Sins and Psys

Options

Comments

• DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    sounds like you were A. picking off inexperienced idiots, or B. killing lowbies

garnet + robes = more def than LA. wizards fully buffed can have 10l+ pdef, any archer ive ever met has ~4-4.5k, which is pathetic. HA + robe combos have more mdef than their LA cousins on venos.

you really dont know anything, please just stop posting.

Im sorry but id rather fill up LA with HP gems than waste time and money on arcane with phys gems. More hp vs more def. Up to you but I liked my hp better than worrying about a few points in defense. Plus LA= more crit% which means more big booms. Talk to any of the people I fought today with half my gear gone since I sold it to help build my BM. I did a 4k crit on a bm. It's all a matter of OPINION on which is better. It also has a lot to do with SKILL.

The people I was fighting were neither inexperienced nor lowbies. So therefore YOU have no clue what you'retalking about and should thus stfu and stop trying to flame.

Wizards have a SKILL to increase defense and thats a good thing. but the veno and archer have none and have to cope with it. I personally think its annoying trying to guess whats coming to kill me and switching armors accordingly. Having a more rounded defense and learning how to get around certain people's damages and attacks is much more valuable than reading a forum on how to build your character like 182657263 other people.
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Wizards have a SKILL to increase defense and thats a good thing. but the veno and archer have none and have to cope with it.

Ever read the description of fox form?
    It's the sole reason venos switch to LA/HA. I had a HA/AA veno. I had 19,909 physical defense buffed.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ever read the description of fox form?

yeah great for HA venos who go with fox form skills. I preffer my LA witch veno.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Im sorry but id rather fill up LA with HP gems than waste time and money on arcane with phys gems. More hp vs more def. Up to you but I liked my hp better than worrying about a few points in defense. Plus LA= more crit% which means more big booms. Talk to any of the people I fought today with half my gear gone since I sold it to help build my BM. I did a 4k crit on a bm. It's all a matter of OPINION on which is better. It also has a lot to do with SKILL.

The people I was fighting were neither inexperienced nor lowbies. So therefore YOU have no clue what you'retalking about and should thus stfu and stop trying to flame.

Wizards have a SKILL to increase defense and thats a good thing. but the veno and archer have none and have to cope with it. I personally think its annoying trying to guess whats coming to kill me and switching armors accordingly. Having a more rounded defense and learning how to get around certain people's damages and attacks is much more valuable than reading a forum on how to build your character like 182657263 other people.
    noob posting more noob garbage. vit arcane + garnets has more HP and defense than LA could ever wish to have, not to mention better m.atk... mp... etc etc. sure you have crit but who cares, its so little its irrelevant unless you have good gear.

you also have fox form, which if you dont use, something is wrong with you.

if it werent for me, the vit arcane build probably would be non existant on my server. i believe youre just a fool looking for something to whine about. have any more junk you wanna be proved wrong on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    BIaze_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

wait what? lvl 87 veno and dosnt know what fox forms dose? no wonder your complaining about the 2 new classes. first off, Learn what fox forms dose second, learn to fight the fish people and 3rd come back here and ask to close this thread. trust me, your thank me after b:chuckle
  • Limeball - Heavens Tear
    Limeball - Heavens Tear Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    DemonFox, even the arcane venos with half a brain use fox form and fox skills in PK.
    Reikara - 94 HA/AA Veno - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Limeball -84 Assassin - Heaven's Tear - Retired
    Reikarah - 99 Seeker - Sanctuary - Retired

Why do I stick around? I draw pwi fanart.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's ok Hamsta is the Troll King b:chuckle.wanna be his queen?

D:
    me are not troll
    T.T'
    I agree that stealth is annoying, but it's an easy fix. Give us true AoEs, or just a genie skill that reveals stealthed chars.

Not that hard. Sins still aren't OP, just obnoxious.

exactly...me just want true AoEs...
    not just multi target skills
    >.>
    o and a nerf on both assassins teleport skills to lower it's cast range and mayhaps even add in a cast/channeling time for both.
    currently both can be cast at or mayhaps even outside archer range....
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    noob posting more noob garbage. vit arcane + garnets has more HP and defense than LA could ever wish to have, not to mention better m.atk... mp... etc etc. sure you have crit but who cares, its so little its irrelevant unless you have good gear.

you also have fox form, which if you dont use, something is wrong with you.

if it werent for me, the vit arcane build probably would be non existant on my server. i believe youre just a fool looking for something to whine about. have any more junk you wanna be proved wrong on?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH somone is QUITE full of themselves. you're saying it as if theres no upside to being LA. Theres more defense with the LA and with HP shards and your hp is comparable to a vit/arcane build. Its about being a balance between the 2 not trying to boost one up and think its better. If you're reffering to people who +12 their gear and put Citrine Gem and whatnot in it, they are irrelavant. I said BEFORE the packs came out. All of that stuff was Non-Existant before those damn packs.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So in other words, "Yes there are 3 skills to counter bleeding." k

So where's the skill that lets you counter invisiblity? If you throw an anti staus skill the sin just stands and waits for it to wear off. Same with any shield or spark or anything.

I only named 2... not sure where you get three from. anti status effect isn't anti stun. stun is movement while bleed is status... these are different.

And yes.. there is an pot that give you a level 20 advantage to see the sins. and if you can't see the sins with the pot... your not going to win anyways.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Samsoul - Lost City
    Samsoul - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just yesterday i was healing for a FB59 and i had a 92 veno with herc 4 tank, a 82 psy, a 85 wiz some other ppl i dont remember =P, the whole time, the psy was stealing aggro from the herc (wich was @ same lvl as the veno. Kinda of a pain, since i wanted to DD a bit too :(

i have yet to fight a same lvl psy, but just from this episode, i think we can all say they r a bit op... i mean, psy takes aggro, and wiz doesnt?

I have done BHs 29s to 59s with psychics, wizards and archers.

The psychic doesn't steal aggro any more than a wizard, in my personal opinion. Sure, we hit a bit harder pre-79 skills, but we don't have a pet, a spammable heal or a p.def shield. So I figured its our way to make up for it by flying through quests up to about 60. (Not to mention huge MP eatage)

Back on topic. Everytime I've been in a BH I've seen the sin/psychic spamming the **** out of their skills. Every single BH I've done virtually the same thing has happened. I've never aggroed because I control my damage output. Simply put, a wizard could easily aggro if he wanted to but obviously that guy was smart and didn't want to look a total noob. b:surrender

Sorry for mini rant. <3
    Samsoul - fail psychic of Lost City!

...I will melt your brain... and decrease your IQ by 150...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If I am a sin, and I see a wizard casting Dragon's breath, I would do the following:

1. Tele stun him (cancel his DB)
    2. faceroll
    3. profit
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Theres more defense with the LA and with HP shards and your hp is comparable to a vit/arcane build
    no there isnt... vit arcane has better everything except for crit, always. LA is garbage. your inexperience speaks volumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver
    Silchas_ruin - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You're right they don't have aggro management skills. But the fact that they can easily take the aggro whenever they feel like is being op. Wizs and archers cant do it with a higher lvl barb why should a psy?
    Lolz, yes they can.
    And not saying they need aggro manangement skills, more that people need to learn to manage the skills they have in order to not pull.
    Learning what you can and cannot do in a squad is pretty simple. I know given lvl of the tank (even better if I know him from before) how long to give for aggro and what I can and can't get away with.
    If I launched everything I had at a boss before tank had adequate aggro and stole, would I be considered OP?
    No, I'd be considered an idiot who doesn't know how to play in squad. Same goes for these psychics. Last bh51 I did on my veno alt, we had a psychic who did this on mobs and the bosses. He died many times, and he wouldn't listen to any advice about letting tank grab hold first. Eventually cleric stopped healing him everytime he stole coz he wouldn't listen.
    But I've done the same bh with other psychics who didn't have this problem.

This is all from a PvE stand point, of course, as I am still unexperienced with either of these new classes in PvP (except the lvl100 rank8 assassin who ***** me, lolz)
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no there isnt... vit arcane has better everything except for crit, always. LA is garbage. your inexperience speaks volumes.

Quoted for the truth LA 90+ gets facerolled by every other armour out there

sucky phys def and sucky mag def ( is why PvP wizards restat to pure arcane at 90) < just a big hint DemonFox LA sucks just ask them wizzies and archers
  • hemoglobin
    hemoglobin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    should i roll a sin on Raging Tide? since its a hard knock life being an archer on Lost City
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Quoted for the truth LA 90+ gets facerolled by every other armour out there

sucky phys def and sucky mag def ( is why PvP wizards restat to pure arcane at 90) < just a big hint DemonFox LA sucks just ask them wizzies and archers

uhg only if i could get my hands on $10k and make an uber LA char to pwn some of you non believers. b:surrender
  • JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver
    JadeFarmer - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Is it just me or are both of these classes overpowered as hell?

Sins in pk mode pop out of invis with a stun and hit you till the stun wears off and go straight back into invis. How is this the least bit fair seeing that theres no possible way to counter this unless you AoE somone and just happen to catch them in it and somehow 1 shot them? I think there should be some sort of measure to counter this, whether it be a potion that lets you see invis or hell just disable the invis to other players. Venos cant use bramble, wiz barbs and archers cant use knockback... why do sins get to be unbelievably cheap and go invis and be unable to be targeted?

Psys are obviously overpowered with their fast, almost wiz powered, spells. I've seen a 72 psy take aggro from a 79 barb in a BH. I read something about the GMs supposedly reducing the aggro of both the psy and sin but I really havent noticed any change at all....

So really GMs what are you doing to balance these classes out? I think everyone would love to know.b:scornb:scornb:scorn

There are many ways to counter sleep (genie and apoc).

Sins stealth escape has a long cooldown so can only be used once in a fight and it uses mana so maybe using mana drains could be used to counter stealth?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    uhg only if i could get my hands on $10k and make an uber LA char to pwn some of you non believers. b:surrender

then that would be teh monies doing the killing...
    not the weakness of teh armor type lol....
    b:surrender

<---me can faceroll people too using NO ARMOR if me had a +10 warsoul weapon.
    b:laugh.
    heck...me could probably do it using heavy armor too if me had enough $$
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    There are many ways to counter sleep (genie and apoc).

Sins stealth escape has a long cooldown so can only be used once in a fight and it uses mana so maybe using mana drains could be used to counter stealth?

You obviously havent fought a sin... And how do you mana drain something you cant target?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Here we go again . . . b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    then that would be teh monies doing the killing...
    not the weakness of teh armor type lol....
    b:surrender

<---me can faceroll people too using NO ARMOR if me had a +10 warsoul weapon.
    b:laugh.
    heck...me could probably do it using heavy armor too if me had enough $$
    xD

lol well a normal arcane/vit/phys gem has no chance against my build then. If we both have flawless or less and +2 to everything then theres no competition. People with all the money are the ones doing the major killing of course. Oracle your way to 105 and get rank 8 and youre pretty much a god in less than a week.
  • BIaze_ - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Options

humm spend $10k for well geared LA armour or spend $200 for +5-6 refined HA or AA gear, most likely a +7 TT 90 weapon and role them $10k LA over twice, meh your money your choice just dont say we didnt warn you if you ever did do this.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You obviously havent fought a sin... And how do you mana drain something you cant target?

I have a sin alt and know what weakness's i have (no im not going to post them all).

I would guess if you want to cripple a skill like stealth escape it would be wise to start drains BEFORE the skill is used?

Tip: Most sins have a small mana pool and most of there skills eat large chunks of it so going for their mana is a tactic worth thinking about.

Now how about a tip on how to counter a nix with a sin please?
    It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
  • Daose - Harshlands
    Daose - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    DOT's now have a use!
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I have a sin alt and know what weakness's i have (no im not going to post them all).

I would guess if you want to cripple a skill like stealth escape it would be wise to start drains BEFORE the skill is used?

Again... you haven't fought a higher level sin. They go invis permanently. theres no waiting for them to come out of it. Theres no way of hitting them before they go into it (if they're smart)
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Again... you haven't fought a higher level sin. They go invis permanently. theres no waiting for them to come out of it. Theres no way of hitting them before they go into it (if they're smart)

So whats the problem?

A stealthed sin cant kill you.
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So whats the problem?

yeah until they stun you coming out of invis smack you around a few times then go immediatly back into stealth. That was the point of all of this if you read the last posts.
  • Giodia - Heavens Tear
    Giodia - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    So whats the problem?

They can tele -stun you and you will have the time to type in 'GG' and press enter.
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah until they stun you coming out of invis smack you around a few times then go immediatly back into stealth. That was the point of all of this if you read the last posts.

Sigh.

And if you read last posts you will see that you can counter sleep and escape stealth has a long cooldown so sins cant keep popping in and out of it.
  • ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear
    ShadowsWrath - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Remove stealth but also remove all other classes being able to kite, once someone hits you your locked it combat.. cus damn people being able to flee before they are killed suxorz.

Escape has 90 second cooldown at max level.. So cant keep popping in and out of combat