Useless against Assassins?

Comments

• Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And just how do you propose an assassin can kill you while invisible, I wonder?
    Seeing as what makes them turn visible is them attacking, and assuming the skill description is correct, there's no chance to use Expel on them. Either they're invisible, or they're already hostile.
  • Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Holy **** you're thickheaded. Expel is a "buff" so you can expel any friggin person you want to. You can ALWAYS expel them. lrn2pk.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Holy **** you're thickheaded. Expel is a "buff" so you can expel any friggin person you want to. You can ALWAYS expel them. lrn2pk.
    So the skill description is wrong then? So nice for someone to finally say so, if that's the case. I was going by the skill description given ingame, since I don't have the skill myself. I did say, repeatedly, that my assumptions were based on the skill description, not based on actual experience.
    edited February 2010
    No the skill description is right. "Hostile" is defined only in TW and duels like someone said earlier. In pk, you can buff everyone and anyone you want and expel counts as a buff.
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    No the skill description is right. "Hostile" is defined only in TW and duels like someone said earlier. In pk, you can buff everyone and anyone you want and expel counts as a buff.
    Wow, I feel like an idiot now b:surrender

I read the "triple spark" part as meaning they triple spark before attacking, which admittedly would be rather silly. Apparently my sarcasm detector is overactive lately; must be all the troll threads I read. My apologies.

Also, that's really dumb. If someone that's taking swings at you doesn't count as hostile... but whatever. In that case, does the PK Blessing/Healing filter count for Expel?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You know when you attack and you get that red flashy outline around your name? Yeah, that's what hostile is. Self buffs (sparking) don't trigger hostility. Hitting someone does. Obviously someone can spark beside you and not be hostile because they haven't hit you yet. 101 and STILL can't grasp that fact. >.>

P.S. Sins faceroll anything short of Heavy Armor, 'nuff said. We squishies have to deal with the fact that we can never kill (a smart) sin QQ

LOL... are you really trying to make youself look like an idoit? Just how many people do you know that walks up to the target and sparks? Very few... if any. I have done many pks where we're already well engaged and the other party sparks... and this is where i seal them. In the wild... you can expel any freaking player you want regardless of the pretty red circle.
    well if you die faster in a period of time shorter than your reaction time (maybe 2-3 seconds for slow people?), then I don't think an assassin's invisibility is the main reason to why you were getting killed. After all anyone could have dropped on you from the sky and killed you similarly if you can't survive for 2 seconds, so no genie skill can help you if you can't even react fast enough to click it.

This. If you honestly can't survive the first hit... there is no point for you to try to fight back. After all... any class can easily get the jump on you (not just sins). For example... a barb can drop out of the sky and arma me... while a wiz can BIDs me from 25 meters away without me ever being the wiser. Worry about how to survive the first hit before worrying about how to kill them.

EDIT: There are things to help you survive the initial hit... get ready... CHARMS!!!
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • SilentReaper - Harshlands
    SilentReaper - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    well if you die faster in a period of time shorter than your reaction time (maybe 2-3 seconds for slow people?), then I don't think an assassin's invisibility is the main reason to why you were getting killed. After all anyone could have dropped on you from the sky and killed you similarly if you can't survive for 2 seconds, so no genie skill can help you if you can't even react fast enough to click it.

Okay... let me explain a little more.
    An assassin will remain invisible while buffing and sparking, and then a smart assassin will stun lock you. By the time you're ready to react, well, you can't. Because you're either stunned, or dead. And as far as I know, nothing works while stunned, not even pots.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    Okay... let me explain a little more.
    An assassin will remain invisible while buffing and sparking, and then a smart assassin will stun lock you. By the time you're ready to react, well, you can't. Because you're either stunned, or dead. And as far as I know, nothing works while stunned, not even pots.

and thats why god invented the genies. and yea... you don't know very far do you.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    people do realize abosolute domain makes u immune 2 damage and stunning for awhile?

soooo when the sin is blood red is 20 feet from u and suddenly goes invisible turn it on :D
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    people do realize abosolute domain makes u immune 2 damage and stunning for awhile?

soooo when the sin is blood red is 20 feet from u and suddenly goes invisible turn it on :D

be my guest. a few seconds isnt much time to wait before i cut your head off.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010

LOL... you oracled your way up didn't you. A few seconds is all thats standing between life and death. A few seconds is more then enough pop a pot and add more then a few seconds to it. And to actually say that you'll "wait" for the immunity to wear off to kill... pretty much states that you never really pked before. People die outside of stun lock all the time... and a few seconds is more then enough to kill.

• Softie - Harshlands
    Softie - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2010

u r not one of the sins im worried about ive never seen u pk

im talking bout avoniz or ninjaice and absolute domain worked against ice and i killed him while he is 4 socket all immaculates and im 2 sockets with flawless
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    LOL... you oracled your way up didn't you. A few seconds is all thats standing between life and death. A few seconds is more then enough pop a pot and add more then a few seconds to it. And to actually say that you'll "wait" for the immunity to wear off to kill... pretty much states that you never really pked before. People die outside of stun lock all the time... and a few seconds is more then enough to kill.

lol way to assume! i havent used 1 oracle. not even the ones i got from my stash. i gave em to a freind who was oracleing. and a few seconds means NOTHING AT ALL because if you bothered to read what he said it was "and suddenly goes invisible turn it on" i will gladly wait a few seconds WHILE INVISIBLE!. thank you come again
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2010
    lol way to assume! i havent used 1 oracle. not even the ones i got from my stash. i gave em to a freind who was oracleing. and a few seconds means NOTHING AT ALL because if you bothered to read what he said it was "and suddenly goes invisible turn it on" i will gladly wait a few seconds WHILE INVISIBLE!. thank you come again

and if your fighting against anyone worth while... chances are they'll be carrying awareness pots. heck... right now i can prob pop every sin on my server without a sweat ... and even then i still carry awareness pots for that 1 who might get away. and for those of us who actually have pk experience... a few seconds is EVERYTHING.

• RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    and if your fighting against anyone worth while... chances are they'll be carrying awareness pots. heck... right now i can prob pop every sin on my server without a sweat ... and even then i still carry awareness pots for that 1 who might get away. and for those of us who actually have pk experience... a few seconds is EVERYTHING.

ok so you cant even admit your wrong? yeah a few seconds counts in battle. but when im stealthed a few seconds means nothing. and good luck seeing me with those pots. they only let you see 20 levels over youre head. so let me see....im 83 i can stealth to 113. you would have to be 93 or higher to see me even with those pots. and my the time im 90 only lvl 100 and up and see me with those pots. im not to worried about them
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ok so you cant even admit your wrong? yeah a few seconds counts in battle. but when im stealthed a few seconds means nothing. and good luck seeing me with those pots. they only let you see 20 levels over youre head. so let me see....im 83 i can stealth to 113. you would have to be 93 or higher to see me even with those pots. and my the time im 90 only lvl 100 and up and see me with those pots. im not to worried about them

he's lvl 101. his av says so. dont you have eyes in your otherwise empty head, tard?

i thought a normal player got 1 awareness per lvl? that makes you able to stealth to 103 with cat like thread maxed, no?
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    he's lvl 101. his av says so. dont you have eyes in your otherwise empty head, tard?

i thought a normal player got 1 awareness per lvl? that makes you able to stealth to 103 with cat like thread maxed, no?

oooh whoopty do 101! so all i gotta do is get to 92. its not like i would go out attacking lvl 101s anyways
    edited February 2010
    oooh whoopty do 101! so all i gotta do is get to 92. its not like i would go out attacking lvl 101s anyways

lol you're an idiot. all you can do is stun the first time. then the can use expel on you so you're sealed. then **** your face with magic attacks while popping an antistun apo just in case you think you can win.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    lol you're an idiot. all you can do is stun the first time. then the can use expel on you so you're sealed. then **** your face with magic attacks while popping an antistun apo just in case you think you can win.
    and youre statement has nothing to do with what you quoted. and youre not smart enough to think that fast
    edited February 2010
    i was just making sure ppl understood i was replying to you smartass. you're just avoiding the facts because you can't think fast enough yourself. which is why you commented on something irrelevant to the post.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    i was just making sure ppl understood i was replying to you smartass. you're just avoiding the facts because you can't think fast enough yourself. which is why you commented on something irrelevant to the post.

holy **** youre dumb! how can i comment on somthing that doesnt make sense! thats like me quoting you and saying

"youre such a noob because you wear heavy armour"

ya see how that MAKES NO FOCKING SENSE?
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    holy **** youre dumb! how can i comment on somthing that doesnt make sense! thats like me quoting you and saying

This really reminds me of that quote I saw somewhere.

"Don't argue with an idiot. He'll just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience"
    youtube.com/chezedude
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    This really reminds me of that quote I saw somewhere.

"Don't argue with an idiot. He'll just bring you down to his level and beat you with experience"
    yeah well his idiotness is starting to give me a head ache. i think ill take your advice
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010

You do have a point here. At a certain lvl, the awareness pots no longer works...which in my option is rather silly. I believe you as user must be 1 step of cultivation above or something like that.

So even if a sin cant kill you with first hits you can never kill him either. I mean the initial attacks never kills anyone in this game anymore due to genies (unless its a barb or wiz that 1 shoots). We can always parry a any players first moves easy. But once a sin reaches your lvl you cant kill him since he will disappear once he realizes he might die.

The scenario might be like:

Sin pops up from nowhere stuns you + uses w/e skills
    You pop abso domain + wings of grace + start to kick his ****
    The sin dont wanna waste a doll and his charm ticks/or deaden nerves saves him - he forces stealth and is gone and you cant do anything about it b:bye

Than he can stay hidden til deaden nerves and force stealth is ready to use again. Either you can hang around and hope you're genie will be ready to go again before he comes back, or you can gtfo lol.

Rather annoying. High lvl sins will never risk dying 1v1. In party pvp it will be different tho.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    You do have a point here. At a certain lvl, the awareness pots no longer works...which in my option is rather silly. I believe you as user must be 1 step of cultivation above or something like that.

So even if a sin cant kill you with first hits you can never kill him either. I mean the initial attacks never kills anyone in this game anymore due to genies (unless its a barb or wiz that 1 shoots). We can always parry a any players first moves easy. But once a sin reaches your lvl you cant kill him since he will disappear once he realizes he might die.

The scenario might be like:

Sin pops up from nowhere stuns you + uses w/e skills
    You pop abso domain + wings of grace + start to kick his ****
    The sin dont wanna waste a doll and his charm ticks/or deaden nerves saves him - he forces stealth and is gone and you cant do anything about it b:bye

Than he can stay hidden til deaden nerves and force stealth is ready to use again. Either you can hang around and hope you're genie will be ready to go again before he comes back, or you can gtfo lol.

Rather annoying. High lvl sins will never risk dying 1v1. In party pvp it will be different tho.

*hugs* b:dirty im so glad theres people in this topic that arent as dumb as rocks
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I guess if you can chain stun a sin after his charm ticked, so he cant use shadow escape, you can kill him. That only works under ideal circumstances, where he does not have genie energy for absolute domain/fortify etc.

All tho archers cant chain stun anyway. Once Observation Pots becomes pointless, which will be pretty soon since more and more sins are 90+, i really cant see any way of killing a sin that plays safe/smart - pops shadow escape as soon as he risks loosing a fight.

How you gonna kill someone you cant see >.<
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I guess if you can chain stun a sin after his charm ticked, so he cant use shadow escape, you can kill him. That only works under ideal circumstances, where he does not have genie energy for absolute domain/fortify etc.

All tho archers cant chain stun anyway. Once Observation Pots becomes pointless, which will be pretty soon since more and more sins are 90+, i really cant see any way of killing a sin that plays safe/smart - pops shadow escape as soon as he risks loosing a fight.

i recommend a skill as simple as tangleing myer.and not for what it does. but for its aoe. the way to kill a sin is to remember if he uses shadow escape he cant use it again for another 90 seconds. if you see him go stealth, most sins just stand there where they stealthed, so find the nearest mob and tangle myer it. if youre lucky it will hit the sin and he can either fight you or run away like everyone else.

i shouldnt be giving away are secrets. but eh, shareing is careing
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2010

in other games the answer is simple -nuke the whole area so badly the sin has to either stun you or gtfo. in pwi... the closest you get is bramble rage, since i believe you are center point of effect area?
    edited February 2010

Just because you can't find a legitimate argument doesn't mean you have to come up with some random BS and add in some expletives to make yourself sound like a complete moron.

Here. Let me put what I said earlier in your type of language. "When stunned, expel sin. Cast magic. Sin dead."
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Just because you can't find a legitimate argument doesn't mean you have to come up with some random BS and add in some expletives to make yourself sound like a complete moron.

Here. Let me put what I said earlier in your type of language. "When stunned, expel sin. Cast magic. Sin dead."

you are a moron. stop posting please