Useless against Assassins?

Comments

• Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver
    Mage_Fizban - Dreamweaver Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You have no basis to back up your poorly founded allegations. Please stop wasting everyone's time.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't think that sins are going to be nerfed unless PW-CN decides to do it. Because pretty much PWI just does exactly what CN does in terms of expansion/patches etc.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You have no basis to back up your poorly founded allegations. Please stop wasting everyone's time.

Anyway, back on topic. I don't think that sins are going to be nerfed unless PW-CN decides to do it. Because pretty much PWI just does exactly what CN does in terms of expansion/patches etc.

i wish you were on harshlands so i could destroy you
    edited February 2010
    Empty threats. Just drop it. You can't do anything about me. You can't "prove you're almighty and oneshot me with your 1337 hax0r sk1lls."

I'm not about to reroll on another server just to prove you wrong anyway. PW ruined the game with all their packs and now the just have to keep on bringing them back in order to keep their pockets lined. Fash and mounts just don't cut it anymore.

Even if they didn't just give you everything you could ever want in packs, the gameplay is pretty abysmal. What is there left to do? Farm for marginal improvements in gear? No thanks. Pretty much just pk/tw which isn't all that great anyway.

Why do you think I'm even putting up with all the stuff you're saying? The answer? It's simply just more entertaining than the actual game.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I guess if you can chain stun a sin after his charm ticked, so he cant use shadow escape, you can kill him. That only works under ideal circumstances, where he does not have genie energy for absolute domain/fortify etc.

All tho archers cant chain stun anyway. Once Observation Pots becomes pointless, which will be pretty soon since more and more sins are 90+, i really cant see any way of killing a sin that plays safe/smart - pops shadow escape as soon as he risks loosing a fight.

How you gonna kill someone you cant see >.<

awareness pots basically cancel out the sin's cat like thrend... so you should be able to see sins 1 level below you with the pot active. with our levels... just how many level 100 sins do you think are out there right now?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Chezedude - Dreamweaver
    Chezedude - Dreamweaver Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    awareness pots basically cancel out the sin's cat like thrend... so you should be able to see sins 1 level below you with the pot active. with our levels... just how many level 100 sins do you think are out there right now?

/10charomfg
    youtube.com/chezedude
    edited February 2010
    More like 3 you noob hahah. One with rank 8, one with nirvana daggers, and one with tt99 gold (phew someone normal).
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    quick question has anyone tried earthquake on a sin that just went inviso? according to the skill

violently shakes the ground under your feet. causes 369.9 earth damage to enemys within 10 meters/knock back monsters. has 10% chance per lvl to disrupt enemy skills.

now what im talking about is if the sin is trying to run after he deciedes your to tough to fight can you pop earthquake and drop the sin outta inviso?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No. Assassins get +10 stealth level from maxing out the stealth skill as well. So 11 levels below with the potion active. There are plenty of 9x Assassins running around.
    quick question has anyone tried earthquake on a sin that just went inviso? according to the skill

violently shakes the ground under your feet. causes 369.9 earth damage to enemys within 10 meters/knock back monsters. has 10% chance per lvl to disrupt enemy skills.

now what im talking about is if the sin is trying to run after he deciedes your to tough to fight can you pop earthquake and drop the sin outta inviso?
    Earthquake requires a target to cast. If you've got a convenient nearby mob or NPC, it will work just fine to knock them out of stealth. Not sure about using a level 10 earthquake as soon as they start channeling the Shadow Escape though.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Wow, this topic is still going on? Its been proven a thousand times how TB stomp on other races. Now we just need to get Devs to change it.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    No. Assassins get +10 stealth level from maxing out the stealth skill as well. So 11 levels below with the potion active. There are plenty of 9x Assassins running around.

Earthquake requires a target to cast. If you've got a convenient nearby mob or NPC, it will work just fine to knock them out of stealth. Not sure about using a level 10 earthquake as soon as they start channeling the Shadow Escape though.

And i'll refer you to this topic "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=626612&quot; where its started an a level 100 can see a 9x sin (with all stealth max) with use of the pot. and i also have no problem seeing 9x sins with use of pots. which is why i am saying that the extra +10 from the skill itself is bugged or something else is at play. and until they fix it... i'll be able to see every last sin... well... until 1 of them decides to level up to 101.

Wow, this topic is still going on? Its been proven a thousand times how TB stomp on other races. Now we just need to get Devs to change it.

there is NO need to nerf the new classes... just learn to play your own class. archer has always been a **** class for end game... so learn to deal with it.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • XLusca - Heavens Tear
    XLusca - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2010

You know, if you had more than 3k hp at your level some people might actually listen to you lol
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You know, if you had more than 3k hp at your level some people might actually listen to you lol

perhaps you should wonder what he did with his sockets instead of talking dirt nub?

shadow escape nerfing idea: change channel to 2,5 seconds. let's see them do this now. at the very least the spark bonus/remove negative status should be removed.

by the way. does the "remove negative status" from shadow escape remove dots? if so, this means a sin can effectively take a nix's bleed off without needing to waste his genie's energy on it. it porbably makes the immobilize/nuke combo useless for an archer (if the sin can just go invisible and remove the immobilize)
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    by the way. does the "remove negative status" from shadow escape remove dots?
    Nope, at least not as far as I can tell. Heck, I don't think it even removes debuffs.
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You guys do comprehend the fact that we are demanding a nurf and discussing, how we can pwn them sins, and their 79 and demon/sage skills are not yet out....right? b:surrender
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    79/89/92/99/100 skills aren't out yet and they already mop the floor with us.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nope, at least not as far as I can tell. Heck, I don't think it even removes debuffs.

it doesnt remove jach shet. ive wondered about that
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Was just at the Elder in archo....they put the demon/sage trainers for the sins and psychics b:shocked
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    they didnt do that intentionally, the new build from china probably put them back there, same as the other npcs ( tournament agent ), guess they will be removed shortly.
  • XLusca - Heavens Tear
    XLusca - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    perhaps you should wonder what he did with his sockets instead of talking dirt nub?

shadow escape nerfing idea: change channel to 2,5 seconds. let's see them do this now. at the very least the spark bonus/remove negative status should be removed.

by the way. does the "remove negative status" from shadow escape remove dots? if so, this means a sin can effectively take a nix's bleed off without needing to waste his genie's energy on it. it porbably makes the immobilize/nuke combo useless for an archer (if the sin can just go invisible and remove the immobilize)

Yeah he put +1 attack level stones in instead of hp and then **** that he doesn't have enough hp and sins kill him before he can attack them
    It was his choice to use attack level stones instead of hp ones but you can't fight a sin without hp, Sins would be worse than gimped if they couldn't kill someone with 3k hp at 9x

but maybe you should know what you are talking about before you post =x
    increasing the channel time on stealth won't change anything, sins can just save deep sting then use deep sting > stealth and you will all still Q.Q just as much

and it doesn't remove ANY negative effects, doesn't remove immobilize, doesn't remove DoTs, doesn't remove mana drain, it doesn't remove anything
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited February 2010

ty :D at least now i'm reasured i wont have sins breaking out of my immobilize
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    ty :D at least now i'm reasured i wont have sins breaking out of my immobilize
    Won't do you much good to immobilize them. They'll just Shadow Jump or Shadow Teleport to you.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Won't do you much good to immobilize them. They'll just Shadow Jump or Shadow Teleport to you.

i dont think they can. (based on the fact you litterally CANT MOVE imobilized things. try aim low + knockback. i'm fairly sure it doesnt work.)
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    i dont think they can. (based on the fact you litterally CANT MOVE imobilized things. try aim low + knockback. i'm fairly sure it doesnt work.)

Ever seen a Wizard distance shrink while being immobilised? I have.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Ever seen a Wizard distance shrink while being immobilised? I have.

i dont usually immobilize wizards. it doesnt really keep them from killing me.

so much for my brilliant plan
  • Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear
    Pinball_Map - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You guys do comprehend the fact that we are demanding a nurf and discussing, how we can pwn them sins, and their 79 and demon/sage skills are not yet out....right? b:surrender

I highly doubt they are going to nerf the Tideborns. Seriously, people have been ******** about the Nix bleed since their arrival and NOTHING has been done to rectify the situation.
  • Pegaeae - Harshlands
    Pegaeae - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Sure we have no sage/demon skills, but our skills are maxed at 86, whats there to look forward to, and what makes you think you should be able to pwn me? make a list of the classes you can pwn vs the ones you cant....you will find it is 50/50....The next thing I want you to take into account while your crying cause i stealth and stun you till you die, is how many gv,fc squads have you been on with a tideborn? we are an outcast because we have no defined role in most squads.

Okay I admit it sucks for you cause you cant see me.....dont take that away from me, although i believe some adjusting could be made. If pwi could make it so you could target the ground for an aoe instead of a mob it will let you try and search for me....

and as far as the nix goes i agree it is unfair that no other class is allowed such an extremely dangerous weapon outside of warsoul. however anyone who says it is the bleed that kills you is a moron. most nixomancers train their nix with pounce which stuns you then speeds up the attack of the nix, which already attacks damn fast. so yes i hate venos...but its not the bleed its the bird in general.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    I highly doubt they are going to nerf the Tideborns. Seriously, people have been ******** about the Nix bleed since their arrival and NOTHING has been done to rectify the situation.

Nix bleed has a simple counter. Kill the veno before Nix gets to you. *Shrug*

Archers can't kill Assassin before they get to us because... they're invisible.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I heard there was some rumour about there being an Apo available at City of Raging Tides for the people that own the territory that increases awareness level. Is that just a fail rumour or is there some element of truth behind that?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    They need something that any class can use that permanently increases awareness. Something like, Dex would increase it or a series of quests that each one you complete increases it by 1.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    I heard there was some rumour about there being an Apo available at City of Raging Tides for the people that own the territory that increases awareness level. Is that just a fail rumour or is there some element of truth behind that?

it's been mentioned itt.

by the way, nix dmg is one thing, but a dd class that will always hit first, has 8 seconds stun and the ability to double spark at the start of any fight... never mind the fact they will never run out of chi if they keep an eye on their cooldowns.

it's like an archer getting to knockback in pvp. and using aim low without a spark. (or having twice the current range lol)