Demon Or Sage ??

12346»

Comments

• Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think if it were THAT obvious, the whole discussion and economy for cleric cost would be diff. by now

I personally don't see why it can't be as obvious, or easy for that matter, as that. : /

I mean, for Demon CGS, 535 mana cost, 900 mana/15 sec recovery, and Demon IH costing 400 mana, recovering 300 mana over 15 sec. 935 mana cost for casting these 2 skills, and recovering 1200 mana over 15 sec, is 265 mana over the mana cost to use them. That seems pretty obvious to me.

b:surrender
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    89 - 72 =/= 18 levels. ijs.

and what is wighting?

Maybe she just dinged? And I believe "wighting" is weighing.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    89 - 72 =/= 18 levels. ijs.

and what is wighting?

I was at work on the phone when I posted this and it is weighing and 17 lvls.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    <-- sage now b:victory
    i calmed down somewhere around digging rhino herb lol... though my wonderful squad asked me twice where we are going just to make sure :P
    Tysm Zanryu, Aadi and MystiMonk for your support b:thanks
    The demon skill ill miss the most is revive with its half channel time :( made new batch of windrage to compensate for that somehow lol...
    as for aesthetics... sage fairy is just normal, standard pretty, while demon imp is adorable b:cute and i like scarlet demon eruption more too... will have to live now with celestial which looks like normal spark just bigger. well, one cant have everything...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I personally don't see why it can't be as obvious, or easy for that matter, as that. : /

I mean, for Demon CGS, 535 mana cost, 900 mana/15 sec recovery, and Demon IH costing 400 mana, recovering 300 mana over 15 sec. 935 mana cost for casting these 2 skills, and recovering 1200 mana over 15 sec, is 265 mana over the mana cost to use them. That seems pretty obvious to me.

b:surrender
    what i meant was the issue of mana has come up but not as a major issue enough to sway pple as one of the reasons. Its basically like saying 'because you somewhat save on charms'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • mjanes
    mjanes Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ur confusing me guys no idea whats the difference between sage or demon???b:cry
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The demon skill ill miss the most is revive with its half channel time :( made new batch of windrage to compensate for that somehow lol...
    as for aesthetics... sage fairy is just normal, standard pretty, while demon imp is adorable...
    Those are the exact things that are making this so hard for me... the damn demon imp is to freakin' cute. Demon Purify and Revive will have me drooling as a lv.150 Sage three years from now... But... but... but... I heal more?
    ._.
    Crappers I think I might flip a coin at lv.89 in three weeks, lol. Nah, sages also get to spark up way more often! A quick Vanguard will boost up our tanks defense a hundredfold! Plus, a single spark for Tempest?!! Zomg!!!

Does anyone else wish they made Demons or Sages suck more so the choice would be easier?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Those are the exact things that are making this so hard for me... the damn demon imp is to freakin' cute. Demon Purify and Revive will have me drooling as a lv.150 Sage three years from now... But... but... but... I heal more?
    ._.
    Crappers I think I might flip a coin at lv.89 in three weeks, lol. Nah, sages also get to spark up way more often! A quick Vanguard will boost up our tanks defense a hundredfold! Plus, a single spark for Tempest?!! Zomg!!!

Does anyone else wish they made Demons or Sages suck more so the choice would be easier?
    Honestly I think people over-think going demon or sage. Not that it isn't normal to do so, given the awesome bonuses, but one thing I won't get is why someone would regret going one way or another. Demon clerics are awesome, sage clerics are awesome. I'm a sage cleric and perfectly happy with it. If I had gone demon I'd be just as happy as well.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Honestly I think people over-think going demon or sage. Not that it isn't normal to do so, given the awesome bonuses, but one thing I won't get is why someone would regret going one way or another. Demon clerics are awesome, sage clerics are awesome. I'm a sage cleric and perfectly happy with it. If I had gone demon I'd be just as happy as well.

I love my Sage chi skill. See Alexenokin's signature. I didn't care at all about chi until I got that. And my sage spark is so much prettier than demon spark b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I love my Sage chi skill. See Alexenokin's signature. I didn't care at all about chi until I got that. And my sage spark is so much prettier than demon spark b:chuckle
    I think the demon spark is pretty awesome looking too. I just hate their chi skill -- does anyone ever even use it?
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    <-- sage now b:victory
    i calmed down somewhere around digging rhino herb lol... though my wonderful squad asked me twice where we are going just to make sure :P
    Tysm Zanryu, Aadi and MystiMonk for your support b:thanks
    as for aesthetics... sage fairy is just normal, standard pretty, while demon imp is adorable b:cute and i like scarlet demon eruption more too... will have to live now with celestial which looks like normal spark just bigger. well, one cant have everything...
    It is just fairy unlike a genie and congrats.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I think the demon spark is pretty awesome looking too. I just hate their chi skill -- does anyone ever even use it?

I love using the chi drain skill, really pisses people off lol xD

Then again I get bored sometimes and just use it on mobs.. that's how I found out now matter what mob you use it on you won't get aggro from that skill...b:surrender
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010

I enjoy listening on vent to a party of demons:

"GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF"
    "QUICK QUICK STEAL ITS CHI!"
    "There, now we're safe."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Worship - Harshlands
    Worship - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It is still rather premature for me, but after looking at the skills, demon seems to have a definite edge. The whole not needing to purify after my debuffs, means less chance of them breaking out of my sleep execution. I imagine that if i was 89+ including a demons sparked tempest in execution would be safer(they dont wake up) due to channeling increase. Guess im more of a mage cleric than healer though..
  • KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiKelly - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    The dark side has cookies.

-Thread got hijacked since I <3 cookies-
    f:shame
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    ^ a troll is born, welcome fellow cookie lover <3
  • Nexdonum - Lost City
    Nexdonum - Lost City Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    what i meant was the issue of mana has come up but not as a major issue enough to sway pple as one of the reasons. Its basically like saying 'because you somewhat save on charms'

Ahh. Gotcha. And yeah, I can understand that. I pretty much never use charms (got one currently, but it's the first one in months), so I was looking at the skills from my own playstyle, and how I think I'll be playing when I get to 89+.

b:victory
    We have two ears and one tongue so that we would listen more and talk less. - Diogenes

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. - Pierre Beaumarchais

You cannot reason someone out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - Unknown
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well Going Demon :D
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Well Going Demon :D
    good choice ^^. me demon too
  • SilverDream - Harshlands
    SilverDream - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So wat r demon clerics skill nd wat do they do nd wat r sages skills 4 clerics nd wat do they do
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    lrn2vowel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    So wat r demon clerics skill nd wat do they do nd wat r sages skills 4 clerics nd wat do they do

using full words helps.

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/skillpwi.php <- click
  • Nasume - Lost City
    Nasume - Lost City Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    tbh everytime i see a demon vs sage thread
    i LOL'D SO HARD b:laugh
    and it happens every weeks, new sage vs demon.. go demi
    and those who asking are within 50-80 lvl range

Learn2PlayUrOwnGameAndLookItUpUrselfSeeWhatsBest4UThan2AskOthers
    it's almost like you're asking others to play it for you.
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    edited March 2010
    tbh everytime i see a demon vs sage thread
    i LOL'D SO HARD b:laugh
    and it happens every weeks, new sage vs demon.. go demi
    and those who asking are within 50-80 lvl range

Learn2PlayUrOwnGameAndLookItUpUrselfSeeWhatsBest4UThan2AskOthers
    it's almost like you're asking others to play it for you.

no1 born learned
  • YuYuu - Dreamweaver
    YuYuu - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    go for sage, demon's demon (lol .-.) is ugly :3
    the sage's fairy is so cute <3
  • Neonz - Lost City
    Neonz - Lost City Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    To be honest, I would not listen to anyone in this fourm
    go demon
    go sage
    honestly, before I chose, demon or sage, I looked for a private server
    and tried both out myself before choosing, and honestly I liked demon better

honestly if you listen to anyone here, go demon, go sage, its not going to make a diffrence, each cleric has their own way of healing or playing, I say if you want to listen to so and so, about going demon or sage, then do so, because demon/sage is just how YOU want to play. their is no BETTER ONE.
    Sage=protection and heals with some good attack benifits.
    Demon=attack with some good heal and protection benifits + - chanting in the demon spark.

I say, find a private server like fakegaming.net their fake perfect world, and try both out yourself ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Boojangles has a fetish with brambles o.O

---R-E-T-I-R-E-D----
    So troll elsewhere
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    edited April 2010
    i was planning for demon log time ago xD
  • konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    *down-right-Fierce* NECRO-DOUKEN!

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
This discussion has been closed.