Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Cleric
Demon or Sage ? and WHy ? confused about this thing O.o
Post edited by Khaldon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Ussichu - Sanctuary
    Ussichu - Sanctuary Posts: 429 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you want to be strictly a TW cleric or the best possible stay back and heal cleric, go sage. Slightly stronger IH, faster purifty, and farther res. Pure support type. Better than demon as a cat cleric.

Demon: better attack power, more crits (stack two +2% rings and you got 7% which is pretty scary for magic), mana heal meaning EVERYONE will love you in instances. Needs to build up LESS chi to be ready as a cat cleric (if you live better than your fellow sage clerics they will stick you as a cat cleric), and waaay better freeze and sleep seal
    Navarre was your everyday veno, until she learned her true form. Now she's fox walloping and purging over and over again.. all for a deep stinging, head hunting, wind pushing Assassin. Will there be inner harmony and myriad rainbows? But of course! Yuri&Lemon Find it on Fanfiction XD "Discovering Sanctuary" Chapter 2 is up ^_^
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    if you want to be strictly a TW cleric or the best possible stay back and heal cleric, go sage. Slightly stronger IH, faster purifty, and farther res. Pure support type. Better than demon as a cat cleric.
    Demon purify > Sage purify. Not needing any chi to purify makes a huge difference.

Ultimately, demon is better. Sage IH isn't that much stronger to make it worth anything, and some of the demon heals raises the defenses of whoever you're healing. And, obviously, demon is far superior when it comes to attacks.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tayrin - Lost City
    Tayrin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Last night I dreamed I hit 89 and at the last second accidentally chose Demon instead of Sage. I freaked out and then woke up in a cold sweat and had to convince myself it was just a dream.

b:shocked b:chuckle
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think demon is harder path to go at the beginning. The free chi skill sage cleric gets helps alot.

Everyone talks about demon IH and demon purify but these books are super hard to get. Well I dont know much about how to get them. Never been in fb99 cause I am not level 89 yet. I've only been in eden few times.

I heard some books cant be found, they can be made only... that sounds pricy... I would consider going demon if I was you.

I am LA so demon is the best choice for me. :p
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    One of the things that made me decide to go sage was that a lot of the skills that I liked the most for Demon are level 99 skills. I don't think I'm making it that far b:chuckle

Although I keep getting questions from people I know that are about to hit 89 on skill books and if there are other ways than just the books dropping in 89 and 99...and the tokens for the pages. What are the other ways? Is that it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Although I keep getting questions from people I know that are about to hit 89 on skill books and if there are other ways than just the books dropping in 89 and 99...and the tokens for the pages. What are the other ways? Is that it?

FB89 and FB99
    Old Book Pages from GV or Warsoul Tags (need 20 for 1 random 89/92)
    Pages of Fate from Cube or Warsoul Tags (need 30 for 1 random 99)
    Mystical Pages (Tokens)
    Advanced Mystical Pages (Tokens)

Tokens ---> One thing the packs brought that no one complained about...WTB> Token Packs b:sad
    Demon purify > Sage purify. Not needing any chi to purify makes a huge difference.

Ultimately, demon is better. Sage IH isn't that much stronger to make it worth anything, and some of the demon heals raises the defenses of whoever you're healing.

You forget that Sage's have (for the most part) endless chi. I can purify an entire party in about 6seconds with the Sage version and still have plenty of Chi remaining.

Sage IH heals for 10% more.

Sage has Vanguard = grants the target an additional 100% physical defense over 10sec...similar to Stream of Rejuv but with much lower mp usage and much less channel/cast time. ijs =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I went sage cause I thought the fairy was cuter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Azurite - Harshlands
    Azurite - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I went sage cause I thought the fairy was cuter.

I went demon because I wanted the hamburger fairy. b:surrender
  • X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    one thing about a good about cleric going demon when u rez someone they wont lose any exp at allb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Slipknot_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Last night I dreamed I hit 89 and at the last second accidentally chose Demon instead of Sage. I freaked out and then woke up in a cold sweat and had to convince myself it was just a dream.

b:shocked b:chuckle
    one thing about a good about cleric going demon when u rez someone they wont lose any exp at allb:pleased
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Thank you much Rose b:victory

Don't both Sage and Demon not lose any exp on ress?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010

Both level 11 res = No exp loss....except there is still loss for Clerics without a res b:surrender....I think we should get the same loss as our level of res but that's just me b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kimbley - Harshlands
    Kimbley - Harshlands Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    one thing about a good about cleric going demon when u rez someone they wont lose any exp at allb:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased

O.o isn't that the same for sage revive?

[edit] blast you Rose for ninjaing me =(

[edit 2] and aadi /facepalm =(
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    O.o isn't that the same for sage revive?

Yup...only difference between the two =

Sage = 40 meter range
    Demon = cuts Channel in half
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sage = 40 meter range
    Zzzz
    Demon = cuts Channel in half
    Freakin' sexy. The more I look into cleric skills, the more I'm convinced that all of em should just go demon. Period.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010

I thought a lvl 10 revive did the same thing?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    My clerics level 1 rez > all of your level 11 rez'z. :D

Demon would be the beter choice if your pvp, and heaven for PVE.
  • XiaoMoShen - Harshlands
    XiaoMoShen - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2010

lvl 10 rez is 90% less exp lost, isnt it? o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Forum skill master b:victory

My family calls distracting the cat "Keeping aggro."

"Will you keep aggro on the cat? He's bothering me."
    Five minutes later...
    "Why didn't you keep aggro?! He's back on my lap!"
    edited January 2010
    b:victory im demon, got demon resur, awsome skill ^^. half channeling lol. people dont even know i resured them and keep on asking me to resur.. haha a last minute aid when one die from boss just before boss got kill.. got up right on time
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    lvl 10 rez is 90% less exp lost, isnt it? o.O

Correct. Lvl 10 res gives a 90% reduction in exp loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    b:shutup Sage skills(protective, supportive skill) = Demon skills
    Demon attacks > Sage attacks

only thing different is Demon's supportive skills most of them need to wait till 99 to be the same as sage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Picky - Lost City
    Picky - Lost City Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Both level 11 res = No exp loss....except there is still loss for Clerics without a res b:surrender....I think we should get the same loss as our level of res but that's just me b:chuckle

b:victory I agree! Cant we start a petition or something? b:chuckle
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    endless chi. I

Sage IH heals for 10% more.

Sage has Vanguard = grants the target an additional 100% physical defense over 10sec...
    For reasons stated above and plume shell 85%, i went sage. The rest of the things like 2% crits, attack, and channeling can always be bought with money easily (plus clerics dont want to stack more than 30%channel u glitch)

If i cant stay alive, all that bonus goes to scrap. The 'best defence' is not always 'offense' when you are THE squishest of classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <- went demon for more attacking power:

Hell Spark for way faster channeling,u can literally cast a 2nd plumeshot while the 1st one is in the air <_<, Sage spark is awesome if your a defensive pvper, but im more: get in pew pew pew, get the hell out

Cyclone for extra damage with demon- sage is meh with 45% slow..

Plumeshot is decent, i hated the fact that the cooldown actually increases with sage, but sage does give a nice lil boost, id say they are about equal

Wield Thunder- I dont have it yet obviously, but it was one of the deciding factors that I went demon

Tempest id say is about equal for both choices..

chi gain is a plus for sage i have to admit, but in pvp i dont think id really use it while in combat.

as for all the heals, i do just fine with level 10 heals so i didnt see the point in getting even more healing power than I need.

Demon Spirits gift.. love it.. wish i had it..

Plume shell: sage wins, but 5% difference isnt that much imo, 15 less chi isnt than great either for demon x-x

purify: wish i had it for demon, no chi = win

Metal Mastery: both useful, but im stacking crit at the moment since thats what seems to mostly kill in pvp.

Revive: I personally like demon better since in a party the person I need to rez is within the 27 or w/e range. 40 meters is a bit overkill, id rather have a fast rez to keep the party alive.

with the above said, its personal preference, but in my opinion:

Demon if you want to pk/pvp
    Sage if you want Support
    edited January 2010
    Demon if you want to pk/pvp
    Sage if you want Support
    doesnt that depend on your build tho?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2010

im with u i want that, cuase i dont die much now , thank god, but it would be nice if we got the same loss as our lvl rez, when we go back to town anyway. and meh chose sage, i like the rez, buffs, plume, purify, but thats me, >.>
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    doesnt that depend on your build tho?

well yea but.. full vit with sage will support better than demon

same goes for full mag.

full mage will deal more damage with demon than sage.
  • AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear
    AngelOfLies - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Demon: better attack power, more crits (stack two +2% rings and you got 7% which is pretty scary for magic), mana heal meaning EVERYONE will love you in instances. Needs to build up LESS chi to be ready as a cat cleric (if you live better than your fellow sage clerics they will stick you as a cat cleric), and waaay better freeze and sleep seal

and btw if u mean that when a demon cleric casts celesital guardian seal thats demon, u recover 900 mana, but a sage clerics spirits gift does exactly the same thing. plus a sage vanguard also recovers 1.2k hp >.>
    Avatars: Name-Class-Lvl-Server-Guild-Activeness

AngelOfLies-Cleric-90 Sage-no guild-Not currently Active
    _CatGirl_-Veno-80-No Guild-Not Currently Acitve
    BlindingEdge-Seeker-6x-No Guild-Main
    DrawtheWaves-Sin-5x-No Guild-Active Alt
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    and btw if u mean that when a demon cleric casts celesital guardian seal thats demon, u recover 900 mana, but a sage clerics spirits gift does exactly the same thing. plus a sage vanguard also recovers 1.2k hp >.>

They probably are referring to Demon Ironheart, which heals MP as well as HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    well yea but.. full vit with sage will support better than demon

same goes for full mag.

full mage will deal more damage with demon than sage.
    i dunno why some dont go for balance :<
This discussion has been closed.