Demon Or Sage ??

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    EP channeling above 24% is kinda touchy and I for one would not go higher then that....Also, you would be surprised at how many people DO NOT USE chi drain....ijs b:surrender

ive glitched with like 12 when ironhearting xD

as for the 2nd part about the chi drain, I use it every time i can, im not sure why most people dont, <_<. I actually had it macrod to sleep and seal for a while
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010

as for the 2nd part about the chi drain, I use it every time i can, im not sure why most people dont, <_<. I actually had it macrod to sleep and seal for a while

Hmmmm...you should not be glitchy at -12%....odd imo

And seriously....so many people do not use that skill to its fullest potential. When I play Demon Archer, I spam that skill b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Hmmmm...you should not be glitchy at -12%....odd imo

And seriously....so many people do not use that skill to its fullest potential. When I play Demon Archer, I spam that skill b:victory

:P usually only happens in TT tbh, I dont remember it happening anywhere else. maybe im just laggy..

If i know I can end a fight in a few hits i wont bother with the chi skill, but if i see someone thats gonna be a long /kiting fight, i go nuts with it.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    drmarley wrote:
    Q: Do you have Sage Magic Shell?
    Of course not, i always love discussing about things that i don't have.b:beatup
    *watch out for sarcasm*
    EP channeling above 24% is kinda touchy and I for one would not go higher then that.
    Blowlinbob wrote:

I know which glitch you guys talking about, but i have never seen that happening when attack, only with spamming healing skills, especially Ironheart or Stream.
    Never with Plume,Cyclone, Thunder nor Razor.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Of course not, i always love discussing about things that i don't have.b:beatup
    *watch out for sarcasm*

I know which glitch you guys talking about, but i have never seen that happening when attack, only with spamming healing skills, especially Ironheart or Stream.

only time when attacking i glitch if im spamming plume shot 1 after another.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    only time when attacking i glitch if im spamming plume shot 1 after another.

I have -21% channeling....I have not had an issue, although when I upped my -% channel I did have to change a few macros around b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I have -21% channeling....I have not had an issue, although when I upped my -% channel I did have to change a few macros around b:chuckle

tbh it might not be an issue for sages plumeshot because of its increased cooldown from lvl 10-11 from 1 second to 1.5.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    tbh it might not be an issue for sages plumeshot because of its increased cooldown from lvl 10-11 from 1 second to 1.5.

They are the same at 1.5 sec channel from level 10 to level 11 -- It is just that Level 11 Demon goes from 1.5 to 1.2 channel/cooldown as its Demon Bonus and Sage gets the +800 damage...I hardly think that the 0.3 would make that huge of a difference....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    They are the same at 1.5 sec channel from level 10 to level 11 -- It is just that Level 11 Demon goes from 1.5 to 1.2 channel/cooldown as its Demon Bonus and Sage gets the +800 damage...I hardly think that the 0.3 would make that huge of a difference....

the cooldown is 1.0 seconds levels 1-10 :\ changes to 1.2(demon)/ 1.5(sage) at lvl 11

a half second difference would cause a very very small lag be4 ur next attack, but enough for it not to bug.
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    your talking out of your **** without even experiencing it. atm talking politely isnt really masking your utter ignorance.
    The only person being ignorant at the moment is you, since you're making assumptions about a player you've neither met nor been in a squad with. And if we get into impoliteness, I'd say you'd have to be the expert on that one.

Yes I do have experience with such a thing. I recently had a TT run where our 7x barb was being blasted to oblivion by that drummer boss. BB alone couldn't keep him alive so he was using meds to back up the healing. We survived thanks to his forethought, but it doesn't alter the fact that BB won't save everyone. Im sure even your narrow mind can comprehend that fact.

You're clearly a very aggressive person who doesn't value anyones viewpoints besides their own. You have this bizzare view that a clerics job suddenly changes at 9x and all the skills they learned up til that point are useless. Perhaps im wrong on a few points, if so the smart and polite response is to point them out and explain why. Just saying "its wrong" only illustrates your own ignorance. Last I checked, Clerics were still required to heal using the skills they are given and sage/demon doesn't change that fact.

Tactics will always differ from boss to boss, regardless of level. If you can give me one good reason why clerics are suddenly so incredibly different at your level, then I'll concede defeat. Until then, at least try to be sociable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Tactics will always differ from boss to boss, regardless of level. If you can give me one good reason why clerics are suddenly so incredibly different at your level, then I'll concede defeat. Until then, at least try to be sociable.

Rebirth Delta Wave 3 and 9.

HH 3-3 (Top Boss FML)

Lunar Valley.

^ Just a few b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    did u catch my last post rose on the previous page >:O

tbh i think its bs that they did that (imo secretly but meh) half a second more of a wait is a lil bs.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    did u catch my last post rose on the previous page >:O

tbh i think its bs that they did that (imo secretly but meh) half a second more of a wait is a lil bs.

TBH never noticed a difference when using Plume and can still cast it back to back....Channel or cooldown would imo have a similar effect in terms of "spamability."

Oh and I had missed that post, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Which has the best attack skills or is all around like my skills are now just little better?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Which has the best attack skills or is all around like my skills are now just little better?

for the love of god click this

or read the last 10 pages...
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010

LMAO!! <33333

You just beat me too it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010

I know all about that site I was originally thinking of going demon but I though maybe sage would be better.I am more at crossroads after reading all of this and yes I have 19 lvls to think about it.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I know all about that site I was originally thinking of going demon but I though maybe sage would be better.I am more at crossroads after reading all of this and yes I have 18 lvls to think about it.

fixed. Read what we've been talking about for the last 10 pages, or use the little button titled "Search" and review even more results regarding this topic. :O
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    I know all about that site I was originally thinking of going demon but I though maybe sage would be better.I am more at crossroads after reading all of this and yes I have 19 lvls to think about it.

Also, you will keep going back and forth until about level 85-88.....ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010

^ truth. I started out thinking 80%demon, then 100% sage around mid 80s, then 150% sure demon like at 87-88 lol.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Unless you're insane and started collecting books (held off on equips, and will continue to do so for the most part until 90) early while you lurked at lower levels maxing skills. Makes the decision easy from there, since you've already made an initial investment.

...Unless you've got the money to burn in making a last-minute switch. Which I didn't. So the choice became easy at that point. b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Unless you're insane and started collecting books (held off on equips, and will continue to do so for the most part until 90) early while you lurked at lower levels maxing skills. Makes the decision easy from there, since you've already made an initial investment.

...Unless you've got the money to burn in making a last-minute switch. Which I didn't. So the choice became easy at that point. b:laugh

I was fortunate to have a few Sage's help me out early 6-7x and give me advice. I teetered for a while but by level 86 I was 100% sure of Sage. The ultimate decider for me ended up being a potential TW Cata Cleric (as strange as that sounds) and I have always been a Support/Primary Healer build.

Lucky for me though, all skills became available not long after I turned 90 (when at the time I had only the 3 basic 89 skills). I got all of my main skills with only one duplicate (Sage Revive) by level 99.

I never planned early for skills since at the time of my decision it was VERY difficult to get skills beyond the basics. One of the GREAT things that came out of those packs...Tokens = Skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The only person being ignorant at the moment is you, since you're making assumptions about a player you've neither met nor been in a squad with.
    Here is a lv60 cleric talking about a mer drum boss in TT, having their mind set aside that a skill that is or is not useful 40 whopping lvls laters. Yeah thats ignorance all right b:cute
    Yes I do have experience with such a thing. I recently had a TT run where our 7x barb was being blasted to oblivion by that drummer boss. BB alone couldn't keep him alive so he was using meds to back up the healing. We survived thanks to his forethought, but it doesn't alter the fact that BB won't save everyone. Im sure even your narrow mind can comprehend that fact.
    .....there seriously should be no reason pple would have problems with BB up during drop boss unless a arcane took aggro or a not-so-good gears LA armoured class. I can say for that drum boss, its either the barb lacked some HP/(m,p)def or the cleric BB was too weak.
    You're clearly a very aggressive person who doesn't value anyones viewpoints besides their own. You have this bizzare view that a clerics job suddenly changes at 9x and all the skills they learned up til that point are useless. Perhaps im wrong on a few points, if so the smart and polite response is to point them out and explain why. Just saying "its wrong" only illustrates your own ignorance. Last I checked, Clerics were still required to heal using the skills they are given and sage/demon doesn't change that fact.
    Touche. Your clearly a lower lv cleric who thinks what ever u experience 'back there' is on the same level, 30 to 40 levels ahead. You are using your low lv reference to talk out of your **** and integrate it into higher lvl examples.
    Exactly what we have been saying and quoting this whole thread. 11 pages later after talking out of your **** you ask the question that was answered throughout this thread. Aside from roses post id say BH boss, and warsong links...............but then again,.........high chance you dont even know what we are giving as reasons and skip past them lol >.> GL on drum, when your lv9x thats something youll be able to solo....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I was between demon and sage for weeks reading the skills. First I looked at it from what skills I think are better, then what skills others find more useful, then what skills are better for instances, then what's better for PvP, then what I could get earlier on.

I'm going sage. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    fixed. Read what we've been talking about for the last 10 pages, or use the little button titled "Search" and review even more results regarding this topic. :O

Yeah I know and those other thread all have sage vs demon debates in them.

I guess the best way is to have 1 demon and 1 sage cleric see your playstyle.
  • joemann
    joemann Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Honestly saying only a sage clerics are good for catsquads obviously have never seen a good demon cleric in action. Yes sage has more hp, yes sage can purify nonstop and have lots of chi, but sage clerics also use more chi than that one skill makes up for. 50 chi every 30 secs is nice but when you are in catsquad the only skills you use that require chi are plume shell purify silent seal and chromatic seal. Demon purify requires no chi so no worries there demon plume shell uses half chi and while that extra 5% damage absorb is nice look at how much u get hurt while you have plume shot up about 200 damage. so taking 180 damage instead honestly does not matter because you will have an hp charm. Demon rez is the main reason that you need one for each barb. I can not tell you how many times I have rezed a barb with demon rez and then died or gotten stunned. Sage IH is nice but demon IH is also very strong so even tho you lose that 10% heal you more than make up for it in your rez or not having to worry about chi to purify.

Honestly the best choice for a catsquad would be one demon cleric and one sage although if you had 2 sage clerics who work very well together or 2 demon clerics who work great together then I would use those, because yes sage and demon skills together work wonders but teamwork between the 2 clerics is more important once you have that you can mess with the sage and demon skills.

There honestly is no right or wrong answer to is demon or sage better just more of which skills must I have from each which skill do I absolutely need,and after you figure that out figure out how expensive these skills are and if you will be able to obtain them. I went demon for Rez IH and purify I have all of these skills now more to luck than anything but I am very happy with my choice and would do the same if I had to pick again.
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well for me ill choose demon actually both r good ,sage is for who wants to be healer and demon for higher attack ,well ill go Demon bcuz ill get higher attack and i can heal too , if i went sage high healing and normal dmg
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    <- Demon, with another cleric in 6X likely heading to sage.
  • Devine - Lost City
    Devine - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    siighh ppl take words on forums so personally. no one has any sense of humor nowadays b:shocked

happy sunday everyone <3
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I was fortunate to have a few Sage's help me out early 6-7x and give me advice. I teetered for a while but by level 86 I was 100% sure of Sage. The ultimate decider for me ended up being a potential TW Cata Cleric (as strange as that sounds) and I have always been a Support/Primary Healer build.

Lucky for me though, all skills became available not long after I turned 90 (when at the time I had only the 3 basic 89 skills). I got all of my main skills with only one duplicate (Sage Revive) by level 99.

I never planned early for skills since at the time of my decision it was VERY difficult to get skills beyond the basics. One of the GREAT things that came out of those packs...Tokens = Skills.
    Nice post Red.What does cata cleric mean?Yeah I will be on seesaw for awhile..I got two mentors who I look up to for sage and demon.

I must give credit to joemann for showing us the good thing of being demon.What is needed is pros and cons of both.
This discussion has been closed.