Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i forgot about cata clerics, lol.

<- usually on a DD team when we do TW, -not built for a cata cleric-b:avoid

Yup...most Cata Clerics are Sage. b:cute

TBH --> TW was one of the main reasons I went Sage. Also, with my "normal" gear I have 9% crit (ten if I stop being lazy and change 6 stat points...lol), but Ihave 2 rings for cata that give me about 400 more HP and extra pdf (from +vit). We can be very versitile b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yup...most Cata Clerics are Sage. b:cute

TBH --> TW was one of the main reasons I went Sage. Also, with my "normal" gear I have 9% crit (ten if I stop being lazy and change 6 stat points...lol), but Ihave 2 rings for cata that give me about 400 more HP and extra pdf (from +vit). We can be very versitile b:cute

<- cant wait til 99

I should have around 14-15% crit by then (plus 10% with rainbow blessing)

got 7 atm QQ, trying to get metal mastery cheap for the 9 lulz
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    <- cant wait til 99

I should have around 14-15% crit by then (plus 10% with rainbow blessing)

got 7 atm QQ, trying to get metal mastery cheap for the 9 lulz

Best bets for Crit --> v

Metal Mastery = +2%
    Lunar Ring = +3% /w -6% channel and +250 pdef
    Seal of Eternal Soulitude = +3% /w added Dex (7/8) and Vit (7/8)

Just depends on what other stats you want...or you could get lucky with OHT rings.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Best bets for Crit --> v

Metal Mastery = +2%
    Lunar Ring = +3% /w -6% channel and +250 pdef
    Seal of Eternal Soulitude = +3% /w added Dex (7/8) and Vit (7/8)

Just depends on what other stats you want...or you could get lucky with OHT rings.

yea thats what i was including to get the crit.. except seal, havent heard of that one, ill look into it.

the 15% was with:
    HH99 weapon: 3%
    Metal Mastery: 2%
    2 event rings: 3 + 3 %
    arrow(lulz): 1%
    event boots: 2%
    xmas blessing: 1%

edit i think id rather have 2 lunar rings for the channel+ phys def vs 2 seals for the extra 1 % crit
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yea thats what i was including to get the crit.. except seal, havent heard of that one, ill look into it.

the 15% was with:
    HH99 weapon: 3%
    Metal Mastery: 2%
    2 event rings: 3 + 3 %
    arrow(lulz): 1%
    event boots: 2%
    xmas blessing: 1%

Seal of Eternal Soulitude is from City of Abominations. In addition to mentioned, it gives +100 Magic and +100 Physical Attack and it refines Magic Resist.

b:surrender New Tomb for you.. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Seal of Eternal Soulitude is from City of Abominations. In addition to mentioned, it gives +100 Magic and +100 Physical Attack and it refines Magic Resist.

b:surrender New Tomb for you.. b:cute

cant afford love up and down atm so im settling with my xmas blessing lol.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    cant afford love up and down atm so im settling with my xmas blessing lol.

-.-

Saving up? Good Luck finding one b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    -.-

Saving up? Good Luck finding one b:surrender

all the items ive mentioned im saving up for x-x.

love up and down is probably the last on my list. 1st is boots then metal mastery followed by rings.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    all the items ive mentioned im saving up for x-x.

love up and down is probably the last on my list. 1st is boots then metal mastery followed by rings.

b:shockedb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:shockedb:surrender

yea.. ill probably be 102 still farming mats makin money for these things (unless a certain special someone mails me one or twob:kiss)

or i get a lucky pk drop b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    yea.. ill probably be 102 still farming mats makin money for these things (unless a certain special someone mails me one or twob:kiss)

or i get a lucky pk drop b:chuckle

Well...if I get lucky on packs I can let you know...so far the only thing I have gotten was the Wing Trophy but I already sold that b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Well...if I get lucky on packs I can let you know...so far the only thing I have gotten was the Wing Trophy but I already sold that b:surrender

dunno what that is tbh <_< wings?

<- also saving up for new demon lookin wingsb:dirty

gettin tired of my glittery glass wings x-x they look so thuper fabulous.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If IH heals over 5k of HP at your level, and you STILL need that extra 10%, then you have the single WORST tank in the history of tanks.

Think about it for a second. Extra healing power, which comes anyway via stacking and Wellspring casts and should NOT be necessary with a half-decent tank or MP recovery which effectively reduces self-IH casts to 100mp in cost (since you recover 300mp and it costs 400mp), making it incredible for soloing on top of regenerating the barbs MP letting them cut loose with far more skills than usual.

I'm not saying one is better than the other since its two sides of the same coin. But for me, clerics have more than enough curing skills and abilities that losing 10% additional HP really isn't that devastating.
    I love nub clerics posting like they know how high lvl instances work b:cute we, here, work in instances where bosses easily kill off lv101 barbs even in BB. Being naive is one thing, ignorant is another lol. Yours is on the same lvl as Asmathi once posting on the forums saying all lv95 weapons are USUALLY +12ed lol this was before orb sales, talk about ignorance eh? I put it on my sig and she got so embarrassed, spoons had to remove it. b:chuckle Careful what u say, i might just do the same for u lol your first sentence was something epic i hadnt heard in a while now and i think rose agrees...

I think u need to level up a bit more and try some more intense instances. I say this because the extra 10% makes a huge difference later on...Think high level instances and TW Cata squads. Healing barbs at your level is not (imo) difficult. Not to knock your opinion, but in all honesty that extra 10% heal saves you, the Cleric, mana and can often give you that extra second or two in case something goes wrong.

Overall, both paths are based off of play style more then anything else. But to call a Barb fail because of an extra 10% shows inexperience imo. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    dunno what that is tbh <_< wings?

<- also saving up for new demon lookin wingsb:dirty

gettin tired of my glittery glass wings x-x they look so thuper fabulous.

It is for a Cape...and some not bad ones at that..Look Here

However, easier to just look at the Forges under Armor as the database does not really show the stats....Most work like this: +6-7 of vit, dex, mag, str...with add ons like: +215 pdef x2, +% crit, +hp...etc etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It is for a Cape...and some not bad ones at that..Look Here

However, easier to just look at the Forges under Armor as the database does not really show the stats....Most work like this: +6-7 of vit, dex, mag, str...with add ons like: +215 pdef x2, +% crit, +hp...etc etc

O.O

-saves for a crit cape-

btw i pwdatabased that and only got +str results, i figured something wasnt correct.
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Would this because you can build chi and get sparks faster?You can use genie to build up chi and and strip you of it.

Because sage Wield Thunder has a 50% chance to give you 45 chi + the sage chi skill = +50 chi = basically 1 spark within 3-4 seconds.Now add some cyclones + Wield Thunder after CD is done and you got your fast sparks.

In my book : more spark = better DD, and a Sage can 3spark way more than a Demon.
    so...thats why sage cleric is better DD than a demon cleric :-p
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Because sage Wield Thunder has a 50% chance to give you 45 chi + the sage chi skill = +50 chi = basically 1 spark within 3-4 seconds.Now add some cyclones + Wield Thunder after CD is done and you got your fast sparks.

In my book : more spark = better DD, and a Sage can 3spark way more than a Demon.

lookup demon spirits gift... ijs.

1 sparked at all times = win

+ Demon wield thunder mag debuff stacks with elemental seal
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Look up sage magic shell,constant -20 channel like demon spark = win b:victory
    Unlike your "buff" mine also stacks with Spark, so i win 10 seconds where your buff is useless. :-p
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options

How long does it take CD to recharge?It is far cheaper to go demon on Sanc. than sage.I have been told to go sage.Why is it that everyone tells Clerics to go sage when there good demon skills?
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options

Unlike your "buff" mine also stacks with Spark, so i win 10 seconds where your buff is useless. :-p
    tbh i just learned something i didnt know (unless its a typo)

Demons chi stealing skill has a 30 second cooldown while sage has a 1 minute cooldown. If used correctly you would never be able to spark unless u pot.

but by saging sage is better DD just because of sparks is horribly inaccurate. Since spark only lasts for a small time while i can be pretty much 1 sparked the entire time until i can 3 spark.

edit: again im talking specifically about pvp. DD in PvE is another story. But again earlier i did say
    Demon - PvP
    Sage - PvE
  • Lemuria - Harshlands
    Lemuria - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Being naive is one thing, ignorant is another lol. Yours is on the same lvl as Asmathi once posting on the forums saying all lv95 weapons are USUALLY +12ed lol this was before orb sales, talk about ignorance eh?
    I'm sure you're a nice person, when people get to know you, so im just going to ignore your patronising remark. Go pat someone else on the head, im flame resistant.

If every cleric had to be sage to cure a tank then every cleric would be a sage. Its as simple as that. Nowhere in my post did I say it wasn't useful, just that the difference shouldn't be the line between life and death. Using that 5k HP example it amounts to 34 HP difference every second. If a tank is taking that hard a beating, then you're still going to struggle even with the sage version!

As for BB, even I know that people can die with it up. It halves damage and restores large amounts every 5 secs, but its not a magical invulnerability spell. I'm not sure where you were going with this one. Either you're advocating the use of Ironheart over BB for these situations, or you're pointing out the obvious that some mobs are tough enough to bust through Regeneration Aura. If its the latter, save it. I've already fought targets which can do that. If its the former, then just come out and say so. I have no problems with conceding to better knowledge, but less of the attitude next time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I'm sure you're a nice person, when people get to know you, so im just going to ignore your patronising remark. Go pat someone else on the head, im flame resistant.

If every cleric had to be sage to cure a tank then every cleric would be a sage. Its as simple as that. Nowhere in my post did I say it wasn't useful, just that the difference shouldn't be the line between life and death. Using that 5k HP example it amounts to 34 HP difference every second. If a tank is taking that hard a beating, then you're still going to struggle even with the sage version!

As for BB, even I know that people can die with it up. It halves damage and restores large amounts every 5 secs, but its not a magical invulnerability spell. I'm not sure where you were going with this one. Either you're advocating the use of Ironheart over BB for these situations, or you're pointing out the obvious that some mobs are tough enough to bust through Regeneration Aura. If its the latter, save it. I've already fought targets which can do that. (theres hardly any mobs worth it at lv60-70) If its the former, then just come out and say so. I have no problems with conceding to better knowledge, but less of the attitude next time.
    your talking out of your **** without even experiencing it. b:surrender atm talking politely isnt really masking your utter ignorance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Devine - Lost City
    Devine - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For all you grillin on demon eps coz we cant have as much chi, all i have to say is

I LOVE MY CLOUD ERUPTION. makes heaven eps look bad b:kissb:victory
  • SilentBless - Heavens Tear
    SilentBless - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    For all you grillin on demon eps coz we cant have as much chi, all i have to say is

+1 on demon cleric ^^
  • Khaldon - Sanctuary
    Khaldon - Sanctuary Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Wow ty all for ur opinions check this site :http://ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    click on cleric then click on skills then click on sage or demon u will see the differences
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Options

Right, i forgot we sage clerics can't use that genie skill and spark even more.b:shutup

@ Bowlin : with your demon chi skill you are right, when it comes to 1on1 pvp i agree, its evil :)
    Yet there are 2 other kind of pvp where not many use it, which is pk wars and TW.
    Especially for TW when it comes to killing the catabarb,and i can spark 1 min earlier than you as demon,which leads to less crystal damage taken cos i killed the barb earlier.I see the sage in advantage.

Bringing up your continously 1 spark , i thought i disproved that as not a big
    pro-demon already.As sage can have continously - 20% extra channel,
    which pretty much outweights your attack and ends in a draw.(from my pov)
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Right, i forgot we sage clerics can't use that genie skill and spark even more.b:shutup

@ Bowlin : with your demon chi skill you are right, when it comes to 1on1 pvp i agree, its evil :)
    Yet there are 2 other kind of pvp where not many use it, which is pk wars and TW.
    Especially for TW when it comes to killing the catabarb,and i can spark 1 min earlier than you as demon,which leads to less crystal damage taken cos i killed the barb earlier.I see the sage in advantage.

Bringing up your continously 1 spark , i thought i disproved that as not a big
    pro-demon already.As sage can have continously - 20% extra channel,
    which pretty much outweights your attack and ends in a draw.(from my pov)

Only reason i disagree with the -channel is that it would be (imo) glitchy. Everytime i see a cleric with 20+ or so channel reduction their skills cancel themselves out due to bugs every once in a while. But i agree if we both have the 150% more atk / 20% channel vs each other, it would cancel each others out.

as for killing a catabarb, I tend to lean on the side of a chiless barb makes it easier for everyone to kill him. Get a few demons stacking the chi drain skill on the barb and he cant really do much to protect himself.
  • drmarley
    drmarley Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Q: Do you have Sage Magic Shell?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited January 2010
    Options

What? We can have that skill too.....So you come on and grill Sage eps? Sorry, but I did not realize that one genie skill makes us look bad. To each their own in what path they chose but this imo is a stab at all of us who went Sage.....b:surrender
    Only reason i disagree with the -channel is that it would be (imo) glitchy. Everytime i see a cleric with 20+ or so channel reduction their skills cancel themselves out due to bugs every once in a while. But i agree if we both have the 150% more atk / 20% channel vs each other, it would cancel each others out.

as for killing a catabarb, I tend to lean on the side of a chiless barb makes it easier for everyone to kill him. Get a few demons stacking the chi drain skill on the barb and he cant really do much to protect himself.

EP channeling above 24% is kinda touchy and I for one would not go higher then that....Also, you would be surprised at how many people DO NOT USE chi drain....ijs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    easy to see my choice is still in the future :) but i decided to go sage...
    yes, i know more cleric sages than demons, but when i really decided my path i used a... spreadsheet. printed out skills from ecatomb, thought them over first in terms of which bonus i like and which i dont (sometimes both sage and demon are nice, so i gave up on 'prefer' and just marked +1 or 0). next was: which skills i use most. then i put all in spreadsheet with my +1 / 0 marks, and added on weights. overall result: sage skills won 98 to 85. big enough difference to be sure :)
    my decision is based on my playstyle and my personal preferences. in my opinion sage has better primary heals, secondary attacks, seals, buffs, shield and chi skill. demon has better secondary heals, primary attacks, spark and res.
    and i know already i will miss demon revive and demon wield thunder, but one cannot have everything...
    no.. i still dont have any idea which skills i can actually put may hands on...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.