Sticky now Leads Tao

Comments

• Andromaka - Heavens Tear
    Andromaka - Heavens Tear Posts: 925 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have no real clue of what actually happened but from what ese and yunahh have written in the above posts i think it is not about TW drama its more like about changing leadership drama ... its just my 2 cents. I have quite an experience about big factions changing leadership and tho the original leader assigned some1 as new leader, somebody from the faction administration think he/she would be more entitled for that position and there we go -> argues, drama, etc.
    TBH i was surprized that there was no drama in Enrage when Clunker passed leadership to Marin, and this fact earned my respect for Enrage as guild. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    LOL remember guys, TW is NOT the only thing in this game.b:victory

Just try to have fun, one thing I hate about TW guilds is the misconception of getting rich or getting very easy access to good gear. Look for example, the moment Belial got land, you saw random ppl we have never seen in Belial join. Another example would be ppl applying to Tao for the advance apoth pots, money, gear, power, pride etc etc (Yes, I heard these from Tao players now sadly..)

Feels like TW is the #1 cause for drama-making in a guild.

Is TW really fun, yea it can, but when ppl start to complain because of a loss, it just get dreadful and annoying.

Remember, there is a difference between having a fun TW, and getting wiped in 10 - 20 mins.

The way Tao got drama, was based off of TW-related topics obviously.(Could be more but w/e) Enrage, Rad, and Caesar can be subjected to the same thing as well. But oh well, things go onb:victory

Oh...my...god.

Enrage members are actually making sense?!

b:laugh

Nah, I kid, I kid. Actually, I find that this is the one of the very few reasons that a Faction can fall. Once they get that "on the map" status, everything tends to change. And once they become the "top" Faction (in terms of solely amount of land held), all bets are off.

...this is also one of the very few moments where I'm going to be totally SRS BSNS (as possible). I can completely empathize with Esemeli and the rest of the Tao Crew that left. Back, long ago, when Radiance split off into...three other Factions, I believe...there was one Faction, Memories. I believe that was the...second TW Guild that I had joined at that time, and was having an awesome time there. They were incredibly helpful, always helping me with quests, or where to grind, what to do and how to help play my class. I learned most everything I know now from them. I still remember our Leader's name. Seksi. Or some variation of the spelling, at least.

Well, long story short, Seksi ended up leaving the Faction...though the reason was unclear. He took with him a lot of the higher ups in the Faction, and that caused mass panic within Memories. Not wanting to see my fellow Factionmates so scattered, I tried to keep them calm and reassure them that everything would be okay.

Another long story short, I was made Leader of Memories. So there I was, the responsibility of trying to resurrect an entire Faction laying squarely on my 19-year-old shoulders. But I took it in stride. I tried my best, completely reorganizing the forums, appointing some officers when needed, and trying to help everyone out. I felt amazing the first few weeks, like this was going to actually pull itself off.

...then life came at me. I ended up failing my Calc II class over the summer (by the way, DON'T take college math classes over the summer...they're murder), personal relationship problems arose, and...well, I pretty much snapped. However, I'm actually a person who is very gentle and shy (though the anonymity of the Internet really DOES bring out the mischievous monkey in me), and I tend to beat myself up a lot emotionally and immediately try and take the blame when things go wrong.

I apologied profusely to everyone in Memories, telling them what happened and how I couldn't lead them any longer. I passed the Leadership role to my very trusted Director...and well...not his fault, but everyone just kinda gave up after that. Memories faded away. But I did learn a lot from that Faction.

I learned that leading a Faction can be VERY stressful. I learned that it really IS hard to balance work and play in that kind of role. I learned that trying to resurrect a dying Faction is incredibly hard work, and I could just imagine what leading the "top" Faction would be like. I never got a chance to lead any TW, so that's the only department I'm lacking in...but I did get my first real TW experience from them, and it was so amazing.

In conclusion, I may not have gone though exactly what Ese had gone through, since there are too many variables...but I know I can somewhat relate. Yes, while I'll admit that there could have been much more gentle and peaceful solutions to the problem, there could have been much more chaotic ones, as well. Hell, Hoshi could have been Heaven Tear's Ascii, if he really wanted to...but all of that's passed. Water under the bridge, in my eyes.

I don't take this game too seriously anymore. I charge ZEN when I feel like it, I play when I feel like it, I do BH's, TT's and TW's when I feel like it. And it feels good to have control over how often you play, instead of feeling the need to play, just so you can keep your position in a Faction. If I get kicked out of Tao one day for inactivity...then so be it. The TW's fine, and the pay is whatever...but I just play this game for the stress release of being able to put myself into a fantasy setting the let the stresses of the day out on some Wraiths. And honestly...that makes me the real winner.

Looking back up at everything I wrote...I can totally see why I passed my Speech class with an A+.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Fliiick - Heavens Tear
    Fliiick - Heavens Tear Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dude this is a game so get over it... Are you going to just sit here and say you're gonna create a grudge over something very trivial and stupid? I think it would be wiser if you just decided to put this behind you and work to rebuilding Tao cause that's the smarter thing to do.

Another thing is when I left Caesar quietly I got called a traitor and told I betrayed them so regardless of what was said the result is that the guild you leave will see you as turning your back on them.

P.S. Can a GM please close this thread as it got out of hand.

I'm not gonna get involved with thoughts on this topic (yes that's right, Fliiick won't get involved in a thread on PWI forums b:shocked) but Tao isn't in need of rebuilding.

We lost 7 members "that day", and 6 don't have their hours. There's still 180+ left.
    ~Almost original Tao member~
    Former Tao Director

IGN: Fliiick
    Cleric 100
    Currently Radiance
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Those who left Tao didn't leave Tao. We left some rotting POS wreck of a guild.

To join another rotting POS wreck of a guild? Grats?
    Meh should have gone for a challenge and all joined Rad or Salad b:pleased

Indeed, or made a new faction.
    TBH i was surprized that there was no drama in Enrage when Clunker passed leadership to Marin, and this fact earned my respect for Enrage as guild. b:victory

Andromaka, that's because the situation had gotten so bad in Enrage when leadership was passed that almost everyone welcomed new leadership. Time has shown it's even worse than before.
    Play this song while you read her post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

Heh, no. More like this.

http://www.blackborder.com/q/sites/default/files/images/vader-fail.jpg
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    To join another rotting POS wreck of a guild? Grats?

Indeed, or made a new faction.

Andromaka, that's because the situation had gotten so bad in Enrage when leadership was passed that almost everyone welcomed new leadership. Time has shown it's even worse than before.

Heh, no. More like this.

http://www.blackborder.com/q/sites/default/files/images/vader-fail.jpg

Grumpy much?
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Konari, how could you think an enrage member was making sense? =O Knownase is clearly a Caesar member b:victory

Dude this is a game so get over it... Are you going to just sit here and say you're gonna create a grudge over something very trivial and stupid? I think it would be wiser if you just decided to put this behind you and work to rebuilding Tao cause that's the smarter thing to do.

Another thing is when I left Caesar quietly I got called a traitor and told I betrayed them so regardless of what was said the result is that the guild you leave will see you as turning your back on them.

P.S. Can a GM please close this thread as it got out of hand.

and dema i don't think anyone think you are a traitor, **** maybe traitor no :P don't think so highly of yourself that you deserve that title b:chuckle

also it may be a game put people do put in real work to make factions work not just talk a lot about it like some, so it is perfectly understandable when someone gets angry like this, maybe not the best way express it of coarse but still understandable. It may be a game but it is still real people playing it doing real work and making real friendships.

so everyone b:bye to tao share all that land with the rest of us pls b:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    True, real friendships can be forged, however, they can be poison easily, dont let your guard down.b:cry

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2010
    Hehehe...good point. I forget who's in whatever Faction...that's how seriously I don't take this game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Darksmiley - Heavens Tear
    Darksmiley - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't take this game too seriously anymore. I charge ZEN when I feel like it, I play when I feel like it, I do BH's, TT's and TW's when I feel like it. And it feels good to have control over how often you play, instead of feeling the need to play, just so you can keep your position in a Faction. If I get kicked out of Tao one day for inactivity...then so be it. The TW's fine, and the pay is whatever...but I just play this game for the stress release of being able to put myself into a fantasy setting the let the stresses of the day out on some Wraiths. And honestly...that makes me the real winner.

Well said my man.. and to think... Caesar booted me for this attitude O.o
    Darksmiley - A.K.A PWI's old ****

A look at my time: Chaosgods-->Lostsoulz-->Titans-->Triad-->(break from pwi)-->Caesar-->(break from pwi)-->Hikary-->Titans -.-
    I don't TW atm b:surrender

Shoulda rolled a PVP server -.-
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    True, real friendships can be forged, however, they can be poison easily, dont let your guard down.b:cry

Oh, come on, I'm not that bad, I don't try to ruin friendships.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Oh, come on, I'm not that bad, I don't try to ruin friendships.

Ummmm....

b:sweat

haha I saw this coming too! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited January 2010
    Well said my man.. and to think... Caesar booted me for this attitude O.o

...damn.

b:shocked

...well, all's well that ends well, right?

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sinsrus
    sinsrus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    The actions of 3 or 5 people don't determine the outcome of 200s actions. Don't count Tao as dead and out yet. That would be silly. There are more people in the faction than those in leader that have knowledge of a TW. Please don't forget that. Remember its on every Tao members application.
    Stealing, lying, cheating. Those are ways to burn bridges, not kill Tao.
    Have a wonderful time in Enrage. They will see you for your true colors soon enough my dear.
    edited January 2010
    sinsrus wrote: »
    The actions of 3 or 5 people don't determine the outcome of 200s actions. Don't count Tao as dead and out yet. That would be silly. There are more people in the faction than those in leader that have knowledge of a TW. Please don't forget that. Remember its on every Tao members application.
    Have a wonderful time in Enrage. They will see you for your true colors soon enough my dear.

While I appreciate the defense of the faction I am currently in, I still have to abide by forum troll rules and say that your opinion means nothing unless you post on your main.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    While I appreciate the defense of the faction I am currently in, I still have to abide by forum troll rules and say that your opinion means nothing unless you post on your main.

Not like we would even know who the hell is main is, even if he/she did post on it.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Not like we would even know who the hell is main is, even if he/she did post on it.

...good point.

I REALLY hope it's not one of the Tao officers.

Can anyone say "Faux Pas to the max"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited January 2010
    sinsrus wrote: »

Don't you love when non-factors bandwagon and act like they know what really happened? b:shutup

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    ...reminds of the people that try and decipher Kennedy's assassin. We all know you did it.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hey now, nonfactors can be cool. You guys need people like Walfreen for a good laugh.
    edited January 2010
    Hey now, nonfactors can be cool. You guys need people like Walfreen for a good laugh.

*points to post count*

...nothing but spam.

Somewhat witty spam, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• xnrieya
    xnrieya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    but... what happened to Edya? Oo ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    xnrieya wrote: »

Perma-banned for anni-pack farming.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chansore - Heavens Tear
    Chansore - Heavens Tear Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited January 2010

Trapped in a mudslide that was triggered by interstellar dinosaurs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of United Lions Liberation Front
    not to be confused with the
    ..Liberators Movement for Lions
    or.....Lions United Front
    or........United Lions Front for Liberation of all Lions

Retired b:bye but still trolllinnnnnn
    edited January 2010

Personal issues. Sorry, but I'd rather not delve into a person's life issues without first obtaining their expressed permission. She does log on every once and again to check on us (and crack the whip, if neccessary).

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Personal issuses? u have her locked up in ur basement and only bring her out when u want a beating b:avoid

on a serious note though TW should be taken as fun but running a guild is like trying to run a family with 150+ kids and u know how kids r if its not their way they get cranky.

and dammint kona i wanted to kill u this weekend ARRRRGGHHHH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I would have no problem with Ese if all she did was leave. Yunahh went to Enrage. So did thehate. I have no problem with that at all. I hold Ese responsible for putting Hoshi into the leadership position of Tao as a way for her and him to get revenge for perceived slights against them at the hands of lypi. She and Hoshi were mad at Lypi and screwed over the other 190 people by purposefully causing chaos and drama within the guild. That is what I hold against her.

+1

And I'm sure just resigning leadership would have been accepted, but... you know what she did instead...
    Trapped in a mudslide that was triggered by interstellar dinosaurs.

THE INTERSTELLAR DINOSAURS STRIKE AGAIN!
    I find it curious that they only go after female guild leaders who own most of the map... b:shocked
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Cause the guy leaders r too ugly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    Personal issuses? u have her locked up in ur basement and only bring her out when u want a beating b:avoid

on a serious note though TW should be taken as fun but running a guild is like trying to run a family with 150+ kids and u know how kids r if its not their way they get cranky.

and dammint kona i wanted to kill u this weekend ARRRRGGHHHH

b:avoid

To your second paragraph, I give a big thumbs-up.

And to your final statement, I say "quit Radiance and join Enrage".

b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    And to your final statement, I say "quit Radiance and join Enrage".

I agree with Konari. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2010
    I agree with Konari. b:chuckle

b:bored

...d...did a Radiance member just agree with me?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.