SINS Shoulf be more pvp effective against HA Classes

crossburn
crossburn Posts: 1 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Assassin
I must say for a class titled assasins i would thought to have a class that can effectively pvp any class despite thier squishyness. I was really disappointed lookin at the skills an not seeing any that will help against HA classes.

Your thoughts....
Post edited by crossburn on

Comments

• Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    they can. sins vs HAs isnt what most ppl think it is. especially when were talking about endgame sins. ive already beaten my share of HA BMs/Barbs. they just take a bit longer to take down is all but a sin can take them down. especially high lvl sins with all there skills maxed out. and who knows how much more power sage/demon form skills will bring and our lvl 79/100 demon/sage skills.

the spike dmg we will be doing from our crits and the constant sparking because of our chi gaining skills we will have a easier time taking down HA then most other LA melee classes do.
  • BrocktheMace - Dreamweaver
    BrocktheMace - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I've come across a major problem that I can't work my head around. Bramble. I have 2.5k hp unbuffed @ lvl 62 on my 'sin... most barbs around my lvl, maybe, 6-7k hp buffed and tiger? It is impossible to kill a brambled barb. You kill yourself before you can kill barb. Your thoughts? Using bleed would do dmg w/out reflecting bleed dmg, but... thats... it. Try it out, you 'sins, go fight a barb who is brambled, and tell barb to go tiger form & do nothing, & watch yourself suicide.
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    We seriously don't get much to kill BMs and Barbs with, we can stun and sleep them and bleed them, but they have ways around that anyway.

I think for these 2 classes, we are going to have to perhaps utilize Genie skills which do magic damage, and combine that with other techniques.

Really we will have to wear them out before we wear ourselves out, I'm only level 45 so I don't have a great deal of Assassin PVP knowledge, but yeah, it doesn't seem to me that we can just appear and **** them like we do with Cleric, Wizard and Psychics.
    I haven't tried killing an Archer yet, I'm assuming if we get the first hit, we would own them though.

But with BMs and Barbs, even with us getting the first move, it's gonna be a long battle.
    edited January 2010
    I've come across a major problem that I can't work my head around. Bramble. I have 2.5k hp unbuffed @ lvl 62 on my 'sin... most barbs around my lvl, maybe, 6-7k hp buffed and tiger? It is impossible to kill a brambled barb. You kill yourself before you can kill barb. Your thoughts? Using bleed would do dmg w/out reflecting bleed dmg, but... thats... it. Try it out, you 'sins, go fight a barb who is brambled, and tell barb to go tiger form & do nothing, & watch yourself suicide.

i heard somewhere that bramble does not work in pvp.
  • Super_Trout - Dreamweaver
    Super_Trout - Dreamweaver Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i heard somewhere that bramble does not work in pvp.

Bramble GUARD works just fine in PvP (returns 60% dmg to attacker)
    Bramble HOOD, A veno's 59 skill (only usable on themselves, dmg reduction + return 200% dmg to attacker) does not...well...the damage reduction does, but not the reflect. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TurismoX - Lost City
    TurismoX - Lost City Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, I just got chased around by a level 50+ BM for ages just now, I had to run for like 5-10 minutes to make it to a safe zone.

What am I supposed to do in that situation asides from take the loss?

My only choice was to run, I knew I wouldn't beat him (higher level, and a BM)..
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    i guess most of u won't agree with me but i think sins are especially made for killing archers. now no offense but archers are strong in pvp. not to mention a demon archer(not unbeatable). so sins with stealth, teleports, running skills, many skills to prevent the target from running. all of that is pretty deadly for archers since most of theier attacks depends on range(except the metal ones). so yeah what i wanna say is that maybe we weren't amde to eb the ultimate killer class who owns everyone(tho many want to). as well as psy(tho here i'm completly unsure) are good against wizziz. of course u could beat every other class with urs if u have enough exp and skill but we are somehow specified. barbs and bms won't run anyway so teleport and such is useless. psys and wizzis could but even if we get close we get the full mag dmg from them and they have a lot of debuffs so no worries from their side. clerics.....too many buffs and debuffs. so they won't have to worry either. the only class which is handicaped in close combat is archer......correct me if i'm wrong. the only class i know really good is archer. all others are cloudy to me.
  • Camerlengo - Dreamweaver
    Camerlengo - Dreamweaver Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Shadow Teleport>Tackling Slash>Puncture Wound>Extreme poison>Thunderstorm>????>profit
    Full power to the Vagiroscope!
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Shadow Teleport>Tackling Slash>Puncture Wound>Extreme poison>Thunderstorm>????>profit

Not really. For one, if you have enough VIT to use EP and TS, you don't have enough DEX for it to do any significant damage. Second, as soon as the 3 seconds are up after you teleport, you'll get stunned. And lastly, bleeding won't do **** to HA.

I was surprised that sins don't have any magic based attacks as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • Shade - Raging Tide
    Shade - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Sins just are not built to take on HA people, that's all there is to it, however that doesn't mean you can't kill them. Apparently genie skills are great for taking out people, though I haven't played around with any attack genie skills so I dunno. If you don't have genie skills or a friend to help you, I suggest you avoid HA people, especially BMs (damn stun lock), and make sure to get shadow escape for when you can't avoid them (assuming your total stealth level is above their level). But besides heavies, have fun slaughtering the squishies, at least until they get to the the point where they consider it worthwhile to shard and refine their gear, then it'll be more interesting ^^
  • Death_Tide - Heavens Tear
    Death_Tide - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Before we make any other judgments, we should wait until their 79/Demon/Sage skills come out first. Who knows that we may end up with skills that will make it easier for us to take down HA users
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Assassins have always been a robe killer, and always play especially well in PvP. However, against Heavy Armor, its always been there disadvantage.

The thing is when fighting against one, you have to rely on speed, such as keep nthem stunned, and bleeding, and keeping distance because standing head to head with blademaster is gonna be a good fight, but you will lose.
    Standing head to head against a barb, well they will just laugh at you.

Like I said, keep your distance and keep them bleeding, all in all they will always be are challenge, if yo dont like it reroll wizard/psychic, then complain about how sins pwn you.

Khxbai.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's called Wolf Emblem, demon Triple Spark and -interval gear. Combine with tangling mire and maze steps/tidal protection. I've killed 7x BMs with my 6x Assassin, Sleep - Wolf Emblem - double spark - Tangling Mire - Tackling Slash - melee. Both uncharmed, he died before I did. Charms will make it harder obviously, but I don't really bother fighting charmed higher levels right now since I don't have one myself. Never been attacked by an equal or lower level BM either.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Slnnz - Harshlands
    Slnnz - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Maybe we'll just have to settle for being able to easily kill 6 of the 8 classes..? Personally I have no problem avoiding barbs and BM's if I can kill all the other classes.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    chill of the deep>wolf emblem> highest spark you have>tele stun > 1.5 spark skill> amp > bramble rage > hope it crits > folow with hard hitting skills alternatind with stuns seals and hope for lucky crits honestly if BR didnt kill your probobly screwed so once lock ends if still alive force stealth and run like hell

the closer you do this to 50% hp the better your chances of a kill

that said vit axe bm's have been using a varient of this combo for a while now as their only possibal way to kill heavies its resonably effective but even if the bm alter physed dont count on BR for more than 3k damage w/o a crit

but with a crit (assuming wolf emblem actually increases geni damage to) will be near insta death for badly geared oponents and will probobly hurt the hell out of anything else
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited January 2010

headhunt > inner harmony > power dash > RDS > tackling > amp > thunderstorm/bramble rage

would work better lol
    Assassins have always been a robe killer, and always play especially well in PvP. However, against Heavy Armor, its always been there disadvantage.

The thing is when fighting against one, you have to rely on speed, such as keep nthem stunned, and bleeding, and keeping distance because standing head to head with blademaster is gonna be a good fight, but you will lose.
    Standing head to head against a barb, well they will just laugh at you.

Like I said, keep your distance and keep them bleeding, all in all they will always be are challenge, if yo dont like it reroll wizard/psychic, then complain about how sins pwn you.

Khxbai.

yes lets run from bms when they have more ranged skills than we do
    oh and of course we should run from barbs and let there charm cool down

and yeah bleed on HA does so much damage, i mean our 1 bleed skill defiantly out damages a bms ranged skills and the barbs 49 ranged skill
    and that isn't even counting the skills they'll hit us with when we move in to bleed them

man were do you come up with such amazing tactics for pvp b:shocked
  • BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear
    BIackTyphoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    ^this. u won't eb able to run from a bm.....or maybe u didn'T know that they as well haev stuns and a speed increase skill. yeah they can'T spam it but can't eiher. running from a barb is pointless, too sicne we wanna have him dead and if we run around he obviously won't lol, hp reg. will help there. bleed does almost nothing to HA(repeating this fact..oh and don'T forget genie skills, i don't have to explain that). so either u get close and pray u get many crit or u dig ur own grave(tho my assuption is based on what i've seen so far from my sin and what i know about barbs and bms, maybe we'll get some good demon skills in teh future so who knows how it'll be in higher lvls. i certainly look forward to it and even if it seems impossible i wanna beat bms and barbs my lvl later on. for me it'll be a good acomplishment so i'm working towards it^^)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Regardless of how stupid he is, these statements are pretty bad... in a lot of situations you have nothing to lose if you decide to use maze steps or something similar to get the hell away from a BM/barb that just used some kind of spark, Tree of Protection (Hi perdition) or something like heaven's flame. There's situations for everything. It's absolutely pointless to sit there and try tanking a barb that just used solid shield, or a pvp pot, or god knows what else.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Regardless of how stupid he is, these statements are pretty bad... in a lot of situations you have nothing to lose if you decide to use maze steps or something similar to get the hell away from a BM/barb that just used some kind of spark, Tree of Protection (Hi perdition) or something like heaven's flame. There's situations for everything. It's absolutely pointless to sit there and try tanking a barb that just used solid shield, or a pvp pot, or god knows what else.

yeahs but if you run away your no longer trying to kill the opponent, he said you should keep your distance and use bleed to kill them

i understand running when you have to run but keeping your distance while you try to kill a barb/bm with bleed is pretty dam stupid lol
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010

and yeah bleed on HA does so much damage, i mean our 1 bleed skill defiantly out damages a bms ranged skills and the barbs 49 ranged skill
    and that isn't even counting the skills they'll hit us with when we move in to bleed them

man were do you come up with such amazing tactics for pvp b:shocked

Its how you play an Assassin, you move around, jump invis, not stand there.
    Let me see you stand face to face with Barb/BM same gear and same level, and watch them both win easily, you dumb prick. Go reroll another class.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Its how you play an Assassin, you move around, jump invis, not stand there.
    Let me see you stand face to face with Barb/BM same gear and same level, and watch them both win easily, you dumb prick. Go reroll another class.

lmfao you seriously have no idea how to play a sin

oh look a bm i'll puncture it then i'll cast force stealth and jump around while invisible and keep moving around o=

hmmmm why can't i get past this barbs charm >=[

maybe i should move around more, yeah that will bypass his charm i'll keep jumping around while he is bleeding from puncture

oh **** i'm losing i better stealth...wait **** i used my force stealth at the start while the barb was bleeding D:

i know i'll sleep him and RUN AWAY!!
    but wait no barbs are heavy armor and i'm morty i can only run away from LA
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    Poizon - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Morty's right though like the last game I played '[removed]' i was Assassin, And when it came to Knights or Paladins, you couldn't stand there and fight face to face yeah we have lot of evasion but it don't really help for high level PvP.

But by using skills that do damage over time, then stun them, after the stun is up you've done dmg without being hit, then you can run or go invis and repeat and by then they would be at half HP or so, then you can maybe choose to fight face to face if you feel the situation is right you know.

The 1 problem is, is with Charms, but if thats the case, then that little tactic won't work as good, it wil still work fine, better than just fighting head to head because that way you can't rely on evasion, nor your skill power, but either way, heavy Armor has always been are disadvantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited January 2010
    lmfao you seriously have no idea how to play a sin

Lol that just made my day, thanks for the laugh.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Morty's right though like the last game I played '[removed]' i was Assassin, And when it came to Knights or Paladins, you couldn't stand there and fight face to face yeah we have lot of evasion but it don't really help for high level PvP.

But by using skills that do damage over time, then stun them, after the stun is up you've done dmg without being hit, then you can run or go invis and repeat and by then they would be at half HP or so, then you can maybe choose to fight face to face if you feel the situation is right you know.

The 1 problem is, is with Charms, but if thats the case, then that little tactic won't work as good, it wil still work fine, better than just fighting head to head because that way you can't rely on evasion, nor your skill power, but either way, heavy Armor has always been are disadvantage.

hey here's a massive shock, this isn't another game, it's perfect world
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    hey here's a massive shock, this isn't another game, it's perfect world

Assassins are assassins. They work the same in both games. They both have same type skills, and same gameplay, I mean yeah its a different game but I was just giving you an example, as it seems you just make assumptions all the time, why not give me your example of how fighting face to face with a heavy amror class when you have lower def, hp and maybe attack, is better than hitting and running?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Assassins are assassins. They work the same in both games. They both have same type skills, and same gameplay, I mean yeah its a different game but I was just giving you an example, as it seems you just make assumptions all the time, why not give me your example of how fighting face to face with a heavy amror class when you have lower def, hp and maybe attack, is better than hitting and running?

either you go all out and try to kill them before they kill you
    or you run away from them

trying to hit and run them won't kill them lmfao
    and will prob end by you getting one shot by a zerk crit
  • Poizon - Harshlands
    edited January 2010
    either you go all out and try to kill them before they kill you
    Yes but as stated before, and its general knowledge to know an Assassin is not a tank, this won't work more than half the time.

or you run away from them
    But wasn't you just crying about Morty being wrong?

trying to hit and run them won't kill them lmfao
    Why wouldn't it? Your faster than Blades/Barbs so why not use speed to your advantage as thats all you have got against them?

and will prob end by you getting one shot by a zerk crit
    once again, your making assumptions...

I think your mad right now lol, or maybe you actually don't know how to play..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Or You Run Away From Them
    but Wasn't You Just Crying About Morty Being Wrong?

morty's Suggestion, As Luska Interpreted And Complained About, Was To Not Run In Mid-battle... He Is Suggesting You Avoid The Fight Altogether...

Trying To Hit And Run Them Won't Kill Them Lmfao
    why Wouldn't It? Your Faster Than Blades/barbs So Why Not Use Speed To Your Advantage As Thats All You Have Got Against Them?....one Word.... Charms..

4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    I think your mad right now lol, or maybe you actually don't know how to play..

yeah sorry i don't know how play sin =[
    i not as good as sin god morty

i must learn to run away from LA mid fight so i can rebuff after i sleep them
    and use puncture wound on HA and hit and run but then wonder why i can't pass his charm
    oh and i must never use genies

btw as for being faster, most serious pvp happens in the air and end game nearly every one is the same speed while flying
    edited January 2010
    i noticed that one of the TT daggers has + 2.00 range as a bonus making the total range of daggers 4.50. that will also increase the range on our range skills like tackling and puncture and some of the 59 skills to 6.5meters. this will alow us to easily atk outside of melee range of BMs/barbs and stay in our own range. and with tackling slash we should have no problem with that. it will limit barbs/BMs to using there ranged skills which can be avoided most of the time with focus mind. so we can very well keep our distance and limit them in there atks to only ranged atks.

of course this is only a theory and might not work out that well at all. not to mention that u have to be lvl 99 to wear those daggers anyway and not many sins will get to lvl 99 lol. but its food for thought.

also its amzing how many ppl think they know how to play a sin on PWI just cuz they played a sin on another game =/. its blantantly obvious that u cant kite a barb with a freaking melee char ffs -_- honestly where do ppl come up with this ****?