Only the Snowman featured this year! Living Snowmen NOT ingame!

Options

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Damn right. You gotta just sit down and take it, mebbe pour a little more money into the devs pockets, and smile and thank them for every new bug we get regularly ever week, and meh, just shrug off the lies and empty promises, it's all good. Not like a lot of us are paying customers or something. Expecting quality and something in return for your cash is just being ridiculous.

Oh wait... b:surrender

Like Button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Neurosis - Heavens Tear
    Neurosis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    My father would beat me if he found out I was QQ'ing over the lack of contents in a virtual Christmas event.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sorry but we Mods had virtually no idea ourselfs and waited all this time to get ahold of someone who would know. b:surrender
    And they did not even had the guts to show their face themselves and they sent you, a volunteer mod to face the fire.

GG PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Secondly can a GM tell us why we dont have most of the stuff from last year.

I guess they have no idea which previous patch broke those quests to begin with. (should you be remembered that it took them one month to fix a room in the cube of fate that they did knew what bugged it?)

And as long as people continue to feed them their money, why should they care to fix anything anyway?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bladespelll - Heavens Tear
    Bladespelll - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok let me ask you something, have any of you all sat down and thought about how hard it is to make a game like this? It takes months of hard work and dedication just to get it running. not only that but it costs tons of money to do, and they also have to worry about if people play it or not. now if you all can tell me one game that has never had a glitch or bug in it, i will gladly accept that game as one. And as already stated nobody in PWI has any control over what China makes for us. Each patch that comes out is made in China based on what they have received from all of the players wants. If any of you have children then you know how hard it is to please all of them, and this is no different. Call me an idiot or anything else but i won't stand for all of you bashing people who work hard just to make a game that you play more fun. If you can make one comment about this post that is actually true hard fact i will gladly accept it, but until then my belief that these are just people that are trying to make a game better, and that they work hard to do such, will be firm. Thank you for your time.
    With His Armor(Ephesians 6:13), I go into battle.
    edited December 2009
    Options
    now if you all can tell me one game that has never had a glitch or bug in it, i will gladly accept that game as one.

The main problem is not that there are bugs in the game, it's that either they are never fixed (Forrest ruins and monthly races are bugged and closed down since 2 years) or they are fixed in an unreasonnable time (1 month to fix one bug they already know the source... comon...)
    And as already stated nobody in PWI has any control over what China makes for us.

That remains to be proven. PWI is a subsidiary of PW China, and thus must have good connexion with them. They may have much more control than you think, or wants to let you think.

If you can make one comment about this post that is actually true hard fact i will gladly accept it

None of what you wrote is true hard facts either.
    but until then my belief that these are just people that are trying to make a game better, and that they work hard to do such, will be firm.

Your belief, not mine. Now unless you have any actual hard facts to sustain your sayings, your opinion don't matter much than anyone else b:chuckle

What I know is that I've been playing this game since day one. And that I've seen it starting as an excellent game well managed to become today a good game badly managed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    After watching peoples reactions at this "Should not even be here" mini event i will be veeeery surprised <assuming that i still be here> if in next year PWi will see any kind of holliday event at all.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    ok let me ask you something, have any of you all sat down and thought about how hard it is to make a game like this? It takes months of hard work and dedication just to get it running. not only that but it costs tons of money to do, and they also have to worry about if people play it or not. now if you all can tell me one game that has never had a glitch or bug in it, i will gladly accept that game as one. And as already stated nobody in PWI has any control over what China makes for us. Each patch that comes out is made in China based on what they have received from all of the players wants. If any of you have children then you know how hard it is to please all of them, and this is no different. Call me an idiot or anything else but i won't stand for all of you bashing people who work hard just to make a game that you play more fun. If you can make one comment about this post that is actually true hard fact i will gladly accept it, but until then my belief that these are just people that are trying to make a game better, and that they work hard to do such, will be firm. Thank you for your time.

Could you be any more clueless? Why don't your try checking out this website: http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html
    and maybe if you are not too lazy, you will actually read and learn something. Perfect World has been out for 3 years (Perfect World II, the one we have), and has many branches all over the world. Each of these branches receive the same things, but since we are actually a branch off of the main company we have a better chance of receiving even more than anyone else. (the rest are companys that have bought licenses to host perfect world) Now, if you go and check any other version of Perfect World websites, you will notice they all had christmas events with even newer things than last year. So why didn't we? It is completely 100% PWE's fault for slacking. And no, PWE does NOT work hard, at least I can't see them doing anything else but creating sales and cash shop "events." I have stated all the "true hard facts," and you have stated nothing, you know nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i saw santa today b:cute bought 30 santa orbs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I wonder if we can make a topic talking, and showing what we missed out on. Maybe if we showed everyone what they missed out on, the community would really lose their temper and force the GMs/Devs to give us this Xmas event. I checked out the other PW sites, and it made me miss how much fun PWI use to be with the updates. Anyway I really think we should show everyone what PWI missed out on.b:surrender
  • Dydrial - Sanctuary
    Dydrial - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Could you be any more clueless? Why don't your try checking out this website: http://www.pwrd.com/html/en/index.html
    and maybe if you are not too lazy, you will actually read and learn something. Perfect World has been out for 3 years (Perfect World II, the one we have), and has many branches all over the world. Each of these branches receive the same things, but since we are actually a branch off of the main company we have a better chance of receiving even more than anyone else. (the rest are companys that have bought licenses to host perfect world) Now, if you go and check any other version of Perfect World websites, you will notice they all had christmas events with even newer things than last year. So why didn't we? It is completely 100% PWE's fault for slacking. And no, PWE does NOT work hard, at least I can't see them doing anything else but creating sales and cash shop "events." I have stated all the "true hard facts," and you have stated nothing, you know nothing.

Huge QFT. I was happy to come home from RL Christmas events which were mostly bleh to find snowmen, but seeing the incomplete event has once again reinforced my feelings that they simply do not care about their players. You cannot tell me that they couldn't have duplicated last year's event entirely at the very least, with working NPCs and drops that might give us something really neat. We QQ'd strongly about snowmen, which they seemed to give in to at the last minute. But they half-assed it and gave us ONLY snowmen and quests that could never be completed, on top of us apparently missing out on new Christmas content the other versions received.

Way to fail, PWI.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Maybe, and now don't get your hopes up, they will give a new years event...
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyhealing - Heavens Tear
    Skyhealing - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    a new year event ?
    isn't it the End of the Year sale and snowmens the event ? b:chuckle
  • jsnoopy
    jsnoopy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

Jesus, they just came out with an expansion like a week or two ago and your complaining that they haven't been doing anything? And your acting like a righteous **** that knows everything? Wow dude, grow up.
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    jsnoopy wrote: »
    Jesus, they just came out with an expansion like a week or two ago and your complaining that they haven't been doing anything? And your acting like a righteous **** that knows everything? Wow dude, grow up.

The reason Im complaining is that, all the other versions got both the expansion and a event, while we only get half of what they got. With it being a year after the first Xmas event there would have been new/more stuff for us to do this year. Christmas is on the same day every year, so the GMs should have been ready for it. Its kinda like your own parents forgetting your own birthday, while they celebrate every other birthday important to them.

I have no problem if they decided to take their time and give us the full event after New years in January. Better 1 month late then never.
  • Bladespelll - Heavens Tear
    Bladespelll - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The reason Im complaining is that, all the other versions got both the expansion and a event, while we only get half of what they got. With it being a year after the first Xmas event there would have been new/more stuff for us to do this year. Christmas is on the same day every year, so the GMs should have been ready for it. Its kinda like your own parents forgetting your own birthday, while they celebrate every other birthday important to your them.

I have no problem if they decided to take their time and give us the full event after New years in January. Better 1 month late then never.

Now that i agree with. Forgive me i misunderstood what you all meant before. After seeing what was happening i thought of my old game and thought that it was gonna happen here. I admit that things have been happening that are eh less then nice, but if we don't like it can't we just leave? I won't but if anyone hates it that much just leave and let us think how we want to.
    With His Armor(Ephesians 6:13), I go into battle.
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

You hide behind an alt, and then toss out words like righteous? The expansion was NOT for us, it was for them. Trying to entice their veteran players to stay with more content. Also trying to entice new players since so many old ones have left. That expansion was in no way for the "players". It was effort put forth by this company to not lose anymore players than they already have.

That said. I'd have rather they waited another month or two on tideborn and given us a nice decent Christmas event. I am not the only one. Using words like the one you used after the world righteous, makes me think that YOU are the one with some growing up to do.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options

I love your language. Very mature. Anyways, you are yet another person who thinks they know everything, but fails to actually do any research at all. Must I state AGAIN that PWE does NOT DEVELOP ANYTHING that goes into the game, all they do is simply implement it. Everything comes from the main Chinese company. So nice fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The reason Im complaining is that, all the other versions got both the expansion and a event

other versions havent got expansion only pw-cn and pwi =)
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    eternalnab wrote: »
    other versions havent got expansion only pw-cn and pwi =)

nope. all other versions have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Neurosis - Heavens Tear
    Neurosis - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I can name at least one that doesn't have snowman event OR the Rising Tide expansion.

I'm pretty sure none of the other versions have RT expansion except the CN one.
  • LadyKirah - Heavens Tear
    LadyKirah - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings everyone,

The reason why there was not a "full fledged" Christmas event this year is primarily due to the recent release of the Rising Tide expansion.

As something of a consolation, we thought our players would at least appreciate some snow as well as snowmen.

We assure you that there are some seasonal as well as other in-game events that are currently scheduled and slated to appear in the near future.

We hope everyone has a great holiday, and I assure you that 2010 is going to be an amazing year for PWI players. :)

Um... and what about the quests?
    Perhaps some people should recive small "holliday vacations" from game to cool down a little?

I am too think that after expansion PWi staff WAS NOT obligated to give us ANYTHING AT ALL when comes to this event... but of course even when someone turn on snow and snowmans giving us some free fuel for genies and flyers, some celestones... that fact was not in off to stop QQers.

And about PWi moneys... gouys do you really think that Chinese dves gives us patches for free?
    They have as well programing staff which MUST BE payd off and moneys for thier salary comes from publishers payments for patches and expansions.
    In other words, some income from sales remain as PWi staff salary, <i think> bigger part goes to devs as payment for patches and honestly i rather want to see MMO company at the green when comes to income bcause this will gives some sort of guarantee that staff will be able to maintain servers as struggling whit each dollar and risk that one day when i will try to log in i will see notice "Due our financial problems we are unable to continue provide our services and because of this we have no other choice as commencing shut down of all our servers".

PWI (just like any other game) is obliged to give us events if they want us to play their game. Mindless grininding makes you bored faster. You get bored, you go to another game.
    Alot of you are saying they have done a great job at making this game and making expansions and what not, but what you do not understand is that the company PWE does not do any of this. All game content comes from the main Perfect World company in China (PWRD). All the employees of Perfect World Entertainment do is implement these things; which they do without any consideration to the playerbase I might add. The timing of the Rising tide expansion was strange to me, but there is no excuse for them not implementing the Christmas Event again, since every other version of perfect world some how had both. I can't find hardly anything to give credit to our GMs for, besides the horrible sales and cash shop "events." Also, I would not be the least bit surprised if they had everything they needed to fix some of the bugs in the game, but are too lazy to do so. Our Gms and the employees of PWE have become corrupt with money, their goal is to get more and more money, with little to no worry about what the players, their costumers, think or want.

EDIT: Thank you Chinese company for an awesome game.

But PW MS doesn't have Raging Tide expansion./ And no Snowmen this year, too. They had special Anti-Christmas events.

I can see that no matter which PW version I play the problems are roughl;y the same. I start to wonder if all the PW staff was indoctrinated by the same guy :P
  • Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear
    Ardaanaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @LadyKirah.
    No, they are not obligate to give us anything, heck they do not even have any obligations to giving us right now expansion.
    They could wait another half or full year whit Tideborn or not implementing them at all.

After reading this thread i see one thing, people acting like kids which instead of expecting brand new PS3 get new pair of socks and now throw thier tantrums how bad are GMs because they do not give them what they want.
    I see as well that starting this mini event was a huge mistake because he brings reverse effects as was anticipated.

I want to remind once again that last month staff DID told us that because of expansion we will NOT GET Christmas event in this year... but when someone in staff did despite all those informations turn snowmans ON how many of you did actually say Thank You for this?

To end i want to say one thing... before you call oter people greedy please... look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have legitimacy to do such.
  • Lishandian - Heavens Tear
    Lishandian - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, but with the Boutique prices, this game is far from 'free'. They get plenty of income if the gold sales and catshops are anything to go by, so don't feel too bad for them.

Ah! I do apologize with what I mean is free. Technically this game is free since they don't charge me to pay per hour, month or year just so I can log on to play. Buying stuff from the boutique is an option, not a have to nor an obligation. If one don't want anything from the boutique and is satisfied with what they have than it's a free game. Though I think if one truly want to make a difference than hopefully someone have a lot of money to buy the company than implement anything they want.
  • eternalnab
    eternalnab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

uhm nope..ex MY-EN and PW-MS dont have TB class yet =)
  • dieseasily
    dieseasily Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ah! I do apologize with what I mean is free. Technically this game is free since they don't charge me to pay per hour, month or year just so I can log on to play. Buying stuff from the boutique is an option, not a have to nor an obligation. If one don't want anything from the boutique and is satisfied with what they have than it's a free game. Though I think if one truly want to make a difference than hopefully someone have a lot of money to buy the company than implement anything they want.

Just to expand on this comment a little. Even if you do want something from the cash shop you have the option to Go to the auction house and buy gold that other people spent their money on. I have purchased nearly $400 worth of stuff from the cash shop and I have only spent $30 of my own money doing this. It takes a little more work to do, but it is an option, making this game more "Free" then most.
    Dumb people are blissfully unaware of how dumb they really are. - Patrick Starfish
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @LadyKirah.
    No, they are not obligate to give us anything, heck they do not even have any obligations to giving us right now expansion.
    They could wait another half or full year whit Tideborn or not implementing them at all.

After reading this thread i see one thing, people acting like kids which instead of expecting brand new PS3 get new pair of socks and now throw thier tantrums how bad are GMs because they do not give them what they want.
    I see as well that starting this mini event was a huge mistake because he brings reverse effects as was anticipated.

I want to remind once again that last month staff DID told us that because of expansion we will NOT GET Christmas event in this year... but when someone in staff did despite all those informations turn snowmans ON how many of you did actually say Thank You for this?

To end i want to say one thing... before you call oter people greedy please... look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have legitimacy to do such.

The reason Im complaining so much is because I'd hate to see this game fail completely. Im trying to push the GMs into doing better instead of setting their standards lower and lower. I think almost everyone in PWI was expecting PWI to celebrate Xmas, and for those who have been here since last year its a bigger let down for us. At the very least with all this complaining, the GMs might think about this next year, and try to avoid the same mistake.

Anyway a lack of Xmas event just really sets a bad image, and Im hoping they make it up by properly giving us a full Xmas event when they get back.
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Noooooo I spent 7k teleporting back and forth talking to the elders b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @LadyKirah.
    They could wait another half or full year with Tideborn or not implementing them at all.

To end i want to say one thing... before you call other people greedy please... look in the mirror and ask yourself if you have legitimacy to do such.

^This
    The reason Im complaining so much is because I'd hate to see this game fail completely. Im trying to push the GMs into doing better instead of setting their standards lower and lower. I think almost everyone in PWI was expecting PWI to celebrate Xmas, and for those who have been here since last year its a bigger let down for us. At the very least with all this complaining, the GMs might think about this next year, and try to avoid the same mistake.

Anyway a lack of Xmas event just really sets a bad image, and Im hoping they make it up by properly giving us a full Xmas event when they get back.
    I am sure that GMs want the players to enjoy the game to the max.
    However without proper tool, GMs can't do anything.
    If the developers don't make the snowmen event fully functional, neither can GM -- yet, I still believe that the developers had worked very hard to make the Tideborn expansion work as smooth as possible, which gave them very little time to prepare the Christmas event.

By the way, thank you PWI and GMs for your hard work to bring the snowmen back from the North Pole. b:pleased
    Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year! b:victory
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    @LadyKirah.

You are right, lets all go anti cash shop, play the game for free and see how long it stays "free to play". Point blank, they want players to keep playing they need to do what it takes (within reason) to make the player base happy.

As someone else stated, for those of us who was here last year, this is all a big let down. As we know how great this game CAN be. And we know WHAT we are missing out on.

You are right, as I said to the prior post, lets all go free to play and go anti cash shop. I bet you their obligations then change, and so will yours when the game you LIKE to play for free is no longer free. Really, ...
    ^This

I am sure that GMs want the players to enjoy the game to the max.
    However without proper tool, GMs can't do anything.
    If the developers don't make the snowmen event fully functional, neither can GM -- yet, I still believe that the developers had worked very hard to make the Tideborn expansion work as smooth as possible, which gave them very little time to prepare the Christmas event.

By the way, thank you PWI and GMs for your hard work to bring the snowmen back from the North Pole. b:pleased
    Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year! b:victory

Everyone gripes at the GM's, but honestly they are just public relations and damage control. They are the pawns in this chess game tossed out to take all the damage meanwhile protecting the (king (game owner/devs)from having to deal with us all. I've said it before and will say it again, tideborn is not/was NOT for us. It was for them to get back players they've lost and entice new ones to join.

The GM's are appreciated. I feel for them as they I know feel helpless as to not be able to change things they know would make a huge difference.

But ppl need to keep in mind, these forums are OUR voice. No 1 ever got change by sitting there and being silent and watching things happen. Change always happens b/c someone stands up and says something and tries to get something done. If you are satisfied with the substandard events or lack thereof and everything else, then sit by and watch. But don't gripe about the rest of us who want this game back to what we know it can be. A year ago this was the BEST game on the internet. F2P OR P2P.. I just want that back.
This discussion has been closed.