Patch failed to install

Options
Elstraya - Heavens Tear
Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Support Desk
Hi,

On two separate machines the latest patch failed to load for me.
I completely uninstalled and re-installed on one machine and now it's fine.
Started re-installing on another box now.

I tried both manual patch and automatic patch (Patch 574-580)

Manual patch gives the error:

Update files corrupted

Automatic patch gets to elements kill.dll then gives the error:

While download appear error
Auto retry in 10 seconds

Am I alone in this?

Cya
Post edited by Elstraya - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I've got that too. Can't complete the download, nor can I verify my own files until the download is complete.

Wat do
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hi,

On two separate machines the latest patch failed to load for me.
    I completely uninstalled and re-installed on one machine and now it's fine.
    Started re-installing on another box now.

I tried both manual patch and automatic patch (Patch 574-580)

Manual patch gives the error:

Update files corrupted

Automatic patch gets to elements kill.dll then gives the error:

While download appear error
    Auto retry in 10 seconds

Am I alone in this?

Cya

Have you tried verify?

Another alternative is that if you have an up to date installation you can manually copy over the file that the patching is getting stuck at.

I have had this problem before and is one reason previously i'd preferred downloading the whole manual patch and then apply rather than using the patcher.

Having said that, the patcher of late has been pretty reliable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Fuzzy has also found, as said, that the patcher has been quite reliable.

As always, the first thing to try is to verify. If that fails, the more information you can post other than "it simply isn't working" will always be helpful to solve the issue.

For now the panada is placing this thread in the tech-support section in the hopes you will receive the needed help there.

-moved-
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Try manual patch 515-580... It worked for me... Some previous patches between the versions might've gone corrupt... Doesn't matter that you have version 574... It will just re-update everything from patch 515... Let me know if it also works for you ok.. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy has also found, as said, that the patcher has been quite reliable.

As always, the first thing to try is to verify. If that fails, the more information you can post other than "it simply isn't working" will always be helpful to solve the issue.

For now the panada is placing this thread in the tech-support section in the hopes you will receive the needed help there.

-moved-

I did supply the error messages and numbers of the patch I was applying so it was a little more than "it simply isn't working".

Anyway, I have uninstalled and am reinstalling from scratch...that worked on my laptop so hopefully it will work on this desktop too...just takes an age.
  • oblivion79
    oblivion79 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Having the same issue once the update gets to elementalskill.dll it refuses to continue. So real question is what do we do to get past it? Manually replacing files is something I'd rather not mess with and if starting from scratch is the only option I'll simply delete the game and not play anymore. b:angry
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oblivion79 wrote: »
    Having the same issue once the update gets to elementalskill.dll it refuses to continue. So real question is what do we do to get past it? Manually replacing files is something I'd rather not mess with and if starting from scratch is the only option I'll simply delete the game and not play anymore. b:angry

It's not messing with... Like I just said... Download the big patch (515-580) double-click it and let it work... It basicly just re-updates the previous updates and probably also the file causing the error... I was getting the same error this morning but then I tried this patch and I had no more problems... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • oblivion79
    oblivion79 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's not messing with... Like I just said... Download the big patch (515-580) double-click it and let it work... It basicly just re-updates the previous updates and probably also the file causing the error... I was getting the same error this morning but then I tried this patch and I had no more problems... b:cute

Hopefully this will fix the issue! Thanks I was under the impression I was going to manually have to d/l the files and go into the game folder and paste over them. Never went really well before for me so very hesitant to do nowb :laugh. Thanks for the link much appreciated!
    edited November 2011
    Options
    oblivion79 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will fix the issue! Thanks I was under the impression I was going to manually have to d/l the files and go into the game folder and paste over them. Never went really well before for me so very hesitant to do nowb :laugh. Thanks for the link much appreciated!

You're welcome... I hope it works for you as well... Let me know ok... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinlessmushrum
    sinlessmushrum Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    simple reset got rid of that error b:victory gl