The Return of Anniversary Pack Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You and almost everyone in this thread seem to forget one major point, PWE IS a company. PWE NEEDS to make profits. If this was absolutely free who is paying for all the people who work for the company?

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, CASH SHOPPERS KEEP THE COMPANY RUNNING. You aren't forced to BUY the gold from the auction hall just like you aren't FORCED to buy anything from the Boutique.

I do also understand everyone needs a place to vent, so please do commence b:laugh

Never said they didn't need the money did I? I'm not saying they aren't a company, I was merely pointing out that the people who pay the most, often are the ones controlling in game prices, thus driving most of the free to play people off. I admit I have spent money on this game, however I'm not like those that seem to have unlimited funds. I >know< that people who pay real money in this game keep it going.

Or did you not think someone capable of that line of thought?

Regardless, what is the need for anniversary packs once more? We have all of the other packs, which give relatively the same drops +/- some things here and there.

But, eh, if you want me to vent, you'd be the one I blame for me getting banned xD So I'll just keep the rest of my anger to myself as it will do me no good here. And funny you quoted me of all people, since most people say worse than I did.

I could care less what the high cash shoppers have compared to me. I'll earn my gear and everything I want now, since I no longer will be paying with real life money. That's >my< choice and yes I'm happy people can be paying customers.

The whole "QQ" of my post was because the cash shoppers do think they are better simply because they have more money with which to get them the best stuff. I'm glad pw can reward those of more money than I care to spend on a game like this. But please, at least keep some things down for those that do play without paying. (As someone earlier mentioned, of which I agree completely).

So for those paying for anni packs and gold, thanks for helping keep it free to play, however do us all a favor this time, don't get so greedy... oh wait... that's just about impossible. *Shrugs* oh well, I'll enjoy playing for free and giving >some< thanks to those that pay. For the others that like to rub it in our faces... I happily ignore you.
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I personally think these packs are downright outrageous. I am no new player, but I do feel very bad for any new player who decided to start playing.

The way this is shaping out makes it nearly impossible for new players to get anywhere without spending RL money.

This is the kind of thing that ruins games.

Wow, I didn't know buying packs can make it nearly impossible for someone to get anywhere! Wow... I just have it easier because I sale gold. You can still get anywhere I can but at a slower rate until you start to learn how to buy and sale in the market.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Laughing my **** off, when I saw it :D

Immediately came here to check if ppl started complaining yet...OOOOH YES.
    Hahahaha funny as hell.

I think they're challenging us tho :P. On the one hand they want us to be "fans" and on the other hand, they bring back AP. Hilarious.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Actually, I am one of them who has said "you're welcome" because if we didn't exist you would be playing another game. This one actually has better customer service compared to other free mmo's. But yes, cash shoppers support this game so items do come easier to us because it's less expensive for us to obtain them. Several hours to earn a few hundred K vs 1 hour work from a "real life job" to earn a few mil to purchase the items we desire.

Before you say that people who buy gold are the ones who support the game too, remember... if we didn't buy it you wouldn't have it to buy with your in game coin. You do support it by feeding my coin habbit.

Again, thinking you're better than the rest & expecting a thanks. I only say thanks to people who deserve it.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i would say something here in anger.. but after the last packs.. i'm fresh out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brutally - Lost City
    Brutally - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I like anniversary packs.

b:shutupb:shutupb:shutup
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Again, thinking you're better than the rest & expecting a thanks. I only say thanks to people who deserve it.

No, I never once said I am better. I just directly feed money to Perfect World Entertainment and assist in keeping them employed and this game running for you so you don't have to pay for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kikirani
    kikirani Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Never said they didn't need the money did I? I'm not saying they aren't a company, I was merely pointing out that the people who pay the most, often are the ones controlling in game prices, thus driving most of the free to play people off. I admit I have spent money on this game, however I'm not like those that seem to have unlimited funds. I >know< that people who pay real money in this game keep it going.

Or did you not think someone capable of that line of thought?

Regardless, what is the need for anniversary packs once more? We have all of the other packs, which give relatively the same drops +/- some things here and there.

But, eh, if you want me to vent, you'd be the one I blame for me getting banned xD So I'll just keep the rest of my anger to myself as it will do me no good here. And funny you quoted me of all people, since most people say worse than I did.

I could care less what the high cash shoppers have compared to me. I'll earn my gear and everything I want now, since I no longer will be paying with real life money. That's >my< choice and yes I'm happy people can be paying customers.

The whole "QQ" of my post was because the cash shoppers do think they are better simply because they have more money with which to get them the best stuff. I'm glad pw can reward those of more money than I care to spend on a game like this. But please, at least keep some things down for those that do play without paying. (As someone earlier mentioned, of which I agree completely).

So for those paying for anni packs and gold, thanks for helping keep it free to play, however do us all a favor this time, don't get so greedy... oh wait... that's just about impossible. *Shrugs* oh well, I'll enjoy playing for free and giving >some< thanks to those that pay. For the others that like to rub it in our faces... I happily ignore you.

The people who are full of themselves are downright funny though.
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

Epic Failure--To the Avatar that won't show.
  • EternalSiege - Dreamweaver
    EternalSiege - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Here's what you QQers can do okay,
    Go out side find a tree
    Take your ****ing head and start bashing it into the tree
    Take the blood that is coming out of your head and write RE,TARD on your head.
    That is what you look like atm!!!

QQing about QQers? Take your own advice hypocrite.
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I like anniversary packs.

b:shutupb:shutupb:shutup

I saw that lol.
    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved. --- Helen Keller

"For the people who love to complain, whine, cry, and moan over every little detail of their life. Build a bridge and get over it. Or I'll push you in the river you made."

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You and almost everyone in this thread seem to forget one major point, PWE IS a company. PWE NEEDS to make profits. If this was absolutely free who is paying for all the people who work for the company?

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, CASH SHOPPERS KEEP THE COMPANY RUNNING. You aren't forced to BUY the gold from the auction hall just like you aren't FORCED to buy anything from the Boutique.

I do also understand everyone needs a place to vent, so please do commence b:laugh

You are wrong! Dead wrong! I see it all the time. WORLD CHATS LIKE THIS:::TT/FF squad seeks veno W/ HERC (cash shop) TT/FF squad seeks barb MUST BE CHARMED. TT/FF squad seeks cleric MUST BE CHARMED.

See? Its not just us who think we have to pay to play, every day we learn that its either solo or PAY TO PLAY. Its extremely hard to get into squads for anything decent without having charms. I grinded for 3 hours one day and ended up with 3%, about 200k in drops and around 150k in coins. Does that look to you like it would pay for that charm I have to have if I want to participate in TT runs or FF runs? NO IT DOESN'T. To even get in squads anymore you MUST have cash shop items.
    If you are given what table-scraps you get, seems you can make the most of the game as 'free'. Takes longer to level, sure, and I quit spending money in the CS a LONG time ago. Just can't afford it. Been levelling on leftovers since w/ NO TT' armor and a Legendary 70-Weap (I bought after selling the useless dyes I no longer need). Turned off WC too since people cry alot on it and it makes NO difference, and never will. Much like this thread.

This game is no longer free for anyone. After lvl 60 you might as well quit playing if you do not grind and play and farm many hours out in the fields, or spend money in the cash shop to get charms needed to level.

I turned off w/c long ago too. I used to leave it on to try and find good deals on fashion, but I've decided I apparently need other things worse; like charms. I have learned I can live without an mp charm. People ask me to barrage and I tell them I am not a barraging archer. Not about to buy an MP charm to use barrage a few times. This often upsets people.
    I have an awesome idea to solve money problems in this game: RAISE THE FREAKEN DROP RATES!!!!!!!!

Yeah, like at lvl 88 getting 46 coins is going to help anything. At that level the lowest amount of coins that should drop from a mob is at least 1000. But don't hold your breath, you might then be asked to pay to breathe around here.
  • razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i feel like this game is alrdy planned out by the devs, if u notice the bottom left corner of the map is still blacked out, creating an irregular shape, and a spot for a 5th race. also at archo the sin and psy trainers went on 1 of the 2 side buildings. this games future was prolly decided back when it was created, and thus sales r hard to stop.

i think your right, like...seriously, they've been planning the tideborn from the beginning i think.
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Overall, the truth is that the greedy cash shoppers are the people to blame for high prices. Yet again it's capitalism (they can do it).
  • SiIentBIade - Sanctuary
    SiIentBIade - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

didn't even see that lol
    +1
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Overall, the truth is that the greedy cash shoppers are the people to blame for high prices. Yet again it's capitalism (they can do it).

Actualy no, you have it backwards. The greedy coin sellers are the people to blame for high prices. Since they have the coins the gold sellers want, and they choose at what price to buy the gold.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    Options
    You are wrong! Dead wrong! I see it all the time. WORLD CHATS LIKE THIS:::TT/FF squad seeks veno W/ HERC (cash shop) TT/FF squad seeks barb MUST BE CHARMED. TT/FF squad seeks cleric MUST BE CHARMED.

See? Its not just us who think we have to pay to play, every day we learn that its either solo or PAY TO PLAY. Its extremely hard to get into squads for anything decent without having charms. I grinded for 3 hours one day and ended up with 3%, about 200k in drops and around 150k in coins. Does that look to you like it would pay for that charm I have to have if I want to participate in TT runs or FF runs? NO IT DOESN'T. To even get in squads anymore you MUST have cash shop items.

This game is no longer free for anyone. After lvl 60 you might as well quit playing if you do not grind and play and farm many hours out in the fields, or spend money in the cash shop to get charms needed to level.

I turned off w/c long ago too. I used to leave it on to try and find good deals on fashion, but I've decided I apparently need other things worse; like charms. I have learned I can live without an mp charm. People ask me to barrage and I tell them I am not a barraging archer. Not about to buy an MP charm to use barrage a few times. This often upsets people.

Yeah, like at lvl 88 getting 46 coins is going to help anything. At that level the lowest amount of coins that should drop from a mob is at least 1000. But don't hold your breath, you might then be asked to pay to breathe around here.

Best thing to do is to make a newbie character and farm an item or mat that a lot of people want, then sell it. I know someone who would spend a day farming Hay, get about 100-200. And sell it for 10k each. Thats a decent profit at least.

• ll00
    ll00 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well the game is ruin in the long run because new player won't be joining. Another thing is that if none of us would spend more on this game during the pack sell then we usually do, then the gm have no reason to bring it back. The only thing that **** me off is that they announce it early so people take advantage of those that were in game already before the gm announce that the pack is back. Usually you do it after sever goes down so nobody gets an advantage over people that are already in game. Because of that little advantage, I lost a whole bunch of coins.
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

No, the people who are willing to pay their asking price is just as much at fault. If they didn't pay the price then I have to drop my price per gold a well. Several time I was in quick need of gold so I could buy an item to mark it up because I saw it at a low price. I had to sell a gold coin at 370k because it was a the highest buy price and at 390k It sat there for 30mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

lol Not QQing there is a difference between annoying and QQing GG fail moar gtfo it's the ****ing holidays you got anything better to do???b:bye
  • SaintDominic - Sanctuary
    SaintDominic - Sanctuary Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Actualy no, you have it backwards. The greedy coin sellers are the people to blame for high prices. Since they have the coins the gold sellers want, and they choose at what price to buy the gold.

Oh thanks for the editb:victory
  • Tidelord - Dreamweaver_1386746192
    edited December 2009
    Options

Haha that's like saying it's the fault of the ppl downloading illegal stuff that so many illegal content is online b:thanksb:shutup
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    Options
    It's called supply and demand. The less you demand the less the price is.

• Avalon - Raging Tide
    Avalon - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Well, I enjoyed the like 2 days I was back at least. First Oracles and now Anni Packs... I don't even know how to describe what my feelings are on this are anymore... At the very least, I didn't have time to get into a guild and get really into the game...
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol Not QQing there is a difference between annoying and QQing GG fail moar gtfo it's the ****ing holidays you got anything better to do???b:bye

Well gee, that was just unpleasant.
    edited December 2009
    Options

coming from the guy poking people on internet fourms? im just entertaining myself by actually thinking so im awake when servers come back
  • Pot_Head - Harshlands
    Pot_Head - Harshlands Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I wouldn't have went there if some people learned to keep there mouth shut.
    coming from the guy poking people on internet fourms? im just entertaining myself by actually thinking so im awake when servers come back
    That clearly states you aint got no life lol GG care more about the game then your life^^
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

I agree... you'd think he'd ask himself that same question since he's the one pointing out the holidays b:chuckle

Doth that be forum troll stench I smell!! lmao
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    If you are going to blame people, blame the right ones. In the case you mentioned, free players are the ones to blame, since cash shoppers already have the gold, and do not need to bid on buying more gold with coins.

Yeah, but you have to be offering players something worth their while before they spend money. The first time I spent rl money in the cash shop was at 79 to help fund my TT80 set. I really liked the game and planned to be playing a while so I made the investment. Anni packs were just out too, so I said heck it, I'll contribute some dollars and give the event a spin for fun. Won a best luck token. Over the next few weeks I added a few 10$ here and there on charms.

Then anni sale 2 came along. Then anni sale 3. Gradually I noticed friends quitting and the game becoming far less fun orientated and more of a power drive. Endless strings of bugs and glitches cropped up with no fix. Popping $10 every week or two became meaningless... becoming decent started to require $100 investment every week or two.

It was about then I lost motivation. I made an alt, quit my TW faction, learned all the tricks to buy/selling and have been a F2P player who just plays to have fun with friends ever since. Nothing in the game motivates me to become P2P or contribute. End game goals are far too pricy and the devs don't really give a damn about anything but profit. I don't see a bright future for the game worth investing my money in anymore.
  • kikirani
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't understand all the hatred towards anni packs.

Say per chance this is a game like diablo 2, people spend $$$ on third party pay sites, people spend $$$ on d2jsp.

Say this is WoW, lots of $$$ transactions go on vs gear, power leveling, or accounts.

If a person can drop 100 dollars on anni packs to get an end game item, then i'm sure w/o the anni packs they could buy the item out of game vs cash. Same difference.

PW cash shop just removes the third party out of the equation. Sure cash helps players who pay a lot, and negates a non cash shop players 100+ more hours of playtime. However this is the same in any MMOrpg, people can spend real $ to gain an advantage. Nothing is changed nothing is different stop the QQ and roll a scroll of tome.

And if you persist in the QQing and saying blah blah blah leave leave leave, then don't let the door hit you in the butt.

The overall hate towards the Anniversary Packs is that it takes the amount you have to work for certain items.

The only thing I think they need to change (if they persist on putting the Anni Packs back) is to change the name of them. Since it is no longer the Anniversary of Perfect World International

edited December 2009
    Options
    Haha that's like saying it's the fault of the ppl downloading illegal stuff that so many illegal content is online b:thanksb:shutup

or like saying its the person who got robbed's fault, because they had the money to be stolen.