Archer replaced by Assassin?

Comments

• Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    b:angry you are arrogant b:cry. you think you,a full dex archer can two shot us? try again when a sin pops up next to you sparked already with you silenced,immoblized and then stunned.

sins can 2-4 shot or be 2-4 shot by any robe/LA class at their level

learn your class please before you postb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Archers are basically helpless against Assassins, barring a significant difference in skill, gear, or level. As in, unless the assassin is an idiot, much lower level, or has much worse gear, the archer is dead.

Venomancers, Sage Soul Degeneration. Reduces maximum HP by 20%. Available at level 92; Archers at level 92 only get the 16% reduction of a L10 Sharpened Tooth Arrow.

Now that's just silly. Assassins shouldn't be using bows unless it's a special situation (avoiding short range AOE, Frozen Heads or clearing Raging Thunders in FC).

There's a difference between "can" and "will". Yes, we can two, or maybe even one, shot you under the right conditions. No we will not unless the Assassin is an idiot. It's far more likely for the Assassin to 1-2 shot the Archer, however. We both have very low defense, and fairly high offense. Assassins have guaranteed first hit due to stealth, which normally also guarantees they'll have the last hit.

For PvE, an Assassin is nowhere near as useful as an Archer. In solo PvP, the Assassin is far superior to an Archer. In mass PvP, both have their uses, it depends on the situation.

Assassins and Archers are two different classes, with vastly different purposes. Just because they both use a pure dex build does not make them equal or interchangeable. Quit trying to replace one with the other.

Ok mayb i shld have made myself clearer.
    Sins cannot do the same amount of dmg that STA does
    and i mentioned the bows cause some pages ago,some1 mentioned that sins can use both bows and daggers that's why Sin r superior
    edited February 2010
    lol . . .
    Read the archer forum lately =]?

your 3 metal skills worth using have NO +% weapon damage
    your two melee skills have NO +% weapon damage

I know you don't understand how much of a disadvantage this is at your level but maybe after you level a bit more you will understand.

Have fun trying to kite a non-**** sin
    Tackling slash immobilizes you for 9 seconds and has a 15 second cool down

lol you make it sound like only archers use holy path. . .
    and news flash, sins teleports out range ANY archer =]

And so what if they deal no +% dmg,they have only 6sec c/d each.I can spam them all i want.

Oh no,u immobilized/stun/seal me.Im doomedb:cry.Haven't u heard of genie skills?
  • SaphireDemon - Lost City
    SaphireDemon - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    And so what if they deal no +% dmg,they have only 6sec c/d each.I can spam them all i want.

Oh no,u immobilized/stun/seal me.Im doomedb:cry.Haven't u heard of genie skills?

4 hit a lvl 92 archer with full hh90 +3 green, Fc85 +5 xbow
    at lvl 83 with lvl 69 +3 daggers, and he demon sparked

Archers cant beat Sins, sooner you deal with it, better off you'll be
    b:bye
    Angel BEGONE!! b:angry

The Devil has my ear today b:pleased
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    Lusca - Sanctuary Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited February 2010

hey genius you can't use skills while your dead, so the cool down doesn't matter if you can't kill us before we kill you =]

I'm too lazy to go thou all the genie skills but feel free to point out this amazing genie skill that makes you immune to stun, seal AND immobilize you think exists
  • Blide - Lost City
    Blide - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everything depends on player...and even an archer can pwn a sin and in reverse as well
    and all ALL you ppl who have the chance to get charms :D,you ALL forget 1 thing...
    Healing remedies get 20-15 herbs and for 8 sec all of damage is in its half...or create other powders that greatly reduces all phy or mag damage for 20 secs....(also sins and archers pawn barbs xD...lol MISS MISS MISS, pwnd a stupid barbar(lvl 63)when I was lvl 48...lols
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted

To every assassin class mate...always focus your minds b:chuckle
    edited February 2010
    hey genius you can't use skills while your dead, so the cool down doesn't matter if you can't kill us before we kill you =]

I'm too lazy to go thou all the genie skills but feel free to point out this amazing genie skill that makes you immune to stun, seal AND immobilize you think exists

i hope u read the text correctly i dint say there was a genie skill that could remove all fo them.I just said there were genie skills that could be used against them.
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    i hope u read the text correctly i dint say there was a genie skill that could remove all fo them.I just said there were genie skills that could be used against them.

I like how you ignore the rest of my post =]
    and wow big whoop you can break out of stun, you'll just get sealed and immobilized, or slept or whatever
  • Kakuriyo - Heavens Tear
    Kakuriyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Find me a class that kill kill archer end game.=.=
  • Lusca - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010

all of them?
  • Kakuriyo - Heavens Tear
    Kakuriyo - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Oops typo.Meant a class that cant kill archer end game.
    I guess pretty much every class so the sooner sins stop gloating over winning archers and the sooner archers accept the fact,this thread would pretty much be dead
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sin tele stuns archer AD's

headhunt fails archer WOG's

stuns sin 2 shots them

basicly archers need to use geni skills to survive a good 5 seconds then stun and kill

its possibla for them to kill a sin 1 vs 1 the same way they survive everyone else

apoth + geni + shellsb:surrender
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2010

Everyone beats a low 9X archers with bad refines. They're really only good for grinding until 95+. Its pretty much the most gimped creature for pvp in this game.

80+ nix = dead 90 archer
    80+ BM with True Emptiness = dead 90 archer
    80+ barb that lvled up Armageddon = dead 90 archer
    80+ sin = pretty sure dead archer to

99+ archer is kinda different tho since they by that time have cash shopped enough mag/phy defense and hp and +10-+12 their weapon lol. Stealth is not a problem either at 99+, if you can afford +7+8 gear you will also have detection pots. Assassins on the other hand dont even have lvl 11 skills or triple spark yet and they cant even get a decent Lunar weapon at 95.

Atm endgame archers > sin b:cry Thats what matters, not who you kill at lvl 80.

Might look different later tho if the developers can hurry the hell up. My sin is still low 8X since no point leveling ;(
  • rikako
    rikako Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everyone beats a low 9X archers with bad refines. They're really only good for grinding until 95+. Its pretty much the most gimped creature for pvp in this game.

80+ nix = dead 90 archer
    80+ BM with True Emptiness = dead 90 archer
    80+ barb that lvled up Armageddon = dead 90 archer
    80+ sin = pretty sure dead archer to

99+ archer is kinda different tho since they by that time have cash shopped enough mag/phy defense and hp and +10-+12 their weapon lol. Stealth is not a problem either at 99+, if you can afford +7+8 gear you will also have detection pots. Assassins on the other hand dont even have lvl 11 skills or triple spark yet and they cant even get a decent Lunar weapon at 95.

Atm endgame archers > sin b:cry Thats what matters, not who you kill at lvl 80.

Might look different later tho if the developers can hurry the hell up. My sin is still low 8X since no point leveling ;(

so.. true if there were as many posts about how TE kills everyone else we wouldnt be here yet b:laugh
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Everyone needs to keep one thing in mind, as they talk about how Sins can sneak up on anyone and PWN them. There are damage absorbing pots, which are relatively easy to obtain, which are supposed to only absorb damage for 30 seconds. They are bugged. I honestly have no idea how long they last, as it certainly lasts much, much longer than the 30 seconds it is supposed to. Simply pop one of them as you head out to PvP, and a Sin coming up on you will bounce off most of the damage they'd be inflicting for that first shot. At that point, the advantage is lost. What happens then depends on what each player brought to the fight. Certain genie skills also make difference in a fight like this, as there are several that do massive damage to a foe close to you. Granted, pre-nerf Thunderstorm was one of the best ones, but there are still similar ones to be used. And as they do not miss, they null and void the Assassin's evasion. I'm not taking one side or the other, but the "I CAN PWN YOU BEFORE YOU SEE ME!" needs to stop. There are ways to avoid that.
  • Incindere - Harshlands
    Incindere - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Silly haughty sins. Archs= have fists (read obvs thread on Arch board)
    Sins = have daggers. The idiot OP did not know this and said some stupid things. End of discussion. Lock this damn thread.
  • Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide
    Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sins can 2-4 shot or be 2-4 shot by any robe/LA class at their level

learn your class please before you postb:surrender

b:angry i have learnt my class. i dont see how you can accuse me of not learning my class b:angry

and try and 2-4 shot a vit sin
  • Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide
    Kriticalhitz - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    sin tele stuns archer AD's

headhunt fails archer WOG's

stuns sin 2 shots them

basicly archers need to use geni skills to survive a good 5 seconds then stun and kill

its possibla for them to kill a sin 1 vs 1 the same way they survive everyone else

apoth + geni + shellsb:surrender

sin appears demonsparked/double sparked and starts with a throat cut.
    then immoblizes
    then stunned
    then w/e -.-
    i dont get why you think sins are easily defeated. if a archer can survive.. why cant we? we also have deaden nerves,focused mind...b:dirty

and divine.. ill try to gtfo
  • Gr_Thunder - Harshlands
    Gr_Thunder - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Chronos isn't even replying anymore and he probably got the point by now so you can all give it a rest don't you think?
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    this whole topic is rediculous. do sins have BOA...no....how about a means of magic damage....no. ok so what have we learned? sins did not replace archers. if sins replaced any class it would probly be closer to BM. SSS is pretty damn close to dragons, and other then the ability to wear HA, sins can do most anything a BM can. but DONT quote me for saying sins replaced BMs, thats not what i said. BMs are probly the hardest thing for a sin to take down. they give me more trouble then barbs
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    me would prefer BMs to sins because...moar aoes and can get alpha male, and tank decently.
    b:surrender

o and archers has sharptooth.
    don't forget teh sharptooth.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    me would prefer BMs to sins because...moar aoes and can get alpha male, and tank decently.
    b:surrender

o and archers has sharptooth.
    don't forget teh sharptooth.

yes yes i forgot the STA my bad. but BMs dont really need to tank. if theres a tank in squad ill let that tank do its job. and they may have more AOEs but we can use dragons every 30 seconds, which is a lot more helpful to a party. and i would much rather be able to use my stealth as a type of agro control over being able to tank.

...and for the record sins are better tanks then people give them credit for.a barb is a 10 ill give a bmabout a 7. wizes are 8-9 to magic bosses. sins are about at a 6 with the blood paint abilty.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    yes yes i forgot the STA my bad. but BMs dont really need to tank. if theres a tank in squad ill let that tank do its job. and they may have more AOEs but we can use dragons every 30 seconds, which is a lot more helpful to a party. and i would much rather be able to use my stealth as a type of agro control over being able to tank.

...and for the record sins are better tanks then people give them credit for.a barb is a 10 ill give a bmabout a 7. wizes are 8-9 to magic bosses. sins are about at a 6 with the blood paint abilty.

Q_Q
    go run frost and then come back....
    me rely heavily on a competent BM during frost runs for the mobs......
    barbs just don't has enough aoe aggro skills.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Q_Q
    go run frost and then come back....
    me rely heavily on a competent BM during frost runs for the mobs......
    barbs just don't has enough aoe aggro skills.

I detstroy FC! over and over and over again. try going with a better barb
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    Tapion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Every class has its advantages and disadvantages. Archers and Assassins are very similar, but neither one is superior to the other. But Archer vs Assassin same stats same level, there's really no telling. Though an Archer can knock back the Assassin, the Assassin could Shadow Jump to the Archer and make the Archer Sleep. But the Deep Sting could miss as Archers have high evasion, but so do Assassins, so knock back skills could miss as well.

I once saw an Assassin and Archer duke it out, it ended in a draw 3 times in a row. The Assassin won on the 4th battle BARELY, and only because he outsmarted the Archer. The 2 classes, neither is superior, they're dead even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010
    Every class has its advantages and disadvantages. Archers and Assassins are very similar, but neither one is superior to the other. But Archer vs Assassin same stats same level, there's really no telling. Though an Archer can knock back the Assassin, the Assassin could Shadow Jump to the Archer and make the Archer Sleep. But the Deep Sting could miss as Archers have high evasion, but so do Assassins, so knock back skills could miss as well.

I once saw an Assassin and Archer duke it out, it ended in a draw 3 times in a row. The Assassin won on the 4th battle BARELY, and only because he outsmarted the Archer. The 2 classes, neither is superior, they're dead even.
    what game are you playing? because in PWI knockbacks dont work in PvP. and either the archer was at LEAST 10 lvls higher or the sin brings the word fail to a new meaning. archers and sins arent even close to the same.
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    I didn't know knockbacks don't work in PVP(but that seems kind of stupid in my opinion) I said that sins could counter it with Shadow Jump in theory, and I didn't say I saw an assassin knocked back by an archer did I. I said they fought and were in a draw three times. I didn't know what their stats or levels were. And I have yet to see an archer beat an assassin hands down or vice versa, and I've seen a lot of duels. I still say they're even.

Course I could be wrong, the info I gather from duels I admit isn't entirely accurate. But still, when you never see an Assassin beat an archer hands down, or the other way around, you can't help but think they are even.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I didn't know knockbacks don't work in PVP(but that seems kind of stupid in my opinion) I said that sins could counter it with Shadow Jump in theory, and I didn't say I saw an assassin knocked back by an archer did I. I said they fought and were in a draw three times. I didn't know what their stats or levels were. And I have yet to see an archer beat an assassin hands down or vice versa, and I've seen a lot of duels. I still say they're even.

Course I could be wrong, the info I gather from duels I admit isn't entirely accurate. But still, when you never see an Assassin beat an archer hands down, or the other way around, you can't help but think they are even.

wadafak are you talking about lmaoo b:shocked there is no way an archer could win teh sin xD
    an assassin could keep the archer paralysed and finish him/her off before they could even react. (oooo plus archers do half damage close range b:bye)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tapion_ - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Wow, then assassins must suck on my server, cuz I still haven't seen an assassin beat an archer without having to outsmart them. But I'm open minded, I'll go look again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    edited February 2010

*face palm*