1234568»

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    As long as the name is not mentioned it is not harmful right? o.o

What setup do they have?

Regards.

Spoons.. I don't know if this image is allowed here or not, I am going to post it but if it isn't please let me know and i'll remove it right away.

This is a view of the Market window on my other game.

marketimage.jpg

~Saitada
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    Foltern - Sanctuary Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    fun fact- these points are only relevant to global warming. We are on topic. gg.

That is subordinate information constructed to personify the need to eliminate catshops. This is the topic requests by the OP.
    Guys the title of this thread is about the cost of cat shops, about how catshops are wasteful and should be replaced / obsoleted.

Regards.
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Spoons.. I don't know if this image is allowed here or not, I am going to post it but if it isn't please let me know and i'll remove it right away.

This is a view of the Market window on my other game.

~Saitada

I have no idea what the hell I am seeing xD. Maybe you could explain how it is different than PWI or the benefits of using it?

Regards
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I have no idea what the hell I am seeing xD. Maybe you could explain how it is different than PWI or the benefits of using it?

Regards

The specific view is a 'buy' window. In it I was looking for rigs to add to something I have. All those things are made and sold by players for the most part with few actual exceptions.

If a player needs something they open the window up and find the item (much like pwi's interface) the main difference is that this system is actually much cleaner and easier to understand than PWI's current system.

It really is difficult to explain it w/o mentioning aspects of the game that might get me in trouble with spoons though so I'm kinda hamstrung here lol.

The major difference though is that with certain abilities that you learn, you can do buying and selling ANYWHERE within a certain range and anybody can buy from you anywhere within a certain range w/o needing to be in a city ect (they do have to go get it from where you sold it to them from though).

~S
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    The specific view is a 'buy' window. In it I was looking for rigs to add to something I have. All those things are made and sold by players for the most part with few actual exceptions.

If a player needs something they open the window up and find the item (much like pwi's interface) the main difference is that this system is actually much cleaner and easier to understand than PWI's current system.

It really is difficult to explain it w/o mentioning aspects of the game that might get me in trouble with spoons though so I'm kinda hamstrung here lol.

~S

:<

Regards
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Basically though, my other games market system is much cleaner, and overall easier to use than PWI's. If PWI looked at it and emulated the best parts of it, they could go a LONG way to making the pwi market system work much more efficiently.

Also.. with this system, there is no need for a catshop to be open and running as this is very much like the AH. In fact, for the most part, the market here is the only way to buy and sell, other than through direct trade.

~S
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Basically though, my other games market system is much cleaner, and overall easier to use than PWI's. If PWI looked at it and emulated the best parts of it, they could go a LONG way to making the pwi market system work much more efficiently.

Also.. with this system, there is no need for a catshop to be open and running as this is very much like the AH. In fact, for the most part, the market here is the only way to buy and sell, other than through direct trade.

~S

I really like that idea more than having catshops altogether ._. At this moment I can't think of any reason for them other than the Auction house not supporting all items and giving players the choice to avoid the charges for using it. Perhaps it would be better if the Auction house could be implemented into the GUI menus like the "Friend Finder". That eliminates the need for even having posts. If it supported all the items in the game and there was no fees for using it we may be on to something here.

There is a downside. Players who have purchased the special catshops would not be allowed to use them. Maybe only allow catshops if you purchase a specialized one. :/

Regards
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Check your private messages Foltern.

~S
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009

~S

Ah yeh cool thanks :)

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Actually implementing the AH into the GUi is probably not so good for PWI. There goes some teleport item sales :<

Regards
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009

~S

That trade system totaly rocks. It really makes it easier to setup buy and sell orders. They also have an auction system that works pretty similar PWIs, but with a better filter (you can type in search words), and much easier to setup.

It also lets you set up person to person sale and buy orders without ever meeting the other person, by setting up the item, and the sale price, and who it is being sold to. The buying person receives a in-game mail saying so and so has set up and item for them to buy and it will expire in x hours. If the buyer changes their mind, that the item reverts back to the seller.

BTW, I used to make those rigs lol.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kagusa - Sanctuary
    Kagusa - Sanctuary Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I see your point and your right, that is alot of energy and the stastistics you gave only for archosaur imagine if all the catshops everywhere where counted? Alot of selfish people don't agree with you but hey they are the ones who ruin the planet in the first place. People should really learn to use the auction or as you said the catshop can be turned to something that works when your offline but not being a cashshop item , it should automatically be adapted to the game. Or erase the catshops entirely
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Think he was saying something more along the lines of that if any of you people pushing a greener lifestyle were serious, you'd be giving up a lot more than you are. He's right, btw.

If you actually believe that AGW is going to wipe out as many species as you people all claim, and if you actually cared about saving those species, you would be doing much more. The whole, "living in a hut, etc. etc." thing isn't far off. If you REALLY believed the effects were as widespread as you claim they are, you'd do everything in your power to stop them. This would include giving up all luxuries that you think harm the environment. I wish you WERE serious....you'd turn off all your power, and we wouldn't have to read your nonsense on here.

applauses.gif
    If someone was serious they would kill them selves. Its not like humans get eaten by millions of animals everyday. We're at the top of the food chain, and we dont really control the population of cows/pigs...We breed them so we can eat them =S
    Alot of selfish people don't agree with you but hey they are the ones who ruin the planet in the first place.
    Lolwut? A few hundred computers left running is nothing.
    EDIT: Nothing compared to everything else that contributes to global warming (..enhanced greenhouse effect...). Cause people are making more of a fuss over this than other things that contribute more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    I see your point and your right, that is alot of energy and the stastistics you gave only for archosaur imagine if all the catshops everywhere where counted? Alot of selfish people don't agree with you but hey they are the ones who ruin the planet in the first place. People should really learn to use the auction or as you said the catshop can be turned to something that works when your offline but not being a cashshop item , it should automatically be adapted to the game. Or erase the catshops entirely

Post 185, Post 176 then post 119 :o

Regards
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    If someone was serious they would kill them selves. Its not like humans get eaten by millions of animals everyday. We're at the top of the food chain, and we dont really control the population of cows/pigs...We breed them so we can eat them =S Lolwut? A few hundred computers left running is nothing.

Calculations at post 1, read Post 192, read Post 209 then read post 214 :o

Regards
  • itrollz
    itrollz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I see your sense in this but i dont thin this would be possible cat shops is what makes PW Great! im sorry but i dont support this argument at all .
  • Foltern - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    itrollz wrote: »
    I see your sense in this but i dont thin this would be possible cat shops is what makes PW Great! im sorry but i dont support this argument at all .

I think catshops can be cool but it requires some processing power to display them all. Players often misrepresent what items are being sold and as the OP pointed out there are real world benefits from not using them. It's probably not possible to eliminate them all but there are also other ways to encourage players to turn off their computer at night, such as improving the Auction House in ways pointed out in post 176.

Regards
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    applauses.gif
    If someone was serious they would kill them selves. Its not like humans get eaten by millions of animals everyday. We're at the top of the food chain, and we dont really control the population of cows/pigs...We breed them so we can eat them =S

Lolwut? A few hundred computers left running is nothing.
    EDIT: Nothing compared to everything else that contributes to global warming (..enhanced greenhouse effect...). Cause people are making more of a fuss over this than other things that contribute more.

But they will always come back with the (true) point of: every little bit matters.

The issue here is that we are at the top of a warm cycle - and we can't tell if this is from global warming, or just a natural cycle. Ice ages are not GONE - just the Pleistocene is...

Anyway - automated catshopping is not the answer. If everyone can have a catshop open when they are gone. Then....how many alts will there be? That just make a random catshop? The limitation of an actual computer running the catshop is there for a reason.

It's there because far less people will leave their computer running to run a catshop for so long....now take that bandwidth, and compare it to the massive amount of transactions, extra catshops from numerous alts with no requirement (think multiple accounts)...that data has to be stored on PWI's servers somewhere, and the catshops rendered. Where are these practically permanent catshops going to go? Arch? *shudders*

We just need a better auction house. Preferably one with no listing fees, and only fees if your items sell. That would make everyone happy I think...