Rising Tide - Launched!

Options

Comments

• Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I'm going to make the prediction that as soon as the official date is announced, there will be a whole bunch of people saying "I told you so" all over the forums and quite possibly a ton of QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    lol nice, i hope they release it soon i wanna play a sin so badly!

Since they usually update on Wednesdays, and it's the 2nd today, it's most likely going to be the 9th or the 16th. Either this coming Wednesday, or the week after that, since they said the first few weeks of December, if there aren't any complications. Also, the poll asking what class you'll roll upon expansion ends on the 17th.

-EDIT-

Ugh, God. I've been lurking all the Tideborn Expansion threads waaaay too much. Somebody STOP me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The 17th doesn't quite fall into the first "few weeks" if by definition one believes that the first "few weeks" ends on the 14th of the month. Oh, and there was a time where maintenence was held on Tuesdays...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    The 17th doesn't quite fall into the first "few weeks" if by definition one believes that the first "few weeks" ends on the 14th of the month. Oh, and there was a time where maintenence was held on Tuesdays...

Depends on how you see the word 'Few' really. I don't think few can be any less than 3 Weeks, because 2 would be a 'Couple'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    Kealani - Heavens Tear Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Depends on how you see the word 'Few' really. I don't think few can be any less than 3 Weeks, because 2 would be a 'Couple'.

Just because I'm bored and have nothing better to do.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/few

1. not many but more than one: Few artists live luxuriously

I've noticed that most people generally use "a few" and "a couple" for the same thing.
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options

I've noticed that most people generally use "a few" and "a couple" for the same thing.

Like I said, it depends on how you see the word 'few'. I rarely see 'a few' and 'a couple' used as direct synonyms. The dictionary isn't the absolute set definition for words.

Either way, slowly drifting off topic >.>...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Like I said, it depends on how you see the word 'few'. I rarely see 'a few' and 'a couple' used as direct synonyms. The dictionary isn't the absolute set definition for words.

Either way, slowly drifting off topic >.>...

Blasphemy,it is merely moving away from beating a dead horse (namely,release date discussion)
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Ugh, God. I've been lurking all the Tideborn Expansion threads waaaay too much. Somebody STOP me.

*smacks your head with a huge fish*
    Stop that!
    ... uh does that fish remind you of something? Like idk... the tideborn expansion? If so you are addicted to it even before the release - I guess that counts as maniac!

Wait a moment I did the same as you so... oh hell no! *takes her stand in the maniac row right after you*
    I blame Spoons cause he fed us with tiny informations over such a long time, we had to become what we are today *nods*
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • AshWing - Lost City
    AshWing - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sweet indeed but i would be better if the Official date would be said instate of
    ''you can expect to see the upcoming expansion launched within the first few weeks of December''....
    cause me and my friends are seriously waiting for this patch,
    so plz just say the date
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Sweet indeed but i would be better if the Official date would be said instate of
    ''you can expect to see the upcoming expansion launched within the first few weeks of December''....
    cause me and my friends are seriously waiting for this patch,
    so plz just say the date

At this point, I'm starting to agree. For this entire process I've felt that we should just wait until it comes out, but...

I don't like the idea that one day I might decide that I don't want to play and the expansion is released because they haven't told us the date. b:surrender Since we all agree that it will be released at the most three weeks from now, isn't it close enough to give us an estimate? I understand not giving any kind of date when it's first being created, but as it gets closer to completion it should be getting easier and easier to have an idea of what day. I don't want to have to constantly check the game/forums because I don't know when it's coming out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • xhalax
    xhalax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    umm does anyone know what will exactly happen to the bank inventory when the expansion is launched?i heard that the inventory will be common for all the chars on the account, doesn't that mean you'll lose a lot of inventory slots. If all my chars have full bank inventories with different items, what will happen, will they be lost or something? Anyone got some specific info on that, or could a GM that knows more about it answer that question please? Sorry if this is a bit off topic b:surrender but i couldn't find any info on it (or i didn't searched hard enough), but this topic seemd the most active on the expansion subject .
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Supposedly there's going to be an 'Account Bank' and your Regular bank per character, Or so I've heard. I read it somewhere else, so I don't have any source to verify it, but I think it'll be something like the Wardrobe Bank. I also heard you'll need something called an Account Bank stone, but again, all just things I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone knows anymore about this, that would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *imagines having long flowing hair again while in the water*
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ChaoticTears - Harshlands
    ChaoticTears - Harshlands Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    *imagines having long flowing hair again while in the water*

While the Stingray music plays in the background ?
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    I don't think it will be released in 3 weeks i thing it will be released in December 8th but thats just my guess. I think we are a week behind the Chinese Sever so hopefully my guess is the right one. But we will see.
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Supposedly there's going to be an 'Account Bank' and your Regular bank per character, Or so I've heard. I read it somewhere else, so I don't have any source to verify it, but I think it'll be something like the Wardrobe Bank. I also heard you'll need something called an Account Bank stone, but again, all just things I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone knows anymore about this, that would be great.

Pretty sure that's exactly how it works..........hoping the the stone isn't some insane gold price.....otherwise I won't be able to get it and my pretty aniversary mount will be forever stuck on my archer 3;
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Options
    More likely than not, it's going to be just like the wardrobe and cupboard stones: The first item unlocks the use of the account bank, and subsequent items increase it's size.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LewaSpell - Heavens Tear
    LewaSpell - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    well i know that the first few weeks is going to be all tidebron just about not only the day it comes out
  • Cheyannalina - Sanctuary
    Cheyannalina - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options

not meaning to correct u ^^ just dont want u to get ur hopes up :o few in tht sentence means few = not many..a few meaning 3 or more relating to the word a couple = 2 but i could be incorrect ^^ so its can really technically be anytime this month..but if everything goes right the 9th and 16th r the safest bets :3
    come closer....

closer.....

even closer....

(slaps)

dun trust. :D
  • Aliella - Harshlands
    Aliella - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    omg you kno whats gonna suck? the tideborn areas are going to have so much lag because everyone is going to be there :S
  • Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    omg you kno whats gonna suck? the tideborn areas are going to have so much lag because everyone is going to be there :S

Yes, but you have to also take into consideration the fact that there are a LOT of people who don't want to completely re-roll and make their Tideborn their main character. It will probably be laggy the first week or few weeks of the expansion release, but by then a lot of people might want to go back to their mains, or just occasionally level their Tideborn. Personally, I am going to make my Psychic my new main character because I am getting tired of always having a Veno as my main character (I played a veno as my main character on Perfect-World Malaysia, which was the first English-version of PW, but in my opinion, PW-International is better).
  • Kealani - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Off Topic: Looking back,Perfect World MY was HORRIBLE,especially compared to this one. Do they even have genies yet?
  • Ithlia - Heavens Tear
    Ithlia - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Off Topic: Looking back,Perfect World MY was HORRIBLE,especially compared to this one. Do they even have genies yet?

Haha, I logged back on it a few months ago and they don't. They don't even have the new flights that we just got, nor the same fashion that we have. Basically it is filled with the same people that played the game 24/7 when I use to play it, and the moderators don't really care much about it. I don't even think it is getting the Tideborn Expansion. They are even merging Oracle and Delphi...and we all know how all the "drama-llamas" of each server hate each other.

Either way, to bring this back on-topic, I am just happy that PW-International actually GETS expansions and all this good stuff :)
  • Sirenwolf - Heavens Tear
    Sirenwolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    i agree theres going to b alot of lag when the rising tide come out but hopefully some people go back to there mains so its a lil less lagb:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    December 16th b:victory Can't wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
  • Untamedf - Lost City
    Untamedf - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone,

As most of you already know, the Rising Tide Expansion is getting closer and closer to launch.

A lot of you guys have been asking about when the actual release date is going to be. Up until this point we've been saying Winter of 2009.

Good news. Barring any unforeseen issues during the last few stages of development and testing, you can expect to see the upcoming expansion launched within the first few weeks of December.

We'll be updating you guys via the game launcher and forums periodically when a concrete date is set.

We're very excited to push this set of content out the door, and we hope you guys enjoy both the Tideborn, and the new content just as much as we have.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, and you didn't click the hyperlink up there marked "Rising Tide Expansion", click here. ;)

UPDATE: The Rising Tide Expansion is currently set to launch on December 16th. Set your clocks, mark your calendars, cause we've got less than two weeks left folks. :)

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!! b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty *blows up*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hmm hi?
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    To all the people who said December 9th: b:bye

Kidding. December 9th wasn't too far off.

Hm, I need to escape from my cell some time before the 16th now.b:avoid
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • ATHAXIS - Sanctuary
    ATHAXIS - Sanctuary Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Greetings Everyone,

As most of you already know, the Rising Tide Expansion is getting closer and closer to launch.

A lot of you guys have been asking about when the actual release date is going to be. Up until this point we've been saying Winter of 2009.

Good news. Barring any unforeseen issues during the last few stages of development and testing, you can expect to see the upcoming expansion launched within the first few weeks of December.

We'll be updating you guys via the game launcher and forums periodically when a concrete date is set.

We're very excited to push this set of content out the door, and we hope you guys enjoy both the Tideborn, and the new content just as much as we have.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, and you didn't click the hyperlink up there marked "Rising Tide Expansion", click here. ;)

UPDATE: The Rising Tide Expansion is currently set to launch on December 16th. Set your clocks, mark your calendars, cause we've got less than two weeks left folks. :)
    why ?? on 16th i want it now!!
    lol!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:cutemy xmas list!
    1.some powerfull weap. 4 my assasin and armors
    2.some verry extra mega giga rare wings 4 my assasin
    3.assasin clothes 4 my assasin
    4.1 tome +45 vit
    5.a nightfall mount
    6.1kkkk atk charms
    7.a all class pet that will look like a grim ripper!
    8.a bigger x mas list
    9.some rare chat emoticons
    10.a lvl 50 assasin
    b:dirty
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Lol, Wikipedia can be edited by any person with a computer. It's information free to change. Someone was talking about having edited it yesterday, either on this thread or on the Korren's, I forget which, since I lurk both. We'll be lucky if it comes out on the 9th, My guess is the 16th.

But again, just a guess.

-EDIT-

This was answered already, apparently they're Boutique wings with 3.2/6.2.
    Then again, never ever trust people from the Interwebz.

Just had to point it out XD b:sin
    b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aadi - Lost City
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Just had to point it out XD b:sin
    b:cool

Do you want a cookie? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.