[Discussion of Territory War Changes 8-5-10]

Options

Comments

• Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lies. Anyone who knows their class well (almost no one) and the proper use of items/genies does not need one and can outdo those that have them. Players just play so badly they never learn how to play well.b:bye

LOL.
    Any archer with a +10 and above HS will easily 2 shot you w/o a charm. +10 is fairly common these days, and with the new packs added this week expect to see even more +12 as well.
    Proper use of items/genies? lol you wont get the chance to use them when all you see is your toon falling dead in an instant when a squad of archers pew pew you. In case you forget TW is about team work and its never just 1 lone archer hitting you.
  • XXSairaXx - Archosaur
    XXSairaXx - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They wont even make more money off doing this, they will lose more

People spend money on packs to be awesome in TW, with no point of doing TW now... people wont spend money on packs or other things

Mmmm that's true too. b:surrender
    Kamikaze much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    personally i dont like those changes because small factions will be afraid to bid cause they wont take money back if be outbided, that could be changed

also, maybe the medal of glory could be send to a random member of the faction owning a random land

nvm, i know i will just be ignored, good thing *removed* is coming soon b:pleased
    b:bye
  • ablesama
    ablesama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If I may, will this move be a change for the future of the economy of PWi? As if the servers started in the beginning the days are starting?

Because as I remember, when TW was back in the day, they couldn't really rely on the actual coin from territories but they weren't a constant for faction holding a land.

Yes, this seperates the ones who play for the fun of the game and those who just play for the greed of it. If you love TW, you will find a way to fix it on your own instead of whining about how its not going to be the same anymore.

From what I remember factions didn't rely on coin from lands to make there days. But then you have to think about who are the people complaining about this change? the cash-shoppers? the in-gamers?

If some of you are really going to whine about this change instead of fight for it, because you all know it wil not change. That is sad. Play the game or quit the game.

Simply said.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:victory double thumbs up for mirages for pay now maybe those in TW guilds will have to get their coins just like the rest of the people on the servers b:chuckle this is a good way to drain coin from the game..remove the influx of it from TW pay. b:laugh See all ya TW'ers in the welfare lines when ur bankrolls are depleted hope ya all had fun being rich while ya could be LMAOb:pleased
  • Sherae - Lost City
    Sherae - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:victory double thumbs up for mirages for pay now maybe those in TW guilds will have to get their coins just like the rest of the people on the servers b:chuckle this is a good way to drain coin from the game..remove the influx of it from TW pay. b:laugh See all ya TW'ers in the welfare lines when ur bankrolls are depleted hope ya all had fun being rich while ya could be LMAOb:pleased

u act like we dont work to get end game and pro...
    tw is strategy and cooperation

know what is cool tho

now all the big factions that cant get enough satisfaction from tw will go RPK :D
    hope the lowbies enjoy that
    Lost City FTW
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My opinion is that this new payment system will strongly discourage new guilds from participating in TWs. The amount of mirages set for the new system is an unappetizing reward for owning a land. If a guild takes a land, the mirages aren't enough compensation to balance the cost of TWing. Reguardless if guilds require their members to buy their own charms or the guild supplies some charms to their guild (e.i. cata barbs) TWs cost a lot of money. In my opinion five territories worth of mirages isn't enough to fund one attack and one defend a week.

On the other hand, it seems this is just another way of removing coin from the game. Yes, we've complained about inflating gold prices in the past, but it seems that we've gotten used to it, at least I have. Trying to turn it around now in this manner I believe will, in the short run, discourage TW and, in the long run, lower gold prices and mat prices for gear and charms that won't be used for TW.

Over All: Too Much, Too Late
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    prepare for the age of the gold farming bots!!!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I dunno what you're laughing at, you're faction is still going to get rolled in 5 minutes...
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    LOL.
    Any archer with a +10 and above HS will easily 2 shot you w/o a charm. +10 is fairly common these days, and with the new packs added this week expect to see even more +12 as well.
    Proper use of items/genies? lol you wont get the chance to use them when all you see is your toon falling dead in an instant when a squad of archers pew pew you. In case you forget TW is about team work and its never just 1 lone archer hitting you.

Sorry, but no, that is not the case. This is what I mean by players not knowing how to play. I've been doing things in pvp that players like to consider impossible since I started this game.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • kantorek
    kantorek Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lets see GMs

What if I tell you today, that instead of money you will receive chickens for doing your job.

SOLD!

You had me at Chickens.
    朱健诚
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Maintenance is my Constant. b:surrender
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I dunno what you're laughing at, you're faction is still going to get rolled in 5 minutes...
    he doesnt understand that tw is more than csing clearly

end game ppl will still have good gear
    lowbies will not get salary n wont be able to improve

the rich will stay rich LOL the poor will QQ
    Lost City FTW
  • Ligeia - Harshlands
    Ligeia - Harshlands Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you guys want PWI to listen to what you have to say, stop charging zhen. A boycott is generally the only way to accomplish anything in a capitalist economy, as a corporations only legal obligation is to increase profits for shareholders. I guarantee the executives at PWI will be having some meetings with China if their stock begins to plummet as a result of the updates they gave them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by Bakura~
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The new bidding system is a bit meh and needs changing .... But the new pay system is b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    SOLD!

You had me at Chickens.

You just don't want your brothers and sisters being eaten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You have to know what I mean...how many ppl have epic gear and can play worth **** but do well/semi-well bc of their gear/refine/etc?

I don't find an issue with this sorry...if its about cost then ppl need to learn to farm/merchant/whatever...

Gear> skill especially uncharmed.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why do people not get this?

With this change, it effectively removes the point of bidding on new land. There is no possibility of strategic bidding any more, making it nigh on impossible to attack factions already cashed out via anni packs and their **** children, and hope to win. What idiot would throw his coin, that is now so hard to get for the casual player, into the deep dark well of "fun"?

I ask you, people spend large amounts of money to go to amusement parks and ride roller coasters, etc. They come out with no tangible reward but a thrill and an enjoyable day. But I'm sure as hell not paying $50+ to go to a park with a merry go round that just throws me off into the dirt every time I try to get on. Woo-effing-hoo.

As people have said, no matter what kind of TW pay you get, it doesn't cover the cost. Big TW factions don't freaking pay you if you don't show up, and if you go to TW your cost will always outweigh your pay. EVERYONE IS DOING THIS FOR FUN. But it's not fun any more.

I say again, I'm not going to ask my faction to just drop coins all over the world to disappear or be picked up by randoms as luck would have it. And I'm not going to ask my faction to TW any more, because that's what this change basically amounts to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    he doesnt understand that tw is more than csing clearly

end game ppl will still have good gear
    lowbies will not get salary n wont be able to improve

the rich will stay rich LOL the poor will QQ

Already said in another thread that the top 2-3 factions buy 80% of their event stuff they get from those few lucky packs. They can have fun putting garnett gems in lvl 70 gear because we wont be buying it with 95% of our farming pay going to TW :))
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear
    Monoftalmus - Heavens Tear Posts: 701 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    IMO

I really do not see how can PW make more income from making TW land income reduction changes.
    Many guilds not on map or with 1 land (10mil that is also rly nothing compared to 80 tw players needs) - still have motif to keep investing and spend cash to get better geared, and more lands - eventually start getting at least 1 charm out of the TW pay.

What I hear now is many players will quit game - especially top cash shoppers, or they will stop investing. Why PW not ask about this before implementation?

TW land income should be increased not reduced,
    And updated with the gold price, I don't see any barb pulling a cat having any motive to War no more. He has to spend 20-30 dollars a week now to TW and getting back from it a 80th share of 1.5mil in mirages per land ? Ahh...

TW changes should have introduced new map's, castles, enabled mount battle and different weather randomly spawned.. Sure, maybe no more fake bids, but if we cant see it then ..time slots can be still messed up.

TW could have give xp like cube too, to motivate more players to join maybe..

this can be fixed simply

increase the 150 to 1500 mirage, 200 to 2000 and 300 to 3000.

Also reset the map every 6 months, more guilds trying to get on map from time to time means more income for PW as more players would attend etc.

Thank you for your time

b:bye
    Fortune favors the brave

facebook: facebook.com/WorldOfDrakons
    forum: dragons-pwi.forum-motion.net
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

b:laugh im laughing because its funny as heck to me and FYI my guild isnt a TW guild so be pretty hard to roll it in any amt of time LMAO maybe should know ur facts before opening ur piehole eh?
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kantorek wrote: »
    SOLD!

You had me at Chickens.

Lmao funny.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This thread is growing too fast to read....
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    500k bid for 130 mirages = uhmmm 130k coins npc price? 156k at 12k in west arch

YAY MOTIVATION

lowbie guilds must LOVE losing money if this is going to increase the amt of participation!
    Lost City FTW
  • Cy_clone - Heavens Tear
    Cy_clone - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sorry, but no, that is not the case. This is what I mean by players not knowing how to play. I've been doing things in pvp that players like to consider impossible since I started this game.

Like what? Dying in one hit? lol
    Sorry but all i'm seeing from you is all talk no substance. Your crappy gear isnt going to help you in anyway either b:bye
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Considering that multiple TW related threads went up within minutes of the Content Update post being published, I'd say there's a lot to discuss.

everyone thinks it's a stupid change and will cause alot to quit, does the discussion really need to go further for it to be switched back? so next update, coins are out of the game completely and mirages are all that's left? gold trading done with gold and mirages instead of coin now to?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't need super good gear to know how to play, thats the difference between me and everyone else.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Sherae - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:laugh im laughing because its funny as heck to me and FYI my guild isnt a TW guild so be pretty hard to roll it in any amt of time LMAO maybe should know ur facts before opening ur piehole eh?

main tw factions keep this game alive cash shopping
    Lost City FTW
  • Pyrya - Archosaur
    Pyrya - Archosaur Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Love how GMs come in here and try to make good of a bad situation. I know its not your fault this updates here but isn't time you put your damn foot down and tell them to look over here and see the mess they're making? You have a first hand glance at how they're ruining their own game and they won't listen. All your doing is generating hate towards you. Honestly i don't care if this message is against the rules. I made my char so i could enjoy end game TW, which thank you very much is now gone. So getting banned doesn't really matter to me anymore, i'm already looking for a new game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options

Gotcha you would get rolled in 3 minutes all I needed to know b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Smellfish - Heavens Tear
    Smellfish - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Wow way to ruin the game lol. i dont even tw for the money idc about the pay but now uve just killed bidding all together there wont be any tw left. i dont understand how people like kantorek and frankie who claim to care can just sit by and not give a damn when theres not one person with 1 good thing to say and still go through with the update. oh and frankie way to lie about dq compensation G **** G game over. guildwars 2 comes out in november 2011 guys.
This discussion has been closed.