Rising Tide - Launched!

Comments

• innu
    innu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Will 3 dexterity, 1 strength, 1 vitality per 5 points build be good for assassin?
    Or 4 dex 1 str....

Ermm ... we'll know when they come out.

I kind of plan to make both tideborns when they come out and wait a little while for the craze to die down and then play it.
    ...Then I can still claim to be "one of the first" :D because we ALL know how important being "first" is.

About the whole cloaking thing.
    I have never seen a cloak where you can fight and be attacked and still be cloaked.
    It would be kind of pointless unless if gives an +80% dodge rating or something xD
    But then it'd probably have a nasty short time limit and forever long cooldown. =/
    But it would be awesome to have if you are running around highbie land to go all over to the other capitols or arch because you don't realise the quest that requires you to go to said places ..gives you teleporting to there. *rolls eyes* guilty as charged.
    Or if you just feel like running around and being hard to spot.
    Because honestly, cloaking is only cool if YOU do it.
    *kicks the cloaked night elf buggers on world of ******** that keeps ambushing me*

But yeah, I am looking forward to the new classes and the new areas. ^^ I love the artwork of that psychic there ... *o*
  • XXDaRkDuDeXx - Lost City_1360261299
    edited December 2009
    i have a question
    can the people get out of water?
    if they can
    when they're in water do they have a tail and when they're out do they have legs?
  • xhalax
    xhalax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you would have searched more you would have found this:

transformation

Range self
    Mana 20*Skill lvl
    Cast instant
    CoolDown 15.0second
    Require Cultivation lv19

Skill Description

Transform into mermaid, increase defence lvl(5+0.5*Skill lvl) ,
    increase swim speed(20+6*Skill lvl)%.

only usable in water.

Also since Sins are a "melee" class you will need str too, don't rely on dex too much, they aren't archers.But because speed and evasion go so well together , imo it should look (theoreticaly speaking) something like 1 lvl:3 dex 1 str 1 vit, 1 lvl: 2 dex 2 str 1 vit (to be able to do good dmg yet dexterous enough to have a decent crit and evasion). Then again everyone makes it the way they think it's best for them. It will be a while before a reliable guide for the assassin class will be out.
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    OH MY FREAKING BEJEEBUS! WHY?!
    Why do you do this just as my laptop dies and I can't get on PWI!?
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Sakiara - Harshlands
    Sakiara - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    xhalax wrote: »
    Also since Sins are a "melee" class you will need str too, don't rely on dex too much, they aren't archers.But because speed and evasion go so well together , imo it should look (theoreticaly speaking) something like 1 lvl:3 dex 1 str 1 vit, 1 lvl: 2 dex 2 str 1 vit (to be able to do good dmg yet dexterous enough to have a decent crit and evasion).

As they are based on dex like Archers their builds will most likely look the same, as they will wear Light Armor too. Archers put only as much strength as it's needed for their Light Armor, so yeah...why put more points in strength if you only need it to wear your Armor (and your weapon ofc, so if daggers need more str. than the LA that's a different story again (tho they prolly won't need a lot points more I guess), but otherwise => same build as Archers or what I could think of too is that you need to put some more points in vit than the Archers do, cause as u said, they'll be a melee class)
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    xhalax wrote: »
    -blown smoke-

i find it funny that you post skill description, considering the expansion has yet to be released to us

oh and HAI THAR NUB WITH ONE POST b:cute
  • Valintine - Heavens Tear
    Valintine - Heavens Tear Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i find it funny that you post skill description, considering the expansion has yet to be released to us

oh and HAI THAR NUB WITH ONE POST b:cute

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466152

Internet detectives: let me show you them.

Slightly longer answer: They've got skill descriptions translated from someone who has access to the Chinese version of PWI. So, nub? No. Guy who can use the search function? Yep, we haz it.

Disclaimer: Given how freakin' long this thread has gotten, its highly probable I missed the post you were talking about. But statement, for the most part, still applies.

Besides, what honest ninja doesn't know how to vanish into a puff of smoke. Oh, excuse me, I mean what honest "assassin".
  • dimi3
    dimi3 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well the prob with the stats is the dex attributes in itself.....se dex only rises the range dmg, for an archer....tis the perfect choice(thats why i think btw an archer is the most easiest chara to play...but maybe tis just because i paled it for so long) so an assasin will have to put stats on str to get his dmg....unless the gms change the dex attribute and let it rise str too(of course not as much as an str attribute) hope u got what i meant^^...but even though i'm pretty exited....kinda can't wait anymore^^
  • ravenamber
    ravenamber Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    O.o...just wanted to post here...for some reason xD
    i haz de comments.
    1. :D i cant wait for the expansion..looks cool ^^
    2. although this would never happen...nor is it technically at all possible o_o if everyone went stealth in the home city at one time...and ur liyke...wai it so laggy..nobodys here :O...id lol. just sayin
    3. ill probley be spending all day just making a char when the expansion comes out...depending on how the customazations go XD im very picky :<
    4. did ppl srsly have an argument worth 2 pages of bak and forth o_o...
    5. mermaids r de epix :3 i think that the idea of having them transform in water was spiffy (ilove tht word LOL cant believe i was able to use it o.o)
  • Diskus - Sanctuary
    Diskus - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dimi3 wrote: »
    well the prob with the stats is the dex attributes in itself.....se dex only rises the range dmg, for an archer....tis the perfect choice(thats why i think btw an archer is the most easiest chara to play...but maybe tis just because i paled it for so long) so an assasin will have to put stats on str to get his dmg....unless the gms change the dex attribute and let it rise str too(of course not as much as an str attribute) hope u got what i meant^^...but even though i'm pretty exited....kinda can't wait anymore^^

Easiest solution is to make dex count for dagger damage also, like in most other games. Especially as sins are squishy little things that live or die by their crits. If damage is str based, then the only difference between a BM and a sin would be the wings. b:sad
  • dimi3
    dimi3 Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    hey thats a good point....now i'm almost certain they will make it count for dagger....otherwise i could make a bm as u said^^
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If damage is str based, then the only difference between a BM and a sin would be the wings. b:sad

Sounds like it will be a Fist Bm build but with better skills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EscapeDefeat - Harshlands
    EscapeDefeat - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    :) Yayyy! :) Can't wait! :) b:laugh
  • screwnickslol
    screwnickslol Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    its stated on the expansion site, that the sins will use daggers, and the daggers are based on dex

/discussion
  • Sanagah - Sanctuary
    Sanagah - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i'm pretty sure it is going to be a whole lot like the archer: mainly dex for weapons and damage.

Edit: NINJA'D...damn
  • eag1ez
    eag1ez Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Rising Tide
    (To Be Released 3 Dec, 2009)[4]

New Race: Tideborn
    New Classes: Psychic, Assassin, and Shaman
    More than 2000 new quests
    Improved UI
    Addon system
    Closed battlegrounds
    New Poo system b:angryb:angry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World#Rising_Tide
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    eag1ez wrote: »
    Rising Tide
    (To Be Released 3 Dec, 2009)[4]

New Race: Tideborn
    New Classes: Psychic, Assassin, and Shaman
    More than 2000 new quests
    Improved UI
    Addon system
    Closed battlegrounds
    New Poo system b:angryb:angry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World#Rising_Tide
    did you bother checking the source?

"The Tideborn emerge from the sea on December 9rd. Like the other races in PWI, the Tideborn start in their own unique area where they stay separated from the others for the first 19 levels. At 20, the races merge."

"Rising Tide launches in China on November 27th, and as of now, is slated for a December 9th release in North America."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakiara - Harshlands
    Sakiara - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    dimi3 wrote: »

But sin's won't get their dmg by putting points in str, they'll get it by putting points in dex, like Archer, although they are a melee and not a range class. (So u might be able to even use bows too for some range and when the enemy comes near u use ur daggers)
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I posted the source (on wikipedia) as well as the date stated by the source (which, as quoted above by Xeian, says Dec. 9th) not that long ago. I have edited the clearly wrong information that someone put there. For the record, it now says this:

(To Be Released 9 Dec, 2009)[4]

* New Race: Tideborn
    * New Classes: Psychic, Assassin
    * More than 200 new quests
    * New Re-casting system
    * Account bank
    * Map expansion
    * New territories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver
    PlayBoyRose - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I posted the source (on wikipedia) as well as the date stated by the source (which, as quoted above by Xeian, says Dec. 9th) not that long ago. I have edited the clearly wrong information that someone put there. For the record, it now says this:

(To Be Released 9 Dec, 2009)[4]

* New Race: Tideborn
    * New Classes: Psychic, Assassin
    * More than 200 new quests
    * New Re-casting system
    * Account bank
    * Map expansion
    * New territories
    The date has changed on Wikipedia 3 TIMES TODAY! Im so tired of rumors. It annoys me -_-. srry b:surrender
    xD. But it has. This morning it said Dec 2009 Than Dec 3rd Than Dec .
    Unless the PERFECT WORLD website says it. Its fake -_-. ( Quote Not Directed At Showboat)
    If your a tideborn, and life gets you down b:shedtear
    You know what u do???? b:puzzled-->[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    not fake, just "unofficial."

The closest one to being trustworthy is what the source says, which is December 9th, 2009, which is what I put on wikipedia.

In order to be more in-line with what is confirmed, it should read "confirmed to attempt to be released the first few weeks of December" with a reference to this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kismeta - Dreamweaver
    Kismeta - Dreamweaver Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Does everyone die on the fourth day? b:sadb:shocked

YES everyone dies after 3 days.... b:shocked

Also... everyones saying stuff like it coming out near they're birthday... my birthdays not until June which makes me feel very left out... not that I'm saying it should be delayed though LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<- tyvm to ForsakenX for the sig, <3 ur work

Vanquish for life

Clerics are not your slaves, we do not exist to do your bidding. We also have names. Saying please does not take a lot of typing. I react very badly to being yelled at. Please do not do it.
    Its rather sad when people automatically assume you are a guy just because you are playing a veno....
    Live life to its fullest, learn from your mistakes, and most importantly, have fun. b:victory
  • Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver
    Trista_Zel - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I have a question. We know around the day it'll be released, but I'd like to know the time it'll be released. Is it going to be during a regular maintenance time or some time in the middle of the day or what?
    Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Also... everyones saying stuff like it coming out near they're birthday... my birthdays not until June which makes me feel very left out... not that I'm saying it should be delayed though LOL

Speaking of which...the expansion (if the current date of December 9th is correct) is coming out 2 days before my birthday! I be turning 20!! XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Valcorm - Harshlands
    Valcorm - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Woot woot this is gunna be awesome
  • Deadlock - Heavens Tear
    Deadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    First off i would not go to wikipedia to look for the release date. Cause it's not real anyone can put a day they "Think" it may come out but they have no clue so start finding your information else ware. I don't see the patch coming out this week at all. When they do release it it will be on the regular maintenance time witch are Tuesdays. so Take your pick... 8th-15th-22nd-and the 29th so witch day will it be who knows,But patients comes in handy.
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    First off i would not go to wikipedia to look for the release date. Cause it's not real anyone can put a day they "Think" it may come out but they have no clue so start finding your information else ware. I don't see the patch coming out this week at all. When they do release it it will be on the regular maintenance time witch are Tuesdays. so Take your pick... 8th-15th-22nd-and the 29th so witch day will it be who knows,But patients comes in handy.

Okay, first off, it's the NIGHT of the 8th, 15th, and 22nd, and maintenance usually would last past midnight. This means that we the players technically would not have access to the content until the 9th, 16th, or 23rd.

Secondly, Wikipedia is a place to put information found online and "should" have references. If there are no references, then don't believe it. The release date has a reference (albeit an unofficial one) that has the closest matching date to what the GM alluded to in the first post of this topic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arrow_King - Dreamweaver
    Arrow_King - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok first of WOHOOO!!! I can't wait for the expansion to be released, After I forgot my passwords and stuff I had to start over and it sucked but now i'm glad i didn't do much because as soon as this comes out i'm going Assassin!!!
  • XKiyoshi - Dreamweaver
    XKiyoshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I'm assuming its before winter break but thats just me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eag1ez
    eag1ez Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    will it get released in the uk at the same time as the north america b:shocked
This discussion has been closed.