Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I LOVE NEW FEMALE PIRATE OUTFIT!

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrystallynn - Sanctuary
    Chrystallynn - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I fail to see how gambling away our money is a "treat". Where are the real events? -_-" Jolly Jones coming back doesn't surprise me at all with the anniversary packs going away soon (Hopefully). I know the game needs money to run but it's lacking event gameplay. (Boring) So yippi! Have fun with those credit cards everyone! b:surrender
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I fail to see how gambling away our money is a "treat". Where are the real events? -_-" Jolly Jones coming back doesn't surprise me at all with the anniversary packs going away soon (Hopefully). I know the game needs money to run but it's lacking event gameplay. (Boring) So yippi! Have fun with those credit cards everyone! b:surrender

We'd prefer if you used coins, this event could be a sink if you do. As for "real events", if you have any ideas please post in the suggestions section. I'm always looking for game event ideas. Although I do have to work within certain constraints, any idea helpsb:victory
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    _River - Heavens Tear Posts: 834 Arc User
    edited October 2009

The treat is what we get for "gambling". We can get the Halloween mounts, we get pirate clothes (even if its for a week only). It may not be the event you're looking forward to... but like eatwithspoons said the Devs are focused on the Rising Tide.. can't say I blame them for not making a huge event for Halloween... Thought it would have been nice, however its understandable given what their big project is right now ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Question...will the fashion be available during the entire event, to pick up for a week whenever we'd like it? I'd like to pick it up right at the end of the event so I'm not wearing the same thing as everyone else, but it might mean "for a week" as in the quest disappears after a week. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • LloydAsplund - Sanctuary
    LloydAsplund - Sanctuary Posts: 3,899 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You guys shoulda just taken away the option of using GAs (dont even know why they changed the name of it). Make 100k the only option if you truly want it to be a "coin sink".
    Question...will the fashion be available during the entire event, to pick up for a week whenever we'd like it? I'd like to pick it up right at the end of the event so I'm not wearing the same thing as everyone else, but it might mean "for a week" as in the quest disappears after a week. b:surrender

It will probably last a week starting from one you pick up the set. Just like the santa set that they gave out.
    I was early taught to work as well as play,
    My life has been one long, happy holiday;
    Full of work and full of play-
    I dropped the worry on the way-
    And God was good to me everyday.
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Jones's blessing = Win.

100,000 coin / GS gamble thing again = Fail (Gold prices may soar even higher, at least until the aniversary packs are gone).

Free temporary clothes = Win.

Actually now that I think about it....since the GS (oka. GA) are worth about 250K - 300k+ because of the current gold prices, most would pay with 100,000 coins instead so the gold prices should stay about the same....or even decline. b:victory

But the clothes addition to the boutique will probably override that....
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    We'd prefer if you used coins, this event could be a sink if you do. As for "real events", if you have any ideas please post in the suggestions section. I'm always looking for game event ideas. Although I do have to work within certain constraints, any idea helpsb:victory

Wow... just wow... as said before... do you want us to use coins for the Gold prices go down? Make coins the only option... wow, genius huh?

And real events are usually mob related events. You can be creative there, tons of choices. Even pvp tournaments by lvl in special dungeons or whatever. It's not that hard really... Think about it 1 day... just came up with those in 2 mins.

Ow well, at least non CS players can have a chance at 100K... i guess thats good. And another good think is that u dont give more end-game items away. Because more of THAT would be epic.... so tyvm

b:bye
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    That would be savage! The issue is, our devs are focused primarily on the upcoming expansion, so creating a whole new instance would end up setting back the release date by weeks.
    Wow... just wow... as said before... do you want us to use coins for the Gold prices go down? Make coins the only option... wow, genius huh?

And real events are usually mob related events. You can be creative there, tons of choices. Even pvp tournaments by lvl in special dungeons or whatever. It's not that hard really... Think about it 1 day... just came up with those in 2 mins.

Ow well, at least non CS players can have a chance at 100K... i guess thats good. And another good think is that u dont give more end-game items away. Because more of THAT would be epic.... so tyvm

Methinks spoons answered why they didn't do that ^^;;
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For all those that told me Lunar Gold wasn't worth the hassle of farming... but now have the Nirvana versions... I laugh at you. Hypocrites.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So, let me get this straight. With these packs you can get the new ornaments, a flying mount or a land mount. But the packs have a "chance" to contain these items. What if we get super unlucky and don't get any of these? What else do they have inside?
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Jones Blessing is back omg b:shocked

TW will sure be very interesting for lvl 100 wizards b:chuckle
    I'm counting on getting 1 shot by pyrogram and gush 10000000 times b:cry
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Methinks spoons answered why they didn't do that ^^;;

So being focused on an expansion its an excuse to make more "events" like this... i still dont get it sorry. Two completely different things IMO. And lets wait for that expansion before talking about the awesomeness of it.
  • Signako - Heavens Tear
    Signako - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So being focused on an expansion its an excuse to make more "events" like this... i still dont get it sorry. One thing nothing to do with the other. And lets wait for that expansion before talking about the awesomeness of it.

You know, you don't have to take part in this event. Spoons said why it is the way it is, you can either be happy we have a event at all, or you can just ignore it and go on with playing the game. Either way Happy Halloween, and hope you have a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Knight is sworn to Valor. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the weak. His words speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked.
  • _River - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2009
    So being focused on an expansion its an excuse to make more "events" like this... i still dont get it sorry. One thing nothing to do with the other. And lets wait for that expansion before talking about the awesomeness of it.

Never said it was an excuse. I said he explained why they didn't make anything like a special instance. Personally, I like this event that's coming. It was like last years and I don't care that they copied it and reskinned the midnight. I still love the idea. If the gold prices go up... then they go up, there's nothing the GMs/Devs can do about greedy players in the game. The reason gold goes up is because of greed.

No one can do anything to stop it.

Keep in mind... last time there was a huge event.. everyone complained and people found a way to ruin it in game. So thank the fellow players for them not coming up with more spectacular events.

The event I'm referring to is the Valentine's Day event where people constantly lured Jewels to the rose garden, and more that found a way to make the event more unpleasant. And then there's the Easter event we had... I heard nothing but complaining from that one.

Just saying.... But anyways, thanks again PWI for this event :) I've been looking so forward to one and I'm glad its coming ^^
    _Jaysun_'s Wife
    Heaven's Tear--
    Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• forks89
    forks89 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So being focused on an expansion its an excuse to make more "events" like this... i still dont get it sorry. Two completely different things IMO. And lets wait for that expansion before talking about the awesomeness of it.

Maybe you should just not participate if you don't like it... this event will not make gold prices any worse than they are now in fact they might make it better... soooo quit QQing and bashing on them as they try to build together a big expansion and try to still give us events, even if they are repeats.
    Raging Tide Guild:resolvepwi.mmoguildsites.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kysay - Heavens Tear
    Kysay - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Last time I think you could pick it up whenever you want.
    BUT the fashion will become permanent Wednesday, so lots of people could be wearing it after event week, I will be for sure. That's what usually happens when new fashion come out.

Spoonz, can't we have some bigger pictures of the fashion? b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *Sigh*

No matter what kind of events happen...people are gonna QQ.

>>> Boutique Sales: Non-cash users complain about the insane coin/gold exchange rates. Well...anyone that DOESN'T have the millions and billions to spend on gold anyways...

>>> Mob Events: Lowbies are gonna complain when High-Levels KS them and don't give a *BLEEP*. After all...it's a competition right!? Every man for themselves! Just like a wraith attack. Oh...and the lag. OH the lag...fun fun fun!

Oh...and unless the drops are absolutely godly...the High-Levels are gonna complain more that it's a waste of time.

>>> Jolly Jones: "OMG IT'S NOT A REAL EVENT"

Seriously. Can't we just be happy that this one has something for EVERYONE? Even if you don't have the income for the packs/perma-fashion...everyone can appreciate making bodies hit the floor faster, right!? XD

Especially when you can do it while being sexeh. b:dirty
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    what's in the halloween armor, ornament, and weapon packs? i would lawl really hard if the "halloween gear" completely obliterated the anniversary pack gear. that would just be so freaking hilarious. then at the same time it would be hilarious in a "HAHAHAHAHA oh...oh...dam..." kind of way
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/17048

here is link what is in halloween boxes and chances of getting items, if chance to get item you want is to small then simply don't buy them, no one is forcing you to buy it

couldn't find trick or treat box in database yet
  • Myerling - Sanctuary
    Myerling - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    phew, if the packs are lvl 20 or higher then it doesn't seem so bad. go pwi!
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009

So I guess since you hate this event so much you wont be picking up your free fashion and blessing then ?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Never said it was an excuse. I said he explained why they didn't make anything like a special instance. Personally, I like this event that's coming. It was like last years and I don't care that they copied it and reskinned the midnight. I still love the idea. If the gold prices go up... then they go up, there's nothing the GMs/Devs can do about greedy players in the game. The reason gold goes up is because of greed.

No one can do anything to stop it.

Keep in mind... last time there was a huge event.. everyone complained and people found a way to ruin it in game. So thank the fellow players for them not coming up with more spectacular events.

The event I'm referring to is the Valentine's Day event where people constantly lured Jewels to the rose garden, and more that found a way to make the event more unpleasant. And then there's the Easter event we had... I heard nothing but complaining from that one.

Just saying.... But anyways, thanks again PWI for this event :) I've been looking so forward to one and I'm glad its coming ^^

+1 i agree here 100% i like the events no matter the odds the only one i did not like is the anniversary but i do like having these types of events and also the mob ones and the easter. xD so i say keep these coming and ty b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • MadamVixen - Heavens Tear
    MadamVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    YAY - you listened Spoons...Happy Halloween Eventing to all b:pleasedb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <3 Married to MasterLucian <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=ಢಿ.ಢಿ= <--- Foxy-Sauce-Face (Thx to **KonariRaiden** :D)
  • ydodo
    ydodo Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    1 guardian scroll costs 9 tokens ... I remember I bought a scroll a week ago for 60k or something, wasn't scroll priced at about 3 tokens before?

Can someone confirm that the token cost of guardian scroll has been adjusted for this event?
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If I have read your news post correctly, the event lasts exactly 7 days, so in essence we can only get one jones blessing?

It was probably created that way in case they decide to extend the event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009

SPOON FOR YOU and mayhaps darth?! ME WILL DUMP ALL ME COINS ME HAS AVAILABLE!!
    a mighty 190k b:surrender
    lols I can't even afford my skills but me will give toss it into the sink!

b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sralyn - Dreamweaver
    Sralyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So wait, what's the speed of the new Nightfall mount? Same as Midnight? b:puzzled
    We are not your slaves,
    We are not your babysitters,
    We are not your personal med-pack,
    We are Clerics, god dammit,
    And if your death means the survival of the squad as a whole,
    Well...I'll see you in hell...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    IM SO WEARING THE JONHS BLESSSSSSSSSSSSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND GET MY MOB killing quests done!!!!!!!!!! OMG So cool!! ALSO All of the greedy gold sellers will suck it up!!!!!! LOL 1 gold =280k all thanks to the 100k or 1 GA quest! Lawl............
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If I have read your news post correctly, the event lasts exactly 7 days, so in essence we can only get one jones blessing?

I know I'll be getting mine at the last possible minute if that's the case. Be nice to have a 30% power boost that the impatient majority don't. :p
  • Jolin - Dreamweaver
    Jolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hi, does any1 know what are the chances of getting various items out of the Trick or Treat Box?

thx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]