Anniversary Pack Discussion

Comments

• Akiyama - Dreamweaver
    Akiyama - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I just have a couple questions, and if you can't answer for losing your job, I understand. This is for all Mods and GMs.

What is YOUR personal opinion about what is being done? Do you like the packs, or are you against them? Please be honest with us.

The packs mostly disbalanced the game between people who use boutique and people who dont. Its funny I think the TT90s equips +3 my main have are quite good equips, them I see all those Lunar equips at +6, +7, +8 and I tottaly feel pissed.
  • Lightaine - Dreamweaver
    Lightaine - Dreamweaver Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    They are neccessitites if you want to participate in PvP.

Keyword want. Participating in PvP is a luxury.
    hai2u
  • HighlevelEA - Lost City
    HighlevelEA - Lost City Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    And why should it be? If a game is at the point where participating in PvP is a luxury then something is wrong
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    pretty sure someone on a pvp server don't have a choice. is not pooping out items when someone kills you a luxury too? what are you going to tell them? reroll in a pve server?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited November 2009
    Some of us enjoy the PvP aspect of the game, in fact, some of us joined this game just for the PvP aspect of the game. But now it's at the point where only the cash shoppers can compete in PvP due to prices of charms and dragon orbs
  • Nelanther - Lost City
    Nelanther - Lost City Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Respect is a funny thing. It takes so long to earn and can crumble so fast. We are never quick to admit that our time was in vain. We will get angry, we will complain, we will hold out hope that one day we will again be treated with the respect that we had once become accustomed to. But there comes a time when those feelings will fade. A time where the memory of being kicked, beaten, and spit upon stirs up an emotion that overtakes any memory of fair treatment. We all have a breaking point, and the only certainty anyone can count on is that one day your number will come up. Whether it be time or money, by no fault of our own, we as customers will lose.

This is no longer about Gold prices, the giving away of endgame equipment, or unrealized promises. It has now turned into a bizarre experiment. Twisted minds trying to see how far they can push before killing their own creation. In time, PWI will either be remembered as a poor business model or a great idea lead by incompetent people. Either way, PWI has chosen to fade without dignity. Deceiving its player base into losing literally thousands of dollars under the guise that Perfect World has any sort of future.

It is no secret that the vast majority of players are unhappy with the way our servers are being ran. I speak for everyone that has had their hopes destroyed when I say… Go take a long walk off a short pier PWI.
    edited November 2009
    pretty sure someone on a pvp server don't have a choice. is not pooping out items when someone kills you a luxury too? what are you going to tell them? reroll in a pve server?

That can be done for free, Safety Lock. But yes, I would tell them to reroll.

And God Bless America, these things aren't impossible to get now. They're just more expensive so you'll have to WORK FOR THEM.

Cash Shoppers have the advantage, THAT'S THE POINT. Yes, you might not compete with the top spenders, but I enjoy PvP with TT90 Green +3, and I daresay I do just fine looking at the rankings.

Go run a TT, you'll raise money, so then you can buy a charm and then blow it all on PvP.
    hai2u
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Why, oh why, are the packs back again?

GMs, please note the recent update for the upcoming expansion has reset our boutique back to when the Halloween fashion was announced, but packs were not taken out the boutique. And if it's possible, please get rid of them. For good this time? =D

I won't lie, I made a profit from selling gold. I won't pretend I did not use this event to my own benefit. I've got a bunch of flawless, some immaculate, a Frostcovered bow for when I hit 85 and I'm still making some good money. But that doesn't mean I am happy with these packs, nor was happy with them returning in the first place.

Please for the love of all things holy get rid of these things. (Or did the devs reset the boutique back to the time anniversary packs were in the cash shop on purpose?... Hmm.... Please note, that was aimed at the devs, not our GMs. ;D )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    I completely agree with you although I would like to point out this thread will get locked and you will probably get banned.

They don't care about us, ever. They release packs, they ask us for our opinions. We tell them what we think, we give them suggestions, etc.

What happens?

2 Weeks later they completely disregard anything that any member of the community has said and the re-release the packs. Again they ask for our "opinions" but they don't want them. They haven't listened to a word anyone has said.

That can be done for free, Safety Lock. But yes, I would tell them to reroll.

And God Bless America, these things aren't impossible to get now. They're just more expensive so you'll have to WORK FOR THEM.

Cash Shoppers have the advantage, THAT'S THE POINT. Yes, you might not compete with the top spenders, but I enjoy PvP with TT90 Green +3, and I daresay I do just fine looking at the rankings.

Go run a TT, you'll raise money, so then you can buy a charm and then blow it all on PvP.

Work for them? Mate we've all been working for them before. But it comes a time when the prices are just too high to be obtained when needed. A gold charm used to cost 500k. If I wanted I could go mat farm for a day and I would be able to get a charm. But now? I better set aside an entire week if I want to be able to get my bow to +3.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    It has now turned into a bizarre experiment. Twisted minds trying to see how far they can push before killing their own creation.

QFT, at least someone realizes it.
  • _Myrddin_ - Harshlands
    _Myrddin_ - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    time to mass quit PWI
    we customers have the power to destroy everything, cuz we are everything.
  • Bagoly_ - Sanctuary
    Bagoly_ - Sanctuary Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2009

Those items cost more per month, than the monthly fee of a p2p game.
    PvP in PWI is a luxury (since those items aren't affordable for the average non-cashshoper) compared to PvP in other games even if it's a p2p game.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I completely agree with you although I would like to point out this thread will get locked and you will probably get banned.

They don't care about us, ever. They release packs, they ask us for our opinions. We tell them what we think, we give them suggestions, etc.

What happens?

2 Weeks later they completely disregard anything that any member of the community has said and the re-release the packs. Again they ask for our "opinions" but they don't want them. They haven't listened to a word anyone has said.

I have nothing against our GMs, or our moderators. They have to deal with a lot of complaints - an awful lot and by now if I was them I would have shot somebody - and they do not control what goes in and what goes out of PW. I refuse to shoot the messengers because they do a damned good job and they try very hard to keep the player base as happy as possible without putting themselves into the firing range too much. I have a lot of respect for those people.

The devs however - those people behind the magical curtain... >> Well yeah, we won't go there. xD

However, the lack of response to the player base given by the devs - not the GMs as I feel they've done very well at responding where they can, anyway - is incredibly annoying and is a kick in the teeth for everybody who speaks on this issue. -.-

And the sad thing is, even if 99% of the population of PW ragequit to make a statement, the 1% who would still play are the same 1% of players who brought the packs back in the first place. PW wouldn't lose out if 99% of the player base quit the game, they'd be happy with the 1% of huge money spenders who bring in their money anyway. ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2009
    Work for them? Mate we've all been working for them before. But it comes a time when the prices are just too high to be obtained when needed. A gold charm used to cost 500k. If I wanted I could go mat farm for a day and I would be able to get a charm. But now? I better set aside an entire week if I want to be able to get my bow to +3.

Well then, you'd better start now then.
    hai2u
    edited November 2009
    But why should I have to?

That's the point I'm trying to make, there is no reason why getting charms and dragon orbs takes me 10x longer than it used to. It shouldn't be that a +4 weapons is completely unreasonable.
    edited November 2009
    There is a reason. Gold buyers. Greedy gold buyers setting the gold prices high for their own wants. Wants such as charms, +3 weapons, etc.
    hai2u
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    time to mass quit PWI
    we customers have the power to destroy everything, cuz we are everything.

This man speaks the truth. If customers boycott a store, guess what happens?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    PWI is a luxery. Mmo's in general are luxeries. What's with this mentality of "it's fine if we all scrape by and struggle away on very little, that's the way it should be". It's a freaking game. We're playing for fun and challenge and a break from reality. A game should be able to offer tons of cool items and gear and things to do and the chance to be, not the best, but at the very least awesome. Cash should just be for vanity, appearance, to show off. Not play god.

I don't know why some people here even play games tbh. I'm sure there's a few here who'd like gold to be more expensive, just to suffer a little more. Can't be getting too greedy now.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    The devs however - those people behind the magical curtain... >> Well yeah, we won't go there. xD

However, the lack of response to the player base given by the devs - not the GMs as I feel they've done very well at responding where they can, anyway - is incredibly annoying and is a kick in the teeth for everybody who speaks on this issue. -.-

The Devs lives in China, don't read this forums and probably don't know much english either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited November 2009
    This man speaks the truth. If customers boycott a store, guess what happens?

GL with organizing that.
    hai2u
  • Belkas - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    I don't know about everyone else, but I have a new found appreciation for P2P and console games.
  • Belkas - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    GL with organizing that.

No thank you.
  • Kiralsha - Heavens Tear
    Kiralsha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well, the Halloween event is over, they need to fill pockets somehow so the brought packs back again til the Thanksgiving Event..then after that they will bring packs back and call it X-mas Packs. Then New Years Packs, Then V-day packs. WTG guys....keep lying to us K?
  • Tjhourie - Sanctuary
    Tjhourie - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Rather then killing the game whit the anni packs that would only be here for an month? Fix the q of Halloweens pack?

Bleh, Making money to expands one`s game can be done in many ways. But this way it seems that you all want to loose customers.

• ValFera - Heavens Tear
    ValFera - Heavens Tear Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Well what time to the GMs come to work NOON, it has been almost and hours since they got into work if they are like normal people and work at 8:00 am but they have had no need to put out a message about the packs. Guess the players don't matter too them at all b:cry.

Oh well good thing my new game is arriving today from EA. time to use the bulk of my free time playing something new and exciting and not just gambling to try and survive.

Guess i should find out what state the servers are in and send an e-mail to the state attornry generals office and see what they have to say about the "gambling".
    Leader - Hikari LVL3 PVE Faction {Heavens Tear}

Hikari is the Light.
    RESPECT is part of the Light so when you show others respect you show them the light.
    TRUTH is part of the Light, so if you find deception put light on it for all to see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I don't know about everyone else, but I have a new found appreciation for P2P and console games.

Pretty much. I've even taken the money I would be putting into PWI into my Wii, instead. It's the same concept, anyway. Spend $20 to buy a card for Perfect World, or Spend $20 to buy my choice of games. The answer USED to be Perfect World. My Wii sat neglected in a corner, gathering dust. I actually had enough dust on that thing I could see it flaking off. Now it's nice and pretty, and my characters are gathering dust. I haven't logged in more than once in the last week. I spend more time on the forums.
    edited November 2009
    I WOULD be buying Bioshock 2 around this time but OH NO, someone had to delay it.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I'm personally waiting on Assassin's Creed 2. Just waiting on it to come out. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    so lemme get this strait, they put the ani packs in and messed up the ah for this patch. I can no longer afford to buy charms in this game, is it really their goal to make his a heavy cash shopper game, with only the people paying 20$ a week or more being able to play?
  • Belkas - Lost City
    edited November 2009
    Borderlands looks good as well.
This discussion has been closed.