Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Um BMs do have a damage over time skill...Draw Blood.
    We just never use it because the damage is weak, only good for the lowbie lvls.
    Also it isnt ranged..problem there.

READ QWENTOMEC READ~!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "but those skills are melee"
    My point was that barbs and bm have only melee DoT's which is kinda useless if the guy can just go invisible from afar and stroll up to you and smack your head from behind.
    Is your draw blood skill ranged? nope...
    what kind of idiot assassin waits to be in front of your face and then goes invisible?
    b:chuckle
    *but then again in other games i've played people still did that.
    b:shocked

@RezzErection
    Oh noes I can feel mah self fading already
    funny-kitty-playing-ninja.jpg <--- zmog invisible tideborn assassin!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LordPangu - Harshlands
    LordPangu - Harshlands Posts: 413 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    lol invisible is not a problem since u can still c the player name above his/her head, the problem is the one shot skill b:shocked
    Can u imagine that:
    level 30 assasin nub one shots a level 100 human/untamed/winged elve and then says "gtfo nub" b:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    i didn't say it was. maybe you should R-E-A-D

um did u even READ O_O

its a general statement to those sayin that venos were op >.>

edit: i dont think u will be able to see the chars name XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Cant - Dreamweaver
    Cant - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    READ QWENTOMEC READ~!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "but those skills are melee"
    My point was that barbs and bm have only melee DoT's which is kinda useless if the guy can just go invisible from afar and stroll up to you and smack your head from behind.
    Is your draw blood skill ranged? nope...
    what kind of idiot assassin waits to be in front of your face and then goes invisible?
    b:chuckle
    *but then again in other games i've played people still did that.
    b:shocked

@RezzErection
    Oh noes I can feel mah self fading already
    funny-kitty-playing-ninja.jpg <--- zmog invisible tideborn assassin!

bm and barb both can increase their own speed....Sins are melee... when you get attacked by something in this game you automaticly target it. The advantage to every sin class in every game is being able to get the first hit.. after that they usually fall.. fast.
    but again, we dont even know whats true or what is not with this class.. so going nuts over it at this point.. is well pointless.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Lol!! Finally .. you can stop complaining about Venos and concentrate all your Craying in why this new class is OP ..lol 1 shot ur dead LolZ!!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    bm and barb both can increase their own speed....Sins are melee... when you get attacked by something in this game you automaticly target it. The advantage to every sin class in every game is being able to get the first hit.. after that they usually fall.. fast.
    but again, we dont even know whats true or what is not with this class.. so going nuts over it at this point.. is well pointless.

*cough* running fast has no effect on the other guy going invisible...
    BM: zmog I can run at +15 m/s
    assassin: **poof* goes invisible* What Now?????
    BM: b:shocked I has no target QQ~. *gets stabbed in the back.*

lol but that instant kill move seems soooo over powered.
    b:surrender

My alt in (game refered to by 3 letters) was a rogue. Basically nearly nothing ever got me (I got everyone else. except those dam warlocks with their invis detection pets) since most people even with detection skills are too ignorant to see whats coming at them from behind or the sides.
    weoot facemelter FTW~ (>.<)'
    and then mage comes a close second.

But lol if whats his face said is true that you can still see their name above their head. Then tideborn are going to be underpowered as heck. lol just send in an archer or wizard and blast the heck out of them before they reach you. xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    vbarbie wrote: »
    Lol!! Finally .. you can stop complaining about Venos and concentrate all your Craying in why this new class is OP ..lol 1 shot ur dead LolZ!!

1 shot would be perfect for Bosses. Especially world bosses.b:victoryb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    o_o world bosses 1 shot= lvl 100 skills YESH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Psychics get to use shiny ballsb:laugh!

I was right, Tideborns have a skill to turn into mermaids!

Cant wait for dragon palace..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
    edited October 2009
    Also If they will be OP, they dev. change it. Because They would loose to many players. If game is unbalanced it became boring and conclusion is player leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Yesh Underwater Tw Ftw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Coraline - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Also If they will be OP, they dev. change it. Because They would loose to many players. If game is unbalanced it became boring and conclusion is player leaving.

No they wont...they still haven't fixed things that are already op *cough*bleed*cough* sooo yeah...only a genie skill that doesn't match the rate bleed can be used so...yeah...

Well..on another hand..you dont have to pay for these classes or buy anything...so idk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    wat she said XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Also If they will be OP, they dev. change it.

Like flesh ream on nix's ? (not a dig btw or trying to start age old debate, but just to point out there is not guarantee anything OP would be changed)

Looks like all classes but clerics have something to be worried about..

HP buff : major plus for Bm's being able to tank...
    Decrease max hp by 25% : alot better than the archers version
    Control creatures: depending how it works Ie: Just for a limited time or a like a veno pet

etc etc

Seems like they kinda put a mix of the 5/6 of the current classes into 2
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    No they wont...they still haven't fixed things that are already op *cough*bleed*cough* sooo yeah...only a genie skill that doesn't match the rate bleed can be used so...yeah...

Well..on another hand..you dont have to pay for these classes or buy anything...so idk

more player was gonna leave / stop buying nixes when they fixed for a bit in china. was actually fixed for a bit.

atleast i hope the 5% chance for insant kill get taken off. if a lvl 1 gonan be able to 1-shot me.. then this is screwed
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    THIS IS HOW ITS GONNA LOOK LIKE when the new classes come out QQ( found the image )

TOMANY.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My guess is that this ''instant death'' is a little exaggerated and just means a chance to land a huge critical hit (which would still be pretty awesome thoughb:laugh)

...or I could be wrong and we will soon see squads of lv20 assassins killing world bossesb:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cant - Dreamweaver
    Cant - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    *cough* running fast has no effect on the other guy going invisible...
    BM: zmog I can run at +15 m/s
    assassin: **poof* goes invisible* What Now?????
    BM: b:shocked I has no target QQ~. *gets stabbed in the back.*

lol but that instant kill move seems soooo over powered.
    b:surrender

My alt in (game refered to by 3 letters) was a rogue. Basically nearly nothing ever got me (I got everyone else. except those dam warlocks with their invis detection pets) since most people even with detection skills are too ignorant to see whats coming at them from behind or the sides.
    weoot facemelter FTW~ (>.<)'
    and then mage comes a close second.

But lol if whats his face said is true that you can still see their name above their head. Then tideborn are going to be underpowered as heck. lol just send in an archer or wizard and blast the heck out of them before they reach you. xD

i'm finding it hard to beleive that you can still see the name.. unless they are in the same squad.

my favorite sin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjKwANKa_Y
    edited October 2009
    I'm pretty sure if they would be OP they will change it. Same happen to genie. It just take time. They cannot ignore thousands complains. If would they ignored player would leaving = less money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    i DOUBT ull be able to see the name XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So this Stealthily is what the GM's have been using all this time?b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    NOW HAS A POINT o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    to those worried about the insane damage potential and the cloaking...

think about it...

sins will have a new class-specific weapon that their skills are dependant on: dagger (or whip, as was shown in another thread as probable)

dagger-class(or whip-class) weaps will be melee, but instead of getting their damage from strength like all other melee weapons, dagger(or whip) damage is based on dexterity, and also will have a very low base damage like claw/fist weaps (but wont have a high atk rate like claw/fist)

therefore, sins will need to have high dex for their weap, which means they will be forced to use LA. now here's the where it gets juicy:

LA armor needs (STR/DEX= Level+4). so think about this. LA armor + dex-based weap = 1 str, 3 dex, 1 free point per level.

sins probably will only get 10-12 hp per vit point.

they will be squishy like archers, and have lowish hp like archers. but will be melee. squishies in melee = dead squishies, period

so, yea, they come in cloaked and hit you for 3/4 of your hp. oh well, your charm ticks, they decloak, and you 1-2shot them b:laugh

also, about aoe's being useless against them.... aoe's are targeted yes, but still hit everything within the aoe range regardless if targeted or not. so sins will have to time their movements based on the PC's aoe usage

strategic mind + sin = pwnage

plus, dont forget, while cloaked, they have a speed debuff

meh, i think i've said enough for now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    alexeno is here

>.>
    <.<
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    >.<
    <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    alexeno is here

>.>
    <.<
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    >.<
    <_>

and wth is that supposed to mean <_<'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Coraline - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    so basically get the jump on them and you will be fine?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol what?
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    and wth is that supposed to mean <_<'

it means i can forum troll/dom with u :P b:laughb:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    so basically get the jump on them and you will be fine?

i'm basing my prediction on the only logical way that the skills could have modifiers that high lol
    it means i can forum troll/dom with u :P

riiiiight...

anways, i gotta watch the movie before i get lost again <_<;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Coraline - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    i'm basing my prediction on the only logical way that the skills could have modifiers that high lol
    It makes senseb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol what?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    KORREN b:angry WTF!

why'd you delete the descriptions for the skills dammit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.