Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Options

Comments

• EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Was there ever anything that said current classes weren't getting new skills?
    I remember reading somthing saying "new areas, new skills, NEW CLASSES" maybe this is their time to redem bm and mage? Like in another game 1 race had "stealth" another had a skill that could uncover them. Also would be a good time to bring untamed swimming mastery back? No reason not to bring it back sense now there might be more pvp/pk in the water areas.

Edit anyways its 5 am and I might just be dreaming about the new skills, but it would make sense , seeing as everyone was already B****ing about unbalenced game.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I want to see a REAL tideborn.

All the pictures on the OP are just concept art. Ive seen all the things in the tideborn area pictures (i went in there) and they are way different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    what about landing DoTs before the sin goes invisible? very possible that it will not allow the cloaking skills to stay active.

Barbs + BM = pretty much no DoT to counter against em. (X_x)' yar barbs have flesh ream but those skills are melee... also do clerics even have a DoT? only archers, wizards, and venos have viable DoTs X_x'

assassin: VWOOP *goes invisible*
    Barb/bm: wtf h4xors~ *gets hit from behind 15% chance to insta kill ticks. QQ~
    20080404-lolcats-speakers-eye-2-nightmares.jpg <--tideborn assassin. D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abinash - Harshlands
    Abinash - Harshlands Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OMG OMG

atlast a class who can kill NIXES.

I will be an Assassin but Psychic LOOKS so KOOL

i can't wait anymore QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well, I don't mind much since I'll be pretty much out of the game before they appears, but from what I can see, many skills are boosted duplicates of skill already in the game.

I hope some of them will be toned down, or that the existing ones for the actual races will be boosted to somewhat balance things. Otherwise I can see some seriously unbalanced skills already...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ugh.. "at last a class who can kill nixes" Are you fricking serious?

I've duelled/pvped heaps of players, different classes that have killed my nix >_>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'm sorry to say it humans but I think your race is going to be replaced

Not really, looking at the skills (if they are real) then I would imagine Wiz and Archers being replaced in partys.

Maybe the 1 hit kill only works on pets b:chuckle
  • jokerxdude
    jokerxdude Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Surfboards and clams?b:scorn

Behold! The Tideborn flying mount.

12065787771480731525wor.png

b:dirty

But something tells me they're going to make it not similar as the other races. Random ice skates and waterblades
    Idk if the first post's information is correct but:

WTF? Where is untameds' swimming mastery?b:angry

That's why they put N/A. A big FU to venomancers. Sorry +Gives you a cookie+
    Not really, looking at the skills (if they are real) then I would imagine Wiz and Archers being replaced in partys.

Psh, I'm more valuable than a blademaster and have a better buff than a sparkly waterball. DD fo Life cuz...

B****es Don't Know About My Crits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Why So Stupid?

Want a darker race? A race fighting for their humanity?
    Go here
    > pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132 You know you want to.

Anime! Anime! Oh PW Anime!
    Coming Soon...
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Definitely making a psychic alt. b:victory

Assassins look cool but I'm not a melee type of person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Bollocks - Dreamweaver
    Bollocks - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Going for both b:chuckle
    I wish a day had more then 24 hours b:shocked
    edited October 2009
    Options
    They just need to make it so scarlet fruit and oracles dont work with the Tideborn and all be great b:shutup
  • Qwentomec - Heavens Tear
    Qwentomec - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Barbs + BM = pretty much no DoT to counter against em. (X_x)' yar barbs have flesh ream but those skills are melee... also do clerics even have a DoT? only archers, wizards, and venos have viable DoTs X_x'

assassin: VWOOP *goes invisible*
    Barb/bm: wtf h4xors~ *gets hit from behind 15% chance to insta kill ticks. QQ~

Um BMs do have a damage over time skill...Draw Blood.
    We just never use it because the damage is weak, only good for the lowbie lvls.
    Also it isnt ranged..problem there.

Now if draw blood went up to the level of a nix flesh ream.......b:mischievous

Veno: OMG BMS ARE SO OVERPOWERED NERF THEM RAWR RAWR RAWR b:angryb:angryb:angry
    Dev: *drools* Yes master, we live to obey you oh mighty credit card wielder
    you thilly gooses... feather set is thuper fabulous! -Bowlinbob

Chars:
    Qwentomec 94 BM / _Zappy_ 99 Wizzy / xLysander 6x Cleric / MoneyBagz 5x Veno / BaNaNa 3x Barb / _Flappy_ 2x Archer / xKnifey 2x Sin / Spoo_Ney 3x Psy

(cookie for anyone who gets the simpsons reference in those last 2 names)
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Ugh.. "at last a class who can kill nixes" Are you fricking serious?

I've duelled/pvped heaps of players, different classes that have killed my nix >_>;

Now, now, Rei. Calm down a bit. I think they mean "A class that can kill nixes without any problem whatsoever, that way Venos can QQ about something too."

You know how people are here. Unless they can click on something, and kill it without thinking, it's too hard. That thing called... Oh, what's the name.... Starts with "s"... OH! Strategy! It eludes people here. So all the people that don't have it assume that whatever it is they can't do must be impossible. It's the same reason they call you a noob, the same reason they think Wizards are useless, and the same reason they assume Venos are nothing without pets, clerics are healing slaves for barbs, etc, etc, etc. Just smile, nod, and wait for the expansion. Then send your nix to nom on the supposed "Nix Killers", and laugh. b:chuckle
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Now, now, Rei. Calm down a bit. I think they mean "A class that can kill nixes without any problem whatsoever, that way Venos can QQ about something too."

You know how people are here. Unless they can click on something, and kill it without thinking, it's too hard. That thing called... Oh, what's the name.... Starts with "s"... OH! Strategy! It eludes people here. So all the people that don't have it assume that whatever it is they can't do must be impossible. It's the same reason they call you a noob, the same reason they think Wizards are useless, and the same reason they assume Venos are nothing without pets, clerics are healing slaves for barbs, etc, etc, etc. Just smile, nod, and wait for the expansion. Then send your nix to nom on the supposed "Nix Killers", and laugh. b:chuckle

True but the nix is the pet of veno's with no strategy, so kinda works both ways...

(more scared of veno's who fight without a pet than those with, since the former have learnt how to play their class)
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Yet again confirms my decision to roll a psychic!

reduce max hp 25%... AOE purge type skill...

People run to assassin because of fast dmg...

the psychic to me sounds like debuff, debuff... DEAD

That has much more of a draw to me than a silly 5% chance to insta kill (which i bet won't work in pvp)
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I BET it will work in PvP xD.........................................

i think the psy will have a hard time at early lvls like wizzes XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    Silver - Dreamweaver Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    *cough* i call Marshall XD,
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i think the psy will have a hard time at early lvls like wizzes XD

Early levels? b:shocked
    You mean those that most rich cash shoppers will skip with scarlet fruit and oracles? lol

Im so gonna try psychic :3 Dark magician b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    O ya and if this is correct, MY predictions were not off by much AT ALL :). that makes meh pretty happy, IF u wanna read it here it is

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=398742
    Most Ironic phrase in the English language is Common Sense, its easiest concept to understand yet few people ever grasp it.

~Silver
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    u mean modo >.> = dark magician
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lmao Modo did have it hard. Go 2 middle of DOom Bog at lvl 15, lmao which raises the questions, How many deaths did it take 2 finish the Quest in Doom Bog XD

~Silver
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wat O_O i made it in my frist try XD

FIRST MODO FTW b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    lmao i loved it when i was bottin on my Jadeon lookin at people die when they talk 2 the dude, then mob comes and kills them...Ahh good times XD

~Silver
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    there was NO1 in DOOM bog when i was there b:chuckle

ON TOPIC: PSY FTW me <3 Modo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    xD was no one is Skysong when i got there XD, then i got bored and played Cabal online XD

~Silver
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    xD was no one is Skysong when i got there XD, then i got bored and played Cabal online XD

dont mention other games that are not from PWE >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Silver - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why not hah, if it makes yah feel better that game sucked XD

~Silver
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    >.> just wait till a gm gets hold of that post >.>

on topic: WHICH are U gonna pick >.>

i might pick a azzazin
    idk @_@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OMG. If it true it will be catastrophe. They are VERY overpowered, which mean absolutely NO balance in game. I'm really angry.b:angryb:angry I knew it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    edited October 2009
    Options
    OMFG if u think they're OP JOIN their OPness b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~RedsRose
This discussion has been closed.