Tideborn - Tale of Mermaid news

Options

Comments

• Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear
    Cernunnosx - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    What would be nice but I cant in this World see it happening is :

In the video the Tideborn seem to have been tainted, one skill states they can control Wraith mobs (maybe), so maybe they will be unable to squad with current classes and its more of a us V them update and PW takes its first baby steps into RvR

Be nice but sadly like I said cant see it happening b:cry
  • Korren - Lost City
    Korren - Lost City Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Removed all skills that were proved to be wrong.
    Added all skill names that can be found in the update patch.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    wow.. the sin is so unoriginal.
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    mm...i trust that it'll be balanced by the time the expansion comes upon us. after all, ppl were like BAWW while looking at genies preview but now it's kind of alright...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • bawksy
    bawksy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Removed all skills that were proved to be wrong.
    Added all skill names that can be found in the update patch.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

booo I like the unedited version better gave us reasons to QQ about b:cry
    inb4 Alexeno

ಠೈಠ Troll-sauce-face made by Konariraiden
    When you see it.. Just don't post again.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i'm finding it hard to beleive that you can still see the name.. unless they are in the same squad.

my favorite sin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjKwANKa_Y

Agreed.
    Thats why I found the other post strange.
    b:chuckle

LOL RAPPELZ I used to play that game!
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AkioHikaru - Sanctuary
    AkioHikaru - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'll defiantly play both classes, primarily Psychic.

Those thinking the Assassin will OP most likely are setting themselves up for a serious let down. I'm thinking it will be like this:

Assassin will select a target and turn invisibility on. He/she sneaks up to said target expecting to get easy kill. Target has invisibility mod and easily kills the assassin.

Sadly, nearly every game I've played has had these mods (undetected by game guard) and ruined the assassin type classes.

Hopefully PWI will be active and making sure this doesn't happen. Then again half of the cat shops in Arch are multi-clients.

I'm not sure if this can be prevented by making it server sided..I'm thinking it will be client sided (as in most games)

Any developers reading this would be best to look into this possible situation now than later..or else you'll have lots of pissed off players.
  • natedog97
    natedog97 Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Well I am more interested in psychic so here is my take on the skills based on their name.

life bubble - Minor heal (faster than wiz but not as good as cleric)

freeze - Locks enemies in place (similar to archers aim low)

amplify damage - Name pretty much says it all. Will prob be one of the better skills for the class.

regeneration suppress - Trades all HP/MP regeneration for boost in a stat (maybe def)

earth spirit - Attacking spell, summons "spirit" to do attack.

earth collapse - Attacking spell... sounds similar to mt. seige

increase atk reduce def

increase def reduce atk

both of those are self explanitory

soul of vengeance - reflect/seal/interrupt (stolen from Korren's translations)

sand blow - another earth attack

enemy's tactics
    - replecates next enemy's skill (only pvp)

will of psychic - not too sure on this one.... maybe control wraith creatures for a time or all element/ physical attack or a purge type skill

riptide - Water based attack

waterfall - Water based attack

magic impact - debuff that

bramble aura - reflection skill

magical shield - use magic powers to absorb dmg.

sacrifice - kill yourself to rez another great to save a party if the cleric goes down.

Thanks Korren for all the translations!
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    "sacrifice - kill yourself to rez another great to save a party if the cleric goes down."

does that mean you lose exp instead of them? b:shocked

lol psychic sounds more like a cross between a wizard and a cleric.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I'll defiantly play both classes, primarily Psychic.

Those thinking the Assassin will OP most likely are setting themselves up for a serious let down. I'm thinking it will be like this:

Assassin will select a target and turn invisibility on. He/she sneaks up to said target expecting to get easy kill. Target has invisibility mod and easily kills the assassin.

Sadly, nearly every game I've played has had these mods (undetected by game guard) and ruined the assassin type classes.

Hopefully PWI will be active and making sure this doesn't happen. Then again half of the cat shops in Arch are multi-clients.

I'm not sure if this can be prevented by making it server sided..I'm thinking it will be client sided (as in most games)

Any developers reading this would be best to look into this possible situation now than later..or else you'll have lots of pissed off players.

honestly, i could care less if people use anti-cloak mods. i don't really pvp, so wouldn't affect me much (even tho i'm a TW fanatic, i still really wouldn't care lol) i like the cloaking for the PvE aspect... especially if it would allow me to just casually walk past mobs XD

another thing i realized: for the cloaking. will most likely FORCE walking mode (you naturally start in running mode, but can switch to walking mode by pressing "E" then clicking "Walk/Run"). forcing walk mode and debuffing speed would mean even with speed buffs, would still move slow. would definitely help balance the fact that you're invisible
    natedog97 wrote: »
    Well I am more interested in psychic so here is my take on the skills based on their name.

life bubble - Minor heal (faster than wiz but not as good as cleric)

freeze - Locks enemies in place (similar to archers aim low)

amplify damage - Name pretty much says it all. Will prob be one of the better skills for the class.

regeneration suppress - Trades all HP/MP regeneration for boost in a stat (maybe def)

earth spirit - Attacking spell, summons "spirit" to do attack.

earth collapse - Attacking spell... sounds similar to mt. seige

increase atk reduce def

increase def reduce atk

both of those are self explanitory

soul of vengeance - reflect/seal/interrupt (stolen from Korren's translations)

sand blow - another earth attack

enemy's tactics
    - replecates next enemy's skill (only pvp)

will of psychic - not too sure on this one.... maybe control wraith creatures for a time or all element/ physical attack or a purge type skill

riptide - Water based attack

waterfall - Water based attack

magic impact - debuff that

bramble aura - reflection skill

magical shield - use magic powers to absorb dmg.

sacrifice - kill yourself to rez another great to save a party if the cleric goes down.

Thanks Korren for all the translations!

thanks for giving your ideas, i gotta say, i see how they fit. if they give psy's the sacrifice and mob control skills as you and others predict, i'm rolling a psychic, period b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    "sacrifice - kill yourself to rez another great to save a party if the cleric goes down."

does that mean you lose exp instead of them? b:shocked

lol psychic sounds more like a cross between a wizard and a cleric.
    xD

Maybe upgrading the skill would give you less xp loss..

that coupled with a cleric rez = almost next to no xp loss.

Honestly after seeing all the skill names they sound like more of a cross between all the classes in certian aspects. Which is why if even half of the speculation is true... I will be rolling a psychic.
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    plus, dont forget, while cloaked, they have a speed debuff

meh, i think i've said enough for now

What worried me about that was that the invisibility skill said "-50% speed, -50% attack"

The next two skills raised movement speed and attack while invisible...b:surrender

But I doubt a lot of those were real anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    no aadi it said -50% speed, +50% attck LAWL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    no aadi it said -50% speed, +50% LAWL

Oh my. Well, that changes everything. b:chuckle

Regardless, I still trust the descriptions about as much as I trusted the speculation on our forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Maybe upgrading the skill would give you less xp loss..

that coupled with a cleric rez = almost next to no xp loss.

Honestly after seeing all the skill names they sound like more of a cross between all the classes in certian aspects. Which is why if even half of the speculation is true... I will be rolling a psychic.

sage/demon (lvl 11) cleric rez = 100% protection against exp loss b:cute
    What worried me about that was that the invisibility skill said "-50% speed, -50% attack"

The next two skills raised movement speed and attack while invisible...b:surrender

But I doubt a lot of those were real anyway.

i wouldn't doubt if they were all real. i also wouldnt doubt that the invisible move/atk buff only lasts a few seconds lol

another thing i wouldn't be suprised about is if they make the tideborn only available to players who have a character from the original three races that's over level X. like DKs (lvl 75[?] unlocks) or maniacs (lvl 100 unlocks)... not going to say which games those come from lol

both those lvlreq classes are hellishly OP, but the fact they require another character of uberlvl to unlock = less complaints (because they actually EARNED the right to play the OP class)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    sage/demon (lvl 11) cleric rez = 100% protection against exp loss b:cute

i wouldn't doubt if they were all real. i also wouldnt doubt that the invisible move/atk buff only lasts a few seconds lol

another thing i wouldn't be suprised about is if they make the tideborn only available to players who have a character from the original three races that's over level X. like DKs (lvl 75[?] unlocks) or maniacs (lvl 100 unlocks)... not going to say which games those come from lol

both those lvlreq classes are hellishly OP, but the fact they require another character of uberlvl to unlock = less complaints (because they actually EARNED the right to play the OP class)

That would be a very good idea..I like it a lot, but way too many people will qq about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    That would be a very good idea..I like it a lot, but way too many people will qq about it.

Well it would certainly reduce the inevitable KSing and infiQQ at the tideborn starting areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    i LUV that idea but i need to lvl a but QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options

of course they will... this wouldnt be pwi if the nubs didn't expect everything to be handed to them XP

but in all seriousness, i really hope the psys get to use pets and also get that skill to sac themselves to rez another...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    they cant really have it be an unlockable class...

nor would I want it to be.

I have high lvl alts on different accounts and servers. soooo how am I going to "verify" that I can unlock them.

And honestly I really doubt that they will be as OP as some people think it will be.

Another assumption I have from reading everything.

Assassins: Melee Archer which means no kiting ability same shatty defense... Sure they go invis but, if they don't one shot you they are dead. If you catch them off guard they are dead.

Psychics: Dark Wizard which means *more than likely* they will be weak as hell and hard to play at low lvls, but at high lvls be very powerful.

Both of the classes are, more or less already in the game. If the balance is off the devs will weaken or strengthen to balance them out.

I find if funny with all of the people QQing about how bad the balance is already. With ANY class you can kill ANY other class if you use strategy and tactics...

To that I say...

Less QQ more pew pew
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    edited October 2009
    Options
    they cant really have it be an unlockable class...

nor would I want it to be.

I have high lvl alts on different accounts and servers. soooo how am I going to "verify" that I can unlock them.

its not hard... lots of MMOs have classes that are unlocked by certain lvl milestones on your other characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Edeakyria - Sanctuary
    Edeakyria - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Why don't we wait until the skill descriptions are actually released? I'm just excited about turning into a mermaid, that's really all I care about. Everyone's whining about them being overpowered but you don't even know what they're going to be like yet. Just cool your jets b:laugh
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    The issue is the fact that I have different accounts for all of my mains so i can keep track of the amount of cash I dump into them.

The different accounts would be the issue. Not going server to server on the same account.

and as I explained I really doubt they will be strong enough to really make them a "goal" to unlock. If they decide to do that I will just roll a wizard and keep that as my main.
  • Edeakyria - Sanctuary
    Edeakyria - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Honestly, making them unlockable would put a lot of people off (myself included) and is a terrible idea. Good thing it's most likely not going to happen!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I believe I have found a leaked screenshot containing a TideBorn character!

MermaidMan.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    I believe I have found a leaked screenshot containing a TideBorn character!

MermaidMan.jpg

If that is true...

The class is no doubt way too strong!!!
  • rexberry
    rexberry Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    Hi guys.
    Just my 2 cents~

I think people are being overly optimistic about the insta-kill assassin skill. If you just use a little logic, it's easy to see that the skill most likely wont work in pvp.
    For example, if even stunning Qingzi isn't allowed, then I really doubt they would allow a skill that single-shots him. The idea of killing a lv 100 with this skill while you're level 30 is just way too far-fetched.

The whole invisibility aspect is interesting, but I wonder - do you guys think the assassin player's name will still be displayed above their character for other players? And what about on other players' radars?

Lastly, I think there's something on this list that really deserves some discussion but no one seems to be talking about it - Vampiric Aura? If anyone else here has played D2, you already know how powerful & important life leech is.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    No, we've already confirmed they look like this...

golduck.gif
  • natedog97
    edited October 2009
    Options
    b:laughb:laughb:chuckleb:chuckle

If only... if only!!
  • Dominatiger - Sanctuary
    Dominatiger - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Options
    LOL

assassins wont have the 5% one-shot in pvp or against bosses that is obvious!!!

Assassins will be fast killed when not invisible, HA will kill assassins since sins are LA.
    Assassins have been created to kill Venos, clerics, wizards, and maybe physics.

Archers, BMs and Barbs kill assassins prety easy.

Sorry guys... assassins wont be so OP (one-shot every class) like you guys were thinking.

One major fail I spot in the first pages:

level 30 assassins can one-shot level 100 players

/doublefacepalm^^
    Happy Sauce face

ಪ_ಪ
    Manufactured by Konariraiden
This discussion has been closed.