Scamming runs rampant=loss of players

Comments

• DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yea and while they are at it they can fix bugs too.........
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Lypiphera - Heavens Tear
    Lypiphera - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What the good people of pwi would like to say is...

Scamming is good. It should be very much so encouraged. Scammers are intelligent human beings and their victims are idiotic nubcakes who fully deserve punishment. If you are currently not trying to scam someone you're an idiot, please start scamming freely now. In a perfect world everyone would scam and no one would be trusted. Scam victims would be banned and locked away for their stupidity. GM's must NEVER do anything about this fair and wonderful marketing method. Also those complaining deserve to be banned and flamed and verbally abused until they never speak again. Kthxbai.

Sarcasm in text form... Pro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Another wall of text completed.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Scammers need to be lined up and shot with ban bullets. Taking advantage of others should be a no-no. *shakes head*
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • shlomo2
    shlomo2 Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    What the good people of pwi would like to say is...

Scamming is good. It should be very much so encouraged. Scammers are intelligent human beings and their victims are idiotic nubcakes who fully deserve punishment. If you are currently not trying to scam someone you're an idiot, please start scamming freely now. In a perfect world everyone would scam and no one would be trusted. Scam victims would be banned and locked away for their stupidity. GM's must NEVER do anything about this fair and wonderful marketing method. Also those complaining deserve to be banned and flamed and verbally abused until they never speak again. Kthxbai.

great point.

I also advocate in favour of the so-called scammer. Would PWE change the icons of the items it would never happen the way it did. How could you people blame a person just like you, also PW citizen while the true offender is PWE for allowing it and then using their agents to spread fear and opression to the very hearts of those who built this World?

You must be ashamed of being silent puppets and then blame your own kind for your own lack of strength.
    I'm King_Solomon, from Heaven's Tear server.

If you're willing to join another online game, do NOT join any game hosted by K2 NETWORK. Wanna know why? See BBB complaints.
  • Seraphe - Dreamweaver
    Seraphe - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I saw a rather interesting scammer just the other day. He was selling Mystical Fragments in two stacks. On Dreamweaver they sell for 20-25k each but he had them up for 10k a piece in the first stack & 100k in the second stack.

So I bought all the 10k ones & he closed down shop shortly afterward & I never saw him again... b:victory

Also while I am annoyed about the whole token thing but considering how common it is I was wondering... is it only a few that i scamming and the rest simply followed the crowd thinking it was market price?
  • Jer - Dreamweaver
    Jer - Dreamweaver Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    It's not Scamming It's Business
    PWI is Business,even in the game is Business
  • DarkSniper - Lost City
    DarkSniper - Lost City Posts: 1,830 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    PWI is srs bzness
    The only way to win is to quit. b:bye
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I don't think I would call most of what I have read here "scamming". Most of it is dishonest, and requires one to read the "fine print" very carefully, but those are lessons that everyone should learn at some point in their lives (The sooner, the better).

I do agree however, that Cat Shops are an incredibly inefficient way to sell items to other players. The Auction House would be ideal if it had a simpler way to search for items (By Name), was more easily accessible from many places on the map, and possibly if it had a longer auction period, different types of auctions and lower fees. As it is now, Cat Shops reward the enterprising "merchant" by limiting information and options.
  • XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver
    XanZerstorer - Dreamweaver Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Although I agree people should be careful and make sure they're getting what they're paying for and get information before making important expenses, can't help but think scammers are still pretty low, annoying, etc etc. >_>

Making the money from people who are lazy is where it's at, IMO. I can get money fast without scamming anyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Due to constant PMs: I'm not German, sorry folks D:
  • RawVeno - Sanctuary
    RawVeno - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Cat Shops reward the enterprising "merchant" by limiting information and options.

how is it limiting information? can't you see an item in a catshop just as it is in your inventory or anywhere else?
  • Alexeno - Sanctuary
    Alexeno - Sanctuary Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    how is it limiting information? can't you see an item in a catshop just as it is in your inventory or anywhere else?

yes

10characters
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Hell hath no fury like Alexeno trying to prove his point" -Mizuoni
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Listen, whenever you conduct a transaction with another human being, you ALWAYS check to make sure everything is going the way it is supposed to. ...

No, you don't, trust is used to make everyday transactions go smoothly. If I were to check everything, ask receits for everything whenever only implied or oral agreements exist then pretty soon people would stop doing transactions with me.

Oh and, PWI is partly responsible for this problem by reusing artwork. I am sure it saved them a lot of money initially, but when paying customers start to leave, it is costing them also.
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009

The information regarding the average prices of an item are not available in Cat Shop, as opposed to an Auction House based trading system. So in relation information in Cat Shops is limited.
  • turtlewax
    turtlewax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    And as for the **** victim analogy, wow. Just wow. I can't tell you how wrong that is.

You are misrepresenting the argument, a fallacy, a discussion technique that would indicate you've no real arguments.
    any anology where you use real-world situations will be flawed, due to the fact this is a game.

The comparable real world situation is in the reactions of people to the story of the victim, which is essentially to put the blame on the victim. People do that because they need to cling to their believe that they will be able to prevent being harmed in similar situations, they want to believe they are in control. So they have to believe the victim was in control.
    remember people, this is a GAME. anything that happens within the boundaries of the client is NOT REAL

This is not correct, the events the game-character experience may not real, but the interactions between the players are very real.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    There is a cash value on things in this game which is real. Seriously though, we are faced with scams all the time in rl and this game. There have been items in the cash shop that are poorly represented. There are skills and equips that aren't as advertised. Can they justify penalizing others with bans for doing the same thing?

Some people don't like crafting, so they get screwed on equips and ability. Some don't like mining so they have to pay for mats. Some aren't capable of TT, some can't do their FB's. If you suck at or don't like shopping from catshops: cease to shop there! There are plenty of people dealing with their dislikes or inabilities in this game.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    tweakz wrote: »
    There are plenty of people dealing with their dislikes or inabilities in this game.

After reading this topic it looks like a buncha players have the inability to not scam.b:surrender
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    Mavado - Harshlands Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    turtlewax wrote: »
    You are misrepresenting the argument, a fallacy, a discussion technique that would indicate you've no real arguments.

The comparable real world situation is in the reactions of people to the story of the victim, which is essentially to put the blame on the victim. People do that because they need to cling to their believe that they will be able to prevent being harmed in similar situations, they want to believe they are in control. So they have to believe the victim was in control.

This is not correct, the events the game-character experience may not real, but the interactions between the players are very real.

I love the way you quoted that post but not mine >_< I made good points.... but you chose to ignore mine, which also is at odds with yours....
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I totally agree with the general opinion that the majority of the forum-goers are arguing for, so that I seem cool as well. Yay conformity.

Also, Godwin's Law: PWI Version is now being invoked; Veno's are OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    That's like saying to a **** victim, why weren't you wearing a chastity belt.

No. lol. Getting "scammed" in-game is like ordering a Big Mac meal at a McDonald's but not checking the bag to make sure you got everything you ordered. Then 10 minutes later when you're stuck in traffic, you find out that your fries aren't in the bag... McDonald's french fries mmmmmmm...b:mischievous

Getting **** is like... imagine the next time your character died he/she dropped all his/her coins, charm(s), weapon, and pants/greaves; thereby leaving your poor character unable to walk upright or **** in front of people (and also w/out pants or dignity).

^ see that. Big difference.

/2cents lulz.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Scammers are the welfare recipients of PWI, they want something for nothing.

The people they scam are the hard workers who's tax dollars get used to feed, clothe and house useless pathetic fail human beings that should be executed and thrown into the ocean to feed the sharks but are not smart enough to insist that those useless pathetic fail human beings actually BE executed and thrown to the sharks.

Scammers, and their victims in my opinion should all be executed and thrown into the ocean to feed the sharks. Eliminate the stupid, and the weak at the same time. Win/Win situation.

~S
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    After reading this topic it looks like a buncha players have the inability to not scam.b:surrender

I don't scam, I just accept it as part of the game. It's not unavoidable.

Maybe they should remove auto-aggro from mobs, and dummy down the bosses too?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Scammers are the welfare recipients of PWI, they want something for nothing.

The people they scam are the hard workers who's tax dollars get used to feed, clothe and house useless pathetic fail human beings that should be executed and thrown into the ocean to feed the sharks but are not smart enough to insist that those useless pathetic fail human beings actually BE executed and thrown to the sharks.

Scammers, and their victims in my opinion should all be executed and thrown into the ocean to feed the sharks. Eliminate the stupid, and the weak at the same time. Win/Win situation.

~S

This.
    tweakz wrote: »
    I don't scam, I just accept it as part of the game. It's not unavoidable.

Maybe they should remove auto-aggro from mobs, and dummy down the bosses too?

And maybe this do. I do love playin' on Easy Street.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Miseri - Dreamweaver
    Miseri - Dreamweaver Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    not sure how this is spelled but

CAVET EMPOR

BUYER BEWARE

Dont go making rash and hasty purchases , AND OMG the mouse hover is NOT hard to do, and doesnt it say on a DQ item

Item for DQ ## Blah blah blah

Im just saying , its just like the real world, you cant just take someone word for everything you see in the market place..
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    I love this thread only for all of the analogies... they're just beautiful, i never thought i would see so many in one place though b:cry
    >_< I'm a wizard in disguise... you know like the old cartoon... except with less robots and more fire/ice/rocks....
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    We should not have to check what we are buying because no one should be scamming in the first place.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Roov - Heavens Tear
    Roov - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    You don't just run into a grocery store, see an "on sale" sign and just grab anything from that general area. No, you make sure it's the item that's on sale.

I'm not condoning scamming in any way, shape, or form. Just that we all know from life that opportunists will present themselves...wait for it...when there's an opportunity. Starve these people out of the game by taking a moment instead of "OMG, it's only 25 mil. gotta get it before someone else does.*click click click*"

Asking the GM's to do something about them is just an extension of an already sickening trend in our everyday lives. The sue happy and the warning labels on everything. "Caution contents maybe hot" on coffee cups, the "Do not take orally" on hemorrhoid creme. Listen, it's my morning coffee, it damned well better be hot, and if some idiot eats the creme, well, let's just say it's one way for natural selection to return to mankind.

Just stop bubble wrapping everything, both in your life and in game. Next will be warnings on our axes, "caution may have sharp edges."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    lern 2 mouse hover?

This. You kinda have to, as you generally look at the price before buying.

Also, Imma let you finish, but Beyonce was the best forum name of all time. Of all time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Mavado - Harshlands
    edited September 2009
    We should not have to check what we are buying because no one should be scamming in the first place.

It doesn't matter if you have to or not... if you don't you're being irresponsible, regardless of what the other person is doing. You know that people scam; therefore, unless you are completely naive to the fact, you have no excuse for not being wary of everyone...

I'm not excusing scammer's... i'm just saying that there wouldn't be scammer's if the scam's didn't work in the first place... no one buys from them--> no profit for them---> no more of them
    You don't just run into a grocery store, see an "on sale" sign and just grab anything from that general area. No, you make sure it's the item that's on sale.

I'm not condoning scamming in any way, shape, or form. Just that we all know from life that opportunists will present themselves...wait for it...when there's an opportunity. Starve these people out of the game by taking a moment instead of "OMG, it's only 25 mil. gotta get it before someone else does.*click click click*"

Asking the GM's to do something about them is just an extension of an already sickening trend in our everyday lives. The sue happy and the warning labels on everything. "Caution contents maybe hot" on coffee cups, the "Do not take orally" on hemorrhoid creme. Listen, it's my morning coffee, it damned well better be hot, and if some idiot eats the creme, well, let's just say it's one way for natural selection to return to mankind.

Just stop bubble wrapping everything, both in your life and in game. Next will be warnings on our axes, "caution may have sharp edges."

^_^ Yay another analogy XD
  • Ikurei - Dreamweaver
    Ikurei - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2009

"CAUTION: Do not stop chain with hands."
    ^Actual warning label on a chainsaw.

To OP, scammers suck. Scammers also exist.

Normally I'd be on the side of the one who was scammed, but 38 millions coins? I can sort of understand if it was maybe 500k - 1 million (still quite a bit of coin) but I'd think that if 38 mil was involved then common sense would have told your friend that he probably should have checked out the item before accepting the trade.
    Meh, saw a couple other people doing this so...
    "Time to kill a famous thread then." andracil
    "Banning a troll is the ultimate troll my good sirs" eatwithspoons
    "Be careful about all of the GIRLs (Guy in RL) that you meet." eatwithspoons
    "We are all trolls or else we wouldn't have so many posts under our names. Deal with it." Sevas - Heavens Tear
    "Necro hunting >:3
    Also, I'm in someone's sig!" andracil (Sorry, I had to.b:surrender)
    "Welcome to the forums. You will die here." Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    I cannot believe your friend made such a monumental purchase without taking 2 seconds to mouse hover.

I'm not going into a store and ask to open a $1 box of mints to make sure all 30 are there.

But I'm sure as hell going to test-drive a used car and ask for a reliable history report such as CARFAX before I buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.