v182 Update discussion thread.

Options

Comments

• TheGoliath - Heavens Tear
    TheGoliath - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Your whining is ridiculous. Just wait...omg how hard is it. If you do not want to wait and see, then leave.

Did you whine when Santa Clause did not bring you your toy fire engine? b:surrender

As for "what may happen"......I think that it would be a huge mistake to remove these Packs. The second round of QQ/Whine would ensue. People will deal with it. For heaven's sake it has only been like 2 days. b:surrender

(My suggestion however....Make the Chest of Coins and Perfect Hammers more worth while in this game. Some of us are sitting on 30+ -.-)
    troll less
    that was funny manb:chuckle

On topic.

there are so many treads about this issue. I have posted in some but appears that I dont understand why people are angry or I am simply different?

you are mad because something you worked hard for. its way easier to get now?

Well this happens everyday in the real world. You better get used to it.

the move will benefits most of the players. I will expeculate a bit but I suspect that better items are coming and those will be hard to get.
    u fail to see the logic here

this is a game, a game where to achieve gear/items u hard to spend weeks and months of "work"... to keep this game free for those who play it there is a cashshop system that is already too involved in the game mechanics (perfect hammers, charms, dolls) and give zen players an advantage

but that's acceptable since also those zen players have to play and actually do those instances once in a while... not anymore, and after this month there will be endgame weapons armors and gems everywhere
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

this is a game, a game where to achieve gear/items u hard to spend weeks and months of "work"... to keep this game free for those who play it there is a cashshop system that is already too involved in the game mechanics (perfect hammers, charms, dolls) and give zen players an advantage

but that's acceptable since also those zen players have to play and actually do those instances once in a while... not anymore, and after this month there will be endgame weapons armors and gems everywhere

THIS

10char
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Accusations aren't allowed on this forum man. I don't have the power to instantly fulfill every suggestion in this forum, but that doesn't mean I'm doing nothing. Duke will be gagged at the next maintenance, other things may happen too, but I obviously cannot discuss things that have not been 100% confirmed yet.

Having said that, I'll go back to not posting about the subject until I hear something b:victory

So instead of the game **** us and we can see it, we close our eyes? It still **** us by inflating the price of gold and deflating the value of EVERYONES inventory who bought cheap shards.

Grade 11 and 12 shards? And wtf20+vit shards? There will be a small handful of people buying this junk from people and will pretty much be invincible on the battle field.

GG but until you address the actual imbalance and not "gagging duke" it just looks like more corporate sleight of hand.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    So instead of the game **** us and we can see it, we close our eyes? It still **** us by inflating the price of gold and deflating the value of EVERYONES inventory who bought cheap shards.

Grade 11 and 12 shards? And wtf20+vit shards? There will be a small handful of people buying this junk from people and will pretty much be invincible on the battle field.

GG but until you address the actual imbalance and not "gagging duke" it just looks like more corporate sleight of hand.

I'm aware, but I can't just make things up if they're not 100% confirmed
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    troll less

I think I'm different that;s why I dont understand you.

I dont play this game to achieve gear/items. I play this game to have fun.b:pleased

however, I do like to use the lastes weapons on my Bm: sword, fists and axes.

they have been hard to get but I would not mind if people can get them for free now.

I think I still fail to understand you guys.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I think I do understand your thinking. You mean nothing discussed here changes your gaming experience. To all others it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Casario - Lost City
    Casario - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I dont play this game to achieve gear/items. I play this game to have fun.b:pleased

this game is no longer fun for me...

i managed to get by using my crappy +3 HH90 set.. true i got killed alot but ocassionally i managed to have fun and pvp.

i was accepted into instances and was prepared to work to get the items i wanted.

now i see cash shoppers getting endgame items for $1 while we have to run impossible instances for months to compete.

maybe if u played on a pvp server it would be different ... imagine getting hit by a +12 CV wep everytime u tried to leave a safezone

now all i can see is myself being oneshot and denied for things like GV as i dont have the best gear or enough HP.

maybe if lunar was easier to run i wouldnt think this was such a big deal but meh =\ i have no chance of competing anymore.

this isnt even mentioning how impossible tw and the state of the econemy. molds will become worthless alongside HH mats as u can buy them with chips.. people powerleveling with oracles... people getting 10mil with $2.. gold around 400k...

this game has just become unplayable for me as a casual cash shopper and ive lost all motivation to keep leveling.
    edited September 2009
    Options

they have been hard to get but I would not mind if people can get them for free now.

the fun thing in a MMORPG is to achieve things and make u cool with the other online players (well kinda)

if u didn't want that I suggest u Final Fantasy, single RPG for a decent console
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    Falls - Sanctuary Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think we can all agree that we play MMORPGs for different reasons. It is hardly someone else's business in what manner I have fun.
  • malator
    malator Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I think we can all agree that we play MMORPGs for different reasons. It is hardly someone else's business in what manner I have fun.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

lol ^______^

i dont think pwi will ever recover (fully if at all) from such a huge hit like this

• AlexanderD - Lost City
    AlexanderD - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

I would agree with this, but to an extent. While we all play for different reasons, we all have similar goals in mind because we all have to play the same classes.

So, for example, I wanted to get a Swindler's Necklace but couldn't afford the coin to pay for the mats and farming it can be a royal pain in the ****.

With the Free Zhen event and the Anniversary Event, I was able to sell one of the rare items (Wing Trophy - Lunarglade) for more than enough coin to get the mats and create it.

Do I feel a little cheapened by how I got it? Maybe a little, but it doesn't change the fact that I love having it.

I see both sides of this argument, though. Newer players are the ones that really feel the brunt of it, and it sucks. Players who don't cash shop also feel the brunt of it because they now have to farm the hell out of coin even more just to get enough to buy stuff out of the CS.

It's a mess with no real solution to it. Either way, someone is going to end up being pissed off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name, He marks, not that you won or lost, but how you played the game." - Grantland Rice

"Rubbish." - Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Yes, you are different. You are on a PvE server for one.
    In PvP server, people can PK u way easier now due to those items.
    A hard-work-lvl90 named XXX gets the item after works bc he wants to be better by experience and hours of work now gets screwed by a cash shopper lvl 85 ZZZ that gets EndGame weapon and refining stuff that makes him beat the **** out of XXX with no effort.

PvP is unbalanced now. I PvE mostly, I aint pissed bc I dont buy Gold, I dont use charms or guardia scrolls yet, but I realize it is really unfair... and even worse now.. the economy has been screwed. For 50+ lvls I have been dealing with the fact that some items are worth somethign and now it has all gone to ****. so 40 Rough Fur (1 Gold) that were supposed to be worth 210k now are worth like 500k? Go away. D.Orbs are not worth 45k now but 100k?

Of course you are not pissed. The mob u kill is still the same. Nothing changes for you. Its a while diff idea in PvP.

Try to understand that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I would agree with this, but to an extent. While we all play for different reasons, we all have similar goals in mind because we all have to play the same classes.

So, for example, I wanted to get a Swindler's Necklace but couldn't afford the coin to pay for the mats and farming it can be a royal pain in the ****.

With the Free Zhen event and the Anniversary Event, I was able to sell one of the rare items (Wing Trophy - Lunarglade) for more than enough coin to get the mats and create it.

Do I feel a little cheapened by how I got it? Maybe a little, but it doesn't change the fact that I love having it.

I see both sides of this argument, though. Newer players are the ones that really feel the brunt of it, and it sucks. Players who don't cash shop also feel the brunt of it because they now have to farm the hell out of coin even more just to get enough to buy stuff out of the CS.

It's a mess with no real solution to it. Either way, someone is going to end up being pissed off.

See there it is. I think it should be all of our goals to understand each other, not be at each other's throats (Like that "PWI Ain't Dead Post") and realize there may need to be some compromises made. I mean if PWI posted something like, "The economy is tough, we need to milk some cash now," the players would understand, and we would expect some additional difficulty in playing the game. (IMO, the way in which the Cash Shop is being exploited right now is excessive, but that is why there should be some give and take.)

(I am still operating under the assumption that PWI gives a **** about what will happen to this game come next month, and the month after that. If they don't, then, let me just say, those who can enjoy this game now, better xD.)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

It sounds like you play the game roughly the same way as me.

Personally, I'm fine with the patch. I figured out awhile ago that items can depreciate really fast when patches come out, and so it's really not worth investing too much time and effort into something that might be rendered obsolete with a game update. I get top-gear-items when I can, sure, but I don't feel that they need to be enshrined forever as uber-rare, just because I went to the effort of getting them.

However, where I disagree with you is that I do understand where others are coming from.

The anniversary packs are exactly the kind of thing that the vast majority of the player-base has been begging and pleading to not have any more of. In fact, they aren't just the polar opposite of what people were asking for, they were the polar opposite dipped in jet fuel, lit on fire, and chucked right back in the player's faces with the cry of, "SUCK IT, *****ES!"

Sure, I make loads of coin by playing the markets during these crazy Gold inflation events, but I'm just one guy. I don't want to play solitaire. People want rare items to stay rare and cheap items to stay cheap. That's a pretty reasonable request. Even I can see that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • malator
    edited September 2009
    Options
    outa teles so no more rants/box related drama :/ but u can always donate lol
    edited September 2009
    Options
    malator wrote: »
    outa teles so no more rants/box related drama :/ but u can always donate lol

Andromeda ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xeian - Dreamweaver
    Xeian - Dreamweaver Posts: 720 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    completely agreed there. you'd be shocked how many oeple tell you how you MUST play this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2009
    Options
    If you really want to discuss cash x player skill and effort let's talk about the very basis of the game:

in other similar games players are obliged to sacrifice some skills' effectiveness (or even be deprived from using) to focus others. and to make some skills more appealing special item/stat builds are required. here if you grind/CS for coins you'll have all possible skills for your character maxed. no planning required. no player skill required. with the sole exception of BM every single class PK the same way with the same skill sequence.

I can talk about this forever... I can also make real comparisons to a real PvP game I played for nearly 5 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • malator
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Andromeda ?

i think you know the answer
  • ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    maybe if u played on a pvp server it would be different ... imagine getting hit by a +12 CV wep everytime u tried to leave a safezone

Pro's like to one shot PvP newbie's daily, bit differant now the shoe's on the other foot
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Pro's like to one shot PvP newbie's daily, bit differant now the shoe's on the other foot

You mean Noobs one shotting Pros?

That is actually a trademark of a bad game. I'd like to see that in Chess.

We can flip a coin for it and it might be just as fun.
  • Lokhan - Heavens Tear
    Lokhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options

Hah yeah. Someone turned handicap mode on!
  • ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear
    ChaoticEnvy - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    You mean Noobs one shotting Pros?

That is actually a trademark of a bad game. I'd like to see that in Chess.

We can flip a coin for it and it might be just as fun.

Not by n00bs no since the gear is lvl85+ iirc

I mean Pro's can be now be one shot and are not going to like it, and some of those Pro's are maybe the ones who on other threads about lowbie killing.. have told the OP to "stop qqing and man up or move to PvE".

Be so nice if PK was like chess and both sides the same and winner is based on player skill, but sadly as with 99% of MMO's , PK is and always will be based more on gear than skills
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I mean Pros can be now be one shot and are not going to like it, and some of those Pro's are maybe the ones who are on other threads about lowbie killing...have told the OP to "Stop QQing and man up, or move to PvE".

Yeah, but two wrongs don't make a right.
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Lokhan and ChaoticEnvy

flawed comparison. here it's no longer a fight of the noobs vs. the pros or the skilled vs. begineers. now it's much more like a fight of the poor (in real life) vs. the rich (in real life).

I really didn't want to talk politics here because of the rules but there it goes...

our RL (and PW) society is based on a pyramid. the wider bottom(F2P) = exploited average workers. the top(P2P) = elite of people who dominate the bottom part.

without the bottom the elite would reign no longer for there would be no-one to be ruled over. then, in RL there would be a cruel war to enslave part of that elite to keep the same model on. here... well... I'm still trying to figure it out.

but I assume that's why we're facing a virtual catastrophe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    our RL (and PW) society is based on a pyramid. the wider bottom(F2P) = exploited average workers. the top(P2P) = elite of people who dominate the bottom part.
    Wow, I would have said the EXACT opposite. I'm a minority elite f2p who exploits the masses of p2p to fund his selfish desires for cash shop items.

Knowledge is power, all others pay cash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Falls - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    Options
    Knowledge is power, all others pay cash.

Yeah, but you know have to work to get the both the knowledge and the patience to execute it.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    @Lokhan and ChaoticEnvy

flawed comparison. here it's no longer a fight of the noobs vs. the pros or the skilled vs. begineers. now it's much more like a fight of the poor (in real life) vs. the rich (in real life).

I really didn't want to talk politics here because of the rules but there it goes...

without the bottom the elite would reign no longer for there would be no-one to be ruled over. then, in RL there would be a cruel war to enslave part of that elite to keep the same model on. here... well... I'm still trying to figure it out.

but I assume that's why we're facing a virtual catastrophe.

I love your argument, that's Mustafa Mond on Brave New World... I personally don't agree, the marxist concept of class is one, imo, that continues to strongly divide humanity. On to the game; One of the cool things bout MMORPGs is that advancement in a persistent world does allow you rewards based on time, skill, etc. Who's at the top is open to debate as there are many ways you might measure this; PvP, wealth, level... It's a layered system but it also allows for advancement; today's noob may become tomorrow's 1337 player and the pro that didn't keep up with gearing/skilling may find himself unable to catch up with the new elite. The problem for some of us is that a factor outside of game mechanics has become overwhelming in it's influence on the competitive environment. Advantage gained through the cash shop should be one of convenience not necesity. When most of the games objectives can be atained by simply using money it no longer is a competition that deals in skill, knowledge or experience but the so called wallet race.

That's the real issue on the table. If i wanted that kind of game i'd be playing high stakes poker, at least there i know everyone sits at the table with the same amount of money as me... and is not an issue of money (i do spend way more on booze than i would ever spend on any game) but the priciple of fair competition. Cash shopers should have an edge, i'll grant you even a strong one, but they should not be able to simply get everything handed to them in a silver platter. I live a 5 hr drive away from the beach and can easily stay in a GT Hotel if i want that.
  • FinalDays - Harshlands
    FinalDays - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    I cant believe there saying they/we have to wait for a maintenance to change such a small thing like shutting that duke guy up? do our devs even have access to anything?, un "legit" games get stuff fixed quicker than this. ^^

b:sad
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmSpoons my idea for you guys to buy all the gold (with coin of course) and saleing it for the lower price it was 4-5 mounths ago not to good?don't tell me you guys can't make coin -.-.of course ppl would get 10mil off just 28 gold (saying they were selling at 389k each) but atleast maybe it would result in the others dropping there gold price dramatically, after seeing it being sold day after day for "a while".

i did quit and come back , cuase i jkust needed a break, before the game got boring b:shocked. i didn't want that. before i left gold was 315k-130k each(charms 330k), when i came back b:shocked "YIKES" charms 689k gold 250-300k+. i thought i was gonna have problems then :s now........b:surrender

and yes i am the poor. accuationally i can get to go buy a card to buy gold on here. unfortunitly they no longer sale "ultimate gaming cards near me that i know of" otherwisePWI would have gotten another 20gold or so.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
This discussion has been closed.