Change the Bounty Hunter rewards

Comments

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The analogy you need to use is:

Your parents told you since your older brother is getting a car, you can no longer ride your bike and have to wait a few more years. However, they said dont get upset, there will be ways for you to use the car.

What they forgot to mention is that the " ways to use the car" is means your brother drives it, and you will have to beg him for a ride... and you still cannot ride the bike since now you have to wait a little longer... so you end up walking alot....
    The way sum of you are putting it is as if thats the only way to get chips which isnt true...

The cube requires a lot of luck. You may not get anything while spending millions.

The difference is now, they changed some low level mold prices. A lvl 69 LA mold used to cost only 2 chips, now it cost 33. Back when it cost only 2 chips, cube is more than enough. Now you will have to get far more chips from cube. You also have to remember how hard it is for someone lvl 69 to complete cube, much less get lucky enough to get chips out of it. Look at IceJazmin's anology, it pretty much sums things up.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sum of u guys look like litle kids that want to have a car jus cuz their older brothers do... the way the quests are its jus fine(except from the quests at lvl 80-90 where u need fb69 bosses) and the lvl100+ people didnt get there easily so why wont they have good rewards? If you want to get chips work hard to lvl to 100 then get em daily >.< now stop hating GM for introducing a new daily quest which gives as much exp as a world quest cuz im pretty sure they have nothing to do with this beautiful feature imo.
    Frankly, I have no idea why you guys are so upset... GMs clearly stated that the highest tier rewards for bounty hunter would include chips. Guess what? That's EXACTLY what happened.

They didn't lie, they didn't mislead, they said exactly what would happen. You just refused to actually consider what it could mean.

Do you not realize they put in an implement this time, that was meant for servers 2+ years old? This time the rewards for the quest is directly related to the average player base lvls, and this was NOT meant for our 1yr old baby server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Frankly, I have no idea why you guys are so upset... GMs clearly stated that the highest tier rewards for bounty hunter would include chips. Guess what? That's EXACTLY what happened.

They didn't lie, they didn't mislead, they said exactly what would happen. You just refused to actually consider what it could mean.

No.The higher tier rewards mean the rewards for the later levels of the quest, not only for the last one, like 70+ .

Xarfox clearly linked the increase of the cost of many items in the 75+ range with the rewards of the bounty hunter beign more chips for those needing those items.

Here is it for you to read, since you apparently missed it :
    The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Than we have a perfect deal here :) lets switch the bosses we have to kill b:laugh

Most stuff I get in 79 are the light armors and sleeves, and the ocasional polyarm. In FB69, of all the times I ran it, never once I got a mold.... So I am very biased against FB69 :)

ok new method...let us trade bosses to do for BHb:laugh...that would certainly please everyone...i hopeb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BratFury - Heavens Tear
    BratFury - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why are people complaining already LOL
    I got 75k exp for my bounty hunter thing and I'm level 58 - squaded with a few friends to kill the first boss inside the fb39 cave. Took about 10 minutes from getting the quest to turning the quest in & getting exp and I got about 20% of the level. What are chips? I've got the best gear you can get at my level and I've had no need for chips, so why would 4x/5x need "chips"? Stop complaining and play the damn game.

Apparently you've not been to the chip merchant. That nice and lovely gear you like so much that you paid so much for... you could have probably got for 10 chips at the merchant. People level 40-75 actually need the chips worse than anyone lvl 100 and over. Completing first boss of fb 39 at level 58 is no great feat. You've seen nothing yet. Try to complete fb 69 solo before level 85, not even sure you could then.
    No.The higher tier rewards mean the rewards for the later levels of the quest, not only for the last one, like 70+ .

Xarfox clearly linked the increase of the cost of many items in the 75+ range with the rewards of the bounty hunter beign more chips for those needing those items.

Most would assume that they meant the higher tier rewards would be something other than an item already available in game. Or at least one a bit more costly. Chips go for around 30k each on HT. Got to outweigh the cost yes.

Either way its not what higher level people expected. And by higher level I mean 70 and over. As it is fairly easy to get to level 70, anything after that is slow and painful!

I hope they can reimplement this. A lot of good suggestions have come to the forums regarding this topic, I hope the GM's can get the devs to see reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The cube requires a lot of luck. You may not get anything while spending millions.

The difference is now, they changed some low level mold prices. A lvl 69 LA mold used to cost only 2 chips, now it cost 33. Back when it cost only 2 chips, cube is more than enough. Now you will have to get far more chips from cube. You also have to remember how hard it is for someone lvl 69 to complete cube, much less get lucky enough to get chips out of it. Look at IceJazmin's anology, it pretty much sums things up.

IceJazmin analogy is niceb:surrender but sum players were jus having it too easy...HA molds (plates, leggings...) at lvl79 needed about 26 chips if im not mistake, although i dont know how many u need now. And its true that the older servers will be more rewarded with this update but all of this ppl upset with this rewards can do one thing, dont do the bounty hunter quest. Im happy enough with the exp i can get from it and doing fb69 so many times at lvl80+ means that more people will be willing to do it and the chances of more XS on AH also increases making the XS prices dropb:dirty...well there are alot of good things this quest has brought so complainning about not getting chips at lowers lvls is jus useless cuz not everything is perfect, its important to look at the positive side of things or u will go berserk... jus like in the life, sumtimes when you start seeing the worst things of the life you get depressedb:laugh
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sadly enough Spoon, I must say that you are TOTALLY WRONG...

Let's quote what Xarfox said :

Source : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3533492&postcount=54

Let's see what is the highest level item the mysterious merchant offer for trade.... Level 89 I think? Do you seriously think level 100+ players need so much of those items that you need to rewards them with 50, 100 or 200 chips daily, while those who need the most those items don't get any chips for their same quest?

so,

1 - you raised the cost of most items in the 75+ range

2 - gave the players who need to pay those increased rates no way to get more chips, while Xarfox message clearly indicated you would.

3 - The cost of gold mats (which are most likely to be bought with chips by level 100+ players) did not increased with the latest msyterious merchant adjustment.

4 - the end result : most level 75+ need now more chips to get their items than before, and don,t have any means to get more chips than before.

Well Blanche, I, myself would like to get chips from the new daily. But in all fairness, the GM didn't do anything ourside of what xarfox said. He said that there is a new way to get chips, and there is (you just need to figure out how). And just as he said, the stacks of chips is only available to the highest tier of the daily quest.
    edited August 2009
    Watch theyll probably add flesh ream attack bonus tomes to top it off >.>
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited August 2009
    Well Blanche, I, myself would like to get chips from the new daily. But in all fairness, the GM didn't do anything ourside of what xarfox said. He said that there is a new way to get chips, and there is. From city of abomination, trade in 10 or 3 orbs per chip. And just as he said, the stacks of chips is only available to the highest tier of the daily quest.

Xarfox said it in response to qq on rising chip cost of lvl 69 molds. In that context, "highest tier" wasn't interpreted as lvl 100, but rather lvls appropriate for those molds in question.
    Watch theyll probably add flesh ream attack bonus tomes to top it off >.>

I'd love that.
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think there's a piece of the puzzle everyone keeps overlooking: the 40 chips you get from the stash box.

Prior to the changes, you could get a ridiculous amount of legendary equipment for next to nothing. Sure there's a 'fee' for the mold, but at that level you can grind the 200-400k it takes in a few hours, or less.

I could be wrong, but I don't think when the devs threw chips into the stash prizes, they accounted for the resulting excess of legendary gear that would become available. Prior to that, if you weren't farming an FB or running cube? Tough luck, it's gonna cost you a bundle.

Am I, personally, thrilled about the changes? Not really. I got burned on a Misty just before the patch - an extra 4mil out of my pocket. And I'm stuck with 10 untradeable, useless chips - not enough to buy anything useful. Do I think it's more balanced and fair? Yes. Save your 40 chips for that bit of gear you really need, earn more from cube if you have to.

And wait for those 100+ folks to start turning up with Warsoul gear... b:surrender
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009

They also decreased the cost of many items, making every mold around the same price with chips. Considering how unbalanced it was before, I'd think that would be a good thing...

People should really farm Fb's more instead of taking for granted some molds are 200k while others are 8m - when they're both dropped from the same FB.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    From what I've seen Xarfox hasnt lied in anything he said...therefore every1 saying he was lieing r completely wrong.
    (\__/)
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    More messing with the value of chip made stuff we once worked hard for. More chips in the game = bad. They shouldn't be part of the reward at all for this quest.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    From what I've seen Xarfox hasnt lied in anything he said...therefore every1 saying he was lieing r completely wrong.

I completely agree, and that's why I find it kinda sad that everyone's complaining about what the GMs have said. Just because the update didn't do what you assumed it would, doesn't mean they lied. It means you made a bad assumption.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009

He said "high tier", however, he did not say HIGH LEVEL 100+.

If he knew that, he should had said only for level 100+s, and not use the word high tier, which, most poeple would assumed meant an option quests, like the OMAs, where you have tiers of difficulty for the quest, and you get to choose which tier to do.

The words tier and level can sometimes be used to mean the same thing. However, In this case, the word LEVEL should had been used, as in HIGH LEVEL, not as in an option between ranked items (which is what tier means).

However, he did not lie to anyone.... Just chose to use a very vague term to describe a feature in a future upgrade.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    When put in context, it amounts to misdirection. The player base has been misled. What was done achieves the same result as a lie. There are multiple methods of committing fraud.
    edited August 2009

Example

ME If I were a GM: "In the coming update it will be easier for all to obtain warsoul mats! ;) "

*Updates with a quest only a lv 102+ can obtain warlsoul mats easily as it is a high tier reward*
    *tweaks NPC prices*
    *watches as only a handful get this prized quest*

Insert your quote: Paigrande "From what I've seen Deceptistar hasnt lied in anything she said...therefore every1 saying she was lieing r completely wrong."

-Now... who can find the booboo in here? >>;
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    When put in context, it amounts to misdirection. The player base has been misled. What was done achieves the same result as a lie. There are multiple methods of committing fraud.

Im pretty sure GMs hav said several times that they cannot giv info what will come but they can giv clues about what it might come so I would say the GM said that at that situation to calm every1 down nd not misled people, sumtimes is important to look at things not only from your perspective but to look from other people perspective cuz it gives you a better insight of things.
    (\__/)
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Xarfox said it in response to qq on rising chip cost of lvl 69 molds. In that context, "highest tier" wasn't interpreted as lvl 100, but rather lvls appropriate for those molds in question.

i don't believe he mention level in his response. so the game might have taken the less accepted interpretation, but nevertheless, he didn't say anything wrong.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    He said "high tier", however, he did not say HIGH LEVEL 100+.

The words tier and level can sometimes be used to mean the same thing. However, In this case, the word LEVEL should had been used, as in HIGH LEVEL, not as in an option between ranked items (which is what tier means).

However, he did not lie to anyone.... Just chose to use a very vague term to describe a feature in a future upgrade.

He didn't say "high tier"
    Xarfox wrote:
    The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Lets stop reading what we want to read and take the words exactly as they were written
    edited August 2009
    Im pretty sure GMs hav said several times that they cannot giv info what will come but they can giv clues about what it might come so I would say the GM said that at that situation to calm every1 down nd not misled people, sumtimes is important to look at things not only from your perspective but to look from other people perspective cuz it gives you a better insight of things.

Ok, Let's explain it to you in more simpler words...

People under level 100 worry about an increase of the cost in chips for many molds at the mysterious merchant.

Admin say "don't worry, bounty hunter will allow you to gather more chips soon"

Reality : bounty hunters don't give more chips to people who needs them, to get those increased prices molds. Instead, bounty hunter give loads of chips to people level 100+ who absolutely don't need those level 89+items.

Understood? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The answer is pretty straight forward. In the coming weeks a new NPC will be added to the game, the Bounty Hunter. This NPC will provide players with a new daily quest to kill different bosses within the game for extra EXP/rewards. The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once. ;)

Note the "hence the increased cost for some items," a response to qq that lvl 69 and 79 molds costing more chips, and "Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once," referring to it not being vague.
    edited August 2009
    Lets stop reading what we want to read and take the words exactly as they were written

We are Sppon. People were worrying about the raise in costs of items at the mysterious merchant. NONE of these items are level 100+. The highest level one is level 89, so they are of no use to a level 100.

Xarfox's answer was directed to those level 90some or lower who NEEDS more chips to get those increased prices molds.

The answer gave the assurance to those players that they will be able to gather more chips to afford to get those molds.

It's pretty clear and can only be interpreted in one way : don't worry, the cost increased, but you'll be able to get more chips soon with the bounty hunter quest. And once again, Xarfox was answering someone about the increased prices of molds for players level 89 and under. not golden mats for players level 100+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    He didn't say "high tier"

Using high or highest in this case does not make a difference, since it still applies to the level of the reward, the word that caused the confusion is the word tier, not the words highest or reward.

I have no problems with bounty hunter, I am not happy that we get no chips, and have no option to pick up a higher tier quest to get the chips until we get to level 100+, but that is ok.

The thing is I can see where the misconception came from by his choice to use the word tier instead of saying " The level 100+ players can get rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items."

That would had made it very clear that they were increasing the chip cost of the low level molds, because the level 100+ players now had a chance to get a stack of chips, and there would not had been any missunderstandings.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
    edited August 2009
    Using high or highest in this case does not make a difference, since it still applies to the level of the reward, the word that caused the confusion is the word tier, not the words highest or reward.

I have no problems with bounty hunter, I am not happy that we get no chips, and have no option to pick up a higher tier quest to get the chips until we get to level 100+, but that is ok.

The thing is I can see where the misconception came from by his choice to use the word tier instead of saying " The level 100+ players can get rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items."

That would had made it very clear that they were increasing the chip cost of the low level molds, because the level 100+ players now had a chance to get a stack of chips, and there would not had been any missunderstandings.

Had he said "lvl 100+" it wouldn't have made people happy, now would it? The choice of words is pretty obvious. Misdirection.b:chuckle
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    Ok, Let's explain it to you in more simpler words...

People under level 100 worry about an increase of the cost in chips for many molds at the mysterious merchant.

Admin say "don't worry, bounty hunter will allow you to gather more chips soon"

Reality : bounty hunters don't give more chips to people who needs them, to get those increased prices molds. Instead, bounty hunter give loads of chips to people level 100+ who absolutely don't need those level 89+items.

Understood? b:surrender
    Note the "hence the increased cost for some items," a response to qq that lvl 69 and 79 molds costing more chips, and "Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once," referring to it not being vague.

Now let me tell you sumthing, even though he replied to the ppl who were saying that the mold prices got high which were ppl below lvl100, from what i've read he didnt say this ppl below lvl70. High tier would never refer to ppl at lvl70 or 80 would mean more to ppl at lvl90 and 100 and the ppl QQing are the ppl mad at the prices of lvl69-79 molds so that means they wanted to beliave that lvl70, 80 can be considered as high tier which isnt true. Therefore, he didnt lie or mislead the prob was that ppl assumed that it would affect lvl80 bount quests.
    Like I said before, ppl at lvl100 get a easier way to get chips cuz they hav worked hard for it...The ppl who are mad at the rise of chips cost for molds hav their reasons but other ppl should be happy cuz higher lvl molds price has decreased like misty rings, but Xarfox hasnt lied in anything he said.
    (\__/)
    edited August 2009
    Had he said "lvl 100+" it wouldn't have made people happy, now would it? The choice of words is pretty obvious. Misdirection.b:chuckle
    The right words to use would have been : "we are raising the cost of many molders for level 89 and under, but you will not get anymore sources for chips until you hit level 100+"

The way Xarfox said it, it was meaning that players who need those level 89 and under molds must not worry, since they'll be able to get more chips soon with the bounty hunter quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    So he said "The highest tier of rewards", which by looking at the actual quest can be categorized into what tier of lvl? We all know where this boils down to. IceJazmin just skipped that part =/
  • Nevlik - Heavens Tear
    Nevlik - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    umm you guys know that it's not automatically chips lvl 100s get right

i know at least 4 lvl 100s in my guild who got socket stones.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    I forgot to mention that he said the highest<
    means lvl100.
    (\__/)