Change the Bounty Hunter rewards

koukou
koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
In their infinite wisdom, PWI decided that only level 100+ needs loads of chips, and that everyone else have no need for it.

Do you think the rewards should be the same for everyone so that everyone can get xp/sp/chips, the amount of chips given being adjusted for the level of the quest?
Post edited by koukou on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    koukou wrote: »
    In their infinite wisdom, PWI decided that only level 100+ needs loads of chips, and that everyone else have no need for it.

Do you think the rewards should be the same for everyone so that everyone can get xp/sp/chips, the amount of chips given being adjusted for the level of the quest?

I would be happy if they changed the bosses needed for 80-89... I would rather have to kill a world boss than those 2 last bosses in FB69...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Either change the chip rewards, or make it so that lvl 100 people can only do the quest once a day. The current system, where lvl 40-99 get no chips, and lvl 100 get 200+ chips/day is crazy.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I would say yes. While it's nice for level 100+ to be able to farm chips for their gears, I don't see why lowers levels should not be given the same options.

Frostland gears are level 85+, and getting the mats for them is so time consuming that no one bother with it.

Lunar gears are level 95+, and one again, farming the mats for them is so time consuming that almost no one bother with them.

But don't expect them to change it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Either change the chip rewards, or make it so that lvl 100 people can only do the quest once a day. The current system, where lvl 40-99 get no chips, and lvl 100 get 200+ chips/day is crazy.

b:shocked

*sigh* This is insane and I am generally NOT one to complain about the new patches and such.

But for the Level 100's to be getting chips to me is just not right and will seriously gimp a lot of people. And I say this mainly because on the Lost City, we have quite a few Level 100-101's...I would love the opportunity to get some chips saved up, but I guess for know us "lowbies" are going to have to continue to rely on the Cube and HOPE we get the chip rooms.

Sorry PWI, but this was a mistake and much of your fan base is not happy by this turn of events. There was a statement regarding an easier way to get chips and then we all find out it is for Level 100+ only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kitsuneh - Lost City
    Kitsuneh - Lost City Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Yes. I will get 100k xp from each bounty quest which is OK but they could put chip & exp reward when you hit lvl 70 or 80.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    off topic, but related to Blancheneige's post, is there a website where frostland and lunar equipment are listed along with stats/requirments and materials needed?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    off topic, but related to last post, is there a website where frostland and lunar equipment are listed along with stats/requirments and materials needed?

b:sweat PWI Database Bob....tsk tsk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    b:sweat PWI Database Bob....tsk tsk

i was hoping for a more catagorized website >: instead of clicking on an item and scrolling down to see if its lunar 1 by 1
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    i was hoping for a more catagorized website >: instead of clicking on an item and scrolling down to see if its lunar 1 by 1

Lazy.....

Frostlands

Lunar

* Disclaimer: some might still not be implemented...but some are Godly b:dirty *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Abysm - Heavens Tear
    Abysm - Heavens Tear Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Why are people complaining already LOL
    I got 75k exp for my bounty hunter thing and I'm level 58 - squaded with a few friends to kill the first boss inside the fb39 cave. Took about 10 minutes from getting the quest to turning the quest in & getting exp and I got about 20% of the level. What are chips? I've got the best gear you can get at my level and I've had no need for chips, so why would 4x/5x need "chips"? Stop complaining and play the damn game.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Lazy.....

Frostlands

Lunar

* Disclaimer: some might still not be implemented...but some are Godly b:dirty *

hehe ty thats what i was lookin for <3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I got 75k exp for my bounty hunter thing and I'm level 58 - squaded with a few friends to kill the first boss inside the fb39 cave. Took about 10 minutes from getting the quest to turning the quest in & getting exp and I got about 20% of the level. What are chips? I've got the best gear you can get at my level and I've had no need for chips, so why would 4x/5x need "chips"? Stop complaining and play the damn game.

You will not be saying this when you reach about 7x-8x and you will NEED the chips or you will be going on an endless about of HH/TT runs of one gold mat to drop.

Do I like the game? Yes, or I would not have stayed as long as I have.

Do I like that Level 100+ can get access to more chips for mats, etc and the 8-9x cannot? No...we need them just as much (and I still believe), if not more.

Oh and 300k for us at our level from this = about 2%

----> P.S: Your very welcome Bob!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009

How about you do some research before flaming people? If you don't even know what chips are, what right do you have for flaming people regarding this?b:shutup
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009

ugh, im getting annoyed, you are only lvl 58 woopdiefrickindoo shut up.

You are not high enough level to know why we are complaining.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It's ok to have differing opinions, but please try to keep it civil. We're absorbing all this feedback to the best of our ability, so make sure your arguments aren't engulfed in the flamesb:shocked b:chuckle
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    It's ok to have differing opinions, but please try to keep it civil. We're absorbing all this feedback to the best of our ability, so make sure your arguments aren't engulfed in the flamesb:shocked b:chuckle

*slaps spoonzie* I Will not Calm Down! jkb:surrender
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009

Spoons....we honestly are trying. But the chip thing for many is almost an insult. Many of us were told that there would be an easier way to obtain chips in an upcoming patch and then we find out it is for Level 100+. I think that is the issue, not so much the quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited August 2009
    Lol, if they had just said out front "No, there will never be a reasonable way of obtaining chips," then there wouldn't be much of a problem. But they just had to make a promise, then break it.b:chuckle
  • eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    Spoons....we honestly are trying. But the chip thing for many is almost an insult. Many of us were told that there would be an easier way to obtain chips in an upcoming patch and then we find out it is for Level 100+. I think that is the issue, not so much the quest.

I wasn't referring to your point, I was referring to the back and forth flaming taking place. b:chuckle

The content wasn't meant as an insult, and this isn't the last content update that we will have. All things considering, I think so far it's been pretty good regardless of the aspects that players dislike. I'd prefer to level and worry about chips later, that's a personal opinion though, I'm not asking anyone to share my sentiments
  • Corennes - Sanctuary
    Corennes - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The Bounty Hunter quest is not worth the time with the chosen bosses(100+).

I got the quest to kill one of the fb99 bosses(last one). A wined fb99 takes around 2-3 hours. So far I know the reward can be 400k exp, 50 socket stones or 50 chips. That will not make me go in there for 2-3 hours.

Completely pointless for me. I rather go grind and get more exp and enough cash to buy chips or socket stones.... This is not a good way to obtain chips or exp this is a good way to waste time if you are really really bored.

I was really hoping for something good this is just disappointing.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    I wasn't referring to your point, I was referring to the back and forth flaming taking place. b:chuckle

The content wasn't meant as an insult, and this isn't the last content update that we will have. All things considering, I think so far it's been pretty good regardless of the aspects that players dislike. I'd prefer to level and worry about chips later, that's a personal opinion though, I'm not asking anyone to share my sentiments

Lol....no worries never took offense. Kinda took it as an opportunity to voice what the real issue was for most people. b:cute

Opinions differ but I do agree on leveling BUT at the rate some of us are leveling, we are and will worry about the chips since they are needed sooner then later. There is still the Cube though!!! 8D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    Indeed, and we hear you loud and clear. From a players perspective though, what most interests me now is that unknown island, everything else is a sidenote
    edited August 2009

The content was fine, hardly an bugs. It's what GMs said that was an insult. They promised an easier way of obtain chips. Turns out it's only for a handful of level 100+ people on older servers, and no one on newer servers. Is there a reason for this behavior, other than to make fun of the player base?b:chuckle
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    Indeed, and we hear you loud and clear. From a players perspective though, what most interests me now is that unknown island, everything else is a sidenote

b:lipcurl jfgjg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    edited August 2009
    The content was fine, hardly an bugs. It's what GMs said that was an insult. They promised an easier way of obtain chips. Turns out it's only for a handful of level 100+ people on older servers, and no one on newer servers. Is there a reason for this behavior, other than to make fun of the player base?b:chuckle

Behavior? I don't remember us confirming that this is the final "be all end all" solution to chips. I think it would be a misinterpretation to consider it an insult, we're not that mean. GMs don't code the game either by the way, many of us are part of the player base, it would be pointless to make fun of ourselves.
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Behavior? I don't remember us confirming that this is the final "be all end all" solution to chips. I think it would be a misinterpretation to consider it an insult. GMs don't code the game either by the way.

And remember... GMs can only verify that they cannot verify any game update content.....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Behavior? I don't remember us confirming that this is the final "be all end all" solution to chips.

I don't remember you (PWI) confirming that it is not either b:chuckle

So, while the level 100+ can hoard chips like armadillos in an ant's nest, levels 99+ can't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited August 2009
    Behavior? I don't remember us confirming that this is the final "be all end all" solution to chips. I think it would be a misinterpretation to consider it an insult, we're not that mean. GMs don't code the game either by the way, many of us are part of the player base, it would be pointless to make fun of ourselves.

Making excuses doesn't help. The idea that Bounty Hunters will provide access to chips came from you guys, and became wide spread and highly anticipated among the players. Of course gms don't code, but they sure sound as though they do, which is the problem.

Perhaps it's a good idea to avoid making rumors and claims that turn out to not be true if you're unsure? Since much of the player base can't distinguish the difference between gms and devs, what gm says are regarded as facts.

That post sounds like you're saying there will be another way of obtaining chips? Better be careful there, people believe what they want to believe, and this stuff spreads.b:embarrass

Btw, I feel sorry for you, having to deal with us, when, as far as I can remember, the ones promising easy chips and spreading rumors weren't you to begin with. Where did all the promise-maker and rumor-spreader gms go? b:chuckle
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    they should change so that lvl 80+ can get chips as wellb:angry. Also can we please have a chance of getting bosses that are outside of FB instead of everyday have to go in FB 79.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think what the playerbase is saying with the lv100+ and chip is like say for instance, 'the game incorporated a new quest for only lv105 players to be able to trade 1 chip for 1 gold TT mat'. Alot of pple would think "your kidding right? They may be high lv but they dont deserve THAT much"

To make it simple, basically 20-50pple depending on servers, get access to 5-6MILLION+ coin profit every 2 days. Even with usage of charms.

Now looking at RB delta and how lv100s can pretty much steamroll them, and seeing this new quest starts at lv80 which is way lower than RB delta, I can hardly imagine the 100s will get that much of a challenge to obtain these highly prized chips unless they lack some serious skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan