Change the Bounty Hunter rewards

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I think what the playerbase is saying with the lv100+ and chip is like say for instance, 'the game incorporated a new quest for only lv105 players to be able to trade 1 chip for 1 gold TT mat'. Alot of pple would think "your kidding right? They may be high lv but they dont deserve THAT much"

To make it simple, basically 20-50pple depending on servers, get access to 5-6MILLION+ coin profit every 2 days. Even with usage of charms.

Now looking at RB delta and how lv100s can pretty much steamroll them, and seeing this new quest starts at lv80 which is way lower than RB delta, I can hardly imagine the 100s will get that much of a challenge to obtain these highly prized chips unless they lack some serious skill.

^^ Nicely put I must say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    they should change so that lvl 80+ can get chips as wellb:angry. Also can we please have a chance of getting bosses that are outside of FB instead of everyday have to go in FB 79.

I'll trade your bosses inside FB79 for mine inside FB69
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Making excuses doesn't help. The idea that Bounty Hunters will provide access to chips came from you guys, and became wide spread and highly anticipated among the players. Of course gms don't code, but they sure sound as though they do, which is the problem.

Perhaps it's a good idea to avoid making rumors and claims that turn out to not be true if you're unsure? Since much of the player base can't distinguish the difference between gms and devs, what gm says are regarded as facts.

That post sounds like you're saying there will be another way of obtaining chips? Better be careful there, people believe what they want to believe, and this stuff spreads.b:embarrass

Btw, I feel sorry for you, having to deal with us, when, as far as I can remember, the ones promising easy chips and spreading rumors weren't you to begin with. Where did all the promise-maker and rumor-spreader gms go? b:chuckle

Here. The direct quote telling us the reason chips had gone up was, in fact, the bounty hunter.
    xarfox wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

The answer is pretty straight forward. In the coming weeks a new NPC will be added to the game, the Bounty Hunter. This NPC will provide players with a new daily quest to kill different bosses within the game for extra EXP/rewards. The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once. ;)

EDIT: I agree with IceJazmin. Linus is a sissy compared to FB69's bosses. Spam some Befuddling Mist, Spam some Blinding Sand, suddenly, he's as weak, and ineffective as Rend Rajorjaw gnawing on your legs.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ALso, I want to add that PWI is still young. VERY young compared to the asia versions. You simply cannot expect to add a implement for a 2-4+ year old version game to a server just reaching their 1st anniversary and expect them to be happy about it.

I see that recently the updates you guys have are nearing or almost on par with some certain asian PW versions which is good. But incorporating quests that were meant to be put in PW versions at least 2years old to our own baby PW was not a good move.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Here. The direct quote telling us the reason chips had gone up was, in fact, the bounty hunter.

EDIT: I agree with IceJazmin. Linus is a sissy compared to FB69's bosses. Spam some Befuddling Mist, Spam some Blinding Sand, suddenly, he's as weak, and ineffective as Rend Rajorjaw gnawing on your legs.

Well, he did say the highest tier. Of course, only now do we realize it actually means lvl 100. Since it's justification for increase prices for lvl 69 molds, it can be misleading.

In any case, it sucks to be spoon.
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    Sarugami - Sanctuary Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I'll trade your bosses inside FB79 for mine inside FB69

I don't mind the boss...but the dam FB is so longggggg. I rather do FB 69 boss since the Fb is much shorter. FB 69 boss is harder compare to 79 but it's not a problem if you have a good cleric that can stand boss aoe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009

You are missing the point....it's not the bosses that are hard to do but it's the time it take to get to them (or use mats that could be sell for money and make wines). I rather do a hard boss that doesn't required to go through other mobs to get to kill him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    I don't mind the boss...but the dam FB is so longggggg. I rather do FB 69 boss since the Fb is much shorter. FB 69 boss is harder compare to 79 but it's not a problem if you have a good cleric that can stand boss aoe.

For me the convinience is that I do not mind running FB79s for molds, so this would kill 2 birds with one stone. The FB69 has horrible drop rates now for me, so I will have to go do it, basicaly for nothing but the exp.... unless I can get a ride on a tabbed FB :)
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Behavior? I don't remember us confirming that this is the final "be all end all" solution to chips. I think it would be a misinterpretation to consider it an insult, we're not that mean. GMs don't code the game either by the way, many of us are part of the player base, it would be pointless to make fun of ourselves.

Sadly enough Spoon, I must say that you are TOTALLY WRONG...

Let's quote what Xarfox said :
    Hey Everyone,

The answer is pretty straight forward. In the coming weeks a new NPC will be added to the game, the Bounty Hunter. This NPC will provide players with a new daily quest to kill different bosses within the game for extra EXP/rewards. The highest tier of rewards includes stacks of chips, hence the increased cost for some items.

Phew, pretty refreshing not having to be vague for once. ;)

Source : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3533492&postcount=54

Let's see what is the highest level item the mysterious merchant offer for trade.... Level 89 I think? Do you seriously think level 100+ players need so much of those items that you need to rewards them with 50, 100 or 200 chips daily, while those who need the most those items don't get any chips for their same quest?

so,

1 - you raised the cost of most items in the 75+ range

2 - gave the players who need to pay those increased rates no way to get more chips, while Xarfox message clearly indicated you would.

3 - The cost of gold mats (which are most likely to be bought with chips by level 100+ players) did not increased with the latest msyterious merchant adjustment.

4 - the end result : most level 75+ need now more chips to get their items than before, and don,t have any means to get more chips than before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sarugami - Sanctuary
    edited August 2009
    For me the convinience is that I do not mind running FB79s for molds, so this would kill 2 birds with one stone. The FB69 has horrible drop rates now for me, so I will have to go do it, basicaly for nothing but the exp.... unless I can get a ride on a tabbed FB :)

The misty mold in that dungeon isn't worth much anymore anyway (I think calamity in Fb 69 worth more than misty mold nowb:chuckle). Also i can find more people w/ tabs to do FB 69 than FB 79.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009
    Sadly enough Spoon, I must say that you are TOTALLY WRONG...

Let's quote what Xarfox said :

Source : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3533492&postcount=54

Let's see what is the highest level item the mysterious merchant offer for trade.... Level 89 I think?

Pwned.b:surrender

Level 99 gold items for TT, lunar gold items, and stuff for warsouls...

I do agree that raising the prices on molds makes no sense, even if they were trying to prevent high levels from dumping low level mods into game, most likely, a level 100 player would be working on their TT99 gold armor set, their lunar set or warsoul, so I do not think those players would really spend their chips on low level molds.

Also, since you cannot trade chips, it is not like they could just sell them.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hello Blanch,

I understand that you're upset about the Bounty Hunter system, as are a lot of people in this thread. Now the reason why this thread is still open is because we want to hear your feedback.

What we don't need to hear is "You got pwned GM, you're wrong GM, GM messed up teh game!"

Once again, we are more than eager to collect everyone's feedback, however please try to give us feedback in a positive manner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2009

Yes, by "items" I meant those items that had their prices "adjusted", so mainly molds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009

I do agree that raising the prices on molds makes no sense, even if they were trying to prevent high levels from dumping low level mods into game, most likely, a level 100 player would be working on their TT99 gold armor set, their lunar set or warsoul, so I do not think those players would really spend their chips on low level molds.

Make chips tradeable...problem (semi) solved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited August 2009
    The misty mold in that dungeon isn't worth much anymore anyway (I think calamity in Fb 69 worth more than misty mold nowb:chuckle). Also i can find more people w/ tabs to do FB 69 than FB 79.

Than we have a perfect deal here :) lets switch the bosses we have to kill b:laugh

Most stuff I get in 79 are the light armors and sleeves, and the ocasional polyarm. In FB69, of all the times I ran it, never once I got a mold.... So I am very biased against FB69 :)
  • Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Hello Blanch,

I understand that you're upset about the Bounty Hunter system, as are a lot of people in this thread. Now the reason why this thread is still open is because we want to hear your feedback.

What we don't need to hear is "You got pwned GM, you're wrong GM, GM messed up teh game!"

Once again, we are more than eager to collect everyone's feedback, however please try to give us feedback in a positive manner.

*pounces on Xarfox* Panda! Give us hope and change for the new system-desu!

...pwease? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
    edited August 2009

There are only a handful of lvl 100s on older servers, some of which are not active, and none on newer servers. Even if they do dump, it will be too few in number to change mold prices.

It's not PW-china server, where lvl 100+s are commonplace. No chips for anyone below lvl 100 here in PWI basically means no chips, period.
    edited August 2009
    There are only a handful of lvl 100s on older servers, some of which are not active, and none on newer servers. Even if they do dump, it will be too few in number to change mold prices.

It's not PW-china server, where lvl 100+s are commonplace. No chips for anyone below lvl 100 here in PWI basically means no chips, period.

yups... :(
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Make chips tradeable...problem (semi) solved.

Now this I am perfectly ok with!!

Never quite understood why you could not trade them in the first place.

Any answer to that? Or just in the programming?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited August 2009

Edited my previous post.

But, we cannot say you were right, since you said something to us, and in the end, it did not happened.

"The increased cost for some items" as you put it does not make sense, since those most affected by this change are not getting more chips than before.

The solution is pretty clear, as it was expressed by the OP : give everyone chips, xp, sp, adjusted to the level of the bounty quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Sum of u guys look like litle kids that want to have a car jus cuz their older brothers do... the way the quests are its jus fine(except from the quests at lvl 80-90 where u need fb69 bosses) and the lvl100+ people didnt get there easily so why wont they have good rewards? If you want to get chips work hard to lvl to 100 then get em daily >.< now stop hating GM for introducing a new daily quest which gives as much exp as a world quest cuz im pretty sure they have nothing to do with this beautiful feature imo.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
    edited August 2009
    Sum of u guys look like litle kids that want to have a car jus cuz their older brothers do... the way the quests are its jus fine(except from the quests at lvl 80-90 where u need fb69 bosses) and the lvl100+ people didnt get there easily so why wont they have good rewards? If you want to get chips work hard to lvl to 100 then get em daily >.< now stop hating GM for introducing a new daily quest which gives as much exp as a world quest cuz im pretty sure they have nothing to do with this beautiful feature imo.

You're missing the point. GMs promised something (chips), in clear terms. They broke that promise. The problem is not with the patch itself, but the rumors GMs spread earlier that gave everyone overinflated expectations.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009

wtf, "work hard to get to lvl 100 to get chips" what would the point be to get to 100 just so we can get chips for lower lvl gear? We want chips NOW for our gear OUR LEVEL. Whats so hard to understand about that? Its not childish, its logical.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    You're missing the point. GMs promised something (chips), in clear terms. They broke that promise. The problem is not with the patch itself, but the rumors GMs spread earlier that gave everyone overinflated expectations.

All the patches havent arrived yet and we dont know what is on that island like eatwithspoons said. Even if they promised a easy way to get cheps that doesnt mean the reward needs to be changed so every1 gets chips, you can do cube of fate daily and get chips (jus a few though nd when u r lucky to get to the chip room)... Lets jus wait nd see wats coming then we criticise.
    (\__/)
    edited August 2009

The analogy you need to use is:

Your parents told you since your older brother is getting a car, you can no longer ride your bike and have to wait a few more years. However, they said dont get upset, there will be ways for you to use the car.

What they forgot to mention is that the " ways to use the car" is means your brother drives it, and you will have to beg him for a ride... and you still cannot ride the bike since now you have to wait a little longer... so you end up walking alot....
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    edited August 2009
    wtf, "work hard to get to lvl 100 to get chips" what would the point be to get to 100 just so we can get chips for lower lvl gear? We want chips NOW for our gear OUR LEVEL. Whats so hard to understand about that? Its not childish, its logical.

The way sum of you are putting it is as if thats the only way to get chips which isnt true...
    (\__/)
    edited August 2009
    All the patches havent arrived yet and we dont know what is on that island like eatwithspoons said. Even if they promised a easy way to get cheps that doesnt mean the reward needs to be changed so every1 gets chips, you can do cube of fate daily and get chips (jus a few though nd when u r lucky to get to the chip room)... Lets jus wait nd see wats coming then we criticise.

The claims that bounty hunter will give chips were made by Xarfox, not spoon, in response to people qqing about rising chip costs of lvl 69 molds. It refers to the daily bounty hunting quest. It was pretty specific. A lot of people brought into it.b:chuckle
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Frankly, I have no idea why you guys are so upset... GMs clearly stated that the highest tier rewards for bounty hunter would include chips. Guess what? That's EXACTLY what happened.

They didn't lie, they didn't mislead, they said exactly what would happen. You just refused to actually consider what it could mean.

As for raising the price of some items... they also lowered the prices of others, making them all more balanced. In my opinion, this was long overdue... Sky demon's pearl, demon slaughter belt, and misty forest ring are the 3 that were lowered the most. They all went from 6-8m down to 2m.

Yeah, some items that were 3 chips are now 30. So what? Some items that were 100+ chips are also now 30. In my mind, this is a more than reasonable trade.

All I have to say is thanks GMs, I can now get nearly 400k xp from an fb, or some great additional items if I decide to do a book run in fb99.

NOTE: I may be slightly biased in this though... my faction has 9 100+ b:pleased
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
  • Isala - Sanctuary
    Isala - Sanctuary Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    The way sum of you are putting it is as if thats the only way to get chips which isnt true...

That's the point. The previous way, IE, the Cube, was sufficient for our needs, as the chips were at a lower cost. Now, they raised the chip cost, because of the Bounty Hunter, which was to allow more Chips. That has proven to be an absolute bust. That is what we are upset about.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That's the point. The previous way, IE, the Cube, was sufficient for our needs, as the chips were at a lower cost. Now, they raised the chip cost, because of the Bounty Hunter, which was to allow more Chips. That has proven to be an absolute bust. That is what we are upset about.

^that, well put <_<