Rising Gold Prices

Options

Comments

• Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    you should have learned after the 1st oracle event when it completely destroyed HL economy and levels.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mothergoose - Sanctuary
    Mothergoose - Sanctuary Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That's the whole idea, so that cash spenders get overwhelming advantages over rest. PWI have been remarkably conservative in giving cash spenders advantages. It's a gradual move toward those other free to play games. PW's lifespan is nearing an end, it's time to cash out.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    That's the whole idea, so that cash spenders get overwhelming advantages over rest. PWI have been remarkably conservative in giving cash spenders advantages. It's a gradual move toward those other free to play games. PW's lifespan is nearing an end, it's time to cash out.

Whether you agree or not, PWI is not dying. Be mindful of how you phrase your opinions, because when you post the same thing on multiple threads it seems like you are intentionally attempting to defame PWI. I hope that's not the case.
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Yay! Elicited a responseb:victory
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Maybe you should do something more productive than trolling the mods and QQ'ing left right and center with every post you make.

Personally, I've never spent a cent on this game and *somehow* I have nice gears, nice toys, and coins in my pocket.

Perhaps the problem is more with the "demand" side that wants everything for free without having to lift a finger for it.
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options

Now takeing bets on how long it takes her to get herself banned.b:chuckle
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Maybe you should do something more productive than trolling the mods and QQ'ing left right and center with every post you make.

Personally, I've never spent a cent on this game and *somehow* I have nice gears, nice toys, and coins in my pocket.

Perhaps the problem is more with the "demand" side that wants everything for free without having to lift a finger for it.

Lol, speaking of *somehow* you have nice gears, toys, and coins in pocket... Refresh my memory, but who is it that got temp banned for hacking into Faramere's account and taking his items? Well, I guess since he gave out his password it's not really hacking. But anyway, lol for drama.b:chuckle
    Now takeing bets on how long it takes her to get herself banned.b:chuckle

:P
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Asterelle I believe your logic is flawed in one major way. There are costs for going into the cube - Mirages, Robber/Bully Cards, Try Your Luck Rooms, etc. It is quite expensive to cube and even with a box and a hammer u buy at 600k, 400k would probably barely make up the costs of how much you paid to get through the cube.

People did cube before with no box and that won't change. Now we are having people gain boxes from things they were doing anyway. Rather than creating a coin sink PWI has created a gold sink. Gold will be used not for fashion or mounts or charms but for disposable hammers that make more coin.
    Refresh my memory, but who is it that got temp banned for ....

I do not believe you are allowed to discuss bans on the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited July 2009
    Options
    People did cube before with no box and that won't change. Now we are having people gain boxes from things they were doing anyway. Rather than creating a coin sink PWI has created a gold sink. Gold will be used not for fashion or mounts or charms but for disposable hammers that make more coin.

I do not believe you are allowed to discuss bans on the forums.

Gold sink helps gold sales, clearly. Advantageous from a business perspective, at least in the short term, no?b:victory

Btw, not point fingers and naming names, just implying there might be some very *slight* hypocrisy going on.b:chuckle
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Whether you agree or not, PWI is not dying. Be mindful of how you phrase your opinions, because when you post the same thing on multiple threads it seems like you are intentionally attempting to defame PWI. I hope that's not the case.

LOLOL spoons! omfg that was MEAN! you just sounded like the NYPD... angrily asserting authority because a civilian isnt stroking the ego. i didnt even type what she said and I'm offended by your response! that was harsh and threatening and completely unbecoming and totally out of character for you.. you're usually so pleasant.

and i thing labeling her posts as defaming is quite a stretch of the imagination, and also signifies an inability to accept or appreciate constructive criticism, which is all she's trying to offer. that, and a cry for help.

but goose.. i think it was the "cash out now" part that pushed him over the edge. cuz that mildly insinuates selling your character and/or stuff, and thats against the TOS, and they do have to stopm that kinda talk out immideately if not sooner.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It wasn't mean at all, I think you may be missing some information there. When people post the same blanket statements multiple times it is intentional defamation. I didn't even officially warn the poster, just mentioned what was happening. Constructive criticism, as the language denotes, must be constructive.

As a forum admin I am obligated to enforce the rules, part of that includes mentioning where the user is in violation. You don't have to like that, but it would have been inappropriate to issue a ban without prior notice.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    It wasn't mean at all, I think you may be missing some information there. When people post the same blanket statements multiple times it is intentional defamation. I didn't even officially warn the poster, just mentioned what was happening. Constructive criticism, as the language denotes, must be constructive.

As a forum admin I am obligated to enforce the rules, part of that includes mentioning where the user is in violation. You don't have to like that, but it would have been inappropriate to issue a ban without prior notice.

oh.. ok. i kinda took that as a warn. still. if i were goose i woulda cried i think lol.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Heh don't take it too personally, I don't like yelling at people but it's part of the job.
  • Lycanthar - Sanctuary
    Lycanthar - Sanctuary Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol, speaking of *somehow* you have nice gears, toys, and coins in pocket... Refresh my memory, but who is it that got temp banned for hacking into Faramere's account and taking his items? Well, I guess since he gave out his password it's not really hacking. But anyway, lol for drama.

LOL... a valiant attempt to defame me in public, if only you had any idea what you were talking about. Sure, I was temp-banned for 2 days a while ago, but I'm sorry, it had nothing to do with anything of that. Nor will I discuss it any further here, because that's none of your business.

Good to know you're still contributing to the PWI community with constant criticism, slander and negativity Mothergoose.

diaf b:victory
    ==Sanctuary's Last Demon Barbarian== ... (lol strife)

Off through the new day's mist, I run
    Out from the new day's mist, I have come
    We shift, pulsing with the earth
    Company we keep, roaming the land while you sleep...
  • eatwithspoons
    edited July 2009
    Options
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I don't know if all that is true but that kinda made me feel relieved. I guess is good to believe...
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Although I think gold prices are raising by the minute I dont think that it will be something player wont be able to deal with cuz last time there was an increase in gold I saw many people QQing about it (although this time the number of ppl is massive), but I like that orb discounts xD Not alot of players buy gold with coins so I believe this will make people who sell gold rich in-game & like everything in life not every1 wins, sum lose too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    hmm actually gold went down to about 160-170k today, it was nearing close to 200 this morning
  • Lucified - Lost City
    Lucified - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if there wasn't so many sales at once, the gold wouldn't be so high b:surrender
    including that event b:shutup

oh, and when there isn't a sale of goodies, the gold trading is pretty dead lol.
  • Paigrande - Harshlands
    Paigrande - Harshlands Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    if there wasn't so many sales at once, the gold wouldn't be so high b:surrender
    including that event b:shutup

oh, and when there isn't a sale of goodies, the gold trading is pretty dead lol.

exactly, more goodies means more income for the gold sellers xD
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol why would do people think everything is a conspiracy. Lol i may not have worded my thread well enough but PWI is still a business and they market like one. When company is doing well sales are frequent it's to encourage more spending. There isn't much wrong about it, it's actually good business. There are ways around the cash shopping for players still so you can still enjoy this game without spending. What i tried to point out in my thread but failed i think. I think it's how you use you're gaming experience. Is pwi going to die i highly doubt that too it's one of the best mmo's out there still. Cash shoppers are going to have an advantage it's how mmo's work. They are still a business if it's not a pay to play with a subscription then they have to earn it somehow. People quitting cause they don't want to pay to be better than someone is plaything this game wrong. Play to have fun not to be the best and number one. You find yourself getting up in the ranks anyway. Lol cash shop gold in every game have prices that fluctuate. Have patience and wait them out. I don't think gm's will let the game inflation get too bad. xarfox said there are some implements being done. Then have a little faith for now and watch to see what happens.
  • Nefastos - Harshlands
    Nefastos - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Im looking forward to the upcoming updates cause i loved the ones that came :)
    b:victory b:victory b:victory
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Lol why would do people think everything is a conspiracy. Lol i may not have worded my thread well enough but PWI is still a business and they market like one. When company is doing well sales are frequent it's to encourage more spending. There isn't much wrong about it, it's actually good business. There are ways around the cash shopping for players still so you can still enjoy this game without spending. What i tried to point out in my thread but failed i think. I think it's how you use you're gaming experience. Is pwi going to die i highly doubt that too it's one of the best mmo's out there still. Cash shoppers are going to have an advantage it's how mmo's work. They are still a business if it's not a pay to play with a subscription then they have to earn it somehow. People quitting cause they don't want to pay to be better than someone is plaything this game wrong. Play to have fun not to be the best and number one. You find yourself getting up in the ranks anyway. Lol cash shop gold in every game have prices that fluctuate. Have patience and wait them out. I don't think gm's will let the game inflation get too bad. xarfox said there are some implements being done. Then have a little faith for now and watch to see what happens.
    1. The Enter key is your friend. Please use it. -_-
    2. A business's customers are allowed to raise concerns about how it's run.
    3. When said concerns are raised by this many people, any responsible business listens. PWI has listened. It remains to be seen if they take appropriate action, but at least they've listened. :)

That's really all that's going on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • koukou
    koukou Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    For those who are not familiar with Jolly Old Jones, he's an NPC that allows players to trade either Guardian Angels for rewards, or 100k coins.

The secondary purpose of Jolly Old Jones, other than providing you guys with items, is to drain the economy.

Unless the sale value of one GA is 100k or more, I fail to see how this event drains coins out of the economy.

Players buy zhen. Players use zhen to buy GA. Players sells GA to other players. Gold move from player to player and is not removed at all from the game...
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd still like to get confirmation somehow that it is just a coincidence that in the midst of intentionally inflating gold prices, the rare mount/battle pet packs show back up in the CS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    koukou wrote: »
    Unless the sale value of one GA is 100k or more, I fail to see how this event drains coins out of the economy.

Players buy zhen. Players use zhen to buy GA. Players sells GA to other players. Gold move from player to player and is not removed at all from the game...

What he actually meant here was "2/3 of the player base are *unaware* of the GA's cost and advantage, therefore use 100k directly, and when they realize the mistake, it's already too late"... This worked in the last 2 Jones events, and it won't fail this time either...
  • lazyness
    lazyness Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I'd still like to get confirmation somehow that it is just a coincidence that in the midst of intentionally inflating gold prices, the rare mount/battle pet packs show back up in the CS.

Oh, but they are just fixing the economy [/sarcasm]
  • LTraveller - Dreamweaver
    LTraveller - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    So, gold prices will probably rise to 200k. What does it mean for me, 4X Veno on a PvE server?

Pet cages, safe expansion stones: 400k each.
    Inventory expansion: 600k each.
    Hammers: 1m each, guess I'll skip that General Summer's Magic Sword.
    $30 mounts, both land and wings, which I can't buy now, when/if prices stabilize: 5m+?
    "You've got your hotkey expansion, go grind", eh?

Wait, what about Herc? buy now or pay extra 10m+ later?
    LTraveller, lv85 veno
    NamiOto, lv80 full support cleric
    RoamingAdmin, 7X fist/axe BM
    Ion_Cannon, 6X full mag wizard

(full support: healing + fire support)
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What he actually meant here was "2/3 of the player base are *unaware* of the GA's cost and advantage, therefore use 100k directly, and when they realize the mistake, it's already too late"... This worked in the last 2 Jones events, and it won't fail this time either...

Hard to believe with all those cat shop thightly packed around the Jones brothers, advertising GA at 55k or so.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Matche - Heavens Tear
    Matche - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Hard to believe with all those cat shop thightly packed around the Jones brothers, advertising GA at 55k or so.
    b:chuckle

Hard to believe yes, but neither of us is fully aware of what stupidity is really capable of <.< (and the easiest example would be "NO, I WON'T give my money to the greedy **** that sell overpraised GA's" or "hmm, let me try this, 100k isn't much *flop* OMG, <insert swearing sequence here>" outcomes)
This discussion has been closed.