Crude, almost worth leaving

1235»

Comments

• MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The only way to truely solve this is to have filtering system but that is up to the Devs which are in China.

^Children need to learn what is right to say and what is wrong and maybe smack or two might help them learn that it sure did with me.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    omg, gms, mods PLEASE lock this thread, NO ONE reads these ENDLESS walls of text

EVERYONE, READ MY SIGNATURE PLEASE.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    thankssir wrote: »
    wow... I wish the p***k that got me banned was as smart as you....

You knew the rules, you broke the rules, you got banned.

The only person who got your account banned was you, and taking responsibility for that is the first step. Blaming someone else simply shows that you are incapable of taking responsibility for your own actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Aoe, i too am stuck at home, with multidisabilties, so you and i have more in common than we thought....i live in a so called 'city' of less than 2k people, in the middle of nowhere. but i grew up in california, in orange county, so i well know the advantages and problems of both situations.

and true, education is better than forcing. but since those who do not know how to behave in a civilised manner-both here and IRL-have not learned how, they must be forced into it, unfortunantly.the children who play here-and by that i mean all those who behave in the same way as rude, illmannered ways, whatever they may be in actual years- do not care how other players feel, even when you attempt to make them realise that the character they see represents an actual person.

we all wish otherwise, but there isnt any way to handle rude people who are set in their ways. i have tried politely asking people to stop what they are doing, and every time been met with a stream of filthy language, and often had the person begin harassing me personally. so, yes, i do ask the GMs to take care of the problem....trying to deal with the filth only adds to my own personal tensions, and that is *not* why i am here. i have my own kids to raise, not the brats that pollute WC.

....sigh...i wish there were a way to help people learn, but closed minds will remain closed until there is a desire to learn.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Aoe, i too am stuck at home, with multidisabilties, so you and i have more in common than we thought....i live in a so called 'city' of less than 2k people, in the middle of nowhere. but i grew up in california, in orange county, so i well know the advantages and problems of both situations.

and true, education is better than forcing. but since those who do not know how to behave in a civilised manner-both here and IRL-have not learned how, they must be forced into it, unfortunantly.the children who play here-and by that i mean all those who behave in the same way as rude, illmannered ways, whatever they may be in actual years- do not care how other players feel, even when you attempt to make them realise that the character they see represents an actual person.

we all wish otherwise, but there isnt any way to handle rude people who are set in their ways. i have tried politely asking people to stop what they are doing, and every time been met with a stream of filthy language, and often had the person begin harassing me personally. so, yes, i do ask the GMs to take care of the problem....trying to deal with the filth only adds to my own personal tensions, and that is *not* why i am here. i have my own kids to raise, not the brats that pollute WC.

....sigh...i wish there were a way to help people learn, but closed minds will remain closed until there is a desire to learn.

Well eventually these people do end up learning. For example in another game I played can't say names but even on the PVE servers PK was allowed. Well there were two high levels on my server that went around pking new people relentlessly. We're talking about a level 100 going after level 20's. You didn't drop anything, you didn't have to do anything to them a but they pked you out of shear entertainment. However because of this she and he sparked a lot of hatred from those noobs. Those noobs remembered them and when they got high level and matched with theirs two people could not enjoy the game any more. Not only did they get pked non stop , no one would party them, everyone ksed them when they saw them or killed them. If they fought it just made them more of a target because eventually they would recieve a pk penalty. That being said lol what goes around eventually comes around. People remember kser's, people they get into fights with, and if these people are habitual offenders many people will remember them. These same people won't be pked but it be damn hard to level without being invited to parties or not having help with bosses.

As I said you have to ruin the fun of a habitual offender. Force is never the option because all it does is make a person go on the defense, and they will strive harder. For example even a cornered rat will still attack. If people ks it is because they get kicks at you crying, don't cry for them. If your griefed like people pulling a boss, do the smart thing lay down. stay quiet. They want people to cry and call for help. Tell the others as well stay down. Lol it's get's boring pulling a boss that isn't going to kill anyone. Don't respond to **** being said in wc. Most of those wc spammers just want attention whether negative or positive. If you say a word to them they just get worse. I logged in one day it was very quiet in world chat. One little character popped up and said why is it so quiet no one is talking. This particular person is known for spamming wc, no one responded not even a pm. Lol her last comment I'll come on when everyone isn't so dead and she logged out.

The game is not what these people find entertaining it's the people that are playing it. The human has become an object of entertainment, so don't become that object. That is actually what I mean by ruin the fun. Think logically about the human person, people aren't rude and crude because they can be it's because it's fun to be. These people irl socially probably don't fit in. They take their fustrations out by means of hatred and what they would actually like to do to their bully they show through their game play. Or you'll find people trying to cope with the stresses of life so they are using a game as an excuse to escape. My boss chewed me out today, my pet died, etc. So no one better mess with me I'm going to get them and make them suffer like I do. I can't get a bf/gf so I'm going to talk dirty to get the attention from guys and girls I want. They start become the very thing they hate in life. It won't stop until people learn not to feed these people the entertainment they are looking for.

As I said it will happen with time, and if it doesn't GM's will see their profit margins diminish, they will know what to do after that. My old game lost half their player base to such reasons, >.< also to low exp and drop rate. That game lost a lot of profits and gm's realized they still need new players to keep joining and finally they did something about it. Although >.< did not fix the drop or exp rate. Until then we player's helped out too. We waited in places to protect people while they level, and as I said those people who tormented the low levels were hurting in the end over it.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    omg, gms, mods PLEASE lock this thread, NO ONE reads these ENDLESS walls of text

EVERYONE, READ MY SIGNATURE PLEASE.
    i spy this repeating into the 'think venomancers are overpowered' **** thread, and goes on for 87 pages of the same repeat opinions and arguments.... reiterating seems to be a common habit of the forums.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    oh, and here come tear and sticky, right on time-the party poopers of PWI, who always chime in, because they never have anything constructive or helpful to contribute...b:laugh
    here, dont say i never gave you a present-free gold!b:chuckle

treasure.gif
    i spy this repeating into the 'think venomancers are overpowered' **** thread, and goes on for 87 pages of the same repeat opinions and arguments.... reiterating seems to be a common habit of the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Lorddeerskin - Heavens Tear
    Lorddeerskin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I can see where this thread's gonna go
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Son of the Fox, and The GM of the Midwest.
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I can see where this thread's gonna go

Yeah, no where. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well its not like the damn thing has any choice,can't just pack up and take the next flight to vegas now can it b:angry
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet
  • Zephyrx - Lost City
    Zephyrx - Lost City Posts: 1,563 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, no where. b:chuckle

Na... it's going straight down to the Lower Depths!
    Position: Professional Forum Troll
    Position Details: Be able to incite people to flames and perform miracles such as telling people what's right and what's wrong. Be able to dish out flames to other people so fire extinguishers are needed to put out the flames. Most of all, giving others a piece of reality.

ZephyrX is better than crack... he's your Anti-Drug
  • Denarra - Heavens Tear
    Denarra - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    For the Ladies, allow me to present our classic, elegant and flattering Bikini set. This Bikini set is sure to accentuate and illuminate that firm bodice of yours, taut yet tender, sweet with just a hint of spice. Our uniquely woven fabrics provides a full range of motion and support in the off-chance that you are suddenly pounced upon by a baddy and need to swing into battle immediately! Practicality with a dash of frivolity and sultriness! What more could you ask for?/QUOTE]

what more could I ask for? Ummm, I don't know maybe a little more coverage! It's disgusting!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MentalEdge - Heavens Tear
    MentalEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    For the Ladies, allow me to present our classic, elegant and flattering Bikini set. This Bikini set is sure to accentuate and illuminate that firm bodice of yours, taut yet tender, sweet with just a hint of spice. Our uniquely woven fabrics provides a full range of motion and support in the off-chance that you are suddenly pounced upon by a baddy and need to swing into battle immediately! Practicality with a dash of frivolity and sultriness! What more could you ask for?/QUOTE]

what more could I ask for? Ummm, I don't know maybe a little more coverage! It's disgusting!

Yeah,a black wooly turtleneck is much more appropriate in summer b:surrender
    Quit 100%...and surprised my forum account wasn't banned...yet