Crude, almost worth leaving

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    psh, Do you really like the more caustic behavior of a mind insane :P?

ಠ_ಠ

ಥ_ಥ

...yes. Yes, I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ಠ_ಠ

ಥ_ಥ

...yes. Yes, I do.
    Well then when Im off my meds you can have it then :P.
  • DarkReCon - Heavens Tear
    DarkReCon - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree with this however the main flaw is that its most of the players that behave in that bad way, so it will never stop since most of the time no one will ever report them.

No, most of the problem is the fact they do sometimes get reported with Screenshots and still nothing is done, if anything is then that person just makes another account and comes back on doing the same thing.. Also most of the infractions are Higher Lvls and EVERYONE knows nothing happens to them.. I am one person that does not believe in the PWI support system since I have turned in a few things and only seen 1 actually reprimanded..

P.S. its not all or mostly in Heavens Tear, I also play on Dreamweaver and it is worse there..
    Why wont my sig work.. Not kool..
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The problem lies in this, there are people from all walks of life. Also please keep in mind that not only do mmo's have a higher male population but they have a high adolescent population. You are going to run into things like this. Gm's cannot police people all the time, and gm's don't expect every player to report every single thing a player does. If a game is too strongly policed players will leave for a more lenient one.

No offense to you but i am not that much younger than you as i am 28, and i was taught when others are talking learn to stay out of their conversation. If it's something I do not want to read or see it's not hard for me to focus my attention else where and not let others bother me. I thank my father for that since he always taught us when adults speak leave the room or don't listen. I believe you are a bit over zealous in your approach towards such things. It's very easy to tell since you asterix sex, nipples, etc. These words are okay to say and shouldn't be viewed as vulgar. Definitely in your explanation you didn't use them in a vulgar way. You won't get people to think in your ideals nor will you make such a difference being so crude towards others. Being overly refined is your business and your choice of life. I too like to keep my private affairs private and wouldn't mind if others did so. However, I am also not one to rain on someone's parade because they don't share my same standards.

Do as the GM says and report those that you see saying offensive and sexual explicit things. However, be open minded somethings are not actually that offensive, and you need to judge properly what is inappropriate and what is not. How they are punished is up to the GM's. Until then learn to exercise tolerance, patience, and this quote 1 Thessalonians 4:11 Mind your own business. It's not a saying to be rude but this is a saying to protect yourself and your standards, and not be overly concerned over others. It's a good rule to follow and saves you less heart ache. Parents who allow their children to play this game, have to face the consequences themselves as to what their children are associated with. I use MYOB in game when i am playing if i don't like what's the topic in wc i flip on party chat and grind away. If I am in a party that is speaking to each other in a manner i do not like I simply ignore them and mind my own business or leave party. Not so hard.

For those of you I am not getting religious i am simply stating a quote, that I believe the OP will be able to relate to.
  • andythecat
    andythecat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Most of the players who feel offended by bad language dont reply here.

How many people is using bad words at world chat at any given moment?
    No more than 3 up to 10. I would say average is from 3 to 6.
    And 1000 to 4000 players "have" to read it.
    It is insane IMO.

Perfect World is not anyones private toilet so if somebody wants to feel the taste of poo in his mouth - I think he should do it in other place than the world chat.

Bad people, arrogants, idiots, etc almost always have many handy excuses and explanations. And they are enough blind to belive.

I think there is no sense to discuss with people who think free spech law means they can say everytning and everywhere.

Reading some replies here I have to write:
    (the same is no sense do discuss such things with kids, I am not their parents. If u are under about 21 go talk about it with ur dad or mum, not whith me, really. If u are above about 25 and still dont get it - I am not a partner for you. Sooner or later you will find your lawer a more suitable one to talk about why somebody is suing you when u feel u are so perfect.)

PS. I myself know 2 players who are anymore in PW because of the bad language. In next 2-6 months about 8 players (I know) are ready to leave if noting will be done with the bad language problem. PWI is a nice game but we cant accept playing in such conditions.

Have I mentioned - bad language, profanity etc etc is against the game rules - I think thats enough to make this case clear.

If I offended anyone with my post - I am sorry - it wasnt my intention at all. I was pointing problem not pointing players. But if you personally feel hurted - maybe this is the highest time to wash your mouth and feel the freshnes u forgot (sorry coudnt resist).

I think we as a community should be glad someone statred that topic. Thanks.

Yes Huston - we have problem here. Wake up!

English isnt my native, I did my best to be understable here.
  • Aoe - Heavens Tear
    Aoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There are are hundreds of thousands of people that play pwi. Do you understand how much manpower that would take to have some police the servers twenty four seven seven days a week for each server. As tear said it's ridiculous.

Second it is not so bad i play this game at all times out of the day and haven't found anything that offends me in any manner. I myself am on Heavens Tear Aoe i have 70 posts and not afraid to say anything on my character instead of an alt to others if I disagree with them. I was called a **** once by some kids i screen shot it sent it to the gms, and they were dealt with. Not so hard teach little kids i don't have to kiss you if i don't want too lol. Other than that I do not find it being so bad. If people are leaving heavens tear over it I haven't noticed it's seems the server is packed full every day. No offense but even if 200 people left pwi it still wouldn't dent their profit margin since as i said hundreds of thousands of people play this game. I'm sure they get almost that amount of new people in a day. You have your beliefs but threatening someone to force them to conform to your ways and change rules according to your standards is not the right way to make a difference.

Religion does not belong in an international mmo, where there are people from all sorts of religions and cultures as well as up bringing. The courteous thing to do is just as the gm said and be tolerant of others just as they are tolerant of you. You must earn respect to get it and lording over someone is not the way to do it.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    After reading first 2 pages and ignoring rest.

BLACKLIST
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • epherine
    epherine Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You know, part of the problem is not having a limitless blacklist.
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Call me a care bear or any other ignorant name you want, I really could care less.

The blatant disregard for the terms of service in this game is staggering. Even more staggering is the fact that ITS ALLOWED!

Having to see people talk about (co***ms,s*x,t**s, n******s and any other sexual enuendo) is baffling. Sure go ahead say, well if you didn't wanna see it turn off world chat. Ok.. I do that and sure as anything its in regular chat. So turn off regular chat.. Ok.. I can do that ... but then its in faction chat(not the one I'm in but ones I"ve been in). OK so turn off faction chat. Wow staggering that is the answer for all the "non carebears". So now I'm limited to squad, pm and trade. But wait a minute, I see it all the time in trade chat too. So if I bleep that out I'm left with squad chat and pm. Now lets just say I happen to get into a squad of people whom I don't know all that well.. and need to turn off squad chat as well. All I'm left with is pm. WOOHOO!!

The terms of service are very clear about this kind of talk and they (the ppl who run this site) refuse to do anything about it. A 20 minute ban for a person who repeatedly says stuff about licking their own n*****s in wc? Come on. This is to the rediclous point people. This is a game. Yes a game. Don't say it back to me like a retort and an excuse for your blissful ignorance and disrespect of others who play this "game" as well. It is not intended for those things. Not to mention the 100's even 1000's of children who in agreeance with that same TOS are online when you choose to spout out your indecencies. This is NOT an adult only game. But that isn't even my main gripe.. some of us don't want to hear what you did this weekend with your partner, or about the illegal activities you partook in.

Is there a reason that the GM's can not and do not and refuse to STOP the people who continue to make this an X rated place to play? Furthermore, why is it so important for ppl to make this an x rated place to play? I Just don't get it. And honestly I applaud the people who have left and am very close to following in their footsteps. Not that anyone but the OWNERS will miss me as I spend my fair share of real life money on this game.

The theory is that well.. I buy my teles I should be able to shout about what I want. Well you know what, I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ but I am not on there cramming my beliefs and how I feel about him down YOUR throats! Get off it already! Help make this site enjoyable for all!~

Sounds like you need to get a headset and play a game that allows players to speak and listen to how people in all of those games talk. I think you would really be shocked and blown out of your socks. words on a screen are although offensive at times, are alot better than hearing every foul-mouthed word screamed in your ear. be glad pwi doesnt have the voice option.
  • Inias - Heavens Tear
    Inias - Heavens Tear Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i always tought this game was 18 + so ppl didn't really care about what is been said in normal chat etc :/

also , about kids i think 90 % of the kids today are used to this kind of language maybe depending on country your from but when i was 10 or + i didn't really care about words like s*x, t*ts etc :/

oh well i don't really notice any probs with language in this game . maybe a fw times .
    thanks to forsaken for this awesome sig b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It is impossible for GMs to be everywhere at once monitoring every conversation that takes place.

It would be if PWI was not so cheap and would hire more GMs to do the job.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited June 2009
    It would be if PWI was not so cheap and would hire more GMs to do the job.

b:surrender
    wrong >_>; just wrong. and people wonder why they get insulted on these boards
  • thankssir
    thankssir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The blatant disregard for the terms of service in this game is staggering. Even more staggering is the fact that ITS ALLOWED!QUOTE]

If it's allowed, why did my main get banned?
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    The theory is that well.. I buy my teles I should be able to shout about what I want.

Maybe you should be able to but it's their game and their rules. Follow the rules or go play something else.

Life isn't Burger King... you can't always have it your way.
  • Bromsen - Heavens Tear
    Bromsen - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i always tought this game was 18 + so ppl didn't really care about what is been said in normal chat etc :/

I find it hard to believe that if you actually read wc for length of time, that you actually believe that the majority of the players are 18+. They sure don't act/sound like it.

I turned off wc and even local. I turn it on when I am looking to but things that might be advertised by such means.

And the "accidental" excuses don't mean much in the context of the original post. It is quite difficult to 'accidentally' post that you are playing with your d**k or p***y or want to play with someone elses'.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I want to thank everyone who has chosen to contribute to this conversation in a meaningful way without flaming. Flames are fun for a while but nothing beats being able to actually read what people really think. b:laugh This is a nice thread to read.

Everyone else: follow their lead. if you feel that you have a valid opinion, express that opinion with words and give justification for your point of view.

If all you have to add to the conversation is "monitor every single person in the game at once, it's your job!" please justify your opinion with facts, because this is a highly unrealistic expectation that is not feasible in real life.
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You know, in-game (like in Real Life) there are tons of different personalities. Everyone is different and everyone has different opinions. Some dont mind the cussing, some cuss a lot themselves, some find cussing terrible etc.
    If I dont like the cussing, i let the concerning person know i don't like it. (like i do in real-life :P) I don't go running to, let's say the teacher in school immediatly "he cussed! he needs to get punished!"
    Like some players do now in regards of contacting GM's "GM!! he said some bad words! he should be banned!".

Conclusion :P --> try to work things out yourself first. If I don't like the cussing, I let the person know. Maybe it helps, maybe it won't. If it doesn't help, then i'll send i ticket AFTER i made sure I did everything I could.
    Untill now, i havent felt the need to send a ticket about it.

/rant
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    You know, in-game (like in Real Life) there are tons of different personalities. Everyone is different and everyone has different opinions. Some dont mind the cussing, some cuss a lot themselves, some find cussing terrible etc.
    If I dont like the cussing, i let the concerning person know i don't like it. (like i do in real-life :P) I don't go running to, let's say the teacher in school immediatly "he cussed! he needs to get punished!"
    Like some players do now in regards of contacting GM's "GM!! he said some bad words! he should be banned!".

Conclusion :P --> try to work things out yourself first. If I don't like the cussing, I let the person know. Maybe it helps, maybe it won't. If it doesn't help, then i'll send i ticket AFTER i made sure I did everything I could.
    Untill now, i havent felt the need to send a ticket about it.

/rant

There is one big problem with this though. Far too many players out there, if you ask them to stop doing it, they'll just laugh at you, tell you to stop crying then do what you asked them to not do even more than ever.

People that do things like that, or like it when you hate them (and therefore do everything they can to **** off everyone in the server) most definitely should be reported and dealt with.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    There is one big problem with this though. Far too many players out there, if you ask them to stop doing it, they'll just laugh at you, tell you to stop crying then do what you asked them to not do even more than ever.

People that do things like that, or like it when you hate them (and therefore do everything they can to **** off everyone in the server) most definitely should be reported and dealt with.

yep yep agreed, hooray for ticketing service b:chuckle

Still, i can't imagine ppl doin stuff like that in-game.. You'll undoubtedly gain enemies, ppl will be reluctant to help you with stuff, everyone will know 'you are that person that ..... ', ppl won't like you at all and you risk getting reported.. so why is it fun to behave like that? i really don't get it...
    >.<
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2009

^^ QFT!! And there are a few that do it all on purpose. The more you acknowledge, the longer they go. I just tell people to ignore them, since all they want is the attention they are getting.
    yep yep agreed, hooray for ticketing service b:chuckle

Still, i can't imagine ppl doin stuff like that in-game.. You'll undoubtedly gain enemies, ppl will be reluctant to help you with stuff, everyone will know 'you are that person that ..... ', ppl won't like you at all and you risk getting reported.. so why is it fun to behave like that? i really don't get it...

They do not care, it is the power of anonymity. They think they can do what they want without consequences because no one "knows" who they really are. And speaking on a purely psychological note --> they are doing the things that they cannot do/get away with in rl.
    I want to thank everyone who has chosen to contribute to this conversation in a meaningful way without flaming. Flames are fun for a while but nothing beats being able to actually read what people really think. b:laugh This is a nice thread to read.

Everyone else: follow their lead. if you feel that you have a valid opinion, express that opinion with words and give justification for your point of view.

If all you have to add to the conversation is "monitor every single person in the game at once, it's your job!" please justify your opinion with facts, because this is a highly unrealistic expectation that is not feasible in real life.

I have to agree with you 100%, I thought for sure this was going to be a HUGE flame thread, but it has actually turned into a very good discussion (this can be a rare thing on the forums).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited June 2009
    exactly, its called acting out. havent you ever heard :o. anonymous is the internet hate machine?
    edited June 2009
    300_128648.jpg
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009

They do not care, it is the power of anonymity. They think they can do what they want without consequences because no one "knows" who they really are. And speaking on a purely psychological note --> they are doing the things that they cannot do/get away with in rl.

Yeah.. still, i couldnt do it even if i wanted it... it's just not who i am, so why would i act like that. That's why i can't understand those ppl.
    But i totally get your point though, anonymity is powerful thing..

But then again why would 'they' do that to other ppl online, let em play any given RPG Single Player. There they can be the bad guy without any concequences for other ppl. But i guess that's just not the same for some..
    >.<
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Give someone the ability to be anonymous, and they reveal their true personality. How they act is who they REALLY are.

In my case, there is no difference. What you see is what you get I don't act any different irl or online.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
    edited June 2009
    I think you should research the group called Anonymous, guys :O. You may learn a few things.

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not Forgive. We do not Forget.

famous quote o:.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    exactly, its called acting out. havent you ever heard :o. anonymous is the internet hate machine?

4chan: internet hate machine

Internet Hate Machine

The Cost of Insecurity - Griefing: from Anonymity to Accountability

"No "Right to Anonymity"

Insults and harassment are virtually routine for many online games. The anonymity afforded to online game players has given rise to widespread and increasingly aggressive harassment. The hardcore gamers that are otherwise prized by game companies are often the worst offenders and taunt "n00bs" [2]. This, of course, is the riskiest time for a game operator"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to add another element to this discussion if anyone cares to read it:

IMO these people who are acting out are NOT the kind of people who would do it in real life, on the contrary these may be the very same people who get harassed in real life, seeking to inflict the same pain that they experience on someone else in a situation where they know that their true nature cannot be discovered.

These people are called sub-oppressors, in this case people who play MMOs are largely stereotyped as "geeks" and looked down upon to some degree(geeks unite!). Once they realize that they cannot be distinguished from anyone else online, they seek to inflict harm on others.

The irony is that the folks who they harass are probably the people who they would identify with the most in real life.

tl;dr take it or leave it I don't mind being ignored if I'm talking nonsense
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I agree completly with spoons. There are a limited number of people in that office. To remedy this there is a section at the bottom of perfectworld.com that says careers. Why don't people apply to try to get some more people available to them. Last I checked there were positions looking to be filled. I applied, but I'm on the wrong coast. Since complaints like this do seem to come up a lot lets help out and get those positions filled. More people = more coverage.
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    These people are called sub-oppressors, in this case people who play MMOs are stereotyped as "geeks" and looked down upon to some degree(geeks unite!). Once they realize that they cannot be distinguished from anyone else online, they seek to inflict harm on others.

The irony is that the folks who they harass are probably the people who they would identify with the most in real life.

You speak the truth in my opinion. There are plenty of research articles out there that say this same thing. Even the AMA has identified this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Majesta - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    I'd like to add another element to this discussion if anyone cares to read it:

IMO these people who are acting out are NOT the kind of people who would do it in real life, on the contrary these may be the very same people who get harassed in real life, seeking to inflict the same pain that they experience on someone else in a situation where they know that their true nature cannot be discovered.

These people are called sub-oppressors, in this case people who play MMOs are stereotyped as "geeks" and looked down upon to some degree(geeks unite!). Once they realize that they cannot be distinguished from anyone else online, they seek to inflict harm on others.

you know, that actually makes sense... though i think it's disturbing if one behaves like that.
    Maybe those ppl are lonely, as in they can't talk about it and just bottle up their thoughts and feelings. For them the 'online world' is the place they can let it all out and maybe in the wrong kind of way. Like you said, if i don't interpret it wrong, having power over other ppl is something they don't have in RL and can have in-game. Or it's something they experience in real life with the roles reversed, so someone has power over them. And they can compensate things they are missing out on in-game.

just my thoughts...
    >.<