CONTEST: Summer Action Blockbuster Trailer![closed]

Comments

• Arrowind - Lost City
    Arrowind - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Good vid!!

Thats some very good smooth filming.. What program did you use?? I always need to fasten my img due to the framerate which is to low.. (to much lagging so i need to speed it up to have no lagging, but walking looks very stupid then...)

And nice effect. NO IDEA how you did manage that.. Can't do that in the video editing program i usedb:surrender

well...I used fraps wich i regret b:cry. It screwed up my resolution, my friend filmed , maybe thats cuz we don`t either have experience with fraps.But anyways i`m glad it don`t lags. Oh and for the movie After Effects was my babyb:laugh
    Arrowind
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    same for me. fraps kinda suxed but left with no choice...

any1 hv software prog for me to download?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I used CamStudio. It's better for longer time. With Fraps, the quality sucked for me.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear
    Foxraikov_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I used pens and paper for my entry and made a flip book, can it be added?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]When I am defeated in this battle a truth will be born in this world. And a fleeting dream will transform, slowly filling with color. And only when this ordeal is finally overcome, will my soul at last be allowed to leave my physical body. Then let us test it. Whether I..no. Whether my spirit can become a lance... capable of piercing through every one of you. We'll see if I am truly such a weak human being!

6/20/10 Last day
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Arrowind I agree with VenLooki. I fell in love with the sweeping sceneries, making these look magical and regal. I was amazed with how you edited the archer with blue arrow lines....wow.....

Yours is comparable with Venorik.
    I used CamStudio. It's better for longer time. With Fraps, the quality sucked for me.

Kittennice ok, will take a look at camstudio when I have time. Thanks! I know no one commented on my 3 crappy videos but I hope someone here take a look and tell what is my weakness. I will try my best to see how I can overcome this area. Please do.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Bludan Camstudio works okay.. But the framerate s*cks pretty hard.. If you keep the speed the same it looks like really laggy.. You need to speed things up and that makes some images look very badb:sad (I used camstudio in my first video 2...............)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    u refer to my 3 videos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Bludan Camstudio works okay.. But the framerate s*cks pretty hard.. If you keep the speed the same it looks like really laggy.. You need to speed things up and that makes some images look very badb:sad (I used camstudio in my first video 2...............)

Did you go to video options? It makes it not lag.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited June 2009
    u refer to my 3 videos?

What videos were those?
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dakomon#play/all/uploads-all/0/aOFcLQ14YOc

http://www.youtube.com/user/dakomon#play/all/uploads-all/1/00FO9otI3nc

http://www.youtube.com/user/dakomon#play/all/uploads-all/0/FlNbYAAwK3U

please pardon the music backgrounds. I know its fouled up cos I anyhow mixed 2 or 3 different genres onto 1 video. I need patience and practises to make myself more attuned with music editing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    First Vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/dakomon#.../0/aOFcLQ14YOc

It was good. I liked how you fused the sound effects such as her footsteps and the rain with the music. Great quality. A bit laggy with the trees but not so much to notice so it's good. Different scenes and not standing much in place is great. There is constant movement with a gentle elegance (I liked that too^^)

This is just what I think: I found the name over her head a bit distracting (Not much but still floating about). The pace of the words on the screen should be much slower so a person doesn't have to race to read it (perhaps a fade in and out to meet the soft music. Not a quick wipe off the screen. Let it fade so people can still see it and tell when the words will be taken off the screen.) And perhaps you should stick with one song or blend it in with the other. Don't immediately jump into another song, smooth it out gently. Like for the first song to the second, wait till it hits a softer note. I would say you could cut the song at 1:17 then turn it to the second song. I found the slow song with her fighting unfitting... (Just a music tip. I will pardon it :P)

Other than that, it's good.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
    edited June 2009
    Second Vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/dakomon#play/all/uploads-all/1/00FO9otI3nc

I found it cuteb:cute. I don't normally say that. At least I don't think so. >.< A very entertaining vid. I loved how you introduced the guild members. Music was very fitting for this vid. Sure I can't understand the words but the beat fit the body movement. Dialog made me lol. Great staging and timing. I give you a 5 for this one.

My thoughts: The only problem was those darn floating names. Take them off and you're set!

Last Vid: http://www.youtube.com/user/dakomon#.../0/FlNbYAAwK3U

I liked the first song in this one. I wished you kept it going. When walking it really looked like his head was turned to look at the girl. That was great angling especially some other clips.

My addition: The no sound at all really bugged me. Sound effects of him walking at least would be great. Eventhough the first song was skipping for some reason, it had me hooked. Catchy songs are your best friend. A bit more sync timing on the clip fade and music. Example: La la la la la... -clip fade-
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    sorry for my late reply! I just finished ironing the clothes....

The reason why i decided not to turn off the nicks above our heads is because I wanted that to be associated with gaming. I know it's distracting and I openly admitted it's a wrong bad decision I made but still I went ahead with that.

Do not worry as I have taken down your pointers and make good use of these in upcoming video contests should they have in future! I'm glad you have chosen to be frank with your thoughts on pretext of making me feel flattered. I need honest remarks so as to keep me grounded on earth :P

I'll hv no choice but to count on my faction members on music editing next time. The second vid music was done by 1 of my female members, thus you found no faults on that.

finally i guess none of my 3 videos will make the cut to top 3. I will treat this video contest as my first test. hopefully the future video contests, plus your pointers, i'll eventually produce a piece worthy of Venorik!!!! ha ha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    My addition: The no sound at all really bugged me. Sound effects of him walking at least would be great. Eventhough the first song was skipping for some reason, it had me hooked. Catchy songs are your best friend. A bit more sync timing on the clip fade and music. Example: La la la la la... -clip fade-

I am hearing-impaired, naturally it's different case for you b:surrender
    We hearing-impaired community tend to rely heavily on visuals and texts more than music.

BUT there're some who adore music and live on music! I am one of them but when it comes to editing, I stumble cos I have to match the lyrics to a suitable part. (like what you said abt my song unfitting for the fighting scenes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Ah, I see now about the names. You did great for your first time. It's also good to critique yourself. I have found faults in my video as well. Noone is perfect but practice does make you better.

For practicing, you could just film and make movies for the heck of it. Or you can use handy-dandy anime to help you so you don't need to film and just practice on timing and body coordination.

Edit: Sorry, I would have not critiqued the music part if I knew.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Venorik - Sanctuary
    Venorik - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    finally i guess none of my 3 videos will make the cut to top 3. I will treat this video contest as my first test. hopefully the future video contests, plus your pointers, i'll eventually produce a piece worthy of Venorik!!!! ha ha

Ya sure know how to make a person feel flattered. Greatly appreciate it. b:chuckle

I'll take a look at your vids again tomorrow, just came off a string of rebirth runs, a bit too tired. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Venorik - The Movie Trailer] youtube.com/watch?v=wUYC9oC4gTM
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    kittennice please don't. it's good to know that I have seen the error I should avoid next time.

I have seen your video and it's awesome, esp the music when PWI logo was zooming. The class introduction is an old-school feel, remsinisce of Might and Magic game when I played that.

I think you should reduce the numbers of flashing lights to ease on our eyes :) Imagine watching your video in dark theatre.....that reminds me of yoda's laser sword duel with darth vader (I think?), very flashy and saw stars on my eyes lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Ya sure know how to make a person feel flattered. Greatly appreciate it. b:chuckle

I'll take a look at your vids again tomorrow, just came off a string of rebirth runs, a bit too tired. b:laugh

I never flatter you. It's a testimony to your talent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arrowind - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Venorik is that a scenery from Max Payne or i`m wrong ?
    The video is good :) I like the music choice, nice ambient.But it has the tendecy to become booring when actualy is not, you should have used some sound effctes or a more dynamic music on the duel part for example.Anyways don`t get me wrong , i also have parts in my video that i could have done better :D
    Arrowind
  • Tahtank - Heavens Tear
    Tahtank - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Tahtank Just watched your video.

Overall it's great and smooth transitions, esp the classes! Sorry I cannot hear the music but I can see your efforts on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tahtank - Heavens Tear
    Tahtank - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Tahtank Just watched your video.

Overall it's great and smooth transitions, esp the classes! Sorry I cannot hear the music but I can see your efforts on that.

Hey Bludan

im glad you liked it, but sadly i was to late to put it in as entry b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    aww dun be sad!!!! you see, my 3 videos won't make the cut...so we are in same boat!!!! but if your video was in the list, i felt it'd be nominated!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salvia - Heavens Tear
    Salvia - Heavens Tear Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Wow, there are some really interesting videos in this competition. I really liked "The Choice" it had an interesting story line. In fact a lot of movies had some interesting ideas. My top favorite was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQDa4kzUqFI

I tried my hand at two videos as well. Guess I could show them here.
    First: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxaIZWjUxtE
    Second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6whhdjdFVhs
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=968287001[/SIGPIC]
    ________Evil is calling her name. . .and she is answering________
    _____________________"Take me away."____________________
  • Arrowind - Lost City
    edited June 2009
    Wow, there are some really interesting videos in this competition. I really liked "The Choice" it had an interesting story line. In fact a lot of movies had some interesting ideas. My top favorite was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQDa4kzUqFI

Nice, i like the second one :P
    Arrowind
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2009

"The Choice" was one of my favorites as well, though it was more a theatrical short than a 'trailer' per se - would love to see a Part 2 ;)

Salvia - saw both of yours. Really interesting stuff, though it's a shame the matting effect seems to crop out so much. Blocking the GUI and watermarks I suppose?
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I liked most of them. Making a faux movie preview is pretty serious business, it's not an easy task and I think everyone did pretty well.
  • NaoShimai - Sanctuary
    NaoShimai - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I liked most of them. Making a faux movie preview is pretty serious business, it's not an easy task and I think everyone did pretty well.

Thank you =D And I 100% agree, everyone did a great job. It's nice to see individual styles coming out in the videos, very flavorful? (is that a word?)

And thanks, Kephras for liking mine =) I hope it gave you a giggle or two!

But really, everyone, two thumbs up on your videos!! All us aspiring directors need to be very proud of our work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Deculture~!^o^
  • Revolte - Heavens Tear
    Revolte - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    well, heres the one I made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN6E6FaEIu8

watch in HQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Duper Uber Booper
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Salvia your second video simply has 2 words and this is GIRL POWER! Dripping with black lust and white love for the world domination.....it is not quite an original in terms of actual movies outside such as The Bride Wars but is refreshing one for the game!

The video is done artistically as your first one but with better borders. Personally it's more of MV than a trailer because of its style presentation. I was rocking my body when I watched it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]