Have fun with watching all our videosb:laugh

I thought the same thing, better have lots of coffee ready b:chuckle
  • MomoPai - Sanctuary
    MomoPai - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pipz wrote: »
    Eeeeep, ever the last-minute Momo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hN0KNeFtw

Enjoy! It ended up being rushed, and i'm worried YouTube might not be very happy with my music choice b:sad

Oops. I fail at av changing >.> b:surrenderb:shocked
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    Bludan - Heavens Tear Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Why is this thread locked? Event runs until 5pm PST

@ Spoons yeah, was surprised about that. we didnt say wrong? As for results. you mentioned next week. that's a sweet answer, coming from you! Entertainment time for you and staff!

@ participants During the competition, you gave all your best. I give you all my best wishes. I have seen Venorik's and I decided his video killed my hopes (very good movie style and a movie poster to boot!)

speaking of movie poster, how about we have movie or advertisment poster contest?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    yeah, was surprised about that. we didnt say wrong?

I figured it out, an admin jumped the gun b:shocked
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Well there isn't a reason to close the thread. Let people speculate :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Movie poster ad contest eh? I'll make a note of that
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    You could also try just an MV contest, spare people the trouble of thinking of a plot for their vids :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    You could also try just an MV contest, spare people the trouble of thinking of a plot for their vids :P

I've been thinking about what the next evolution of the video contest is going to be, I definitely have this in mind but nothing has been decided yet.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thank you, Spoons.

And good luck to allb:thanks

This event reminded me of my AMVs (I haven't done 1 in a year!)b:shocked
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • MomoPai - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    I don't see my entry on the PWIChannel playlist b:sad

Just wondered whether you'd recieved it or not, i definetly emailed before the deadline b:surrender
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    mompai, you're all good I have your video b:victory
  • MomoPai - Sanctuary
    edited June 2009
    mompai, you're all good I have your video b:victory

Mompai?! b:beatup

b:avoid

Thanks for the quick reply anyway spoons! b:victory
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Mompai?! b:beatup

b:avoid

Thanks for the quick reply anyway spoons! b:victory

hehe missed an O there, but I know how to spell your name my hands are just tired.
  • Showboat - Dreamweaver
    Showboat - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Posted this a while ago, just decided to post the link in this thread in time for it to close (probably soon) so that more people will see it b:victory

Prepare for the Attack of the Cats!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lYUiQBrg18
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    edited June 2009
    Eh I won't close the thread for a few days. Submissions are closed and people know that, but it's good to provide a space for people to share their work
  • ellista
    ellista Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
  • ellista
    ellista Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ellista wrote: »

aw man Closed..
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    I've been thinking about what the next evolution of the video contest is going to be, I definitely have this in mind but nothing has been decided yet

MV? meaning music video? wow, Aesthor good idea you have there! Spoons, please propose the idea to PWI staff asap! my fingers cannot stay calm anymore.... the prizes for top 3 can be their choice for land/fly mounts! or unrelased set of COOLER clothes (that is NOT AVAILABLE IN CASH SHOP FOR LONG LONG.....)
    I know I can't hear but this time I will just use any 1 suitable song and insert it in whole video as long it matches the length of time. MV CONTEST ANYONE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    MV? meaning music video? wow, Aesthor good idea you have there! Spoons, please propose the idea to PWI staff asap! my fingers cannot stay calm anymore.... the prizes for top 3 can be their choice for land/fly mounts! or unrelased set of COOLER clothes (that is NOT AVAILABLE IN CASH SHOP FOR LONG LONG.....)
    I know I can't hear but this time I will just use any 1 suitable song and insert it in whole video as long it matches the length of time. MV CONTEST ANYONE?

>.< Isn't that what people did? I already saw a couple to just music and effects.

I did mine that way just with trailer type stuff in it. AMV style FTWb:victory
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Bludan - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    yup i saw a few AMVs among the trailer videos.

well, i have not made 1 yet so maybe if they do it again, i'll jump at it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I hope you'll pardon me for saying so, but I'm really hoping it takes more than just music and some miscellaneous footage to win this.

(IMO, "Perfect Heroes" totally deserves the top spot for creativity, brilliance, actual acting, and superb execution)
    edited June 2009
    I hope you'll pardon me for saying so, but I'm really hoping it takes more than just music and some miscellaneous footage to win this.

(IMO, "Perfect Heroes" totally deserves the top spot for creativity, brilliance, actual acting, and superb execution)

AMVs aren't just put togethers if that's what you're implying...

There's more to AMVs such as: lipsync (If there are words), body coordination, perfect timing, creativity (effects or how the clips flow), and working with what you have. Every effect has to be in sync to execute the perfect amv.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Arrowind - Lost City
    Arrowind - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Like kittenice said, behind thoose music and miscellnaous footage is the hard work of video and sound effects that has to be in sync with the atmosphere you creating,video effects has to be in sync with the music and so on..
    I`m telling you this because i know how much i worked on my video with my friend . I could turn out way better but i saw the competition too late, like 1 week ago. Check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRAqzyqsLsg
    Arrowind
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009

Good point...except with the limited animations available in PW, I find that my imagination has to stretch a little to convince me that acting and plot is going on.

PWI features some very nice animations and effects that go with them. I think they are best used in the short bursts they're available in, and I find that 'acting' is a waste of their visual appeal. I mean, good job all of you who did your "acting" in the trailers but really the only difference I saw between those and "MV style" trailers is you guys spend a lot more time walking around and panning the camera with not much going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited June 2009
    Like kittenice said, behind thoose music and miscellnaous footage is the hard work of video and sound effects that has to be in sync with the atmosphere you creating,video effects has to be in sync with the music and so on..
    I`m telling you this because i know how much i worked on my video with my friend . I could turn out way better but i saw the competition too late, like 1 week ago. Check it out : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRAqzyqsLsg

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. :P It was awesome. Graphics were beautiful. Composition was excellent. And the timing was just ---> @_@
    The music fit it well.

I give you a 5

Here's mine. It was done on moviemaker: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRw1eCrQCg&fmt=18
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Arrowind - Lost City
    Arrowind - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Hehe thanks. I watched yours, i like it :D. Just that lag b:cry , but anyways it`s sweet i like the music choice :P
    Arrowind
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    In my unbiased opinion, I think there are many AMV's that give any of them a huge run for their money! I've seen some better "acting" in these too. I really don't think that the GM's will put movies with voice-overs into a seperate category of awesomeness.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Hehe thanks. I watched yours, i like it :D. Just that lag b:cry , but anyways it`s sweet :P

I don't know what's up with the lag.b:shockedIt wasn't there 3 hours ago.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • VenLooki - Heavens Tear
    VenLooki - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Good vid!!

Thats some very good smooth filming.. What program did you use?? I always need to fasten my img due to the framerate which is to low.. (to much lagging so i need to speed it up to have no lagging, but walking looks very stupid then...)

And nice effect. NO IDEA how you did manage that.. Can't do that in the video editing program i usedb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Marshal of Loyalty faction in Heavens Tear!!
    A fun, loyal and most of all helpfull faction!!!
    My Hercules, VenLooki's Secret, has been born!
    edited June 2009
    Heck ya, I would love to do that on my future AMVs. I'm going to start up again.

Been using moviemaker since I started AMVs. 3years agob:shocked
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!