Best character of each class to ever grace LC

Comments

• dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In theory the 79 Skill debuff should work like ironwood, reduce pdef 100% but I have tested it and it just ends up reducing pdef by around 1/2 in PvP. Has anyone actually tested hell ironwood by having a reliable person check their charscreen?

Physical defense reduces by 100% <> 20% chance to reduce physical defense to zero.

Even tho both effects are known as Armor break, the effect is different.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Yes, ironwood definitely reduces pdef to 0. But bleeds damage per tick depends on how much pdef the player/mob had AS IT HIT. Meaning if you tick for 800 then ironwood procs then the ticks will continue to be 800, as opposed to like... what, 3k?
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ironwood bleed is about 3.5-3.8k ticks not sure if bleed damage is effected if ironwood procs after they use bleed but i do know you're dead anyway as the nix normal hits now do 1.8-2k
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    In theory the 79 Skill debuff should work like ironwood, reduce pdef 100% but I have tested it and it just ends up reducing pdef by around 1/2 in PvP. Has anyone actually tested hell ironwood by having a reliable person check their charscreen?

From what I hear the 79 debuffs don't work in pvp at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slick_Pimp - Lost City
    Slick_Pimp - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For EA,i'd say Tumeric.His gear is insane and if u ever saw his hp u'd think he has vit in his build but he's pure dex.So far in terms of pvp,he's unmatched.I've seen him tank lvl 9x nix and kill them like if it was nothing,but i guess his gear makes him wat he is today.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Because that would be 100% broken. You could 1 shot WB's after you amp em if you get a 100% armor break >,>. Its good if they don't work, it means they used their brains. Your class is broken enough.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Tumeric also has all +6 3-4 socket with g7 hp and a +8 bow with 2 g9 shards, +5-6 everything else. Obvious cash shop is obvious :P
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    For EA,i'd say Tumeric.His gear is insane and if u ever saw his hp u'd think he has vit in his build but he's pure dex.So far in terms of pvp,he's unmatched.I've seen him tank lvl 9x nix and kill them like if it was nothing,but i guess his gear makes him wat he is today.

Ya Tumeric is good, but any WF that doesn't debuff and amp him will die to him, easily. Thats the case when it comes to killing an archer.

My votes: (These are all people I know who pvp frequently, so don't get mad if I left anyone out.)

EA - Chaotiic, Envy, Droga, Midnight(when he doesn't **** mode).
    MG - Elayne, Haiz. I'd vote myself but thats just snobby.
    WB - Pnut, PandaLord.
    WF - Fiery, Cancer (HATE THAT BISH AND HER 1 HOUR DEW OF STAR PROTECTIONS) So fricking hard to kill and she actually knows how to PVP. IE: She doesn't kite you and run all day. Stands her ground and **** you.
    WR - Lyssic, Takaru, Athran
    EP - Xtacy, Fiddy_yen, he's a beast in pvp.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    ch2h5oh wrote: »
    No you can't. A level 100 archer can kill a well equipped WB like Griminflamez (but it wont be easy), but a wizard can't. When you play a WB you would understand "why" you can't.

I'm not in a mood for theoretical battles so I'll just come down and explain to you that wizards are 2 shots for a 9X WB, Armor break; Predation = bye bye robes.

Deity was the only one on the whole server who killed GrimInflamez in a 1 vs 1 (at the factor levels). If you still believe you can solo kill GrimInflamez, I suggest you stand still and ask DestroyTokyo to make 2 hits on you. If his 2nd shot doesn't kill you, I'll quit posting here.

2 Shots from DestroyTokyo won't even tick my hiero, he'll be the first to admit that.

And ya I also killed flamez solo, 2 shot.

The 9K and 10K crits I hit Ballin with also spellt the end of that WB. I think what you're stuck on is the enigma of light mages that your guild is plagued with. They aren't DDs, they serve to do nothing in pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Icon - Harshlands
    Icon - Harshlands Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I have the Aoe debuff, it works PvP, just only reduces pdef/mdef by 50%. Its really fun pve too, I think its 100% effective, people go WTF a their damage in FBs and HH b:kissb:cuteb:kiss
  • ch2h5oh
    ch2h5oh Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    2 Shots from DestroyTokyo won't even tick my hiero, he'll be the first to admit that.

And ya I also killed flamez solo, 2 shot.

The 9K and 10K crits I hit Ballin with also spellt the end of that WB. I think what you're stuck on is the enigma of light mages that your guild is plagued with. They aren't DDs, they serve to do nothing in pvp.
    I have never played a mage and I certainly don't believe in a class that is restricted to one type of damage (i.e. elemental alone and no physical) and don't say a word about BladeTempest, I kept it in mind as I typed this.

My first choice of a character would be a WB, since they are the real tanks and key players in TW and raids.
    Second would be a cleric, for the key player support and the alternative physical and metal damage.
    Third would be an Archer, the real Damage Dealers a.k.a your friendly neighbor hood aggro stealer.
    The rest of the classes are not even worth playing.

I look down on mages for 2 reasons.
    1. They are squishy until you get them the godly 9X high refined gear/weapon a.k.a very expensive to maintain and too much skill management.

2. Too much channeling. When up against a character of the same class/type of armor as attack type, the damage delt is not even worth looking at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Uninstalled Perfect World 4/21/2009, good bye.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I certainly don't believe in a class that is restricted to one type of damage (i.e. elemental alone and no physical)

My first choice of a character would be a WB,

Is this guy serious? I think he's **** or something.
  • Water - Harshlands
    Water - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Is this guy serious? I think he's **** or something.

That basically sums up what I said he was earlier.
    What's in my pocket, dawg? Big face hundreds!
    Just left the mall; bought everything that I wanted
    I'm Kinda mad with you haters, I'm really dissapointed.
    'Cause what you didn't tell the people is I got plenty money!b:cool (Plenty money ingame that is :3)
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    1. They are squishy until you get them the godly 9X high refined gear/weapon a.k.a very expensive to maintain and too much skill management.

2. Too much channeling. When up against a character of the same class/type of armor as attack type, the damage delt is not even worth looking at.

1. This is why there are so few mages and most are in CQ. Cq was always aiming for 99+ and farming for godly gears.

2. Undine strike makes the difference but even if it didnt as stated above there are so few mages this is not generally a problem. Of the classes in the game the only 2 that dont have this problem are archers (because we can crit and light armor is shiit) and wf for obvious reasons. The fact that you mention you would be a wb makes you look stupid considering for wb the underlined part of point 2 is true for other wb AND wr. Both classes have a high population in this game too.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BM's > all.

Kidding.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    1. This is why there are so few mages and most are in CQ. Cq was always aiming for 99+ and farming for godly gears.

2. Undine strike makes the difference but even if it didnt as stated above there are so few mages this is not generally a problem. Of the classes in the game the only 2 that dont have this problem are archers (because we can crit and light armor is shiit) and wf for obvious reasons. The fact that you mention you would be a wb makes you look stupid considering for wb the underlined part of point 2 is true for other wb AND wr. Both classes have a high population in this game too.

**** ludacris is 98 now? just when i'm getting close to 90 and i think i can start pking so many are starting to get 99. this is annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breadbun - Lost City
    Breadbun - Lost City Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2009

**** ludacris is 98 now? just when i'm getting close to 90 and i think i can start pking so many are starting to get 99. this is annoying.

I know how that feels...I should be 90+ by now...Damn quitting/lazyness.

Sinnerz out leveled me b:cry
  • Llama - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I have never played a mage and I certainly don't believe in a class that is restricted to one type of damage (i.e. elemental alone and no physical) and don't say a word about BladeTempest, I kept it in mind as I typed this.

My first choice of a character would be a WB, since they are the real tanks and key players in TW and raids.
    Second would be a cleric, for the key player support and the alternative physical and metal damage.
    Third would be an Archer, the real Damage Dealers a.k.a your friendly neighbor hood aggro stealer.

More proof you have no clue how mages work. XD Like Haiz said:
    "Stop trolling mages if you never played one."

I hit 9x Robes 1500-2000 a hit with my lowbie skills.

The secret to mages is going pure damage. Our skills may be slower casting but we have stuff to make up for that. IE massive DD and essential sutra.

And yes, you are right that a mage is nothing without great gear. Well thats somewhat true, a stupid mage with great gear is still stupid. The reason its like this is because our skills dish out the most damage by far of any class in the game when it comes to PVP. So naturally our survivability will be the lowest in the game. We have to make up for it with high refines and stones.

You are wrong about one thing.
    A level 100 fully geared mage is the best class in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    I have never played a mage and I certainly don't believe in a class that is restricted to one type of damage (i.e. elemental alone and no physical) and don't say a word about BladeTempest, I kept it in mind as I typed this

WB, WR, are all limited to 1 type of dmg too, WF too if you exclude the Pet.

WF are as essential as WB/EP in a lot of situations especially end-game ones. Plus Hercules can easily replace a WB for a lot of stuff.

1. True

2. A lot of heaven of the skills bonus of hell and heaven are like -cooldown/channeling.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I am sorry, did we switch discussions between best character of each class and best class?

Ugh...wf have fox form....lolz @ no p.dgm without pet.

I do agree though, Wiz are going to be the best DDs end game, especially if you go heaven and spam sutra on everyone you see....
    If you have sutra pots, you can do the same with archers though, but our skills suck balls for dmg, and end game, we might as well normal atk you if we have highly refined weapon (since we have only 3 skills that have weapon dmg modifier, while casters have all their skills with weapon dmg modifiers, meaning +12 does a LOT more for them than it does for archers). I wouldn't be surprised to see wizards with 20% crit at end game.
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    WB, WR, are all limited to 1 type of dmg too
    This is not correct... i'll give you a hint: when two WRs are fighting, one going to use alter marrow physical is failing if his opponent is smart enough.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This is not correct... i'll give you a hint: when two WRs are fighting, one going to use alter marrow physical is failing if his opponent is smart enough.

you are an idiot
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    Ugh...wf have fox form....lolz @ no p.dgm without pet.

Common, that's like saying WRs have elemental damage because Dragon deals fire damage b:shutup

Same **** with WB and Poison Fang. It's twisting it to it's limit, much more than Wiz and Blade Tempest.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Common, that's like saying WRs have elemental damage because Dragon deals fire damage b:shutup

Same **** with WB and Poison Fang. It's twisting it to it's limit, much more than Wiz and Blade Tempest.

I will claw you to death with my 1k base patk with 120% increase from mastery. b:infuriated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    I will claw you to death with my 1k base patk with 120% increase from mastery. b:infuriated

You should see Mezzy with my XS b:chuckle

That and people pming her "noob WR with half-arcane/heavy armor" . She needs more accuracy though ><.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    You should see Mezzy with my XS b:chuckle

That and people pming her "noob WR with half-arcane/heavy armor" . She needs more accuracy though ><.

fox form gives killer accuracy, but you can't do it when you're carrying axes b:cry. Also, that 120% damage bonus only works in fox form afaik.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syl
    syl Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Physical defense reduces by 100% <> 20% chance to reduce physical defense to zero.

Even tho both effects are known as Armor break, the effect is different.

sry gotta bring this up again.....

100% reduction and reducing something to 0 is the same thing... or should be

if i have 70 items and u take 100% of the items then i have 0 items....hmm? right?

i think this just one of those things that would make venos too op, like bramble, so it was nerfed, or the descriptions fail.

another theory could be that it reduces the phy/mag def 100% of the targets base. In other words if their buffed, then all they will have is the buffs ++ and not their original def
  • dekciw
    edited April 2009
    syl wrote: »
    sry gotta bring this up again.....

100% reduction and reducing something to 0 is the same thing... or should be

if i have 70 items and u take 100% of the items then i have 0 items....hmm? right?

i think this just one of those things that would make venos too op, like bramble, so it was nerfed, or the descriptions fail.

another theory could be that it reduces the phy/mag def 100% of the targets base. In other words if their buffed, then all they will have is the buffs ++ and not their original def

Yeah the description is confusing but it works a bit like the Physical/Magical sutra.

Increase Physical Defense by 120% at the cost of a 120% reduction to magical defense. Lasts 30 seconds.

When I use it my mdef is still > 0. Which is why I stated it was different, trying to figure out why atm. Best way to find out would be asking the dev because they are the one with the server files but I doubt they would ever give us that kind of information.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • DirtyGirl - Lost City
    DirtyGirl - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    BM: GstormT, Warmachine and one lvl 80+ bm from Haven hes name is starting with j i dont remember but hes the best stunlocker in game :)

Wizard: Gloopb:laugh Haiz, Pandora.

WB: BigBoss he dont pk a lot but he is killer, maybe only WB that can kill Shinzoko 1vs1. Just he dont like to show himself a lot. He sucks at tanking tho...And he is too lazy to do anything...:/
    Ballin was my pick before Polter 2 shoted him 2 days ago...9k 8.5k in 2 hits.
    Pnut is really good.
    DestroyTokyo will own all of the above when he lvl's.
    Sorry FlameZ but you are history.

Cleric: Lorelai (before), Ahaa.

Veno: LOL all venos on this server are @#!$!@#!$%#. Any veno from MY or PH can own those venos here.

Archer: Shinzoko best archer on server atm, u can talk **** to him, u can laugh at him but at the end of day i know he is best and you all know that he is best, you dont need to admit that.

Wind great skills, one of 3 EA's that i respect on this server.

CrazyPolter Poor version of Shinzoko.
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2009

I do 150 dmg to physical immune stuff, get ****