Arcane/Robe Veno guide

Options

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    yeah ill make this a bit more colorful so people can find it a less of a drag... other than that, lets vote for it to get a sticky ;O
  • Ashuransteel - Sanctuary
    Ashuransteel - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    What color should I make the skills like suggested in an earlier post? Yellow is quite an eyesore.
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    Annondae - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Very helpful and informative guide. Thanks for writing it. :)

Out of curiosity, how much HP ( in numbers ) did adding VIT give your Veno? I'm doing the LA build - 1STR/1DEX/3MAG/Level - and find that I'm both dealing decent damage, enough to sometimes ( rarely ) pull the aggro off of my golem, and surviving fairly well against taking several hits from mobs my level. At level 42, my Veno has 1044 HP, all rings/armor/necklaces taken off. Do you know how much adding 1 point of VIT adds to a Veno's HP?
    edited April 2009
    Options

Out of curiosity, how much HP ( in numbers ) did adding VIT give your Veno? I'm doing the LA build - 1STR/1DEX/3MAG/Level - and find that I'm both dealing decent damage, enough to sometimes ( rarely ) pull the aggro off of my golem, and surviving fairly well against taking several hits from mobs my level. At level 42, my Veno has 1044 HP, all rings/armor/necklaces taken off. Do you know how much adding 1 point of VIT adds to a Veno's HP?

Dont take this as fact lol. but according to the stat calc I used on ecatomb, adding a vit to my character went from 75->90hp.
    So, after I level in game Ill check to see how close the stat calc is, for now Im just saying 15.
  • Nightfaii - Harshlands
    Nightfaii - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    venomous scarab is not all its cracked up to be. The attack just sucks. A caster will find that any other skill besides blazing is more worth the time around levels 45+ I recommend getting it to 9 and stopping there. By then you get lucky scarab soon, and that skill is a great fill-in for your other casts.

eventually, ironwood debuff + physical attacks do more damage than venomous scarab will ever do in the same time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    venomous scarab is not all its cracked up to be. The attack just sucks. A caster will find that any other skill besides blazing is more worth the time around levels 45+ I recommend getting it to 9 and stopping there. By then you get lucky scarab soon, and that skill is a great fill-in for your other casts.

eventually, ironwood debuff + physical attacks do more damage than venomous scarab will ever do in the same time
    I lol'd b:thanks
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

12 HP for each vit point. Same as magic. 1 mag = 12 MP
  • XKIAx - Heavens Tear
    XKIAx - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options

Get your demon/sage venomous scarab and you will think otherwise.
    For demon: Lots more damage and a chance to decrease wood resist of enemy by 30% = pure ownage.

Quotes from http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php

Level 10 Venomous Scarab:
    Throw a virulent parasite at the enemy. Deals Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 966.0.

Level 11 Demon Venomous Scarab:
    Throw a virulent parasite at the enemy. Deals Wood damage equal to base magic damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 2534.0.
    Demon version reduces target's Wood resistance by 30% for 6 seconds.

So its definitely worth it.

Could someone correct me please? Does Demon venomous scarab have a 100% chance to decrease wood resist?
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    12 HP for each vit point. Same as magic. 1 mag = 12 MP

Thank you for the information. :]
    edited April 2009
    Options

^ lol

dont mislead people in my guide. venomous is your basic boring grinding skill. low MP cost, and decent dmg.
    blazing may not even get used to full potential in short grind battles as it takes 30 seconds to use, and it has a horribly long cool down. AKA pretty useless unless opening to build chi, but does have its benefits.
  • Scarletraine - Sanctuary
    Scarletraine - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    So wait, what does melee'ing have to do with an arcane build...?
    How does that out damage venomous?
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Nothing, you get like... what..3.75 atks in 3s at like 300-400 damage when venomous can do 2-3x more damage than that every 3s. Who ever posted it just is misinformed
  • BattleFairy - Lost City
    BattleFairy - Lost City Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    didnt read any posts in the thread, just saying that venos dont make a ton of money WITHOUT a herc.
    The Swarm is imminent...
  • _petgoddess_ - Dreamweaver
    _petgoddess_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Ah a very nice guide, thank you b:pleased
    9999 Forces Completed -Hercules Acquired-
    9999 Feathers Completed -Phoenix Acquired-
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Thats totally untrue o_O; during my first week of play, followingthe noob money making guide on the other beginners sub board, I made 950k coins O_o;
    Its darn well possible, as you dont have high repair fees or need pots. Just stock pile and level for a few hours and see what I mean it adds up
  • Reflection - Dreamweaver
    Reflection - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    wow, very nice guide ;) I've read that other guide to, and it is complicated.. This 1 explains it lot better ;) Thanks for that ^^

~ ReFLection
    edited April 2009
    Options
    thanks for the postive feedback, made it a little more colorful.

Warning, dont read whatever stinkin Nightfaii from harshlands posted, its nonsense >_>; He/she has posted it in multiple veno guides on here and wel its just inaccurate info.

Anyways feel free to add more positive feed back, or constructive criticism
  • Hari - Heavens Tear
    Hari - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Personally I use the purple gorilla for luring, as pets don't need to be fast for pulling if they're not getting hit... it's invaluable for, say, forshura, or the fb89 bosses.

yes, you can use a cactus or the white gorilla... but mine's PURPLE b:dirty.

And that's a good point, venos are only the fastest moneymakers if they have a herc.
    HT clerics at their finest:

hari: can you do mdef debuffs? makes the fight go faster
    naughty_x: waste, I do more damage without them
    hari: ...you do more damage in 2 seconds than reducing mdef by 35% for 4 casters does in 20 seconds?
    naughty_x: is waste, i do more damage

hari: 3-3 BH goes a lot faster with a sin
    naughty_x: no, only a difference of like 3 minutes
    hari: ...we've been in here a lot longer than 3 minutes already
    naughty_x: your opinion
    edited April 2009
    Options
    how do you have a purple monkey o_O?
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    how do you have a purple monkey o_O?

Eldergoth Sharpshooters or Eldergoth Marksman is purple. I always mix those two up. But I think it's the Sharpshoother.

Edit: It's the Sharpshooter. :]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/Ningengirai/eldergothsharpshooter.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Options
    can that funky purple one shoot ranged too?
  • Annondae - Sanctuary
    edited April 2009
    Options
    can that funky purple one shoot ranged too?

I honestly haven't used my ranged pets much, because my golem does all I want from it, and that pretty well. That said, I've noticed that the few times I did use the Sharpshooter, it was a weird mix of the monkey running up to the mob and pelting it with stones from up close, and running halfway up to the mob and pelting it with stones from there. So yeah, it uses ranged attacks as well.
    edited April 2009
    Options
    maybe that might be like to use melee skills like its level 5 bash? or no O:
    edited April 2009
    Options
    bumpppppppppp
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Looking for more positive, constructive, or needed criticism, feel free to be harsh (in a constructive way >_>) to hep improve plx :O Need ideas =D
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    more colors for different sections... also i think the first section is misleading..

1. Why an Arcane veno?
    blah bla blah..

since u mention stuff that is common for all venos, like luring.. It makes it kinda misleading with the title, I noticed someone else mentioned it.
    *Semi retired*
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I could change the title on that heading it is rather badly worded, thanks.

which colors would seem more user friendly, and where o;
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Green. Light blue. Fairly friendly colors
    edited April 2009
    Options
    avoid yellow, no one likes flashy colors that are hard to read
  • Frans - Dreamweaver
    Frans - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    nice guide.
    Im doing this build in my veno.
    One question:
    after lvl 42 should i follow puting 3 maq 1 str and 1 vit per lvl?