Next to fail

Options

Comments

• mprkeller
    mprkeller Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm a terrible person because I want this server to have a balanced map with equal powers, instead of one or two guilds holding the whole thing? I guess wanting to see a server that is still fun to play on makes me terrible. FYI, Iz a nab commishuner in Pendulam.

Nobody's saying you're a terrible. The thing is, it's still too early to tell what's going to happen at this point. Crimson controls what, 6 lands only? Same number of land like LS and other major guilds. So why the hatred? And still plenty of lands out there, nobody's hogging them all.

Crimson already said they'll leave lands for others guilds which I think is a very generous gesture, don't you think? You'll just have to trust them and give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • narc0tix
    narc0tix Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You know, the more crimson says things like "when we own the map, we will leave room for smaller guilds to floruish.... kinda generous on our part.." the more you **** people off. You guys say you arent co.cky, yet you make statments like that all the time. Good job tho, The more that hate you the better ;D
    Nova - Marksman / Bard
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    Wreck - Harshlands Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Give benefit of the doubt to a guild that proclaims themselves god. The guild that told us that we had to sit on our **** and watch while they killed off two members of our faction. The guild that called KoS on us because they're director, YuKii, is smart enough to random PK white names with out dolls.

Kay, I don't understand why this guild deserves anything other than to be destroyed. They are terrible at PvP and scare little guilds away from attacking them by throwing a ton of members at them.

If this server was smart they'd all KoS Crimson before things get out of hand and we end up with a Conqueror on this server too.
  • detrimentalist
    detrimentalist Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Give benefit of the doubt to a guild that proclaims themselves god. The guild that told us that we had to sit on our **** and watch while they killed off two members of our faction. The guild that called KoS on us because they're director, YuKii, is smart enough to random PK white names with out dolls.

Kay, I don't understand why this guild deserves anything other than to be destroyed. They are terrible at PvP and scare little guilds away from attacking them by throwing a ton of members at them.

If this server was smart they'd all KoS Crimson before things get out of hand and we end up with a Conqueror on this server too.

this is our call to arms.

FOR PANDORA
  • realtalk
    realtalk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mprkeller wrote: »
    Nobody's saying you're a terrible. The thing is, it's still too early to tell what's going to happen at this point. Crimson controls what, 6 lands only? Same number of land like LS and other major guilds. So why the hatred? And still plenty of lands out there, nobody's hogging them all.

Crimson already said they'll leave lands for others guilds which I think is a very generous gesture, don't you think? You'll just have to trust them and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Thats pretty much what I'm saying. It's too early to tell WHO will be strong. But have you seen the Crim attitude ingame? Nothing but cocky idiots when there is no reason for it yet. And now they are starting to rpk. They are SETTING themselves up to get taken down because they THINK they are strong. FAIL.

The fact you call LS a major guild shows you have no clue what the **** is going on in this server. KISSES is pretty much just running scared and logging onto GodsFear's ABANDONED character and spamming bluff world chats. Thats all thats happening with them. They are done for...their members are gone.
  • mprkeller
    edited April 2009
    Options
    realtalk wrote: »
    Thats pretty much what I'm saying. It's too early to tell WHO will be strong. But have you seen the Crim attitude ingame? Nothing but cocky idiots when there is no reason for it yet. And now they are starting to rpk. They are SETTING themselves up to get taken down because they THINK they are strong. FAIL.

The fact you call LS a major guild shows you have no clue what the **** is going on in this server. KISSES is pretty much just running scared and logging onto GodsFear's ABANDONED character and spamming bluff world chats. Thats all thats happening with them. They are done for...their members are gone.

Dunno, my experiences so far with them in-game has been pleasant and friendly. Are you sure they're not ex-Crimson?

Crimson is a large guild and like other guilds it will have a few bad eggs. You cannot generalize. Also, Crimson has a strict no-rpk policy, whoever disobeys gets the boot.

I mentioned LS just to point out that other guilds have the same number of lands that Crimson has. If you don't like them then how about Kylin, it has a few lands and seems to be a respectable/decent guild. This shows Crimson is not some crazy landgrabber nor a bully as others are being made to believe.
  • xtazee
    xtazee Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I ain't no Crimson supporter, but you got to admit that it's the same bunch of people you see whining on the forums about Crimson…
    Frankly the majority of Crimson are pretty decent. It's the idiots like walterthewf and a few other kids that give them a bad rep.
    To be very honest, pendulum should spend more time in game than on forums.
    The 40 vs 80 outnumbered excuse is ****!! Pendulum should've been able to hold Crimson back for much longer IMO (since they claim to be amazing at PvP).. Instead they get slaughtered in under 12 minutes? Sigh. Looks like TW PvE mobs put up a better fight? Now I'm ashamed for even backing them up.

Let's wait and see how long the next TW between Crim and Pend lasts.
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Mmm, TW 80 v 30? We aren't going.

You may be sick of the excuse, but that's how it is. If you're outnumbered 5:3 ratio you cannot win, against people of greater than or equal level.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    ^ Your own fault for not lvling fast enough & failing to attract people.
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm a commissioner. Nothing is my fault. ;3
  • xtazee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Mmm, TW 80 v 30? We aren't going.

You may be sick of the excuse, but that's how it is. If you're outnumbered 5:3 ratio you cannot win, against people of greater than or equal level.

And you expect the other lesser guilds to stand up to Crimson?

Pendulum claim to be the best PKrs around (honorable mention -> Alex the pro EA) AmIright? Yet 40 of you'll get massacred in under 12 minutes. Where's the uber skill and 1v5 pwnage you scream about on the forums and world chat?

OK let's assume:
    40 Pend members were present to defend vs Crimson
    1 Pend can easily take out 3 Crimson members [this is sooo not true as 1 Pendu can actually kill 5 or more Crimsons]
    40 x 3 = 120
    Therefore, according to my calculations Crimson needs AT LEAST 121 members to win vs Pendulum in TW. WTF but but...

Since this was not the case, let's analyze where it went wrong for Pendulum--
    1. Crimson's gotz l33t hax?
    2. Pendulum's l33t hax don't work in TW?
    3. Actually only 26.3 [79 divided by 3] Pend members showed up for TW? Which led to that 1 Crimson member slipping in and stealthly destroying the Crystal?
    4. Pendulum don't know to PvP TW? [Nahhhhh this can't be, coz they are the best PvPrs like..ever!]
  • Paladin - Harshlands
    Paladin - Harshlands Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Can't beat a zerg of players man, even with a pro team.

I am certain that pendulum was zerged by a lot of high lvl crimson members.

Actually if pendulum had 10+ players lvl 90+ they would have probably won that TW battle.
  • mprkeller
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I'm a commissioner. Nothing is my fault. ;3

Well then, it seems you answered your own question there. It is clear that you have to work out your internal problems(i.e. leadership?) first before starting an all-out war with the best guild on the server. You should have built up your bases first. You did think this through right? And now you expect other guilds to pick up the fight for you. b:surrender

I think your guild clearly miscalculated, arrogantly thinking you can win just with your 'pvp skills'. And failing at that, blaming others for it. In addition to skills, stuff such as teamwork, coordination and planning/preparation, equiptment and yes, even during the age of Roman empires, numerical advantage also helps wins wars. This is no longer news. Hannibal, a very brilliant general, did managed to win against the much numerically superior Roman legions. But is there a Hannibal in Pend?

A good example is the Iraq-US war. Do you honestly believe the US will not use all available resources like overwhelming numbers/firepower, stealth bombers, cruise missiles just so that war will be fair? Did any Iraqi soldier complained, we can win 1v1 against American marines? The goal is to end the war quickly and efficiently and Crimson did that in 12 minutes.
  • xtazee
    edited April 2009
    Options
    mprkeller wrote: »
    Well then, it seems you answered your own question there. It is clear that you have to work out your internal problems(i.e. leadership?) first before starting an all-out war with the best guild on the server. You should have built up your bases first. You did think this through right? And now you expect other guilds to pick up the fight for you. b:surrender

I think your guild clearly miscalculated, arrogantly thinking you can win just with your 'pvp skills'. And failing at that, blaming others for it. In addition to skills, stuff such as teamwork, coordination and planning/preparation, equiptment and yes, even during the age of Roman empires, numerical advantage also helps wins wars. This is no longer news. Hannibal, a very brilliant general, did managed to win against the much numerically superior Roman legions. But is there a Hannibal in Pend?

A good example is the Iraq-US war. Do you honestly believe the US will not use all available resources like overwhelming numbers/firepower, stealth bombers, cruise missiles just so that war will be fair? Did any Iraqi soldier complained, we can win 1v1 against American marines? The goal is to end the war quickly and efficiently and Crimson did that in 12 minutes.

^ Quoted for pure win!!!!!
  • Wreck - Harshlands
    edited April 2009
    Options
    rofl. We expected to lose. I farmed HH all week for guildmates and LastStand. We gathered apothecary pots. And when did I say I was good? IMO I'm the worst Barbarian on the server. My skills are all low, and my gear is hardly mediocre.

The point is 80v40 when they are all equal or higher level isn't doable, period. You can trash talk us all you want for losing, but we didn't stand a chance in the TW to begin with.
  • Free - Harshlands
    Free - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    It wasnt for me a matter to begin with, i just had to laugh about the people in your guild and also in last stand who thought they will roll us. 40 vs 80 is just not possible.
  • Snakedoctor - Harshlands
    Snakedoctor - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Just like an attack guild with 1 cata puller will never win, having only a few that can take them out won't win either. I thought the biggest issue was our class make up. It was more suited for attack then defense. Not saying we would of won but maybe lasted a little longer. Sure there were other issues but to me that was the biggest. Oh well, hats off, Crimson did what they came to do. I saw some holes that can be exploited but that is for another time.

As for Crimson in general, talk about the land all you want, i don't think many of us care about it. The competitive nature in all of us makes us want to win no matter who we are fighting but we are also not stupid into thinking we would of overcome those odds. Personally i think land owning is a hinderence anyway. TWs are fun and all but i have plenty of things i'd rather do on a Fri/Sat night. Also i like having the option to attack anyone we wish rather then who we border. I enjoy the ganks and the 6v6 type PvP infinitely more. Pend in general is a very fun, helpful group with everything we all need, everyone likes to PvP, i enjoy it in there, and in turn enjoy the game more.

Some have said it seems people are waiting to 90+ to PvP and i definitely agree. You might as well run Dreamweaver, they will all go white named at 90 when they bind there gear. Boring!!!! Thank god we have this Crimson war or this place would be unbearable.

As for the people who say we should of thought more before warring with them, i say i made to 90 just fine with WL and RB KOS, 80 no problem with server KOS on us in RQ, and 63 so far with missing 3 1/2 weeks of the server here. The Crimson KOS is a joke. The 50 of you online at any given time cannot be everywhere at once and you are so concerned about leveling up rather then attempting to destroy us. Hell 4 of you tried to party with me today. So unless you actually try to camp us for 8 hours a day, follow us all over the map and pk us non stop 20 v 1 at a time, all the meanwhile you can't do your own things, you will just have to deal with us trying to destroy you, crashing your zhens, picking on you and your noobs, and get everyone else on board who dares to actually have some fun here.
  • Snakeeater - Harshlands
    Snakeeater - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Oops wrong me, that is better b:laugh
  • Alex - Harshlands
    Alex - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Two weeks ago, our first attack against Mercs, we were 13vs there 60 and we battled for 3 hours to a stand still. This week we rolled them in 7 minutes, but the point is, it is possible to get a draw with uneaven numbers if you are organized, communicate and know what you're doing.

In the case of pend and crimson, angerr and dejavu can't fight 80 crimson. As good as they are, no sarcasm added, they just can't. So of course pends going to lose land.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Two weeks ago, our first attack against Mercs, we were 13vs there 60 and we battled for 3 hours to a stand still. This week we rolled them in 7 minutes, but the point is, it is possible to get a draw with uneaven numbers if you are organized, communicate and know what you're doing.

In the case of pend and crimson, angerr and dejavu can't fight 80 crimson. As good as they are, no sarcasm added, they just can't. So of course pends going to lose land.

You don't seem to understand much. You can't compare merc to crimson.. does merc even have someone on the level rankings? Imo we did lose due to organization rather than numbers. We did get **** number wise but half of our people just joined and we hadn't really worked as a guild together. I saw so many flaws in crimson's war on their side. I hope they don't get too confident with tw and easy wins because once 80 people grow balls and pvp in a pvp server crimson will have to rebuild their tw strategy. Not gonna list what they did horribly wrong, they can find that out themselves. b:laugh
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The ones rolled in 12 mins found a flaw in crim strategy b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Alex - Harshlands
    Alex - Harshlands Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    The ones rolled in 12 mins found a flaw in crim strategy b:shocked

40 PRO pkers couldn't last longer than 12 minutes against 80 carebears? No-way! Maybe now people are going to realize what i've been saying all along, Pendulum are NOT pkers. Angerr and DejaVu rock. Nix's aside, they have skill. Even without a nix i'd see those two splitting wigs. Everyone else in Pend, and i do mean -everyone-, are garbage.

It makes them feel good to think they "have balls for fighting the strongest guild on the server". People, these Pend folk get bored easily. If tomorrow, by some miracle, Crimson was gone, they'd just find someone else to "fight the good fight against". Because most of them are so bored of the game, they need to find amusement somewhere. Maybe it's time for a new game?
  • Allure - Harshlands
    Allure - Harshlands Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    40 PRO pkers couldn't last longer than 12 minutes against 80 carebears? No-way! Maybe now people are going to realize what i've been saying all along, Pendulum are NOT pkers. Angerr and DejaVu rock. Nix's aside, they have skill. Even without a nix i'd see those two splitting wigs. Everyone else in Pend, and i do mean -everyone-, are garbage.

It makes them feel good to think they "have balls for fighting the strongest guild on the server". People, these Pend folk get bored easily. If tomorrow, by some miracle, Crimson was gone, they'd just find someone else to "fight the good fight against". Because most of them are so bored of the game, they need to find amusement somewhere. Maybe it's time for a new game?

Wtb Aion.

Honestly, if LC didn't get mind-numblingly boring in the last few weeks and if Aion were out, I would have no reason to play this. This server is the worst of all of them in every way possible. I still can't think of one good reason why I'm still on it. I just...am? ;\

And on the war... I couldn't call Pendulum pro during that. Hardly anyone had a clue what to do, and even when those who did tried to help those who didn't, they were ignored. I'm aware of exactly what we could have done differently to at least last a little longer, but, unfortunately, we're filled with d!ckheads who saw this as a huge PK fest and not a war.
    (Which, might I add, was URD's attitude towards the Mercenary war. You could have won that without extreme difficulty, but naaah. PK ranks > land.)
  • Void - Harshlands
    Void - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Maybe now people are going to realize what i've been saying all along

So buying Oracles for 80% (Even if it wasen't that many, oh look I have 40 levels worth of quests! Lol GG) of your levels suddenly makes you somebody people care about? Wtb more Oracles. You might aswell go play MapleStory and spam "buying fame!"
    It makes them feel good to think they "have balls for fighting the strongest guild on the server".

I don't know about everyone else, but it does make me feel good, where are your balls? Apparently you don't have any if your going to sit and watch another guild eat up all the land simply because they are PvE til 90, like everyone on this server, because suddenly PvP is balanced at 90? L2Game Mechanics.

Paper beats rock, Scissors beat paper, Rock beats scissors.

If you think about it, how the hell can paper beat rock? Clearly a rock is far more durable then paper, but according to how the game works, paper is far superior to rock.

I don't know if you understood my analogy, nor do I care. And yes, there are exceptions to this game because it isn't as simple as rock paper scissors.

Wtb Aion.

What she said.
    I still can't think of one good reason why I'm still on it. I just...am? ;\

-cough cough-
    (Which, might I add, was URD's attitude towards the Mercenary war. You could have won that without extreme difficulty, but naaah. PK ranks > land.)

Fo sho
  • Shadowreign - Harshlands
    Shadowreign - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    Well, for those of you who mentioned that you want to go to a game that is by the same folks who brought you Guild Wars with thier lvl 20 cap, Aion is in open beta....feel free to go there and quit your QQ on these forums.
  • Lindt - Harshlands
    Lindt - Harshlands Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I know who you are Lessie, you're my alter ego... Fight Club status. No one can guess who you are cuz you don't actually exist!
  • Eragon - Harshlands
    Eragon - Harshlands Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    OMFG. This actualy fell off the first page...
    *clicks reply...*
    oops.
    Wonhalt
  • Meca - Harshlands
    Meca - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    You don't seem to understand much. You can't compare merc to crimson.. does merc even have someone on the level rankings? Imo we did lose due to organization rather than numbers. We did get **** number wise but half of our people just joined and we hadn't really worked as a guild together. I saw so many flaws in crimson's war on their side. I hope they don't get too confident with tw and easy wins because once 80 people grow balls and pvp in a pvp server crimson will have to rebuild their tw strategy. Not gonna list what they did horribly wrong, they can find that out themselves. b:laugh

i couldent help but lol at this when i read this, especialy the bit in red,
    is that because there ISNT anything we did wrong?
    but no worry, its just youre fat headed ego trying to make out as if we just randomly rushed into youre base and wooped ur asses by accident,

which that wud make it an even worser lose for you pro PvPers against us Carebears wudnt it? b:laugh
    it rocks to be a Carebear!!! ftw
  • Iffy - Harshlands
    Iffy - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    i couldent help but lol at this when i read this, especialy the bit in red,
    is that because there ISNT anything we did wrong?
    but no worry, its just youre fat headed ego trying to make out as if we just randomly rushed into youre base and wooped ur asses by accident,

which that wud make it an even worser lose for you pro PvPers against us Carebears wudnt it? b:laugh
    it rocks to be a Carebear!!! ftw

I couldn't help but lol when I read this.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Options
    I hit your crystal during that war. Enough said.
This discussion has been closed.