I'm sooo happy! Finally Venos getting what they deserve!

Options
12346»

Comments

• La_Zorra - Sanctuary
    La_Zorra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There's an apocryphal story that seems to fit here. During the height of the cold war, the U.S. managed to get its hands on the latest and greatest Soviet MiG when a Cuban defector flew one to Florida. Obviously the U.S. Air Force was very interested in its combat capabilities, so they brought in their best pilot to take it up for a spin - the legendary Chuck Yeager. (If you don't know who he is, first man to break the sound barrier, and managed gain the title of Ace (5+ total kills) in a single day - something most pilots never achieve in a lifetime.)

So Yeager took off in the MiG and he and some of the USAF's best pilots in the new F-15s had some mock aerial dogfights. The MiG spanked all the F-15s. The other pilots and the upper brass were horrified. If this was what the new Soviet plane could do, the U.S. was in serious trouble. Yeager landed and they asked him what he thought of the plane. "Eh, it's ok, but ours are better." The pilots could not believe it. They'd just had their *ss handed to them on a platter by the MiG. How could Yeager say it was just mediocre?

So Yeager had them fly up again, this time with him flying an F-15 and one of the other pilots flying the MiG. And Yeager proceeded to spank the MiG...

Yep, I love this story! Good point ~ and btw, I am a Veno without a Nix, or a Herc; most of us aren't rich (wish I was, lol); most of my $$ goes into skills/spells ~ I do agree though that the bugged Flesh Ream needs fixing for PvP, but other than that, it's all good. Mostly I'm just into larking about, gathering flowers and may, and having a blast playing this game ~ Why spend your time trolling, flaming, and QQing, when you could be PLAYING and having fun!

Oh yeah, and to whomever was QQ about Venos being OP? Cripes, get a grip! Venos without pets? Are you for REAL? That's equivilant to Archers without their bows & arrows, or BM's without their blades; Battle Pets are the Veno's MAIN weapon! Was that a joke or are you just another misogynistic moronic Veno-hater? No need to answer........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Muchas gracias to Saitada for the siggy ~
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey is everyone so sure it's an unintended bug? Have you all seen pheonix without the bleed? They aren't worth the $200 without it. The damage reduction is screwed up but maybe thats how they wanted it.

And the GM's NEVER comment on it no matter how many threads are made. It's either

1.) They know this is a bug but aren't passing the info to the devs...simply to make more money.

2.) The devs are clueless as to how to fix bleed on the pheonix. (doubt that bigtime - how come bleed on my terrestrial foxwing doesn't do the same thing?)
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hey is everyone so sure it's an unintended bug? Have you all seen pheonix without the bleed? They aren't worth the $200 without it. The damage reduction is screwed up but maybe thats how they wanted it.

And the GM's NEVER comment on it no matter how many threads are made. It's either

1.) They know this is a bug but aren't passing the info to the devs...simply to make more money.

2.) The devs are clueless as to how to fix bleed on the pheonix. (doubt that bigtime - how come bleed on my terrestrial foxwing doesn't do the same thing?)

The bird IS worth the money without it. I don't need bleed to kill players in seconds. They die just fine without it.b:chuckle

No damage reduction on one skill when every other skill in the game has it is clearly a bug. Even more so when venos don't need this bug to be any good in pvp. Only the cowardly, wimpy, worthless ones need it.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • dieho
    dieho Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You guys dont seem to get it do you?

On lost city we like to pvp and win or lose its fun. You beat some people, you die to others and some its fairly even. However once phoenix came out venos 10 levels lower than you with **** gear could kill u with the "bleed and run" technique or the 6 second stun lock whilst bleeding. There was pretty much no way to kill a 9x phoenix veno unless you were fully buffed AND have gear miles better than theirs. The ability to purify bleed will mean you wont get rolled by every veno in existence your level. There will still be those who will annihilate you(Cancer) and those who are even battles but venos will actually have to be good at pvp same way other classes have to be good.

This is all we ever wanted was decent fights not some untouchable class that makes everyone scatter when they arrive to pk. So no we wont qq when venos roll us because people generally dont qq when they get rolled by other classes and blood clot will make venos "another" class pvp wise.

tell me how archers need to have any skill whatsoever to be good at pk? sneak up 2-3 spark 1 shot 90% of people. wow that really took a lot of skill. all the genies will do is make archers happy again by restoring what they feel is their rightful place as an invincible class 1 on 1.

also i'd like to know why venos are always the ones told to change their build so they dont die. why doesnt a archer go HA to decrease phys damage. or a mage or a cleric. they all whine that they are giving up attack power and its stupid for them to do that. archers want full dex for max damage. they even refuse to add vit. but at the same time they tell venos they need to go LA or HA and add a ton of vit so they dont get 1 hit. why the hell should a veno be forced to give up atk power for survivability yet all other classes can build for max damage and cry til venos are changed because they were forced to adapt. i want to be a robe veno with max damage. even at 9x+ any similar leveled archer would 1 hit me every time. how is that fair that i am forced to nerf my damage output to survive while they can go max damage?
  • mbrunestud
    mbrunestud Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    dieho wrote: »
    tell me how archers need to have any skill whatsoever to be good at pk? sneak up 2-3 spark 1 shot 90% of people. wow that really took a lot of skill. all the genies will do is make archers happy again by restoring what they feel is their rightful place as an invincible class 1 on 1.

also i'd like to know why venos are always the ones told to change their build so they dont die. why doesnt a archer go HA to decrease phys damage. or a mage or a cleric. they all whine that they are giving up attack power and its stupid for them to do that. archers want full dex for max damage. they even refuse to add vit. but at the same time they tell venos they need to go LA or HA and add a ton of vit so they dont get 1 hit. why the hell should a veno be forced to give up atk power for survivability yet all other classes can build for max damage and cry til venos are changed because they were forced to adapt. i want to be a robe veno with max damage. even at 9x+ any similar leveled archer would 1 hit me every time. how is that fair that i am forced to nerf my damage output to survive while they can go max damage?

yeah no LA veno gets vit. or HA for that matter. LA mages and clerics are very common in PVP as well, its not just venos. if anything, LA clerics are tough for archers to beat. archers are not suited for melee combat (going HA is basically asking for melee engagements), their melee spells have relatively long cast times and their bow damage gets halved, so no archer goes HA. the class just makes going HA fail at everything. it's as fail as if barbs decided to go light armor. *give us less channel times for our melee and lightning spells, and maybe we'll consider going HA (not)*

all pure dex archers refuse to add vit because they later compensate with citrine shards and armor refinement. they pay for having pure dex with a lot of investment in their equipment so they can have hp. also, read:
    Pandora wrote:
    (This is the secondary build, which can save your **** in PVP. While the bonus from con is minimal, mages are able to build themselves to equip light armor and this is especially effective on them because of Earth Barrier's huge pdef modifier. Keep in mind that you will hit for significantly less damage (UPDATE: Actually, a full int guild member of the same level and I tested our damage on the same target, using the same gear, and he hit for 200 more sandstorm than me. 2900 vs 3100 average. Since then, most of our full int have restatted light armor...), however, you will be able to take a lot of hits. With proper use of blink, the only way to really die on a light mage is to be chain stunned. You will crit significantly more than full int and every sandstorm crit on an archer is a oneshot, so keep that in mind. This is the build I use.
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    yeah no LA veno gets vit. or HA for that matter. LA mages and clerics are very common as well, its not just venos

Take the str/dex bonuses you get on armor and equips and restat them into vit n00b.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mbrunestud
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Take the str/dex bonuses you get on armor and equips and restat them into vit n00b.

oh i suppose thats "tons of vit" so sorry

or maybe restat into magic and refine armor?
  • Eorween - Heavens Tear
    Eorween - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    trust me you will never be happy til the day your favor class is king of the world.
    cause why you just going to ***** about someone else when they wipe your 4zz all over the floor with easi..
  • mbrunestud
    edited March 2009
    Options
    no really im just answering how archers get away w/ having pure dex and still have decent survivability and why no archer wants to go HA
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    mbrunestud wrote: »
    no really im just answering how archers get away w/ having pure dex and still have decent survivability and why no archer wants to go HA
    Archers are Overpowered in PVP, they know it, and don't want anyone else to even come close to them in that ability, thats why so many archers QQ about the Nix LOL.

~S
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    trust me you will never be happy til the day your favor class is king of the world.
    cause why you just going to ***** about someone else when they wipe your 4zz all over the floor with easi..

Very true. I've noticed this in all the mmos I've played. Players will always do everything they can to make sure their favorite class dominates every single part of the game. Calling for nerfs is the main thing. The funny part is, most players who do that only do so because they suck at actually playing their class.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Calibix - Heavens Tear
    Calibix - Heavens Tear Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A skill thats required to be viable against another class? Get your heads on right....
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I do agree that archers are easy mode pvp ^^
    Its not so much skill based as a wiz or BM for example - archers kinda rely on the normal shots to crit since they dont have any strong ultis.
    But thats also why archers cant go heavy, than they cant kill anyone. They dont have powerful high dmg skills, they have crits instead. Going heavy all the crits are gone and u would be pretty much be like a wiz with lvl 1 blade termpest - very useless. A heavy archer wouldn't even be able to grind mobs to lvl up due to lack of dmg lol.

Reason why a veno can go heavy easier than other classes is b/c of the pet lol. Other classes have to rely 100% on their int or dex to do dmg while a veno have a pet that do dmg for them. A heavy wiz or cleric would also have huge problem lvling - the lack of HP and dmg when they put on a robe to grind would be insane.

And no one is forcing venos to leave the robe. Its just a nice option to go LA or heavy. Since venos dont need max dmg to **** ppl or to lvl at decent speed. They can have medium dmg and high phy def instead and still kick ****. U should be happy for how flexible venos are buildwise and not complain cuz no one is forcing u to re stat ^^
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

The problem is you're wiping their **** with a GAME FLAW, if mages' dragon and tempest did pve damage in pvp, would that be fair?
    What about barb's perdition doing pve damage in pvp, fair too?

This is what most venos do, imagine if mages did it too:
    Everyone: "omg wtf all my squad in tw gets killed by those freaking mages doing 40k damage on everything with that bugged dragon, fix that ****!"
    Mages: "learn to play your class you noobs!"
    Awesome logic there uh?

There's a reason for damage to be reduced in pvp, only venos can skip it that's why it's unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • dieho
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I do agree that archers are easy mode pvp ^^
    Its not so much skill based as a wiz or BM for example - archers kinda rely on the normal shots to crit since they dont have any strong ultis.
    But thats also why archers cant go heavy, than they cant kill anyone. They dont have powerful high dmg skills, they have crits instead. Going heavy all the crits are gone and u would be pretty much be like a wiz with lvl 1 blade termpest - very useless. A heavy archer wouldn't even be able to grind mobs to lvl up due to lack of dmg lol.

Reason why a veno can go heavy easier than other classes is b/c of the pet lol. Other classes have to rely 100% on their int or dex to do dmg while a veno have a pet that do dmg for them. A heavy wiz or cleric would also have huge problem lvling - the lack of HP and dmg when they put on a robe to grind would be insane.

And no one is forcing venos to leave the robe. Its just a nice option to go LA or heavy. Since venos dont need max dmg to **** ppl or to lvl at decent speed. They can have medium dmg and high phy def instead and still kick ****. U should be happy for how flexible venos are buildwise and not complain cuz no one is forcing u to re stat ^^

all the complaints are about how venos are so OP in pvp. robe veno is 1 hit by archer/BM/WB/and possibly cleric. heavy is 1 hit by archer/mage/cleric. hmm either way archer 1 hits. if any class should be nerfed it should be archers that have high damage fast casting skills for both magic and phys. archers can even 1 hit cancer who is considered the best pvp veno if they crit. venos can be taken out easily no matter how they build. they have low magic damage and the only pet that does even remotely decent damage is nix.

with all the crying going on in every version of the game has the developers ever said that it was a bug? nope. maybe it was intented to compensate for a venos low damage output without it in real pvp.

the almighty zoe who claims to be able to kill anyone with a sawfly easily just shows how much everyone on pve servers suck at pvp. no one should ever be killed by a fly. hell it should never even hardly hit anyone since it moves so slow.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Saitada your siggys are soo beautiful. Cant you make tiggy one??
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    all the complaints are about how venos are so OP in pvp. robe veno is 1 hit by archer/BM/WB/and possibly cleric. heavy is 1 hit by archer/mage/cleric. hmm either way archer 1 hits.

Venos can send the nix and bleed the archer BEFORE he's even got in range to shoot.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Venos can send the nix and bleed the archer BEFORE he's even got in range to shoot.

Yes, they can send the phoenix from beyond anyone's range, but the phoenix must actually get to where the archer is to actually use any ability on the archer, but it's kinda irrelevant since if the archer sees the bird coming they can go the other direction.

If the pet exceeds the max range then it gets teleported back to where ever the veno currently is.

If the player never sees the pet coming then their character wasn't going to make it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dieho
    edited March 2009
    Options

an if an archer sneaks up on a veno they are dead before they even have time to target so whats your point?
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    an if an archer sneaks up on a veno they are dead before they even have time to target so whats your point?

lol whoever sneaks on anyone wins, besides ppl can press T and notice you.
    My point is you can use the bug to kill them before they are even in range, not overpowered at all is it b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    lol whoever sneaks on anyone wins, besides ppl can press T and notice you.
    My point is you can use the bug to kill them before they are even in range, not overpowered at all is it b:cute
    Nope. Not in the least. Sneaky archers, floating up stealthily through the trees while your grinding and then BAMyou've been critted to death and the archer flies off cackling *no0b* under his breath.

~S
  • Chocooo - Lost City
    Chocooo - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Nope. Not in the least. Sneaky archers, floating up stealthily through the trees while your grinding and then BAMyou've been critted to death and the archer flies off cackling *no0b* under his breath.

~S

I'm going to have to disagree.
    A pet can be sent farther than an archer can...
    And anyone who's been on LC for a long time knows very well how to check for people nearby.

Its hard to beat a veno in stealthiness, especially when they can send their pet hell of a lot farther than your arrow can go.

And in the event you both notice each other, pets already have the range advantage.