I'm sooo happy! Finally Venos getting what they deserve!

Options

Comments

• Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Wow, you really don't get it do you?

No one gives a **** about soloing TT, a lot of people are even making veno alts the same way they make EP slaves. No problem.

It's all about the bleed and if the bleed get purified then venos can dual summon, they can switch their HP/Mp, they can dance naked for all people care, because once that pet stops one-shotting non-heavies, PVP will become more like an actual battle of skill again.

Yeah, archers will dominate but they're actually meant to be a PVP class, and they can be beaten 10x easier than a "Bleed and Run" veno.

About the last part: yeah, it's really stupid that they'd implement this before fixing bleed but this is from the company that hires people who think Harpy Wraith is in FB79.

Actually I do get it, and you should look for posts by Chipsing1234 and his non stop hatred for Veno's and constant whines about how the soloing class... can solo (particularly TT runs.. seems to stick in his craw the most, which I think is insanely funny).

~S
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    if you think that fleshream is the only tool in the veno bag of tricks, then you dont know us very well... or our pets. the phoenix is only *one* of the many pets out there, just waiting for their turn to take you down a peg or two.
    So, instead of getting beat by a "bleed and run" veno, they'll get smashed in the face by a "lay the smackdown" veno instead?

Sounds good to me. b:pleased

You guys dont seem to get it do you?

On lost city we like to pvp and win or lose its fun. You beat some people, you die to others and some its fairly even. However once phoenix came out venos 10 levels lower than you with **** gear could kill u with the "bleed and run" technique or the 6 second stun lock whilst bleeding. There was pretty much no way to kill a 9x phoenix veno unless you were fully buffed AND have gear miles better than theirs. The ability to purify bleed will mean you wont get rolled by every veno in existence your level. There will still be those who will annihilate you(Cancer) and those who are even battles but venos will actually have to be good at pvp same way other classes have to be good.

This is all we ever wanted was decent fights not some untouchable class that makes everyone scatter when they arrive to pk. So no we wont qq when venos roll us because people generally dont qq when they get rolled by other classes and blood clot will make venos "another" class pvp wise.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options

On lost city we like to pvp and win or lose its fun. You beat some people, you die to others and some its fairly even. However once phoenix came out venos 10 levels lower than you with **** gear could kill u with the "bleed and run" technique or the 6 second stun lock whilst bleeding. There was pretty much no way to kill a 9x phoenix veno unless you were fully buffed AND have gear miles better than theirs. The ability to purify bleed will mean you wont get rolled by every veno in existence your level. There will still be those who will annihilate you(Cancer) and those who are even battles but venos will actually have to be good at pvp same way other classes have to be good.

This is all we ever wanted was decent fights not some untouchable class that makes everyone scatter when they arrive to pk. So no we wont qq when venos roll us because people generally dont qq when they get rolled by other classes and blood clot will make venos "another" class pvp wise.

Finally.. a REASONABLE argument. I agree 100%.

~S
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    (for starters, there is nothing fair about LC and its PK lifestyle, i pity the players still stuck there, who just want to be left alone to play, and not have to be looking over their shoulders constantly. i know- i started there, leveled to 30+, and left that warzone forever.)

few venos are wealthy enough to own phoenixes. the rest of us play by our wits, skills and the choosing and training of our pets. a jaden quinfu, in the hands of an experienced veno, can lay out players of higher levels. so the fussing about one rare pet is just sour grapes. the game is supposed to be about all the classes working together, to solve the final problems...or has no one read the game's backstory? so all the bickering about one class being better than another is petty and small.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear
    Hasukurobi - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    LOL <--- Does not have, does not want Pheonix thus does not care.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    (for starters, there is nothing fair about LC and its PK lifestyle, i pity the players still stuck there, who just want to be left alone to play, and not have to be looking over their shoulders constantly. i know- i started there, leveled to 30+, and left that warzone forever.)

few venos are wealthy enough to own phoenixes. the rest of us play by our wits, skills and the choosing and training of our pets. a jaden quinfu, in the hands of an experienced veno, can lay out players of higher levels. so the fussing about one rare pet is just sour grapes. the game is supposed to be about all the classes working together, to solve the final problems...or has no one read the game's backstory? so all the bickering about one class being better than another is petty and small.

Yawn, oh look, another one.
    "I know your server cause I got to level 30 there".
    Stop spreading false rumors. Lost City isn't anywhere as bad as you put it as. Fair PVP? Maybe not 100% to you, but people like you would whine about the slightest things... (level difference, gear difference, environment difference, class difference, number difference, charm difference, the list goes on and on), if you'd really whine that much about that little bit, then of course there's no "fair pvp" on the server.

For the rest of us who've been on the server since day 1, we like it here. Every class poses a challenge to another class, and most classes were fairly balanced providing their own benefits in a player versus player teamed battle.

But when the phoenix came along with Flesh Ream specifically, there WAS no more "challenge". PK wars were fun only up to the point a veno walked in with her phoenix, bleeding each target while running backwards. Had you really experienced it, you'd know better about why the people of Lost City truly despised builds centred around that "strategy". There was no skill involved, you run backwards and take advantage of that horrendously long distance your pet could be sent to fight at, as well as the unreduced damage from flesh ream.

I don't care about the other morons who post idiocy like "Venos can do blah blah blah better than me so they're overpowered", all I care about is the Flesh Ream. That skill is without a doubt a bug, and it needs fixing.
    So let's just keep it at that. The venos don't need their pve nerfed, that's what their class is designed to do. But a class can't be outstanding in both, otherwise that's when imbalance kicks in.

FYI though, Jaden Qingfu probably can't win at the hands of a "skilled" veno, because unlike a regular competition game, this ones about gear. Its rather hard to take down another class with Jaden if they one shot your pet, no?
    Oh and, on LC, the population of phoenixes is much greater than you'd expect. Almost every 70+ veno out there on LC has a phoenix, or a herc. Maybe on HT its "a few", but on a pvp based server, things are quite different.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    rukhmath wrote: »
    Senseless hate?

You know what it feels like to spend thousands on armor and weapons,just to be killed by a 250 dollar pet with a bugged skill?

You should really laugh at those venos for truly sucking at pvp.b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yawn, oh look, another one.
    "I know your server cause I got to level 30 there".
    Stop spreading false rumors. Lost City isn't anywhere as bad as you put it as. Fair PVP? Maybe not 100% to you, but people like you would whine about the slightest things... (level difference, gear difference, environment difference, class difference, number difference, charm difference, the list goes on and on), if you'd really whine that much about that little bit, then of course there's no "fair pvp" on the server.

For the rest of us who've been on the server since day 1, we like it here. Every class poses a challenge to another class, and most classes were fairly balanced providing their own benefits in a player versus player teamed battle.

But when the phoenix came along with Flesh Ream specifically, there WAS no more "challenge". PK wars were fun only up to the point a veno walked in with her phoenix, bleeding each target while running backwards. Had you really experienced it, you'd know better about why the people of Lost City truly despised builds centred around that "strategy". There was no skill involved, you run backwards and take advantage of that horrendously long distance your pet could be sent to fight at, as well as the unreduced damage from flesh ream.

I don't care about the other morons who post idiocy like "Venos can do blah blah blah better than me so they're overpowered", all I care about is the Flesh Ream. That skill is without a doubt a bug, and it needs fixing.
    So let's just keep it at that. The venos don't need their pve nerfed, that's what their class is designed to do. But a class can't be outstanding in both, otherwise that's when imbalance kicks in.

FYI though, Jaden Qingfu probably can't win at the hands of a "skilled" veno, because unlike a regular competition game, this ones about gear. Its rather hard to take down another class with Jaden if they one shot your pet, no?
    Oh and, on LC, the population of phoenixes is much greater than you'd expect. Almost every 70+ veno out there on LC has a phoenix, or a herc. Maybe on HT its "a few", but on a pvp based server, things are quite different.

*Noted*

Finally someone with a reasonable statement towards the Nix that is not reacting with their gut instead of their brains. FLESH REAM is the problem and needs fixing, or removing from the Nix's ability to use. When that happens, Veno's will become (I think) an Average PvP class. Able to do well at the hands of a skilled player. I really HOPE the day will come soon that they FIX the damned skill.

~S
  • Devlinne - Lost City
    Devlinne - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hmmmmm well well. I will just say THIS.

When this patch/expansion/whatever rolls around.

We will finally know who the HERO venos are and who the ZERO venos are.

I'll be waiting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A GOAT always THINKS it's a lion......untill it meets a REAL LION!!!!!
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hmmmmm well well. I will just say THIS.

When this patch/expansion/whatever rolls around.

We will finally know who the HERO venos are and who the ZERO venos are.

I'll be waiting.

Props. Damn Straight.

~S
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ain't gonna matter to much longer Sait. The skill will basically be nullified by the genies anyways. To argue a moot point now, don't make much sense. That argument is now over I guess.

I do wonder what new things the changes will cause? Pretty much happens in all games when they make a major change to fix one issue, they cause another. I just hope it's another class people will be whining about. I'm personally getting sick of the veno whine-fest thats been going on here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ain't gonna matter to much longer Sait. The skill will basically be nullified by the genies anyways. To argue a moot point now, don't make much sense. That argument is now over I guess.

I do wonder what new things the changes will cause? Pretty much happens in all games when they make a major change to fix one issue, they cause another. I just hope it's another class people will be whining about. I'm personally getting sick of the veno whine-fest thats been going on here.
    Oh the haters will still hate. Remember.. we.. (the soloing class)... can solo (TT/FB etc). That sticks in the craw of some. They will whine about that forever.

~S
  • Chaotiic - Lost City
    Chaotiic - Lost City Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Oh the haters will still hate. Remember.. we.. (the soloing class)... can solo (TT/FB etc). That sticks in the craw of some. They will whine about that forever.

~S

Lol Saitada the people who do complain about that are idiots. Its what your class was designed to do nothing to be jealous of. Also Foxx_Trott may be right that elf only skill looks very imbalanced imo. Giving an archer a crit/pattack buff b:shocked i feel sorry for all the people i will be one-shotting and tbh im already bracing myself for the hate threads b:chuckle. Unless they give other classes some nice buffs this is gonna be pretty crazy.
    Official Guild History

Conqueror->kamisama
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Lol Saitada the people who do complain about that are idiots. Its what your class was designed to do nothing to be jealous of. Also Foxx_Trott may be right that elf only skill looks very imbalanced imo. Giving an archer a crit/pattack buff b:shocked i feel sorry for all the people i will be one-shotting and tbh im already bracing myself for the hate threads b:chuckle. Unless they give other classes some nice buffs this is gonna be pretty crazy.

i hate you you one shot crit +8 bow SOB.

just practicing

not really
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    cant solo ttb:surrender
  • Pabadlong - Sanctuary
    Pabadlong - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Celebration!!!!!!! Oh happy day!!!b:dirty

Bloodclot will come with the new genies and now........bye bye fleshream bug pheonixb:bye

All u veno who think u were pro jut becos u use bugged pheonix skill......it's over for you.
    Suck thumb in a corner soon!b:victory

Justice has come to pwi.

For all those months you have claimed top pvp rights.......now after this update pls look at your pheonix and cryb:cry

LOL!! Oh wait, I just heard that the devs are planning to create a new stronger cash shop pet for venos -- -dragons!!!!! just kidding http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/images/smilies/thanks.gif
  • Kuschel - Lost City
    Kuschel - Lost City Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Orly?

Well then I guess the bleed from my nix doesn't mean anything against the 2k+ Dmg per hit I do on WR... xD

God.

I hate the WF that kite and only rely on their bird to kill people... if you wanna kill someone... go kill them, don't run. >_>
    No hiding in room 32 NPC.

b:bye
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Celebration!!!!!!! Oh happy day!!!b:dirty

Bloodclot will come with the new genies and now........bye bye fleshream bug pheonixb:bye

All u veno who think u were pro jut becos u use bugged pheonix skill......it's over for you.
    Suck thumb in a corner soon!b:victory

Justice has come to pwi.

For all those months you have claimed top pvp rights.......now after this update pls look at your pheonix and cryb:cry

I will lol when you still get owned...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    cant solo ttb:surrender

Ye, lets get start, maybe dev still have time to put in something into this expension to stop veno soloing TT.b:pleased
  • Niamy - Sanctuary
    Niamy - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Celebration!!!!!!! Oh happy day!!!

Bloodclot will come with the new genies and now........bye bye fleshream bug pheonix

Suck thumb in a corner soon!

Justice has come to pwi.

For all those months you have claimed top pvp rights.......now after this update pls look at your pheonix and cry

what we deserve??? i really don't understand your point... like always i say "the most part of veno are agree with fix the phoenix bug", now if you never learn to read ro simply you read what you want if your problem or meybe you never take the attention of the ppl and with this you think just u can be popular... well is too late, the witch hunt of venos have start long time ago.
    And before write nonsense things read all the previous posts, talk with some venos and you will see just venos re not the witch that all ppl think re, unlike we re the salvation of all those ppl that re alone questing or trying to do something and can't get squad ;)

b:bye

PS: Think twice before start nonsense threads b:thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1565254001&dateline=1226478053[/SIGPIC]
    Venomancer 82
    Cleric 55
    Barbarian 32
    Wizard 54
    Believe me when I tell you will not want to test my anger...
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    At best this is a band-aid. If a cash shop item has to be purchased to work around a bug...that seems a bit.......LAZY? MONEY HUNGRY?

Regarding HT and pheonixes, there is an up and coming faction that relies heavily on them and the bugged flesh ream. When half a TW is all pheonixes I'd say they really just aren't that RARE.
    Not hating on the faction in question, just saying if it is that powerful of a "Tool" that it will be used to peoples advantage.

**Correction to post. The new thread regarding the genies specifies that they are not cash shop items. I retract my snark.
  • Arodnur - Lost City
    Arodnur - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    At best this is a band-aid. If a cash shop item has to be purchased to work around a bug...that seems a bit.......LAZY? MONEY HUNGRY?

Regarding HT and pheonixes, there is an up and coming faction that relies heavily on them and the bugged flesh ream. When half a TW is all pheonixes I'd say they really just aren't that RARE.
    Not hating on the faction in question, just saying if it is that powerful of a "Tool" that it will be used to peoples advantage.

The wound is pretty freakin big, so at this point even a band aid will do.
    Rundora
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    LoL... I guess veno are strong not only with their phoenix... =)
    Yes... Phoenix might be have the highest dmg pet for now...
    But believe me, its the tactic/gear etc in which you use... =)

Try a HA fox form at your own level... =) Even without pets, can crush you....

That would depend on a lot of stuff. Most archers would figure out the armor status within a shot or two by looking at the dmg.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You know what it feels like to spend thousands on armor and weapons,just to be killed by a 250 dollar pet with a bugged skill?

There's an apocryphal story that seems to fit here. During the height of the cold war, the U.S. managed to get its hands on the latest and greatest Soviet MiG when a Cuban defector flew one to Florida. Obviously the U.S. Air Force was very interested in its combat capabilities, so they brought in their best pilot to take it up for a spin - the legendary Chuck Yeager. (If you don't know who he is, first man to break the sound barrier, and managed gain the title of Ace (5+ total kills) in a single day - something most pilots never achieve in a lifetime.)

So Yeager took off in the MiG and he and some of the USAF's best pilots in the new F-15s had some mock aerial dogfights. The MiG spanked all the F-15s. The other pilots and the upper brass were horrified. If this was what the new Soviet plane could do, the U.S. was in serious trouble. Yeager landed and they asked him what he thought of the plane. "Eh, it's ok, but ours are better." The pilots could not believe it. They'd just had their *ss handed to them on a platter by the MiG. How could Yeager say it was just mediocre?

So Yeager had them fly up again, this time with him flying an F-15 and one of the other pilots flying the MiG. And Yeager proceeded to spank the MiG...
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

**Correction to post. The new thread regarding the genies specifies that they are not cash shop items. I retract my snark.

You must mean TRIAD. Yes they do have alot of nixs, however they are not all that new and have had them a good while, and as you know they dont own that many lands just 6 at the moment. Beating a nix is simple otherwise they would own the majority like Radiance does.

Actually the genies are great for venos and makes most other classes need to focus on the bloodclot skill, making the veno with more choices. If you want to think your safe now when the genies come out, hahaha. Instead of choosing 1 cleric on there own or luckily pulling 2 clerics at a time. Venos will be able to target 3 at time with out a worry.

How do you say thats gonna be possible. Simple while cleric is crying about being attacked by the pet, 1 will be silinced the other dieng from the veno. like I said it will be double the crying about venos to come.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You must mean TRIAD. Yes they do have alot of nixs, however they are not all that new and have had them a good while, and as you know they dont own that many lands just 6 at the moment. Beating a nix is simple otherwise they would own the majority like Radiance does.

Where have you been? You can only expand 1 land PER WEEK. The fact that they have 6 lands means they have existed for AT LEAST 6 weeks. They have NOT existed long enough to take as many lands as Rad even if they added 1 every week, which is as fast as any guild can possibly go. And I REMEMBER when Triad made it's debut. It's sometime a week or so after charm packs disappeared. Beating a nix may or may not be simple but they would never own the majority of the lands like Rad does unless they are an OLD OLD OLD guild which, I might remind you, they are not. There is no guild bashing in what I said; it is fact.

As for nixes in TW, it's excellent for defense, but nixes can't pull catapults, so I'd put Triad as an excellent defender with meh offense capabilities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    There's an apocryphal story that seems to fit here. During the height of the cold war, the U.S. managed to get its hands on the latest and greatest Soviet MiG when a Cuban defector flew one to Florida. Obviously the U.S. Air Force was very interested in its combat capabilities, so they brought in their best pilot to take it up for a spin - the legendary Chuck Yeager. (If you don't know who he is, first man to break the sound barrier, and managed gain the title of Ace (5+ total kills) in a single day - something most pilots never achieve in a lifetime.)

So Yeager took off in the MiG and he and some of the USAF's best pilots in the new F-15s had some mock aerial dogfights. The MiG spanked all the F-15s. The other pilots and the upper brass were horrified. If this was what the new Soviet plane could do, the U.S. was in serious trouble. Yeager landed and they asked him what he thought of the plane. "Eh, it's ok, but ours are better." The pilots could not believe it. They'd just had their *ss handed to them on a platter by the MiG. How could Yeager say it was just mediocre?

So Yeager had them fly up again, this time with him flying an F-15 and one of the other pilots flying the MiG. And Yeager proceeded to spank the MiG...

Post of the day IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Actually the genies are great for venos and makes most other classes need to focus on the bloodclot skill, making the veno with more choices.

You know, venos can bleed to death too... b:laugh
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Where have you been? You can only expand 1 land PER WEEK. The fact that they have 6 lands means they have existed for AT LEAST 6 weeks. They have NOT existed long enough to take as many lands as Rad even if they added 1 every week, which is as fast as any guild can possibly go. And I REMEMBER when Triad made it's debut. It's sometime a week or so after charm packs disappeared. Beating a nix may or may not be simple but they would never own the majority of the lands like Rad does unless they are an OLD OLD OLD guild which, I might remind you, they are not. There is no guild bashing in what I said; it is fact.

As for nixes in TW, it's excellent for defense, but nixes can't pull catapults, so I'd put Triad as an excellent defender with meh offense capabilities.

Triad been around longer than 6 weeks and the phoenixs were added Dec 3rd, but nice try though. Shows the nixs are not what some ppl are trying to claim they are. I agree that they make for better defense then offense in most cases but listen to the whines they are claiming otherwise.

You know, venos can bleed to death too... b:laugh

Ofcourse but then again most venos already know how to null the nixs if sent after them. And we dont have to worry as much as those whiners. Like I said we'll have double the whining when these genies are released.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    Post of the day IMO.

Yeap I agree xarfox it is a good post. To bad as we can see so many here that have there heads up there rears and wont change there ways.

Just like in another game I played that went to hell because of the whinners like them here. There was a skill that made a player virtually immune to everything while the skill was up. Once it dropped or was stripped the player lost all but around 50-70 hp. Instead of taking a skill to strip the one of that player and kill them shortly afterwards rather easily they whinned and cried how OP it was.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]