Expansion Preview - Genie System

Options

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Oh! Oh! A needle right through my heart b:cry.

I see we have pierced the heart of the situation. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are you 2 shooting for a 15 day ban like Envy?
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Are you 2 shooting for a 15 day ban like Envy?

Who? And it's just some fun. Lighten up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    there needs to be class specific bonuses to the skills

make the mages stronger also
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi all,

Please keep posts on topic. More genie and less pheonix. In case you didn't know the pheonix flesh ream bug has been recently fixed in the chinese version of the game and so we will likely see the fix here soon as well.

-Ast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi all,

Please keep posts on topic. More genie and less pheonix. In case you didn't know the pheonix flesh ream bug has been recently fixed in the chinese version of the game and so we will likely see the fix here soon as well.

-Ast

I'm gonna LAUGH if they fix it when genies come out.

I just want that genie that converts phys attack to a magical attack.
    Back.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wait a second... i just noticed
    mages will still be screwed if we come upon a magic resist mob but mele classes will not even be slowed with increased defense mobs (venos have pets and clerics have plume)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Options
    and tempest isnt spammable
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi all,

-Ast

You better not be pulling my chain.

Speaking of genies, i really wanna see what the class specific skills are, and I really think long range magic atks are a no-no, especially since they get berserker weapons.
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hi all,

-Ast

You mean like it was also fixed in the canadian version then restored. b:chuckle b:laugh b:chuckle
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You mean like it was also fixed in the canadian version then restored. b:chuckle b:laugh b:chuckle

No way!

There's a Canadian version!?
    Back.
    edited March 2009
    Options

I thought that was the Chinese version that happened on...at the least I heard something was changed, and then reversed on ONE of the versions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylvini - Heavens Tear
    Sylvini - Heavens Tear Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    wait a second... i just noticed
    mages will still be screwed if we come upon a magic resist mob but mele classes will not even be slowed with increased defense mobs (venos have pets and clerics have plume)

Umm, unless there's also a physical attack ability, like there are magical attack abilities. I haven't seen anyone even claiming to have seen a full skill list yet, so I wouldn't start assuming anything is out just yet. There may be a skill that converts magic damage to physical damage, or physical damage to magic damage (maybe a random element), or a physical damage spell along the lines of that Rumbling Thunder skill.

There was also talk about each class having an 'opposing element' blocked for elemental skills in here. Well, if physical damage is added, then that's 6 'elements'. I'd say, from the classical definition, Clerics would be opposed to physical damage, which would mean Wizards could get it. That's assuming they're doing anything like that, of course. Still, adding all-class magic damage without adding all-class physical damage would be pretty stupid if you ask me.
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Will these replace phoenixs extreme PvE/PvP concept?

Will these tank better then hercules?

If so..Refund every phoenix n hercules bought.

These should only buff the user,store mats/equip/pots nothing else.

They shouldnt attack for us or with us
  • zanovia
    zanovia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    GM's if you guys wanna lose money come out with this new pet system.
  • Osiris - Dreamweaver
    Osiris - Dreamweaver Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

[...]
    These should only buff the user,store mats/equip/pots nothing else.

They shouldnt attack for us or with us

-Whats the Phoenix' PvE/PvP concept?
    -They can not attack
    -They can not tank
  • Laranda - Heavens Tear
    Laranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

I don't see how they can replace phoenixes or hercs. It's clear they're nothing like veno pets. o.o They cannot directly attack nor can they be directly attacked. Trying to attack one would be like trying to attack a baby pet: it just can't be done. o.o

Yes, genies will change the balance of power... any big change will, just as phoenixes and hercs did when they were added. But replace those 2 pets? No chance. None. o.o
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Ohhh, lets stop talking about trasnparent chickens with oversized wings and tail feathers (phoenix) and gigantic golden babies (hercules). b:thanks

Im so glad that us non-venomancer classes can have pets once this is released. Will these fairies change appearence depending on their main elemental attribute? Will these have any interference with the Sage/Demon faries, I mean, If I have a Sage fairy and one of these genies I'm gonna have two faries following me? And, how accessible will these genies be? Will they be regular quest genies where you can get simple basic ones from simple quests that you grow and develop or you have to do something dramatic and heroic in order to get one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Bondmystic - Heavens Tear
    Bondmystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    zanovia wrote: »
    GM's if you guys wanna lose money come out with this new pet system.

They're not pets! b:angry

... also GMs are not the ones creating the patches, the developers in China (I assume it's China) are the ones making these decisions and making the patches.
    xarfox wrote: »
    Yes Genies should be available to Venomancers even when their pets are summoned. (Will confirm this statement within 24 hours.)

I'm just wondering, for formality purposes, have you got confirmation of this yet? b:puzzled

Keep up the good work and thanks to all of the PWI staff. b:thanks

Bondmystic
  • NaturalSin - Heavens Tear
    NaturalSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Question!: Will the Genie look like the one from Aladdin? b:laugh
  • Ratinax - Sanctuary
    Ratinax - Sanctuary Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And this is the turning point in which venomancers will no longer be a class. They're just there for the animal look and a play thing rather than a class.

Bye bye class balance, hello nurfing/removal of venomancer class. b:surrender How sad.

Better off fixing the glitch itself. Not making it worse by adding onto it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deumos - Lost City
    Deumos - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Question!: Will the Genie look like the one from Aladdin? b:laugh

You bet, he will also make funny comments about everything you do.
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You bet, he will also make funny comments about everything you do.

Hes gonna be SHAQ
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hes gonna be SHAQ

OH GAWD NOOOOO!!!!!!

*runs off screaming incoherently in terror*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pumpkin - Dreamweaver
    Pumpkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    2 questions since every page i scanned was TL;DR material
    )Question1: Are Genies like a armor slot Creature or do i Press P/Open Mount/pet Window

)Question2: Any Screenies or Beta server for PWI showing these?

on the other mmorpg's I've played there was this (Beta) where u level up 150% faster and GM's add a bunch of **** and see the outcome than add it to there "official" mmorpg and close the fun (Beta) if any of the experiments made the players happy.than redo that whenever they come up with enw ideahs for there new game :D
  • Phenoix - Heavens Tear
    Phenoix - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am for 1 glade to see a new feature added to pwi.. As t=for the comments on venos i am sry but as i veno i just enjoy to play on here .. i am just looking forward to a new add. I just would like a bit more info on the features if isn't to muuch troule..
    edited March 2009
    Options

)Question2: Any Screenies or Beta server for PWI showing these?

Here you go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMDbjYNBDMg
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shylittlejen
    shylittlejen Posts: 1
    edited March 2009
    Options
    And this is the turning point in which venomancers will no longer be a class. They're just there for the animal look and a play thing rather than a class.

Bye bye class balance, hello nurfing/removal of venomancer class. b:surrender How sad.

Better off fixing the glitch itself. Not making it worse by adding onto it.

The genies have no actual form, and they won't directly take part in combat. They aren't like veno pets. They can't lure, they can't tank for you... It's more of an extra set of skills that EVERYONE (including Venos) can get regardless of lvl (yes, this patch isn't only for high lvls), so I don't see how Venos will no longer be a class. But I agree that Flesh Ream should be fixed.
    )<snip>Question2: Any Screenies or Beta server for PWI showing these?<snip>

There's a test server in China currently testing this patch. They're also having a two-week period (11th~25th March) during which players on the test server can feedback on a forum to the developers so tweaks and editing can be done if necessary.

Yes, the person with whom I'm living <3 (I'm no longer in China) wishes PWI get a test server too, but I don't think it'll come soon. :D

P.S. If I can get more info from China, I'll post them here.

P.P.S. If this isn't allowed, just edit my post away, admins and mods lol.
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    hmmm this expansion looks kool ^^

i can't wait for this genie system =D
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    So instead of fixing the bleed and scaling it down to pvp, they effectively nullify ALL bleed instead. That nearly kills the effectiveness of polearms as a whole as anyone can nullify any bleed status. Anyone else see a minor problem with this..?

I absolutely hate how games like this shift the focus more and more and more to Spike damage and find new ways to completely nullify any type of DoT damage. Lets hope that the clot skill has a long cool down time, otherwise bleed will be completely useless. Sometimes that extra 120 dmg or so from bleed is just what you need to kill someone who's running away or such. [Sighs and shakes head disappointedly.] Guess we'll just have to wait and see..
This discussion has been closed.