Annoyance with the Veno hate >.>

Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Whiners! Why must you pissy PVPerstry to ruin something that isnt even broken? Whining and b****ing that theyre "overpowered" using the only reason of a bug in pvp is outright stupid.

1. Nobody wants to party us 85% of the time. I cant tell you how many times Ive been rejected out of FB parties, boss parties, TT etc. It frikken sucks! We ALWAYS have to solo if we want to level.

2. Leveling these pets people whine that give us an unfair advantage is a horrendous affair that makes you want to stab your eyes out.
We have little to -no- physical defense with arcane builds, in which if we did not have that golem, we'd be fried faster than a donut in hot oil

3.Most of our spells suck. Look at wizards, clerics, etc. Their magic far out damages ours, and they have a way bigger selection of ones they can use. If you have ever played a veno you'd know you only use ironwood and venomous, your initiate and level 8 skill, throughout nearly the entire game.

-blazing and frost scarab: lousy DoT over 30 seconds, or another that costs a spark to have a -chance- for dot? bull ****

-lucky scarab: lovely skill but not used often outside the need for a quick stun. 12s is a pretttyyy long cooldown.

-noxious gas: also good skill... but most unexperienced venos dont know how to keep aggro on their pet for multiple mobs, end up stealing aggro, and killing themselves with it lol.

-parasitic nova: lol 2 sparks for an aoe that your basic skills out damage? the stun is nice, but. 2 sparks. ouch.

Yeah, also, theyre all wood. wood wood wood wood. Not fire, earth, water etc, we're stuck using wood spells on evvvverrryyyythhinnngggg.

4.our hp mods blow especially with vit points added on.

before you whine on these forums that we're broken... play one and see.

ironwood-venomous-venomous-heal pet/ironwood/venomous depending on the situation. rinse and repeat. Its knda gimped :D. Not everyone has 20m or 200$ to buy a phoenix kthnx so dont ruin my little fun i still manage to have on a veno. <3 much love

PS: to those who TL:DR me, go die
Post edited by Tearvalerin - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you guys are kinda needed in FBs and TTs and boss fights due to your pulling and de-buffs.

I <3 amp. dmg. de-buff :3
    Back.
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    yeah i know, but alot of high levels on sanc just want FB exp for their friends and act kind of selfishly, its not fair even if its my friends FB, theyre like NO U CANT COME, THAT SPOT IS 4 MAI FRIEND.
  • Jitora - Lost City
    Jitora - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I actually like the veno class, it has its advantages and disadvantages, I just don't want to be mostly replaced by a pet...b:surrender
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll just state this. And people can take it how they want. Veno's have some advantages yes, we have many disadvantages as well.

Barbs, you are usually ALWAYS welcome in an FB, Boss or TT running squad.

Clerics You are always welcome in the above as well.

Wizards... ya'll need buffed a bit, you got shafted I think.

Archers, you guys need a skill that reduces your hate to mobs so you can unleash your might... just remember though, IF that ever happens the servers will start crying your overpowered.

Blademasters, STUN FTW! Your usually welcome in the above IF you know how to play your character decently enough. Fortunately, most BM that get above 50 Do.

Veno's. We get stuck being Puller bait in high level FB's and if the Barb misses. We die. We get refused most Zhen runs (I have been in two I admit, and it was nice, Thanks WiccanWay for inviting me to them). WE solo most things because we are designed to, but also because most Veno's that I have met, are lone wolf types, preferring to go it alone against the world. Which is also probably why we are one of the most hated classes in the game. People fear what they don't understand, and most Veno's don't encourage you to really understand the difficulties the class does have.

YES we CAN make more money than you upto about 65 (if we choose to be greedy asses and focus only on coin) but after that the field levels quite a bit. Maybe not 100% but at higher levels, if your not able to make as much as or more coin than a Veno.. you should give up the game.

Nuff said, I have class, need to get going.

~Saitada
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I actually like the veno class, it has its advantages and disadvantages, I just don't want to be mostly replaced by a pet...b:surrender

AWW, NOOO! You're WAY cuter than my Herc. D= -glomp- And you talk back. Rawr. ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • Eternalnub - Heavens Tear
    Eternalnub - Heavens Tear Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im powerveno w/o her nor nix but ppl kills my pet while im in safe that is prolly normal and when go out of safe with or w/o pet im dead lik in 1.4 seconds but atleast im OP meowmeow veno with 20% crit hit and im bleeding in Real Life
  • Reikara - Heavens Tear
    Reikara - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,321 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blademasters/zhen parties/archers mmm. most classes make money more than I do grinding since 60+. Don't really know what they're whining about. If I want money, I need that herc and solo TT, no other way around it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A Tiger or panda barb can join me anytime. Lion or wolf hmmmmm Ill stick to my wasp.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • p3nnstate
    p3nnstate Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    WBs and WRs also can't. +The very most non veno players don't even zhen because its too expensive.
    I think zhen parties are the only thing, venos complain about, because they don't have any other disadvantages.

that is pointed towards idiot veno's that don't know what their talking about. For all the others, keep it up. Fight the other classes, I don't hate veno's since they make my pking trip o so fun. Being an archer of coarse b:laugh

But to the point of this thread....your argument is basically like all the other people calling you overpowered. Not to mention anger issues. The bug is probably near the bottom of the list of reason why veno's are hated. I would say the top reason is money making skills. Everyone is greedy so that is the reason your hated and all the other reasons is ******** that helps feed the original reason.

I could care less...get your lv up and grind, you will be fine. Beginning of the game is hard with money (archer = poor ****) but umm...grind and DONT zhen or buying training scrolls cause your a broke college student. Got the weapons and armour I need and then I go pk veno's some more =)...goodtimes b:chuckle
    Let me heat you up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    no one wants you in fb/tt runs? seriously? you must be horrible then venos are best dd in tt
    in fb heck they can solo a lot of the fbs,
    in tts a good veno pet does most damage, and for can replace a barb for hmm....all bosses up to 2-2, excluding wurlord,cosmo 2-2 (need a 2nd veno to heal) and they can tank some in 2-3, oh and in 3-1 they can do it with a cleric, except timed boss where another 2 dd are needed(VENO PREFERED)
    lvling non flying pets...go to cube nooby and enjoy afking and pet lvling

if you dont have 20mil for a pet, learn to play a mmo and stop wasting coins, simple, i know dozens of venos with hercs that never charged a dollar
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mages suck -_-
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'll just state this. And people can take it how they want. Veno's have some advantages yes, we have many disadvantages as well.

Barbs, you are usually ALWAYS welcome in an FB, Boss or TT running squad.

Clerics You are always welcome in the above as well.

Wizards... ya'll need buffed a bit, you got shafted I think.

Archers, you guys need a skill that reduces your hate to mobs so you can unleash your might... just remember though, IF that ever happens the servers will start crying your overpowered.

Blademasters, STUN FTW! Your usually welcome in the above IF you know how to play your character decently enough. Fortunately, most BM that get above 50 Do.

Veno's. We get stuck being Puller bait in high level FB's and if the Barb misses. We die. We get refused most Zhen runs (I have been in two I admit, and it was nice, Thanks WiccanWay for inviting me to them). WE solo most things because we are designed to, but also because most Veno's that I have met, are lone wolf types, preferring to go it alone against the world. Which is also probably why we are one of the most hated classes in the game. People fear what they don't understand, and most Veno's don't encourage you to really understand the difficulties the class does have.

YES we CAN make more money than you upto about 65 (if we choose to be greedy asses and focus only on coin) but after that the field levels quite a bit. Maybe not 100% but at higher levels, if your not able to make as much as or more coin than a Veno.. you should give up the game.

Nuff said, I have class, need to get going.

~Saitada

You're kidding. Fb 19 and 29 anyone's invited since they're easy and simple. Fb 39 and 51 people view venos as nearly a necessity thanks to their luring skills. Fb59 and 69 are wined, all you need is a tank and cleric (or 2). Blademasters are wanted for their stun in fbs? Who are you talking to? When has stun ever been important in fbs, except for in emergencies? You don't know what you're talking about there. I am a bm. I've seen more "need a veno" in my faction chat more than I can count.
    And for your information, do you realize it just takes one attack from someone else to draw aggro after you've lured the mob? You didn't even mention TT, come to think of it. Oh wait, your class is nearly almost invited to TT thanks to your luring ability, yet again. The "People fear what they don't understand" came out of nowhere. I would use a cruder expression to express my contempt of that statement, but I won't. Oh, you who understands all the classes.
  • Xxwarxx - Lost City
    Xxwarxx - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lol, all of you people that say all of the venos are over powered are noobs. Period. I've seen multiple barbs beat venos with pheonixes. I've done it myself a few times. Bramble hood < Invoke the Spirit, WB > Pheonix, WB > Hercules. I also invite Venos all the time. Therefore your statement of never invited has already been proven wrong. My girlfriend happens to have a veno, and I myself have one. I have a volcanic magmite that tanks TT1 simply enough, so therefore it wouldnt just be hercs that are overpowered it would be venomancers period. Though all the noobs cant see that theres a way to counter everything the venomancers have. Theres a counter to everything. End of statement.
    Forsakenx gunna make mine so be patient =)b:kiss
  • chipsing1234
    chipsing1234 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Lol, all of you people that say all of the venos are over powered are noobs. Period. I've seen multiple barbs beat venos with pheonixes. I've done it myself a few times. Bramble hood < Invoke the Spirit, WB > Pheonix, WB > Hercules. I also invite Venos all the time. Therefore your statement of never invited has already been proven wrong. My girlfriend happens to have a veno, and I myself have one. I have a volcanic magmite that tanks TT1 simply enough, so therefore it wouldnt just be hercs that are overpowered it would be venomancers period. Though all the noobs cant see that theres a way to counter everything the venomancers have. Theres a counter to everything. End of statement.

Question: how skilled were the venos at dueling? Did they just stand there like an idiot, or actually try to kite you? Saying you defeated a veno that stood there isn't saying much.
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    True barbs > Herc, however, Herc is more wanted in a number of situations where a barb will not be a viable member inside a squad. An example, a boss drops 4-5 mats, you won't need the barb if he is replaced with a herc. Everyone gets more mats when the barb is replaced.

"O GOSH! The veno in our squad has a herc! How 'bout we forget about the barb and take the herc?".

Phoenix, have you ever been ganked by one? If you have survived, I commend you. If you are talking about duels, I have beaten venomancers with phoenixes in duels also, all you need is to use penetrate armor, mighty swing, armagedon. If you dont have 2 sparks, spam skills, never go for the phoenix. Why the hell would you go in tiger in a duel (I said this in response to you saying to use Invoke the spirit)?!
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • Jeagerjaques - Lost City
    Jeagerjaques - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2009

O and volcanic magmites cannot even begin to compare with a hercules. To start with, Hercules has 2 buffs, one which increases p.def by 250% (not 150%, already proven its 250%, stats just don't match up if its only 150%) and another one which increases m.def by 250%. Who do you think is better? BTW you contradicted yourself when you said "Venomancers are overpowered". How will you counter getting kicked out of squad and being replaced by a herc?
    Damn right I'm good in bed! I can sleep for HOURSb:victory
  • Seablue - Sanctuary
    Seablue - Sanctuary Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You're kidding. Fb 19 and 29 anyone's invited since they're easy and simple. Fb 39 and 51 people view venos as nearly a necessity thanks to their luring skills. Fb59 and 69 are wined, all you need is a tank and cleric (or 2). Blademasters are wanted for their stun in fbs? Who are you talking to? When has stun ever been important in fbs, except for in emergencies? You don't know what you're talking about there. I am a bm. I've seen more "need a veno" in my faction chat more than I can count.
    And for your information, do you realize it just takes one attack from someone else to draw aggro after you've lured the mob? You didn't even mention TT, come to think of it. Oh wait, your class is nearly almost invited to TT thanks to your luring ability, yet again. The "People fear what they don't understand" came out of nowhere. I would use a cruder expression to express my contempt of that statement, but I won't. Oh, you who understands all the classes.

True I feel unloved because no one ever seems to need me in TT b:cry. Everyone is looking for tanks or healers.

For fb51 it's actually very possible to have no veno. Two good bms can rush the entire instance with good clerics on the team. I did it myself with two clerics on me. (Never tried fb39 cuz of the exploding mob I don't want them exploding all at once.) Having veno lure though saves armor repair fee unless I draw aggro which is when i double spark...
  • Briegg - Sanctuary
    Briegg - Sanctuary Posts: 584 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ooh i die in fb39 more than any other fb cuz'a those dam exploding dodo's and reverex's

but yeah.. every fb i've been in everyone says we should get a veno

not too much anymore unless we're doing 39 or 51

but yeah i'd say out of all classes besides the cleric, veno's
    are usually the most needed because they can pull and (while not as good as a barb)
    can tank
  • Junon - Heavens Tear
    Junon - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mages suck -_-

-Hugs Andromeda-

You keep telling yourself that...b:mischievous

(because I'm sick of mages wtfpwning my BM in fights...b:irritated)
  • Kamikiri - Lost City
    Kamikiri - Lost City Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    you guys are kinda needed in FBs and TTs and boss fights due to your pulling and de-buffs.

I <3 amp. dmg. de-buff :3

Well for Fb party's it goes like this:
    1 Tank (Almost always barb, unless its a magic boss so clerics/wiz can fill in)
    1-2 Clerics(Go's without saying, IF one dies the other can rez them)
    1 Lurer(Can be Veno, Archer, etc.)-Veno did well during 202020 luring! b:thanks
    2 DD'ers(Wizard, Archer, BM or whoever else)

Things are changable depending on FB (19 doesnt matter, >.>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಙೆ_ಙೆ Rage sauce face, it's my expression everytime you necro a thread. ~Made by Konariraiden!
  • Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear
    Foxx_trott - Heavens Tear Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    A Tiger or panda barb can join me anytime. Lion or wolf hmmmmm Ill stick to my wasp.

Racist! lol b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will never do anything in this world without courage.
    It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    ~Aristotle
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I love barbs. HP buff <333
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aerilius - Heavens Tear
    Aerilius - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    edited February 2009
    Sorry for annoying the balls out of everyone.

it's ok, just a little raised blood pressure for a couple days no biggie, lol. Besides your in the same guild as me, I have to forgive ya lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    it's ok, just a little raised blood pressure for a couple days no biggie, lol. Besides your in the same guild as me, I have to forgive ya lol.
    *Foxx_trott has left the guild*
    edited February 2009
    *Foxx_trott has left the guild*

HAHA, thanks that put a smile on my face. Actually this guild is one I enjoy greatly. Very good people indeed.
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle
  • Obsessed - Heavens Tear
    Obsessed - Heavens Tear Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ah I was just joking, because everyone stressed out because of this topic, trying to lighten things up.

=P
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    -Hugs Andromeda-

You keep telling yourself that...b:mischievous

(because I'm sick of mages wtfpwning my BM in fights...b:irritated)

mages absolutely suck

bms are the only ppl a mage can really kill and we cant do that if we get stunned or inturupted... gota run and stuff
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm not racist.b:cry lol I just think tigers and pandas are cute. The other two just look like they want to eat you and not in a good way.b:laughb:laugh
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
    edited February 2009
    Ah I was just joking, because everyone stressed out because of this topic, trying to lighten things up.

=P

I know, I know. Your one of the few around here I consider Sane. And I know, I work in the mental health field, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Aristotle