Radio Station for PWI

Options
RoughTongue - Heavens Tear
RoughTongue - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
edited June 2009 in The Fanatics Forum
First off, I apologize to the Admins for the posting this in two different places I am just unsure where this should go. I added it to the PWI Radio Tread, but I do not believe that is the best place for it.

My in game name is "RoughTongue" on the Heaven's Tear Server,

I run Rpg Radio Storm

My goal is to provide a more interactive radio station for PWI players.
Please keep in mind I follow FCC rules with broadcasts.
However, it is my wish to be your community bulletin board,

(IE: you need help with and FB you tell me and I tell the listeners),

I will not be doing ads for factions.

Sorry, I do not play favorites b:victory

but if the GMs would like me to air updates about in game events or anything that is in the works for future release
or if The PWI Item Mall would like me to set up ads for up coming sales
they will need to contact me at:

corp@rpgradiostorm.com

Q: Some may wonder if this is only for the Heaven's Tear server?

A: No this is a multi-game station, I have listeners from Guildwars, Cabal, Hero, a few FPS games and some listen from work.

If a listener has xFire or another IM program they can reach me using these ids

IM ID:sardethwynn@yahoo.com
xFire: sardethwynn

At present, I am only using one stream for this game and will expand as needed.

It is a 96 kbs stream to help those overseas connect with lower bandwidth usage.

The site its pretty straight forward, no log in or register unlike some other online stations that shall remain nameless.
<Although, when I do set up a listener forum you will need to register for that. However, that is planned for a later date.>

All the Tune In options I could think of for the different media players are provided and if you have trouble connecting that way,
try the pop up player or the embedded players. (REAL is for IE, WMP is for Firefox.)

At present I am running a semi-autoplayer, because the full launch for this station scheduled to take place on March 1, 2009.

Yet again, if you have a request and you contact me...

My deal with the listeners is this;

"If have it I will play it, if I do not have it I will work on getting it,

b:puzzled if it does not get the FCC knocking on my door. b:embarrass
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Get your helmets ready
Post edited by RoughTongue - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    It seems you have rather eclectic music tastes. I do to, so I like it. ;)

Any way to get a "what's playing" on the site? With that if we come across something we like we can see who did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoughTongue - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Is to tune in though Winamp, I am in the process of teaching myself how to add that function to the embedded players, right now only the Real Embedded <For IE> lists titles but then again you can always ask me xD.
    Eclectic, is one way to describe it, I know I can not have everyone happy all the time, so I am just aiming for pleased b:victory so I have to have a bit of everything.

I set my site up functioning under guidelines "the only info I really need is knowing how many are listening"
    I dont want to have people log in or register because it is annoying and intrusive and tends to turn people off.
    Look for a chat room called RpgRadio I usually set one up for when I am in game. Ask me there whats playing or PM me.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I usually only play at night. I have it going through Winamp now, thanks for the tip!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    How much music do you have? This is the second time I've heard "Girls" from the Beastie Boys today. Not that it's a bad song, but... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I Have a bit of a library, <in simple terms about 7 days w/o repeating the same song and the list grows daily> ,the trouble is right now we are on the auto mix until we are fully up and operational which will take place on March First if PWE says its ok for me to do this, But I will remove that song from the available song list so you wont hear that again and I have been having a few computer problems which had me restarting which reset the Dj program code. I do apologize for making you hear the same song over and over, but we are a work in progress also, If you have songs you would like to hear tell me and I will work on getting them.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I guess that explains why the feed was lost yesterday. I don't mind that song, I was just curious how you two had it setup. Now that I know you haven't gone live yet it makes sense. I'm not sure what kind of official response you will get from PWI if any, I do hope you stick around though.

Oh yeah, the new advert. I can't really understand most of it, too much echo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Well I have a new computer and I am still working on all the updates, I will work on a new promo tho thank you for the update on what your having trouble understanding and the sound quality, but I have received an official response from PWE. This is their reply:

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:46:34 -0800,
    > Subject: I Run an internet radio station with real DJs
    > Problem: Other
    > Game: Perfect World
    > Server: Heavens Tear (PVE)
    > Role: RoughTongue
    > Date Encountered: 2009-02-20 20:38
    > Date Submitted: 2009-02-20 20:46:34

> Message:
    > http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195471
    > This was my post in the forums. I wish to provide the players on all the servers with a more interactive radio station, community updates and GM events. I do not wish to violate The Terms of Service, but I am wondering if I use world chat to advertise http://www.rpgradiostorm.com would I be in the wrong?

Their response was this:

PWE Customer Service Group

Hello,

Provided you aren't advertising directly for any other product or other regions its okay to announce. If you would like to get users to go to your fansite or your self made station that is okay. In addition no profit can be made directly or indirectly from this as well. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us anytime.

b:victory So looks like we will be sticking around b:victory
  • _malkavian_ - Heavens Tear
    _malkavian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    wow !! good project b:victory congratulations !! i`m listening it right now and it works with Opera too !! x) b:cool awesome work RoughT congratulations again !! b:pleased ... I hope you like EBM and industrial too xD
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Woo, great! b:victory

I keep checking for the chatroom but we must not be on at the same times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I only have a 1 gig flash drive and my router isn't working so my day has been this........ fill flash then insert to next comp erase and then begin mindless repetition.
    I am working on it and tonight I begin teaching the other two Djs remember March 1st is the official kick off. As to Industrial, well I got a little of that. Got a suggestion for artists and titles?
    Send them because I run under one simple rule, "The listeners are what makes radio station, I am just a guy trying to play what you want to hear."
    Posion, sorry about the no chatroom just really busy, but the Chr name is "RoughTongue" add me and PM me b:victory
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    OMG! That's a lot of work you are going through for us. No need to apologize, I hope you get everything ready for the launch! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I am working on that today, that's why I haven't been playing much in the past two days also the new Dj's need to be trained "Angel_Heal" and "sharksfire" slowly building a online radio station is a lot of work but hopefully, when we start doing real shows you will like us more and tell others. b:chuckle At the very least we can build a community of listeners that will be able to use the station for their "Please help ____, with FB__, Rebirth Order ____ etc."
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    Options
    The j-pop has been interesting. If you are going to make a habit of non-english stuff every so often, I wouldn't mind some Mylene Farmer or Blumchen thrown in.

Lots of great new music the past couple of days BTW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes, also "I got a mold and I need a blacksmith to make the Item Please PM _____"
    Altho the other goal of the Djs is to level up enough that we can get to the places these molds drop and make them as prizes b:pleased
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    You got Mylene!! You are awesome!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rockgantz - Heavens Tear
    Rockgantz - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    It's good to know you'll be around! I love the station. If you can I would like to hear "Prison Song and Shimmy" by SOAD. I like some j-pop as well. If you can get some, I would also like to hear "After Dark and Shindou Satoshi" by Asian Kung Fu Generation. Been posting stuff about your station as well to my myspace friends. Keep up the good work guys!

Xenaaah (Xen) lvl26 BM - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    If we can play it, we do, if we don't have it we try to go out and get it altho I have had a rather busy day in RL and after getting back from all those appointments that reared their head, what I am doing inbetween pots of coffee is getting more music for you all to listen too. If _malkavian_ would be so kind as to tell me what artist he would like to hear I can work on getting those too b:puzzled as to the industrial genre or any genre, well, I dont classify music like that my way is,

"oh yeah that sounds good," b:victory

and

"Errrr unless its asked for I think I will forget I have that" b:avoid

so let me know here or at the email in the first post, what your looking for out of this station. b:bye
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Thanks for playing some of the songs. It made doing Lagosaur quests a bit easier.

-Xen
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I apologize for yesterday had some technical difficulties that required a complete reinstall of the operating system b:angry
    Let this be a caution for all that subscribe to a online music provider other then the known ones *cough which will remain nameless*,
    Just because they charge does not mean they are legal sources of music and even if they look legitimate and seem like they are legally licensed to distribute tracks mose are just file sharing programs and you may open your computer to attacks that will highjack admin rights to your computer.
    I forgot I had this program installed in all the hustle to get the station up and running so when the update finished, the computer restarted and this program took over.

I will say now the music I play is bought and paid for. In most cases I own the CDS.

This station also Follows "DIMA" and FCC guidelines. We also pay to broadcast any music. That means ASCAP, BMI and other fees are paid.

However, I still search for online sources for music that are legal and, well, cheap.

b:embarrass Hey, you all ask for stuff I haven't heard or gotten yet and we want to play what you want to hear, so to get it quickly I use online services and there are bad apples out there.
    I forgot I had one still on my computer so I apologize for the silence yesterday and tell you I am going to try harder to get the stuff you want to hear legally b:bye
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    No worries. I understand your hesitation, dealing with shady "paid for" file-sharing programs and MPAA/RIAA subpoenas is part of my day job. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I run and have a legitimate "Hobby/Business" then, huh? b:mischievous
    No when my backers "Angelic_heal and sharksfire" said lets do this, I really wanted everything to be on the "up and up", although, trying to understand half the legal stuff is really, really, really, REALLY, ummm lets say beyond my capabilities.
    b:angry Swear the legal types write it that way on purpose for job security alone and there is no Layman's guide to this anywhere I have found. What annoys me the most is the unfairness of this type of industry. Big broadcasters such as Radio, TV etc.. pay less to broadcast then I have too. Not fair, in truth so this is one expensive hobby.
    b:bye
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    A former co-worker of mine went through that whole process herself when she was setting up her own internet radio station. I know it was far more expensive for her to broadcast online than it would have been over-the-air and I must say that is ridiculous as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tangles
    tangles Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hello. This is Angelic_Heal. You are doing a wonderful job with the postings and information for the PW community.

Please anyone who has a request for music, feel free to post it. If we have it, we'll play it. If we don't know about it, then you just have to listen to what we have and hope your favorite is in our playlist. We're aiming to please the listeners, but the listeners need to speak up.

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.
  • Xenaaah - Heavens Tear
    Xenaaah - Heavens Tear Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Anything by Consumed (british punk band) Social Distortion and Bad Religion please. Preferably music from their last or latest albums.

-Xen
  • Cheetiara - Heavens Tear
    Cheetiara - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have to say...I love this radio station. I listen when I'm off game as well. Great music. Great DJ.

Plus...Its nice that we have a place where we (the players) can adv. fb's or squad requests without having to use a Telecoustic.

Again Great job.

Cheetiarab:pleased
  • Cheetiara - Heavens Tear
    Cheetiara - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I dont know the artists name, but the song's title is Prince of Darkness. If you could play this I would like that.

b:thanks
    Cheetiara
  • Mageluke - Heavens Tear
    Mageluke - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    u really shuld make prizes and keep the good work upb:victoryb:victory
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Right now we are building a fan base first, letting people know we are here.
    Our first give away, after I figure out the logistics of it, is one of 5 pig smiley sets Donated by listener "EGiFZ" I may even throw in my old Chain Set after I figure out how to do this b:victory
    More prizes will come later everyone, "Staff", is busting hump to get our lvls up so we can make the smexy prizes.
    Right now, I am a lvl 4 going on 5 black smith so yeah its slow going.
    However, we do have plans for prizes its just getting up to the lvls we can make good ones.
    So after I sit down with the others, we will figure out a way to do the give aways. I dont think it will be hide and seek,
    but for the smileys EGiFZ gave me a requirement on how to give them out and it will involve people being in the RpgRadio chat room, more details will come later b:bye
  • Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear
    Tequila_wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    gotta say, lovin this station, interactive, and good Dj :d keep it up
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I made it b:victoryto the forums...

Hiya everyone...

I have listened to many great radio stations amongst many different mmorgs which had implemented such stations. So, yes I have and still listen to this radio station while gaming on heaven's tear.

My question is this! Why hasn't this implemented before when the game came out in beta?

Anyway having a radio station dedicated to the players alike, is great! They also play songs that relate to in game activities and such. The songs rhyme with the different types of themes in game, looks like I will stay on heavens tear for years to come and spend more time having more fun while listening to a great and humorous DJ's..

Well as long as they operate!
    I know where to spend my free time!

Thank You P.W.E.! for letting us players have a radio station that is here for us!

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.