Roll back poll.

Options

Comments

• Cetzlaus - Heavens Tear
    Cetzlaus - Heavens Tear Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Yes Devil the votes speak for themselfs. But this is not a Gm posted topic.
    Unless they actually look at how we feel about this. It wont matter.

u also look at votes and 2 gms voted no so.... cant really say anything tbh
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Votes speak for themselves

yeah and im assuming all 66% of u didnt grind for the past 10 hours straight
  • Bluesonya - Lost City
    Bluesonya - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Ive been off all day, but after reading the thread.....
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Whats A Roll Back?
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Whats A Roll Back!

a roll back is where a certain portion of time within a game is reset. basically it would get rid of all the glitch abuse etc
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So basicly a total reset? Including level and everything?
  • Bluesonya - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want a rollback.Plus i want all ppl who exploited the glitch to get banned as they have proven that they are cheaters.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So basicly a total reset? Including level and everything?

within a certain time period, if it happens it would just be the time since server mantinece
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

Didnt grind spent it all in HH farming my HH80 wich ill have do all over again wich is stil beter then having pay a couple mil for the other mats i need..
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory
  • nexxous
    nexxous Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    elmii wrote: »
    I m not a person who knows about programming and stuff, but have you guys ever thought that there can be another solution to this other than a rollback? if there isn t one then ofcourse - yes for the rollback, and could some people plese stop spamming their opinion

It is possible to fix things (deleting ill-gained money and such) while keeping everyone's exp and upgrades, but extremely tedious and difficult. The problem would be going through thousands of files and editing them. If you think the server's been down long now, imagine the weeks or months it would take to edit those files. A rollback would consist of simply replacing the existing files with the backup of files from when they did maintenance. Sure, people would lose some exp and other things (it would suck), but a couple of days from now, everyone would find something else to complain about and move on.
    They're obviously trying to fix the problem without doing a rollback because a rollback would have been done by now. I just hope it's up ASAP with as little damage to characters as possible.

As for the exploiters, banning may be a bit harsh considering some of them may be ignorant of the rules, but it wouldn't hurt if someone smacked 'em in the pee-pee! b:irritated
  • hectorx
    hectorx Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    who votes NO on rollback is a exploiter or ignorant and asking for death to this game. I was wondering how far the rollback would take my account and characters. Someone says only around 15hours back, is this true?
    I vote YES 100% as NOT doing it and allowing this "cash item glitch" will make PW like of other mmorpg games ive tried to avoid with exploits,bots,scam community,hacker,etc. . .

I am a free player, but i plan on giving the PW team cash for item asap for doing a great job to avoid those said things above, unlike many other mmorpg.The GM's WILL and MUST rollback (if the can't find a easier solution).They have the community clean sofar why **** it now.
  • Babidi - Heavens Tear
    Babidi - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    fcuking hell its like instant messaging this thread
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Im sure the Gm's will do what they think is best! They will try very hard to fix this. I just hope its soon though! Im having withdrawels!b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • rickkyle
    rickkyle Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Whats A Roll Back?

Server reset.
    All your progress, money, items, etc in game will be lost from a certain point up to now.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    10h of grinding suks to rollback, still better then ruined game.
    b:dirty
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    yeah and im assuming all 66% of u didnt grind for the past 10 hours straight

Your right! WOOT DING DING YOU WIN A PRIZE OF .. NO LIFE !!!!! WOOOT CONGRATZ!!! OMG WOOOOOOT!!!!!! Grinding 10 hours straight = hell no are you kidding, ROFL. I spent I think 6 Hours seperate timing of that 15 hours zhenning/wq/cs OVER a period of 15 hrs..Not 6hrs straight.. I'll lose my full black suit I purchased and found cheap black dyes for..Ill Also lose the cheap source of force I found..Ill lose over 5m+ Profit from over night/day cat shop sales.

Ya I got nothing to lose, I hope I can find a good spider zhen spot again.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So? I have not been on all day.. And the patch was last night and i got off before the patch shutdown, Id be the same level as i am now?
  • KinkyCorpse - Sanctuary
    KinkyCorpse - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    u also look at votes and 2 gms voted no so.... cant really say anything tbh

I can say alot. It dont show who voted or who said yes or no to what.
    Anyone can CLAIM to be a GM. Heck I can claim to be the Queen of Sheeba.
    Dont mean I am. Until we see actual proof that something is going to be done
    about this issue. Nothing will happen. No matter how much we whine an complain an throw fits. Our say really dont matter. We dont own the game.
    Yes it is nice to see what others think. An yes it gives them ideas on what to do. But, still there is no proof any where that anyone of ANY GM status, Game Owners, Developers. etc. Is going to do what is right or fix this to not lose a butt load of ppl over this.
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I want a rollback.Plus i want all ppl who exploited the glitch to get banned as they have proven that they are cheaters.

hows it cheating if they sold items to a vendor? if u noticed that u could sell ur clothing for 3 mil u probaby woulda done it too. its the developers fault, not the person who sold their items. i wouldve done the same thing just not abused it to the extreme like some people apparantly did
  • OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Whats A Roll Back?

Roll back is when they roll the software to the previous configuration, or, alternativly, it's like when you set a save point in a game before a really hard part so that when you die repeatedly you have something to go back to without having to start all over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dazels - Lost City
    Dazels - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

TBH all the poeple that did it got lucky if nothing is going to happen..

They will have evrything go on as normell (litle beter tehn normell)
    while we who didnt even know about this exploit lose out and get pusht of the server by overpriced items....
    Tlle u the truth if i had known i would have abused just the same b:surrender
    Ooo I know lets roll pvp server so i can QQ about pking...

Loving Cyprus the weather is Hot the women are Hot and the beer is cold b:victory
  • Bluesonya - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    oh i am so addicted to this game :'( i hate all u cheaters.....sry pwi withdrawel
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    10h of grinding suks to rollback, still better then ruined game.

the game aint ruined. let them + up their hh 90 gear theres still the lvl 99 gear that no one has yet
  • Morrisia - Lost City
    Morrisia - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options

You said you haven't been on. If you actually read the thread you would known that none of the facts like the abuse have happened on our server (Lost-City). And that everyone on our server who has been grinding and working hard will have to redo everything, while they already lost a whole bunch of grinding time by the maintenance itself.

Read before you judge please
    edited February 2009
    Options
    hectorx wrote: »
    who votes NO on rollback is a exploiter or ignorant and asking for death to this game. I was wondering how far the rollback would take my account and characters. Someone says only around 15hours back, is this true?
    I vote YES 100% as NOT doing it and allowing this "cash item glitch" will make PW like of other mmorpg games ive tried to avoid with exploits,bots,scam community,hacker,etc. . .

I am a free player, but i plan on giving the PW team cash for item asap for doing a great job to avoid those said things above, unlike many other mmorpg.The GM's WILL and MUST rollback (if the can't find a easier solution).They have the community clean sofar why **** it now.

so your also calling 2 gms exploiters and ignorent?
  • Drussella - Sanctuary
    Drussella - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    So? I have not been on all day.. And the patch was last night and i got off before the patch shutdown, Id be the same level as i am now?

yes... ehm must type 10 chars..
  • naturalsin
    naturalsin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    I'm ok with a rollback if it's just a day...that's no problem. But if they decide to rollback I hope they have their sh** backed up. I heard of GM's having to reset 2 months prior to the rollback. If the rollback is longer than 2-3 weeks I'm gone. But meh...I'm sure they're straightening everything out. Until then...*cracks open a beer* Cheers everyone.
  • KinkyCorpse - Sanctuary
    KinkyCorpse - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    so your also calling 2 gms exploiters and ignorent?

Where is the proof they are ACTUAL GM's?
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    If this game is reset more then today(which is when this all happened so uptill server opened after maintence) I want a full refund of every penny I've spent on this game.
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Where is the proof they are ACTUAL GM's?

darthpanda16 and xarfox? red name and when u look at profite it says gm in avatar...pretty convincing to me
This discussion has been closed.