Roll back poll.

Comments

• Tazuki - Lost City
    Tazuki - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You said you haven't been on. If you actually read the thread you would known that none of the facts like the abuse have happened on our server (Lost-City). And that everyone on our server who has been grinding and working hard will have to redo everything, while they already lost a whole bunch of grinding time by the maintenance itself.

Read before you judge please
    I think all servers were affected by this gold glitch, its just ppl who found out r too smart to not let others know it. And if theres no rollback there'll be prolly many lvl1 venos with nix b:shocked
  • Methuseleh - Lost City
    Methuseleh - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Where is the proof they are ACTUAL GM's?

unless theyre really good hackers, theyre avatar is proof enuff
  • DevilCrys - Heavens Tear
    DevilCrys - Heavens Tear Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Where is the proof they are ACTUAL GM's?

Xarfox is a GM so is Panda, They are not exploiters they just get paid so this is just a major income for them b:bye
  • Morrisia - Lost City
    Morrisia - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If this game is reset more then today(which is when this all happened so uptill server opened after maintence) I want a full refund of every penny I've spent on this game.

Like everybody else.. so don't be an idiot and just realise that they wont do such a stupid thing
  • Bluesonya - Lost City
    Bluesonya - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    how about u kiss my a s s !!!!!!!!!!! if it wasnt a problem we wouldnt be having this discussion.
    edited February 2009
    Like everybody else.. so don't be an idiot and just realise that they wont do such a stupid thing

You'd be surprised .. I gaurentee you there will not be a roll back cuz they want the money.
  • IkurasThor - Heavens Tear
    IkurasThor - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I can say alot. It dont show who voted or who said yes or no to what.
    Anyone can CLAIM to be a GM. Heck I can claim to be the Queen of Sheeba.
    Dont mean I am. Until we see actual proof that something is going to be done
    about this issue. Nothing will happen. No matter how much we whine an complain an throw fits. Our say really dont matter. We dont own the game.
    Yes it is nice to see what others think. An yes it gives them ideas on what to do. But, still there is no proof any where that anyone of ANY GM status, Game Owners, Developers. etc. Is going to do what is right or fix this to not lose a butt load of ppl over this.

it say GM on their avatar silly
  • KinkyCorpse - Sanctuary
    KinkyCorpse - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Xarfox is a GM so is Panda, They are not exploiters they just get paid so this is just a major income for them b:bye

If that is the case why is it they would vote NO to a issue that is a voilation of thier own terms of service? As I remember buying any type of gold in game or by another member or any out side source other then earning it yourself upsets the balance of the economy an constitutes a dismissal of your account or even a temp ban of so many days. The reason I know this so well is I did purchase from an outside source once. An lost my account for 3 days. Which is in all terms correct for what I did. So according to my research this constitutes the same problem. If they roll it back from where they screwed up. There will not be that big of a deal. If they dont. Then they are breaking thier own rules.
  • rickkyle
    rickkyle Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hectorx wrote: »
    who votes NO on rollback is a exploiter or ignorant and asking for death to this game. I was wondering how far the rollback would take my account and characters. Someone says only around 15hours back, is this true?
    I vote YES 100% as NOT doing it and allowing this "cash item glitch" will make PW like of other mmorpg games ive tried to avoid with exploits,bots,scam community,hacker,etc. . .

I am a free player, but i plan on giving the PW team cash for item asap for doing a great job to avoid those said things above, unlike many other mmorpg.The GM's WILL and MUST rollback (if the can't find a easier solution).They have the community clean sofar why **** it now.

Calling people exploiters and ignorant only make YOU look ignorant. Be civil and adult please.

I'm not an exploiter. I have NOT got any of the tons of COINS from glitched items. My time IS precious and I DON'T want to loose a single minute I have spent in this game for other people's mistake.

And I think I pay for this game well enough to have competent people solve this problem without getting me problems I didn't ask for.
  • serpentstrike
    serpentstrike Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    hectorx wrote: »
    who votes NO on rollback is a exploiter or ignorant and asking for death to this game. I was wondering how far the rollback would take my account and characters. Someone says only around 15hours back, is this true?
    I vote YES 100% as NOT doing it and allowing this "cash item glitch" will make PW like of other mmorpg games ive tried to avoid with exploits,bots,scam community,hacker,etc. . .

I am a free player, but i plan on giving the PW team cash for item asap for doing a great job to avoid those said things above, unlike many other mmorpg.The GM's WILL and MUST rollback (if the can't find a easier solution).They have the community clean sofar why **** it now.

even if they do not roll it back the glitch/exploit will be fixed. they wont allow it to continue. the rich get greedy, they will spend/lose most of it quickly. there is no point in calling those of us who did vote no a exploiter or ignorant, it just shows your ignorance to us for assuming such.
  • Zephyrli - Lost City
    Zephyrli - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    whoever said the economy will right itself again after this hasnt a clue. This has alraedy given some players a HUGE advantage over other players by giving them millions of coin for nothin. Whatever the glitch was that let them get away with this ****, it needs to be rolled back.

To assume the GMs can go through all the logs and trace all of these **ill-gotten* items and coin is ridiculous. Have you ever seen what the server logs would look like on a game like this? It would take them weeks if not months to trace it all.

I've seen this happen in a small mmorpg before and things like this will eventually ruin the game. Those items that were bought up will give some players way too much of an advantage over the rest of us and it will be a bone of contention for months to come.

roll it back. so what if you lose a few hours of xp/grinding. a x2 xp event will sort that out n keep those ppl happy. You made a good 3star weapon/armour? whats 1 or 2 people's items compared to the 100s of others who play this game and will have their gaming experience messed up because of this.

Also, for the people who disregard the GMs just because they work for a FREE to play game...I call ******** on that. The GMs sure as hell don't work for free, they get paid just the same as the GMs of any other game do and have all the same responsibilities as the rest. Anyway, you really think this game doesn't make as much money, per person playing, as other big mmorpgs do? I've spoken to some people in the game and the inordinate amount of money they spend on zen is ridiculous. 600$ in 4-5 months for example from one person??? why would anyone spend so much on a GAME??? Besides the fact that I consider it crazy and a waste of money :p it is most certainly keeping this game well in business, so don't think any less of it as a game just because it's free, or of the responsibilites of the people running the game to provide just as professional a service as other games.

It will be a deciding factor of this game's reputation as to whether it supports cheaters/scammers/exploiters by allowing them to keep their ill-gotten fortunes, or whether they'll do the right thing and roll it back and allow us fair players to enjoy the game as it is, without the ********.
  • Lcewolf - Lost City
    Lcewolf - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I was only thinking 1 day rollback, now weeks? I started a couple of characters and now I have to do it again? At least give like 3x exp and gold..
    Lvl 16 Barbarian-Sacrifice
    Lvl 31 Venomancer-Waffles

I'm going to join Dreamweaver and see how it goes!

RETIRED... Ask MagicZ
  • IkurasThor - Heavens Tear
    IkurasThor - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    If that is the case why is it they would vote NO to a issue that is a voilation of thier own terms of service? As I remember buying any type of gold in game or by another member or any out side source other then earning it yourself upsets the balance of the economy an constitutes a dismissal of your account or even a temp ban of so many days. The reason I know this so well is I did purchase from an outside source once. An lost my account for 3 days. Which is in all terms correct for what I did. So according to my research this constitutes the same problem. If they roll it back from where they screwed up. There will not be that big of a deal. If they dont. Then they are breaking thier own rules.

maybe they are trying to figure out a solution without rolling back.

no-one really wants a roll-back if its not necessary, but you have to look at how much server down time it will take to fix it all without a rollback and compare it to the amount of QQ they will get from a rollback
    edited February 2009
    I was only thinking 1 day rollback, now weeks? I started a couple of characters and now I have to do it again? At least give like 3x exp and gold..

I dont think they need to roll back weeks. Just to where they made the booboo.
  • Heleina - Sanctuary
    Heleina - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009

Just from last patch, which was from early morning PST. Not weeks, as they most certainly backup everything periodically - especially before patching.
    edited February 2009
    maybe they are trying to figure out a solution without rolling back.

no-one really wants a roll-back if its not necessary, but you have to look at how much server down time it will take to fix it all without a rollback and compare it to the amount of QQ they will get from a rollback

IN truth it does NOT take this long to roll back to a **** up. I ran my own
    server for UO many moons ago. It is a matter of scripting an such. What ya added ya take out an reset.
  • Makeda - Sanctuary
    Makeda - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I finally got to 80 today...I might have to do it again if we do have a rollback. I will have to re-do the Cube (which was a great run by the way). I died my shoes and my dress to a perfect colour in just a few tries, etc etc etc. But you know what? All that very much pales in comparison to this game crumbling down , and that it will. Punishing those who exploited a bug is all great, but the coins need to be taken out of circulation as the surplus accrued today will cripple the economy.

Get off your egocentric prodigal high horses and look at the situation as a whole. A rollback is imperative. The issue is- will PWI want to part with the astonishing amount of money they accumulated today (from players charging Zen/paying fees for listing gold/buying THE cash shop item)?
  • Tryndal - Heavens Tear
    Tryndal - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    whoever said the economy will right itself again after this hasnt a clue. This has alraedy given some players a HUGE advantage over other players by giving them millions of coin for nothin. Whatever the glitch was that let them get away with this ****, it needs to be rolled back.

To assume the GMs can go through all the logs and trace all of these **ill-gotten* items and coin is ridiculous. Have you ever seen what the server logs would look like on a game like this? It would take them weeks if not months to trace it all.

I've seen this happen in a small mmorpg before and things like this will eventually ruin the game. Those items that were bought up will give some players way too much of an advantage over the rest of us and it will be a bone of contention for months to come.

roll it back. so what if you lose a few hours of xp/grinding. a x2 xp event will sort that out n keep those ppl happy. You made a good 3star weapon/armour? whats 1 or 2 people's items compared to the 100s of others who play this game and will have their gaming experience messed up because of this.

Also, for the people who disregard the GMs just because they work for a FREE to play game...I call ******** on that. The GMs sure as hell don't work for free, they get paid just the same as the GMs of any other game do and have all the same responsibilities as the rest. Anyway, you really think this game doesn't make as much money, per person playing, as other big mmorpgs do? I've spoken to some people in the game and the inordinate amount of money they spend on zen is ridiculous. 600$ in 4-5 months for example from one person??? why would anyone spend so much on a GAME??? Besides the fact that I consider it crazy and a waste of money :p it is most certainly keeping this game well in business, so don't think any less of it as a game just because it's free, or of the responsibilites of the people running the game to provide just as professional a service as other games.

It will be a deciding factor of this game's reputation as to whether it supports cheaters/scammers/exploiters by allowing them to keep their ill-gotten fortunes, or whether they'll do the right thing and roll it back and allow us fair players to enjoy the game as it is, without the ********.

Thank you and end of discussion all others fail! Epicly!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Arrows fletched with the feathers of angels seldom miss their mark.
  • silenthand
    silenthand Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    foxconn wrote: »
    I support 4 kids 2 ex-wifes and bill all my bills and still find the money to support PWI. Its not hard. And for CC's go to wally world buy a reloadable.

I work 80 hours aweek most weeks. So tell me again how rich I am?

So with that kind of work schedule I don't see you having the time to even play PWI. Your here throwing out insults to people that work and take care of their families, maybe they want to provide them with something better then bread crumbs and stale water. Good luck, and your one hell of a role model to them for that.

By your own admission you work to pay alimony and child support. You screwed your own pooch with that one, don't rub that fact in the face of people that work to actually put food on the table and put clothes on their kids.

Dont presume to judge people based on your biased views, if you work 80 hours a week and have time to play PWI and be a forum troll you should probably go get some counciling because theres more wrong upstairs with you then you even begin to understand. Not everyone lives up on your lofty little cloud so stop acting like your here to throw lightning bolts because you think your so self-righteous.

For those that do play this game for fun and do support your family, we all do what we can, and some people just realize that family comes before our own needs and if we can work to get it with patience, then right on. Don't let this cocksure maggot get to you, he's nothing but talk and tryin to be a show-boater. Let him go on his way, he's just another kid in the eyes of the world.

Peace,

SilentHand

The day people start looking into the mirror and seeing themselves for who they truly are, is the day we finally realize we're not what we seem.
  • Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    ok im really confused on this stuff lol.

if they do a roll back it should be to before the update was put in place (also i just bought some gold with real cash will i still have that as well?) anyway roll back to before patch unfair to others that don't get the nice little valentines presents ^^ he he so ya
  • Zephyrli - Lost City
    Zephyrli - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I finally got to 80 today...I might have to do it again if we do have a rollback. I will have to re-do the Cube (which was a great run by the way). I died my shoes and my dress to a perfect colour in just a few tries, etc etc etc. But you know what? All that very much pales in comparison to this game crumbling down , and that it will. Punishing those who exploited a bug is all great, but the coins need to be taken out of circulation as the surplus accrued today will cripple the economy.

Get off your egocentric prodigal high horses and look at the situation as a whole. A rollback is imperative. The issue is- will PWI want to part with the astonishing amount of money they accumulated today (from players charging Zen/paying fees for listing gold/buying THE cash shop item)?

afaik once you buy zen with the cc thats it. All the roll back will do will return the zen to those players who tried to cheat. The PW fat pigs won't lose any of the real cash they got, the exploiters will be the ones who lose out cause now they'll have a mountain of gold that they gotta sell at normal rates ^^ it's a win win from the fair players and the game company's point of view.
  • Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear
    Miss_Seducer - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    if they do a roll back all gold and coins should go back to the way they were right before the update. unfair that all these stupid people that took advantage of the mistake get to keep all that extra gold i can see alot more problems occuring around this
    edited February 2009
    if they do a roll back all gold and coins should go back to the way they were right before the update. unfair that all these stupid people that took advantage of the mistake get to keep all that extra gold i can see alot more problems occuring around this

Comprehend what a rollback is before you post, Ty.
  • PurpleWitch - Lost City
    PurpleWitch - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm guessing the rollback will be to the start of the server. AFTER maintence so we are talking a few hours. Like most i have leveld and got special drops as well as buying a new item and spent money on stuff. But at the end of the day a few have spoiled it for the majority.

But for it to be a fair playing field for EVERYONE, we have to have a rollback. Thoses that screwed the game over, thankyou so much for spoiling it, but at least this will show EVERYONE that trying to get 1 over wont work. b:chuckle
  • Morrisia - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Nothing went wrong in Lost-City... its just the Etherblade lake thingy..

When the server closed the Gold-price was normal, aproximately 110k

Everyone from Lost-City who's just talking with the crowd, be ashamed -.-
  • Heleina - Sanctuary
    Heleina - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Thankfully some of those who abused the bug got too greedy that it was found out within the day and not after a few days. The decision to rollback would have been harder then.
  • Arrista - Sanctuary
    Arrista - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I've spent too much real money on this game to get where I am now, so if a roll back is not done, I will quit playing PWI. A Ban on those who exploited will not work, you forgot those who got coins/items from those who did exploited, so only a roll back will work for sure. I vote yes to roll back....
  • PurpleWitch - Lost City
    PurpleWitch - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Nothing went wrong in Lost-City... its just the Etherblade lake thingy..

When the server closed the Gold-price was normal, aproximately 110k

Everyone from Lost-City who's just talking with the crowd, be ashamed -.-

IF Lost City wasnt involved, which i find hard to believe, then there is no reason for a rollback on that server at all.
  • Morrisia - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    well, the economy was still stable... so nothing went wrong like on Sanctuary and Heavens Tear.

In other words, role back those servers and fix our glitch
  • Coviana - Sanctuary
    Coviana - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Just from last patch, which was from early morning PST. Not weeks, as they most certainly backup everything periodically - especially before patching.

One would certainly HOPE that they back everything up before patching...

PWE: you guys *do* back stuff up, right? PLEASE tell me that you do.
This discussion has been closed.