Revised Pvp Wizard Guide

Comments

• Malena_Vazin - Lost City
    Malena_Vazin - Lost City Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    It dosn't matter what people say sooner or later this game is only going to have 3 classes. Barb, Veno and Cleric. because thats all I ever see around the place. So mages suck because a lot of anti-mage classes are swarming the place. my 10 PKs (yeah I don't PK much) were Mage, Archer, Blademaster and only one Barb but that was a double team. and they have all been around my lvl. I always get killed by Veno's and barbs. Clerics well I havent had the chance with one in my lvl range.

NOTE: I have only gotten sneak attacks on Archers.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mikel, it's not just a rumor, if you can find me a screenshot of a blacksmith/tailor/craftsman selling any gear over level 105 I'll accept I was wrong. But since PWI launched the level cap has been 105, confirmed by GM's(As a side note all GM's are level 105).

There's to much stuff in need of fixing until they add that stuff(Rebirth kick bug, Flesh ream PvP damage, Fb Tab bugs etc).

Also I stand by my statement that basing your knowledge on that of a private server shows nothing credible.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Get a wiz and raise it to 70+ before u start talking **** :)b:chuckle
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Get a wiz and raise it to 70+ before u start talking **** :)b:chuckle

i believe u if wizard are imute to stun and sleep b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jertor - Sanctuary
    Jertor - Sanctuary Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    i believe u if wizard are imute to stun and sleep b:bye

if ur smart enough usualy u wont get stunned and as for sleep use anti stun powder :)
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    excellent guide!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    if ur smart enough usualy u wont get stunned and as for sleep use anti stun powder :)

Don't waste stun pots. As a mage if you're slept just hold down your back-movement (s) and spam distance shrink. The moment you're woken up, provided not by a stun, you will get out of range. But a smart EP will paralyze you, though I'm fairly certain distance shrink works through paralyze.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PlazmaStryke - Heavens Tear
    PlazmaStryke - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    yup I can say that wiz suck also, once i hit 100 im making a veno or archer.
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2009

is anti stun powder expensive?
    and where can i buy? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rinnve - Lost City
    Rinnve - Lost City Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    You can buy it from catshops in west archo... that is, if someone sells it (never have seen that for myself). Or, better, you can farm herbs and then make all those wonderful powders.
    --
    PWonline.ru, Sirius: Иней, 70 cleric - off.
    PWI, Lost City: Rinnve, 7X wiz (frozen);
    Allods Online, Раскол: Риннве, 2X occultist
  • Jibabalo - Lost City
    Jibabalo - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    I'm a wizard and i think we are ok but this post made me laugh my **** off seriously its funny b:laugh
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    This thread has great staying ability; it has been necro'd 3 times by now..b:cute
  • Phsyco - Lost City
    Phsyco - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Hahahaha Lmao!!!
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    what kind of fail mage would write this? surely you newbs know how to be a mage by now?
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    prof wrote: »
    what kind of fail mage would write this? surely you newbs know how to be a mage by now?

This was a sarcastic guide written by Spirea, lvl 99 wizard on lost city pvp server. It was made in fun and that is why it wont ever be stickied.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    There is not evidence this was written by Spirea, fail

This guide is not a joke.
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited May 2009

but u are a joke as a cleric b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited May 2009
    i was sure it was a joke, but why write this? defame the 2nd strongest(arguably #1, but wb hp makes it #1) class in the game? :S
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2009

You're just denying it cause you wont accept people higher level than you. After all, anything that boosts your e-peen, right? b:cute
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    wizards do some insane damage, the only person that out damages me (my lvl) is me basically b:victory
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Treza - Lost City
    Treza - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Do the half decent thing please you high level wizards you know you suck, save these lower levels the pain and time of creating a failure class.
    Wizards... are a joke nothing more.
    I have seen countless times wizards say to others that that a powerhouses or what ever but can you actually prove it lol?
    Give me 1 reason Mages are not a Failure class

Extreme poison + undine strike + essential sutra = happens all at once!
    then in 6 seconds use: gush - divine pyrogram - sandstorm

i cant see any reason why anybody could live this.

clerics will die. (actually they might be able to resist it if they throw up a guardians light or spark right after their charm ticks, doubtful)
    archers most likely wouldnt last through the first or second hit
    blademaster will die.
    barbarian will most likely die, and if not just throw in another gush + reg pyrogram as their charm is ticking.
    mage has no hope of survival whatsoever.
    venomancer also has no hope of survival whatsoever.

sure, in a fair fight your enemy would never let this happen, but who said anything about fighting fair?

the thing is that all of that is going to happen in just 6 seconds, yeah you can spark at any time to (perhaps!) save yourself.. but i dont think an unsuspecting opponent would even react fast enough, and theres a good chance they wont have the sparks anyway!

mysticlifex in those 6 seconds a mage could deal more damage than you could in 20 seconds, is that reason enough for you?
    Communist Leader
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    don't bother, u just feed the troll. No one can convince him otherwise. Let him be happy, ignorance is bliss.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleez - Heavens Tear
    Fleez - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Well although this thread was amuzing<--spell check meh, I dont THINK wizards were made for killing other ppl. I mean we kill mobs just fine, but if we were made for killing one-on-one we wuld be given high hp or high crits.
    ATTENTION ALL: I would just like you to know....I has fleas.
  • YowZun - Heavens Tear
    YowZun - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Lol i suppose you have a wizard too Fleez, but ya ...this thread is pointless if you ask me...
    like i said people only judge you by ur ablilty to kill people. I hope a newbie dont stumble upon this so called 'guide' and get turned away... THIS IS ONLY LOOKING AT A PK/PVP STANDPOINT... But the OP that made this flame thread was hoping for a PVP clas.. and a wizard is NOT that class.
    MAY GOOD FORTUNE BE YOURS!b:pleased
  • sage0nemage
    sage0nemage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Level 20s don't have opinions
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    hahahahaha what a laugh...loved it 10/10 m8. now gtfo and go roll a veno or sometin

but this is 1 happy wizard here.
  • Abramelen - Heavens Tear
    Abramelen - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Spirea is an 89+ hell robe mage on the lost city pvp server. She feels that wizard is a completely gimp class.

I am an 89+ heaven light mage on the lost city server - same server, exact opposite build.

She's right.

I hate it. I really really hate it. Why do I hate it? Because she is right.
  • blademaster661
    blademaster661 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    **** you guys i love WIZARD so please take this thread on a hated forums fro a class b:angry
  • kopikia
    kopikia Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    YOUR THE MAN TS! <3

Had a great laugh :D

My first post just for ya ;)
  • tyrtallow
    tyrtallow Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I find it strange that a lot of people here consider the wizard a gimp class when lots of people from the other servers I've been (official or otherwise) don't think so. Still, they are notorious for being as frail as paper everywhere.
    I'm thinking it's the play style... I see folks on youtube use their keyboards in PW like Beethoven with a piano playing at twice the normal tempo.
This discussion has been closed.