Revised Pvp Wizard Guide

Comments

• Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    bad Spirea. Don't Say Mages Suck... Mages Pwn. The Reason Mages Suck At Lower Level Is Cuz They Don't Have 3 Sparks And 99 Chi. Once You Get This, You Have The Ability To Instantly One Shot Any Enemy In Front Of You.. Wb Being The Only Exception, Unless You're A Failure Like Weezyfybaby And Get One Shot By Heaven Stone Rain.

If You're Really Serious About Taking Them Out, Hell, You Can Even Amp Your Oneshot Skill By 70%!! Heaven/hell Spark -> 1.5 Chi -> Tempest. Heaven Mages Even Have The Chance To Be Able To Sutra And Tempest.

Heaven Spark -> 50 Chi Skill -> 2 Chi Pot -> Force Of Will, Sutra, Pyrogram (hope The 45 Chi Gain Happens, Which Is A 20% Chance, But Seems Like More To Me...) And Then You Tempest At The End, Instant 5-7k Damage In Pvp. Throw An Undine Strike In There And It's Another 30% - Ish (doesn't Quite Increase Damage By 60% As Skill Says)

Sounds Like Fun, Huh?

And While Mages May Not Have That Fun A Time Out By Themselves Grinding Or Whatever, Far Out You Can Make Up For That In Tw :d

And While You People May Whinge About Mage Being So Squishy, There Is This Remarkably Useful Little Spell Called "distance Shrink". That Is Your "get Me The F%$k Away From Those Two Ea's" Skill. Use It. Whenever Anyone Comes Close. Use It. It Is Your Friend. It Saves Those Guardian Angels A Lot.

There Is A Certain Tactic To Playing A Mage And Not Dying Horribly In Every Pvp Fight.. It's Called Run Like Hell. Wait Til They're Not Looking At You, And Make Them Regret Ever De-selecting Your Character.

It's The Player That Makes The Imba, Not The Class, Until You Bring A Phoenix Out.

Oh, One Last Thing.. What Makes A Mage Survive = Pills. Mages Have To Be The Biggest Druggies On This Game, Cuz I Have To Pop That Many Pills To Stay Alive It Is Funny.

Qft...........
  • Pirodar - Sanctuary
    Pirodar - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    This guide is Brilliant

Thx a lot.
    One thing that is guaranteed however is you will not be invited to fb's/hh often like other classes

VonTerror That's the point.

It's MMORPG and we are here to interact with other players. Some of this interaction is PvP and lots of complains is about sucking in PvP.

But some of us would like to cooperate with others against the environment and we are screwed too because wizards suck as valuable squad members. It doesn't mater we can grind easily, efficiently and fast solo. (And other classes do it better anyway).
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i love and choose a wizard = SUCK, LOST , FAIL , REGARD , SAD , ONE SHORT, DIE b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Just so you know, the guy who made this post wasn't joking. He really does suck that bad. Yeah, and I only say he for a reason.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    woot go haiz! b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I believ that but if he suck so bad thats becaus ehe doesn't know how to play. And maybe missing refines andstuffs too...
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Ok this *guide* was very useful to me. I haven't had a laugh like this for a while. Look peeps, you don't like mages don't be one. I love being a mage. If your a self hating mage use emberstorm on yourself and end OUR misery.

Wizards rule
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Gammaburst - Harshlands
    Gammaburst - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    hailstorm : skill used to make you waste spirit and coin

This one made me laugh. I have a feeling every new wizard looks at that skill and thinks, wow I'm going to max that ASAP, sounds great. I know I did. Then around the time i got it to lvl 5 i realized it was a complete waste.

My opinion on wizards in general
    1. the cast/channeling times seem a bit long, especially the 2 sparks. If not less time than increase damage. Right now i feel like other classes do about equal DPS and have other great benefits, like fantastic heals, or a carry around tank, or fire arrows at farther distances much faster.

2. I think wizard should get a bit more HP per Vit point, say 15 instead of 10.

3. I think wizard should have a spark eruption that critical every spell for X amounts of seconds.

I like my wizard and it has many nifty tools at it's disposal, but i don't PvP and don't claim to be good. If i was a PvPer i think my opinion on wizards would be different. They seem very sub par. If you want to be a PvPer i would not suggest wizard. As i said i don't claim to know much on PvP and my gear is nothing special, so i could be wrong but that the way it appears at this point.

Also I think veno's need to be nerfed more than wizards need to be improved. Venos are more over powered than wizards gimped. I have a veno on LC so i know. They are so very easy to play and lvl. Also cheaper to play. Also very strong PvP, and with certain pets, OMG. Veno hits the trifecta on PWI.
  • Veekee88 - Sanctuary
    Veekee88 - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    fist of all i think wizzards are 1 of the best classes
    pvp 1vs1 most win(not against wizzards)
    but u have 2 ways to make youre wizz realy good in pvp
    earn a lots of cash and make gear +6-+8
    or...
    put some vit in you inf u are robed

and btw
    im 89 demon arcane wizz
    100 vit 320mag
    i can 3-4 hit barb on my lvl or 2-3 hit bm if he dont notice me im atking^^
    archers are annoying if i dont notice them :/
    but its still fun playing wizz
    (i wish to have my tt90 gear allready^^)
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    this is completly fail but funny lolz none of u people on here even kno wht wizards can do end game and most the moves u said suck areu best moves end game wizard is a hard class and really sucks at first but if u work with one right end game u can drop barbs
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
  • Jammmy - Heavens Tear
    Jammmy - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    this is completly fail but funny lolz none of u people on here even kno wht wizards can do end game and most the moves u said suck areu best moves end game wizard is a hard class and really sucks at first but if u work with one right end game u can drop barbs

notice how i said END GAME aot
    Jammmy will eat chu babysb:victory
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    yes but jammmy you see A + B does not even pie it equals Z thus you have succeeded in failing which makes you a fail wizard that succeeded in succeeding you succceecedecing wizziebro
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Whiteleo - Lost City
    Whiteleo - Lost City Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Please make it sticky b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2009

heh, a wizard without any sense of sarcasm. Thats rare
  • Biggyluv - Lost City
    Biggyluv - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    +1...to bad the devs will never take listen or fix any of it. Gimpzard ftl.....still gonna level my lil guy though cause he has a bad **** mohawk!

PS....great read Spirea I loled alot!
  • missqq
    missqq Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2009

you dont know what they can do endgame, you're not 90+ LOL.
    seriously, spirea is lv97 wizard on LC, check the rankings
    she knows what shes talking aboutt
    edited May 2009
    Jammmy is level 116 on private sever lol
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    Jammmy is level 116 on private sever lol

If hes so high level then why did I hear him crying in TT when he died for 2%
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    btw, no SS of lv116 = not true

edit: double post
    edited May 2009
    I said private server lol.. took him like 1 hour to get level 100 =)
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Why are people wanting this to be made a sticky? Earth barrier and sandstorm were put under the "sucky" skill list. b:shocked

Fail.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    I said private server lol.. took him like 1 hour to get level 100 =)

Right. So it doesn't ****ing matter if hes lv116 on a PRIVATE SERVER. Nice.b:cute
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    Thinking you know anything about the game because you played on a private server to a level that doesn't even exist in the real game is funny.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Thinking you know anything about the game because you played on a private server to a level that doesn't even exist in the real game is funny.

There are rumors that max lvl is 140 or so, once a GM said that there are tips ingame of how many lvls there are, well I have seen a lvl140 boss by frozen river I think, also someone mentioned something about 130 something weapons and bounch more stuff out there, you can't say yet that lvl116 doesn't exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    There are rumors that max lvl is 140 or so, once a GM said that there are tips ingame of how many lvls there are, well I have seen a lvl140 boss by frozen river I think, also someone mentioned something about 130 something weapons and bounch more stuff out there, you can't say yet that lvl116 doesn't exist.

Level 116 doesn't exist.

Oh look I said it again. You should learn something about private servers. They mod the game and change it to their liking, meaning they can raise the max level if they want to.

Hey look I can make up rumors too. I heard max level is only 50. See how easy that is? Its a rumor for a reason.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Level 116 doesn't exist.

Oh look I said it again. You should learn something about private servers. They mod the game and change it to their liking, meaning they can raise the max level if they want to.

Hey look I can make up rumors too. I heard max level is only 50. See how easy that is? Its a rumor for a reason.

Here's an interesting list, here too and here and there are a bounch more sites to see with items, mobs etc. in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2009
    erm.. the skills are same, gear, shards, it's all the same, just easier to get,,,,,,, , , ,, , pfft nubs.
  • missqq
    edited May 2009
    Is that the best you can come up with? You barely know how to function a new class by only playing an hour, dumbass. Just ****ing leave the forums.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Mikel_Oru, Level 116 doesn't exist currently in PWI.

All that gear has yet to be implemented, the level cap for now is level 105. The devs will likely raise it once people start to reach level 104, which may take if not months then a year or so. Until then they won't waste time adding the stuff.

Mysticlifex, playing on a private server=Moronic, as well as a level cap the asstards ripping off the content that no doubt cost millions of dollars to develop and maintain are also capable of modding skill damage output, shard bonuses, refinement bonuses, stat point bonuses, PvP reductions and everything else in the game. Any point you make based on an illegal and seperate game is therefore invalid.

Your arguement=FAIL
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    edited May 2009
    Mikel_Oru, Level 116 doesn't exist currently in PWI.

All that gear has yet to be implemented, the level cap for now is level 105. The devs will likely raise it once people start to reach level 104, which may take if not months then a year or so. Until then they won't waste time adding the stuff.

Any proof of that? I did show some sites that show high lvl items and mobs for PWI, as long as I don't see a proof that lvl cap is 105, why not call it a rumor as well?
    Then again if 116 doesn't exist in PWI it probably does in the chinise version and it's very likely that private servers run on that version of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.