Revised Pvp Wizard Guide

spirea
spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Wizard
Ok, you're a wizard grats, wizards are one of the most needed classes. For we are the ONLY class that can be ****, slaughtered, murdered, 1 shotted, headshott'ed, ganked, pwned, owned, lol'ed at, so we reduce all other classes calling themself underpowered. We are essensial to the survival of human dignity in pvp. Please reach 30 to pvp, reach lv89 to suck.

Skills: Blue = Sucks alot Red = Sucks even more Yellow = Sucks somewhat Green = Important

Pyrogram : fires(literally) a ball of pure suckage that deals damage depending on how low your hp is.

Gush : Create a pillar of water that does nothing but annoy the hell out of melee right before they 1 shot you

Stone Rain : drop a load of **** on your enemy, making them annoyied enough to kill you

Pyroshell : burn yourself
Ice barrier : slows you down to get 1 shotted
Earth Shield : Reduces all physical damage inflicted by 0%

Crown of flames : makes your enemy look cute with a crown, does nothing.

hailstorm : skill used to make you waste spirit and coin

Divine pyrogram : fire a bigger ball of useless **** that takes longer to channel then to get 1 shotted

Morning Dew : skill to use as a white flag signaling "i give up"

PitFall : Skill used to describe your current status

Dragon's Breath : Skill used to show off to other players, increases chance to get 1 shotted by 100%

Wellspring Quaff : This skill increases your time before becoming useless by 50%

Distance Shrink : Skill used to **** every single class off, reduces chance of getting 1 shotted by 50%

Will of the Phoenix : closest we will get to having a phoenix 1 shot other people

Frostblade : most useful skill, allows other players to want a mage in party Max immedidly<----

SandStorm : Skill used to tick an enemies charm before dying

EmberStorm : Skill used to commit suicide so that other people cant kill you

Glacial Snare : Fires three arrows that deal 0 damage, pisses off all classes badly

Force of will : buys you time to run away depending on skill level

Blade Tempest : fires multiple badly animated fireballs

Black ice dragon : Charges up an ice dragon that has a 95% chance of getting interrupted

Mountain's Sieze : Closest thing we get to a stun

Undine Strike : Lowers defenses of your enemy by 60% so other people may kill him/her while you get 1 shotted

Sophomoric WHisper : Skill to make us happy that we have something clerics can do

Elemental Shell : used to **** clerics and other wizards off

Essencial Sutra : Skill to tell your enemy to stun you for 6 seconds
Masteries : Decreases chance of losing MP charms

Lvl 100 skills : Skills used to show how much time was wasted leveling a useless class.

Sparks : at 29(or39?) you get a skill called spark. this gives you a 1 second immunity to 1 shots.
at 59 youll get advanced spark, same thing, but 2 second immunity.
finally at 89, you can choose between demon or angel spark. Both have 1 effect, 3 second immunity to 1 shots.

Now, pvp tactics for Lv70-99+

Venomancers : If they have phoenix, strech a bit before returning to town
If they dont, then run since youll die anyway

Clerics : Run

BM/WB with XS : Run
WM/WB without XS : slow them then run

Archer : Silence before they can stun and run

Wizard : become best friends and get 4 other wizards so that you can actually kill someone

For 50-69

Veno : run, if they have phoenix, afk
WB : run, if they turn into tiger, swear at them before dying
BM : run, if they sprint then go grab a snack while waiting for town button.
Archer : afk, you're dead
Clerics : run (only class we have a chance of surviving with)

For 30-49:
Veno : if they got phoenix, you are dead, if not, you are still dead
WB : you're dead
BM : you're dead
archer : you're dead
cleric : ^DURR^

Now, builds:

Full int : Put everything into int to deal 2% more damage, increases chance of getting 1 shotted by 75%, decreases faith in wizards by 100%

Light armor : Deal less damage then an afk veno with pet on defensive and reduces chance of getting 1 shotted by 5%. Enough str and dex for your reduction in 1 shot equipment, pour other points into int, we'll need it being anyone who makes a wizard is dumber then a rock. Decreases faith in wizards by 100%

Hybrid : add int and vit and str any way you want, youll suck either way. Decreases faith in PWI by 60%

Heavy wizard : Best build to do what we do best : **** other classes off. Increases usefulness by 275%, decreases faith in wizards by 100%

Melee wizard : hey, we are already useless, might as well go for the gold. everything in str and dex. remember to max frostblade

Bow wizard : same thing as melee wizard, only now you deal slightly less damage, for increased range, max frostblade aswell

Monk wizard : do not use a weapon, youll lose more money repairing it then killing, also do not wear any armor, costs more money to repair then you gain.

Loot wizard : wizard created at level 29 best build of them all, as this build is immune to 1 shots, and amplifies our ****-off level by 500%. best for looting at undine grind spots or fish.

Facepalm wizard : female, with maximum bust size, generally used to beg for money and/or items since we will be extremely poor. best suited for levels under 30

Dumb wizard : suited for 89+, spending months of work to realize wizards suck

Now here are your stats and what they do :

Vit : Decreases chance of getting 1 shotted by 0.01% per point
Int : the higher this is, the lower yours is.
Dex : increases % of running away from other classes
Str : best stat, allows us to do damage without being 1 shotted or interrupted.

Grinding areas :
Level1-29, do quests
30-99+, safe zone if you are in a pvp server, stop reading this if you are on a pve server

As for your equipment sockets, add any gem you want, youll get 1 shotted with anything. Unless you are heavy, then add mana shards to make yourself look cool.

If you are short on cash, create any other class.

Wizards primary role in parties is to give melee frostblade, and as a distraction for mobs that will wipe the main party.

Inputs appriciated, thanks.
Post edited by spirea on

Comments

• LordSnow - Lost City
    LordSnow - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wat?

not quite sure what your trying to do here
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ^This is the non-abridged way of saying "Wizards suck ****".

It's pretty good, you have my vote for a sticky.
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wat?

not quite sure what your trying to do here

Edited out as apparently every wizard in the game feels this way I must have been way off base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The family is a haven in a heartless world.
    Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
  • spirea
    spirea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ok from an 80+ wizard : Wizards suck

Now from a 90+ wizard : Wizards suck.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Spirea is an 89+ hell robe mage on the lost city pvp server. She feels that wizard is a completely gimp class.

I am an 89+ heaven light mage on the lost city server - same server, exact opposite build.

She's right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Wow, that was absolutely hysterical
    b:bye
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the guide, should help a lot of people. I'm now going to roll a wizard to rain **** on people.
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • AdInfinitum - Lost City
    AdInfinitum - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What's sad is that this is all so true...
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wait who will take katas out in TW, that would so be whoever sends katas in first.

how ever i love crapping on robes they ugly.
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Sad but true... Best wizard guide ever.
  • comae
    comae Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I agree
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Words of wisdom is the least I can say about this....
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Mrbungle - Lost City
    Mrbungle - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    sticky pls
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    LOL, only spirea. Great guide b:pleased
  • Varsity - Sanctuary
    Varsity - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i know really they make wizards so crappy just cus of damage we put out. GMs MAKE IT UP TO US Geesz
  • Zeline - Sanctuary
    Zeline - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hehe, fun to read, but kind of sad as well, cause youre right...

Im currently lvl 83, and I have no idea why I keep levling this piece of **** class.
    I spend 50% of my time regretting that I didnt create a veno.
    Its hard to get groups for FB and TT. Were not needed, and only accepted if people are nice, and all other necessary classes are covered.

This game is so unfair, why dont the Devs do game balance ?
    I understand that its an original chinese game, and that in their eyes game balance is done long time ago, but if thats the case they failed massivly at it.

I have no idea why i keep playing this game...., is there any hope at all for getting a wizard boost patch ?, I keep clambering myself to that hope, but I start to realize it may be futile...
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    I keep hoping for the same thing but I tried to play other classes and tried to quit because how much pressure this game has for us but I am somehow still waiting for patch that lets us have our silence up to 10 secs or something.

but its only hope and I hardly doubt anyone is gonna do anything unless someone starts something weird like the "mages riot" or something where 90% of the in game wizards quit playing until its fixed.
    Is Back once more.

• senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At least you get to see a high number before you die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Can't believe this thread ain't stickied yet. Hurry up and sticky it so new people can avoid making this class.b:angry
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
  • Kikuzakura - Sanctuary
    Kikuzakura - Sanctuary Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    wizard+blademaster pairs work nicely in PvE (if you are careful with your build and your other choices you almost never need to rest).

And, done properly, I feel that a squad with one person from each class can out perform any other squad.

Perhaps this approach also has some value in PvP?
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    Most if not ALL of the time you will be alone in PVP and being a mage you are kinda the hardest class to get any squad with cuz lets face it...we are completely useless in squads and completely replaceable....

so saying that we have anything to strive for in PVP is foolish why did we pick this class the question that comes to mind...
    Is Back once more.

• Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I picked it cause I like to see lotsa digits in my damage :)
    Is that enough reason? :s
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2009
    yeah big numbers are one thing but alot of little numbers over the same time can have the same effect maybe more.....just sayin.
    Is Back once more.

• VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Most if not ALL of the time you will be alone in PVP and being a mage you are kinda the hardest class to get any squad with cuz lets face it...we are completely useless in squads and completely replaceable....

so saying that we have anything to strive for in PVP is foolish why did we pick this class the question that comes to mind...

I would hardly say we are useless in squads, I think that is when its a mages time to shine. If the other party member can keep them off you, you nuke the **** out of who you are PvPing. I would argue its the only time we are useful

Its solo PvP where i question it, but hey, i was never one for a fair fight. Its like the British lining up vs the French and taking turns in lines shooting eachother. Hey, they thought that was honorable, i say it was dumb. I will leave that to the bm's and barbs. I would hide in the trees and take you out with my sniper rifle when you are not looking

Same here, can be sucessful as a mage PvP when you are solo, just got to get them when they are weakest and not looking. If you are one of these people (this isnt directed at anyone in paticular) that believes in morals and ethics on a video game, mage PvP isn't for you. If you love to blow people up when they are fighting mobs, bosses, afk, picking flowers, just flying around not paying attention, and some see some unreal numbers, sign right up. Just get over that you will be hunted and killed a lot
    b:bye
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah sticky this so the GM's can take this as a guide to fix the wizzard class.Obviously the GM's took more time on the other whored classes in this game.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • Rundora - Lost City_1243871147
    Rundora - Lost City_1243871147 Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    yeah sticky this so the GM's can take this as a guide to fix the wizzard class.Obviously the GM's took more time on the other whored classes in this game.

"Step into a Phoenix world...
    A place where you will bleed.."

b:avoid
  • Tryangle - Lost City
    Tryangle - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I am starting to have my doubts about all this whining about mages. Here are my reasons:

First off, I have never seen a good mage yet. Of course I haven't been in groups with every single mage on the server....but I have yet to see one. Most mages I wind up in groups with use all **** spells, don't wait for the tank to get aggro, accidentally pull mobs the rest of the group skips, etc. I've seen countless mages using gush as their primary spell on earth mobs, even while they are being tanked by a barb.

Second, yes we get one-shot by almost everything. But if we are in the opposite situation, ganking someone that doesn't see us coming....we can one-shot them too. I used to get pissed at how any archer could kill me before I even knew where he was...but I can do the same thing. We just aren't able to until level 65+.

Third, nobody has the sleep spell, are you kidding me? This is like an instant win button. I don't know what the cooldown on this thing is, but I'm assuming it's high enough that you'd only get to use it once in a practical situation. After sleep, FoW, and Distance Shrink, you're talking like 8 spells without the other person even having a chance to fight back. As long as it doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of Chi, you could combo it with a spark and give yourself a couple extra seconds as well. Pretty useful in pve too.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    edited February 2009
    am with you on this one here cuz after I hit 70 all BMs are becoming a child's play for me to take out that I think they are becoming too easy that and I dont have undine and sleep yet so I think in my opnion that am finally picking up even when am against a veno with phoenix it also ends so close (with me losing no doubt) but still...

I think mages are like very fast cars that are a 100Miles away from where other classes start but with time we will be able to catch up and go way ahead of everyone else...
    Is Back once more.

• Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    First off, I have never seen a good mage yet. Of course I haven't been in groups with every single mage on the server....but I have yet to see one.

The really goods ones are too high level and too secretive, so you actually might never see them. x.x The top mage, I'm not sure he has a single post count on the forums, or a single world chat. But, he's level 98... and more, it's not just level.

Edit: Read some of this thread now... Mages are useful as of 90+, probably might even need to reach as far as 99, it's not an easy class, and it's not instantly gratifying. However, in the looong run, mages do ****. Obviously, it's hard to detect from how much we suck at the beginning. Note, it does take that specific level's HH gear, so it's not reach-and-receive either.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    The really goods ones are too high level and too secretive, so you actually might never see them. x.x The top mage, I'm not sure he has a single post count on the forums, or a single world chat. But, he's level 98... and more, it's not just level.

Elayne may be the worst mage on the server (Edit: One of. I forgot about Danika and Kopty, sorry). He talks **** in horrible english (in local chat) and drops the gear that his guild wastes on him when we find his rice spots.

He is a robe mage with a pdef basis, who got rolled by our 88 werebeast 1 on 1, and dropped him the level 96 pdef cape (worth more than anything I've seen drop so far.)

Unlike Haiz, who at least understands that a Mage's job is to deal damage and then kite people when they realize he's there, Elayne just stands there and soaks the damage until she's dead.

Grinding all day without stopping =/= good player. Far from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
This discussion has been closed.