Revised Pvp Wizard Guide

Comments

• streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Sky, hes just going to blab on about how his demon sprits gift makes him oh so uber, without taking in to account that wizards can get that same buff, and how our survivability is so much lower, again, not taking buffs OR our later level gear in to account, I'll bet if a level 90 wizard 1 shot his **** when he was level 150 he would still refuse to accept wizards as the superior class in that aspect, I know a wizard can't compete with a cleric as far as support goes. (notice I said SUPPORT not DD)

And yea, Pandora will eventually see the truth... eventually... I'm not saying LA is a bad build, and I also state that in my little guide I made out of bordem, its actually really good for the semi-low, middle levels, but meh, its all in opinon at that point, I'm just getting myself ready for where it counts the most, level 100+ end game ftw.
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    mages suck this is news to me lol
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • Lorsis - Lost City
    Lorsis - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Well look at yourself :p u suck badly
  • XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear
    XxTORMENTAxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have not really noticed that my mage sucks just yet but then I think, I am not playing TW or PVP.

It is sad to hear that so many people feel that the Wiz class sucks so much but at the same time I can't figure out how there are so many high level wizards. If they suck so much then why are there high levelers?

I just love my Wiz even though I am only PVE but can get so confused with seeing one 90 lvl wiz say our class sucks and another 90 lvl wiz say we do not.

b:puzzled So confusing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I have not really noticed that my mage sucks just yet but then I think, I am not playing TW or PVP.

It is sad to hear that so many people feel that the Wiz class sucks so much but at the same time I can't figure out how there are so many high level wizards. If they suck so much then why are there high levelers?

I just love my Wiz even though I am only PVE but can get so confused with seeing one 90 lvl wiz say our class sucks and another 90 lvl wiz say we do not.

The final word, they don't suck in the end. Anybody who says otherwise sucks themselves and are just trying to confuse you. <.< Ok?
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited February 2009

I also think we hardly suck PvE, I've had a lot more trouble with other classes on PvE, i think when most of us/them say we suck they refer to PvP. One thing that is guaranteed however is you will not be invited to fb's/hh often like other classes
    b:bye
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    Unless your in a faction that either loves you or wants you to get your tt weapon to benifit them in tw, lol (Make sure your squad leader knows what hes clicking when you do go in a TT, you don't wanna be level 50, and in a tt70 *cringes and has flashbacks* that **** will tramatize you.
  • VecaDeWitch - Lost City
    VecaDeWitch - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Do the half decent thing please you high level wizards you know you suck, save these lower levels the pain and time of creating a failure class.
    Wizards... are a joke nothing more.
    I have seen countless times wizards say to others that that a powerhouses or what ever but can you actually prove it lol?
    Give me 1 reason Mages are not a Failure class

MG-s are good looking human class b:cute
    very expensive and probably hardest for playing,
    and only for the people who:

- like challenge
    - are smart and brave enough and
    - have a lot of patience

If you missing something here, don't play MG b:bye
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    very expensive
    I still don't get this.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    lol. me either >.<
  • Skyannie - Lost City
    Skyannie - Lost City Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I still don't get this.

It's an expensive class if you want to have a more adequate survivability, since it will at all times require gear upgrading and what not, plus stones. Note that LA always wear molders, for obvious reasons, and robes spam stones.
    As only the child that I was, I tread with giants.
    Their footprints on the sand, marked for times immemorial, serve as evidence of hope.
    And though my short legs could not keep up, my heart was always by their side. Conqueror.
  • streaker
    edited February 2009
    my friends laugh at me because I don't even use armor right now, lol. I use merchant robes if I need something quick, because I'm not in a faction atm, and don't pvp much.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    streaker wrote: »
    lol. me either >.<

Plus skills become a **** after 59+ try to keep up then lol..
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    I'm 69 and have most of my gear ready for the next 7 levels (just looking for a weapon worth spending my money on) and I constantly run out of spirit. And I still have about 5m worth of DQ items to NPC if I ever need it... along with the fact that still get about 900k per gold mp charm, which is a 500k profit.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear
    RapiBurrito - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    You are in the point when things turn, u will start running out money and getting lots spirit ^^.

Unless u sell those 5 mils DQ b:dirty

Then u will have enough to make it till... errr... 78? ^^' :D

Now, how wiz suck....

Considering we get 1 - 2 hit by any physical player(if u go robes, 6 - 7 if u light armor)... the odds are not exactly good to us =(.

And it's true, nobody wants a useless wizard in TT(Good Luck with mats)... U.U

So i rolled Light Armor recently(1.5 mils only in reset notes because im a dumbass), and yes, ur phys def improves, and YES, ur damage gets a bad cutoff... To the point that with Sakyamuni's Light i have the same magic attack that i had with Ancient Arbor... Good thing is, a full vit barb CAN'T kill me, why?:

"Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss, Miss, 230, Miss, Miss"

Due to his lack of accuracy and my bit of dex, he keeps failling, thou, i think a better geared tiger can still whoop my ****.

Archers... Well, i can take some arrows... and deal damage, but i cant kill them without the "Min. Range" trick, guess i need the lvl78 Mold to be kinda good against'em =).

BM's... My damage is still high enough to kill this ones, but if they make it to stun me, my chances become slim....

Veno's... If they have Phoenix, bleed kills me in... errr... 2 secs? =D, if they dont, i kinda make it but not very good... Btw i consider Venos in 2 pieces:

Pet: Physical Damage(i can take a few)... Dont include Phoenix plz ^^
    Veno: Magical Elemental Damage(Not very good, i can take it but not THAT good :)

Clerics... Well, Plume shot damage is reduced, but my attacks on robe clerics are a shame... b:surrender They still kill me but not for much ^^.(I'll 2 shot a light, 1 "if it crits").

Wizards: FAIL! Considering my magic defense is reduced with light armor, and my kinda "low" damage goes to a elemental wall, there's not much to say here, Pure Wizards WOOP my burrito **** u.u...

Now, as i see it, my chances of survival increased against 5 classes and reduced against wizards, i think my crappy math tells me im not that bad, still, i think im still worthless till i reach high level.

This Guide made me feel like im wasting my life in a friggin gimped char, but some comments cheered me up(lvl90!!! :D in a year D:).

My personal recomendation, Go light only if u want:

-To survive more than 2 shots
    -To throw money on reset notes
    -To see lower numbers on damage logs
    -To be pwned by wizards
    -To be pwned by Phoenix(Not that a Robe have a better survive chance...)
    -To look cool in a Grieving Sorrow armor while u ride ur pet(Looks COOL)

And Finally, Go light if u just hate those horrible dresses people call robes D: (Female Versions look good thou, male are just long skirts and **** flowered shirts).

^.-
  • Macros - Lost City
    Macros - Lost City Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Bad Spirea. Don't say mages suck... Mages pwn. The reason mages suck at lower level is cuz they don't have 3 sparks and 99 chi. Once you get this, you have the ability to INSTANTLY one shot any enemy in front of you.. WB being the only exception, unless you're a failure like weezyfybaby and get one shot by Heaven Stone Rain.

If you're really serious about taking them out, hell, you can even amp your oneshot skill by 70%!! Heaven/Hell Spark -> 1.5 chi -> tempest. Heaven mages even have the chance to be able to SUTRA and tempest.

Heaven Spark -> 50 chi skill -> 2 chi pot -> Force of Will, sutra, pyrogram (hope the 45 chi gain happens, which is a 20% chance, but seems like more to me...) and then you Tempest at the end, instant 5-7k damage in PVP. Throw an Undine Strike in there and it's another 30% - ish (Doesn't quite increase damage by 60% as skill says)

Sounds like fun, huh?

And while mages may not have that fun a time out by themselves grinding or whatever, far out you can make up for that in TW :D

And while you people may whinge about mage being so squishy, there is this remarkably useful little spell called "Distance Shrink". That is your "GET ME THE F%$K AWAY FROM THOSE TWO EA's" skill. Use it. Whenever anyone comes close. Use it. It is your friend. It saves those Guardian Angels a lot.

There is a certain tactic to playing a mage and not dying horribly in every PVP fight.. It's called RUN LIKE HELL. Wait til they're not looking at you, and make them regret ever de-selecting your character.

It's the player that makes the imba, not the class, UNTIL YOU BRING A PHOENIX OUT.

Oh, one last thing.. What makes a mage survive = PILLS. Mages have to be the biggest druggies on this game, cuz I have to pop that many pills to stay alive it IS funny.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Bad Spirea. Don't say mages suck... Mages pwn. The reason mages suck at lower level is cuz they don't have 3 sparks and 99 chi. Once you get this, you have the ability to INSTANTLY one shot any enemy in front of you.. WB being the only exception, unless you're a failure like weezyfybaby and get one shot by Heaven Stone Rain.

If you're really serious about taking them out, hell, you can even amp your oneshot skill by 70%!! Heaven/Hell Spark -> 1.5 chi -> tempest. Heaven mages even have the chance to be able to SUTRA and tempest.

Heaven Spark -> 50 chi skill -> 2 chi pot -> Force of Will, sutra, pyrogram (hope the 45 chi gain happens, which is a 20% chance, but seems like more to me...) and then you Tempest at the end, instant 5-7k damage in PVP. Throw an Undine Strike in there and it's another 30% - ish (Doesn't quite increase damage by 60% as skill says)

Sounds like fun, huh?

And while mages may not have that fun a time out by themselves grinding or whatever, far out you can make up for that in TW :D

And while you people may whinge about mage being so squishy, there is this remarkably useful little spell called "Distance Shrink". That is your "GET ME THE F%$K AWAY FROM THOSE TWO EA's" skill. Use it. Whenever anyone comes close. Use it. It is your friend. It saves those Guardian Angels a lot.

There is a certain tactic to playing a mage and not dying horribly in every PVP fight.. It's called RUN LIKE HELL. Wait til they're not looking at you, and make them regret ever de-selecting your character.

It's the player that makes the imba, not the class, UNTIL YOU BRING A PHOENIX OUT.

Oh, one last thing.. What makes a mage survive = PILLS. Mages have to be the biggest druggies on this game, cuz I have to pop that many pills to stay alive it IS funny.

Epic win post. lol :D
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Do the half decent thing please you high level wizards you know you suck, save these lower levels the pain and time of creating a failure class.
    Wizards... are a joke nothing more.
    I have seen countless times wizards say to others that that a powerhouses or what ever but can you actually prove it lol?
    Give me 1 reason Mages are not a Failure class

They are fun to play! to many people forget this is a game..

I think the real problem with a wizard is people just want to spam skills till the mobs are dead.. I prefer to challenge myself by mixing it up.. with properly placed seals and knock back I can kill a mob way higher level then me without it even having a chance to lay a finger on me.. if you are using to many pots every few kills, hit yourself with a water sheild and med for 10 secs... you'd be surprised how fast it regens when your water sheild is a decent level.
  • Mosabi - Heavens Tear
    Mosabi - Heavens Tear Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    the proplem with wizards is very simple NOT ENOUGH DAMAGE not even by a small but enough we SHOULD be the hardest hitting class in game but we are not sadfuly clerics Venos BMs and Archers all over damage us and dont bring manifest virtue up my point is we simply dont do what we are spouse to do.
    Is Back once more.

sorry med school needs some time.
  • RoGz - Lost City
    RoGz - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    lmao i dont know b:laugh im well happy with my wiz at pvp and pve and im arcane from start....lower[0-50] lvls abit tough tbh
  • Iados - Lost City
    Iados - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wow this guy is ****
    b:chuckle
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lolz funny shid
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • Mikel_oru - Sanctuary
    Mikel_oru - Sanctuary Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    @spirea
    Awesome =))
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    brilliant.
  • Mizorie - Lost City
    Mizorie - Lost City Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Necro...............
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dalamaar: Mizorie you have no soul.
  • Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear
    Mysticlifex - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Necro? that's what you call it so would you prefer if someone made a new thread
    The search option on these forums is exactly so you can "Necro"
    We're MysticAve my name is not Dave
    (Poem in the making - Shall be epic)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    this should be stickied
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I DON'T GET 1 SHOT ANYMORE, QQ.

~_~

Ya its definately an accurate way of describing how bad a mage can be naturally.

But if you spend enough you can be quite beastly.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/oud - Harshlands
    C/oud - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    lol i think this is a plot by high lvl wizzies to prevent the rise of new wizziesb to replace them :chuckle
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    No we really do suck in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to play the class or spend a lot on gear like Llama b:sad
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
This discussion has been closed.