Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2le5dfk.jpg

This is my sexy lil'veno Rikamimi :)

4.7/5, the black outfit is a little too much.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • X_Bella_x - Heavens Tear
    X_Bella_x - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Here you go Llux, hope these are better.

2011-01-0917-20-49.jpg

And also my sin Rose.

2011-01-0918-02-44.jpg
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Bella love the colour changing job you did on teh fash especially the first one

So i made some changes to my archer Dors. she now has eyebrows that look like real eyebrows instead of drawn on lines xd think it softened up her look a lil and her lips are a slightly differant shade now. ratings anyone?
    yay3.jpg
    yay2.jpg
    yay1.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Cilfyn - Heavens Tear
    Cilfyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    My sin (which I made today)
    I don't think she looks very original but I don't really know how to make her original
    And I know pretty much all sins have those clothes but...eh
    k3tx8w.jpg
    x5urty.jpg
    What do you think? Do you have any constructive critisism that I can use to improve her? Thanks.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Dorset - 3.5/5
    I like how she looks unique but her nose is too wide, imo. It's almost as wide as her eyes (which I really like what you've done, btw). Her eyebrows are striking and really nice but I suggest a lighter color (like dark red) instead of gray to match her white hair.

Cilfyn - 2.5/5
    Her bottom lip seems to be a little small compared to the top lip. Her skin colour can be changed to something like light brown instead of the basic purple to make her look less like a preset (since most preset chars have the lightest skin tone possible, not saying she looks like one). Her eyebrows can also be lowered down a little bit. But otherwise, good job.

School and university applications have really killed my time to play or take screenshots. But here's some most recent ones. I made Coco's lips a shade of pink (after seeing MAC's Barbie Advertisements). Hope you like them!

cocooo01.jpg
    cocooo02.jpg
    cocooo03.jpg
    cocooo04.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    @Clifyn if you wanna make your sin look more personla and differant from others i would always suggest playing with teh face shape. i actually like her features they are cute 4/5

@Coco thnx for the feedback xD yeh i know botu the nose everyone always seems to pick up on the fact that the noses of my chars are wide but idk i dont like my chars with tiny noses reminds me too much of anime etc u knw? 3.5/5 for yoru char i actually love the colour of your lips now you should keep them that colour but i also always think coco looks a lil sickly sweet for me and im not a fan of blond. didnt you have her brunette a while back?

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    @Clifyn if you wanna make your sin look more personla and differant from others i would always suggest playing with teh face shape. i actually like her features they are cute 4/5

@Coco thnx for the feedback xD yeh i know botu the nose everyone always seems to pick up on the fact that the noses of my chars are wide but idk i dont like my chars with tiny noses reminds me too much of anime etc u knw? 3.5/5 for yoru char i actually love the colour of your lips now you should keep them that colour but i also always think coco looks a lil sickly sweet for me and im not a fan of blond. didnt you have her brunette a while back?

The thing is, maybe people are picking up on those facts because it's true? If you look into perspective, her nose is a too wide and it makes it look a little short. So obviously they will pick up the same thing each time you post if they think something's odd about it.

Also, Coco has only been brunette once (and that was like almost a year ago and I barely posted screenshots with her brunette), lol. Just like how you prefer your nose wide, I prefer my character to be blonde. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    b:shocked i didnt say there was somethign WRONG with my char the poor thing! idk i do it purposefully some of my chars have bumps in their noses some of them have wide noses i like them to be a bit differant from the usual tiny nose + pursed lips + big eyes ratio u knw? and i guess nobody in real life is perfect why should chars all be the same? adds a bit of variety. But i guess people like the perfected look u knw which is why people copy Cocos look so much and not Dorsets b:chuckle

yup guys imma back!

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    I never said anything's wrong with your character. It's my opinion and I'm sorry if you're offended about it. But this is a rating thread and I gave my honest opinion. b:surrender

It's good that you're doing something different.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    nah nah dw i wasnt offended at all i was just laughing bout this bit
    The thing is, maybe people are picking up on those facts because it's true? [...] obviously they will pick up the same thing each time you post if they think something's odd about it.
    dw i always get the nose thing from people. somebody once sed Dors looks like she has a black persons features on a white persons skin tone lol

yup guys imma back!

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    cocooo03.jpg

b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

Someone fails to visit me on MSN. b:angry
    nah nah dw i wasnt offended at all i was just laughing bout this bit
    dw i always get the nose thing from people. somebody once sed Dors looks like she has a black persons features on a white persons skin tone lol

Oh, what I mean to say is that if the same person says it again (like if they ever rated you the second or third time and still talk about that feature), then they probably think something's wrong. But keep it the same if you want. I'm used to Dors looking like that anyways.

and lollll at that comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    14m6s2h.png
    2144fvp.png

Something is off about her.. >w< ;; halp ?
    Edit: Seems rude to ask for that and not rate someone, so:
    Cocobelle, your veno is so cuuute :3 !! I definitely have to give her a 4.5/5,
    only because her chest is a little big and it takes away from the 'innocent'
    atmosphere she gives me. But big chests don't always equal impure and
    her face is beautiful none the less~ c:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Cilfyn: I like her attitude, don't think the preset colors is working for you with the pale lips and eyebrows. Maybe try getting the same look with the other presets with a little more coloring? 5/10

X_Bella_x: Honestly, I've always like the way that veno look was. It's cute, maybe that's why it's used so often. Same with the sin.

Xxdistance: I think it's her eyes. It's too bright and too opened so she looks kinda creepy. Other than that she is nicely made, colors are beautifuls (altho you cut out so much of her not sure how my opinion might change if I see all of her?) 8/10

Cocobelle: I know I'm not one to talk with almost all mine looking like that but bleh. Every time I see your new makeover, I get the feeling that she lost a lot of originality. With your previous looks she had something about her that made her look different even though the concept was the same. I like the new pink color, doesn't really fit in with her eyes but I think it might be just the overall coloring of the screenshots. Still cute, just disappointed a bit. 7/10

Dorset: I like the other eyebrows better tbh. She looks more manly now I think. I prefer her other look compared to this version; her expression seems to be caught between the middle. 7/10
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Xxdistance: I think it's her eyes. It's too bright and too opened so she looks kinda creepy. Other than that she is nicely made, colors are beautifuls (altho you cut out so much of her not sure how my opinion might change if I see all of her?) 8/10

ae18vt.png

This is the original height of the first image. I cropped out the empty
    space to the right of her though. And I think you are right; her eyes make
    her look like a scary doll. I am going to play around with them tomorrow
    and see what I can do. Thank you :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011

This is the original height of the first image. I cropped out the empty
    space to the right of her though. And I think you are right; her eyes make
    her look like a scary doll. I am going to play around with them tomorrow
    and see what I can do. Thank you :3

Oh, I think your screenshots are really nice, I was just thinking I'd like to see a whole picture of her with the top of her head showing because that hair tends to make the head look super tall sometimes. I hope you don't change the color of her eyes though, I like the icy blue color. b:pleased
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Xxdistance is there anyway you can just take a normal screenshot of her in full? i love the colours in this screenshot and she looks unique and beautiful but im not sure i can give a proper rating till i seen just a normal in game screenshot u knw. is that teh coloru of her skin in game?

yup guys imma back!

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Cocobelle: I know I'm not one to talk with almost all mine looking like that but bleh. Every time I see your new makeover, I get the feeling that she lost a lot of originality. With your previous looks she had something about her that made her look different even though the concept was the same. I like the new pink color, doesn't really fit in with her eyes but I think it might be just the overall coloring of the screenshots. Still cute, just disappointed a bit. 7/10

Actually, the only thing I changed about her is the pink lips, nothing else. Eye colour is the same (it's dark teal but I guess it showed up as black in those screenshots) which is complimentary to the pink. So I don't know how she would lose originality over a minor change. b:surrender

But thanks anyways, Susy. It's nice to see some feedback too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /neon - Raging Tide7
    /neon - Raging Tide7 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2011-01-0900-59-30.jpg
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2011-01-0900-59-30.jpg

5/5. Never seen such a sexy back of someone's head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • /neon - Raging Tide7
    edited January 2011
    Lol ty how about this one b:victory

2011-01-0819-06-46.jpg
    edited January 2011

2011-01-0819-06-46.jpg

10/10! Oh damn Kimi likes this oneb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited January 2011

2011-01-0819-06-46.jpg

2/5 - Not really a fan of long hair with facial hair...unless you are going for the whole hippie look?

Try to get a closer screenshot, though...can't really see much in this one.

P.S. ~ Someone has a quest for you to turn in...

Also, QQ that the only person to rate my screenshot of KrittyCat was a good friend...
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011

2011-01-0819-06-46.jpg

GOD these screenpics are awsome xD the manipulation of the cam function is exquisite b:pleased

yup guys imma back!

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Actually, the only thing I changed about her is the pink lips, nothing else. Eye colour is the same (it's dark teal but I guess it showed up as black in those screenshots) which is complimentary to the pink. So I don't know how she would lose originality over a minor change.

But thanks anyways, Susy. It's nice to see some feedback too.

You sure? I'm pretty sure facial structure and other things changed from your previous makeover where she looked a lot younger. Oh well. b:laugh

Here's the one I was talking about:

14shbew.png

Compared to this:

cocooo01.jpg

I know you've shown off this new makeover before, always thought what I said, just never bothered to say til now xD First one, she looks pretty unique. Second one, she doesnt, and she looks a lot more 'squarish'. And no, I still don't think the shades match quite right but that's just my warped colored opinion b:laugh. If you only changed her lip color, well I don't know, I'm probably just going crazy lol.

You're welcome :) I know it's hard to get good criticism when you have a nice looking character so I'm just being harder on you than usual.
  • /neon - Raging Tide7
    edited January 2011
    Ty for the constructive criticism b:pleased
  • /neon - Raging Tide7
    edited January 2011
    2011-01-0914-25-46.jpg

Last one of the night :D<3
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2011

WingedCasey: (Cleric) 4/5. The proportions on her body are a bit weird to me. Other than that, I think she has a lovely face. :)
    (Tideborn) 4.5/5. I like the brown-haired one better. She looks a little surprised, kind of like, zomg! Though so...

Twinkee: 4/5. Looks like a pre-set to me. Blame it on the lack of customization options for Tideborn. I really like her eyes though, you pulled off the extreme slant very well. ^^

crystalynnex: 5/5/ I love that face with the hair. Plus I think the dark eyes, but little makeup looks wonderful. Plus I like the fact that you kept her boob size smaller.

Evict: 5/5. I actually, really like this character. I dunno, because usually Tideborn males = bleh for me. I think what's really attracting me to him is the skintone + hair color combo.

Daesitia: 5/5. Really good use of the hairstyle, I feel like a lot of characters can't pull that one off well. Also her eyes matching the fash just looks really good.

X_Bella_x: (Veno) 3.5/5. I don't like the white makeup, and I think her bottom lip is a bit too narrow. I'm also disliking the ears. (But just personally I hate it when ears show on most veno's because they already have them. XD) I do however really like the colors you used, especially the one you got for her lips.
    (Tideborn) 4/5. Mouth is throwing me off. Other than that, she's cute. ^^

Kateh: 5/5. I think I might just be partial to that hairstyle. XD Lol, anyway she looks really nice. I like the skin tone lip color as well.

Wulfina: 4.7/5. At first I was like, omg, that's not an awesome looking character at all, but the more I look at her, the more I grow to love her. The only thing I dislike at this point is the chin looks... odd. Maybe it's just the angle though.

XXKimikoXx: (Cleric face) 5/5. (Cleric body) 2/5. I think her face is very natural looking and I love the expression she has.
    (Tideborn face) 4/5. Tideborn body) 2/5. The eyes on her look square, but I love the mouth! It's so unique and gives her face an amazing look.
    The only reason you scored low on the body is the huge breast size. I think it's unrealistic, even for the 'television and media' that you've been talking about. The only place I've seen implants that big with such small waists are some XXX vids.
    But, keep them if you like them, after all it's your perfect char. :P

AquaDagger: 4.5/5. Lost points on the hair (personal preference), but in all honesty I think she's gorgeous. I love, love, love her eyebrows, hahaha.

Kotaruo: 4/5. Can't really see the face, so just going off of the angle you have.

Rikamimi: 3.5/5 Again, I can't really see the char. She looks a bit too broad shoulder, and her eyes look strangely light in that snapshot.
    But other than her shoulders she has really nice proportions.

Dorset: 4.7/5. I just don't like the pointy ears. =/ I actually love her face (I think my favorite out of the one's I've rated in this post) because while you kind of did the cutesy almost anime look, you've completely kept it your own.

Cilfyn: 4.5/5. Points off for the hair in both cases, but this time I like the thunder hair better simply because it shows off her left eye. i think the markings on her really accentuate the eye, and it's sad that it's covered up in the second photo.
    Different hair and she would be a 5/5 for me. I love her face composition + the colors.

Cocobelle: 5/5. I think she's adorable. Plus totally cute in that hair. :3

Xxdistance: 3.5/5. I don't know what to say, just doesn't appeal to me. Nothing that I can really pick out as being 'wrong' though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    edited January 2011
    [IMG]ttp://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee442/Josh_Saunders/2011-01-0914-25-46.jpg[/IMG]

Last one of the night :D<3

Okay okay, it was funny at first but we need proper pics of your character to rate pleaseb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    You sure? I'm pretty sure facial structure and other things changed from your previous makeover where she looked a lot younger. Oh well.

Here's the one I was talking about:

14shbew.png

Compared to this:

cocooo01.jpg

I know you've shown off this new makeover before, always thought what I said, just never bothered to say til now xD First one, she looks pretty unique. Second one, she doesnt, and she looks a lot more 'squarish'. And no, I still don't think the shades match quite right but that's just my warped colored opinion b:laugh. If you only changed her lip color, well I don't know, I'm probably just going crazy lol.

You're welcome :) I know it's hard to get good criticism when you have a nice looking character so I'm just being harder on you than usual.

Nope. Her facial structure barely changed, Susy. Except for having a pointier chin than usual which is supposed to look more "rounder", not square. But that's just me. Plus that first makeover was like...ages ago. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]