Rate a Character thread. Hot or Not.

Comments

• Wulfina - Lost City
    Wulfina - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    35jyqm1.jpg

Ohhh Gee. She is really adorable! I love the big-eyed look, it's so anime. Super adorable hun! 5/5! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Insanity: Trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. ~Albert Einstein.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Actually, lol, I haven't bothered rating this new makeover even before the lip color change; the only thing I said was she looks more mature briefly in another thread. b:sweat

Maybe I should have rated her the first time I saw her like this, idk. My mistake. I've just come to expect more from you, that's all. No need to keep pressing that you didn't change anything when to me it looks like she changed quite a bit, and as a result, lost her originality which mainly came from her facial and lip structure from before.

It's just my opinion. No one probably agrees with me but just thought I'd say it *shrugs*

As much as I respect your opinion, no need to also press that I changed anything. I don't know how she looks unoriginal, is it a preset you've seen over the PW-CN forums? I don't even go to those to begin with (doesn't know Chinese or anything). b:surrender

But nonetheless, it doesn't matter since I don't need expectations from anyone. But thank you anyways. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    2011-01-0720-20-48.jpg

This is my wizzie, changed the colouring on her and the body proportions. Hope you like her :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    KuiXing: I think her body proportions improved as far as I can see. Give us a better shot of the face sometime so we can get a good idea of the color changes cause I can't tell atm. b:laugh
    As much as I respect your opinion, no need to also press that I changed anything. I don't know how she looks unoriginal, is it a preset you've seen over the PW-CN forums? I don't even go to those to begin with (doesn't know Chinese or anything).

But nonetheless, it doesn't matter since I don't need expectations from anyone. But thank you anyways.

Coco, it's my opinion. I can press all I want because you asked for my thoughts by posting here to be rated, and you keep arguing my opinion was wrong.

I'll explain for the final time - She looks unoriginal. Why? Cause she looks the same in concept as my characters, as many other players I've seen in game that don't post here, as well as hundreds more on the CN servers before you changed to this look in the middle of December. Fact that you didn't see them doesn't change the fact that I have, making her not unique to me anymore.

Subtle details and changes might not mean a lot to you, but I like to take in details and often even one change can cause a great difference and sway my opinion drastically.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I just hope you continue to develop your own style which I thought you had going for you before. b:cute

Honestly I can't say it better than you said here:
    I never said anything's wrong with your character. It's my opinion and I'm sorry if you're offended about it. But this is a rating thread and I gave my honest opinion. b:surrender

edit: I hope you didn't think I meant you copied someone else's character when I said not original. I'm just saying it's an image that's used often that's all.
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    KuiXing: I think her body proportions improved as far as I can see. Give us a better shot of the face sometime so we can get a good idea of the color changes cause I can't tell atm. b:laugh

The only thing i really changed was her eye colour and eye shadow colour, because my friends kept complaining that my eyes were pink xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    XuiXing I like how she looks :3 Its a very elegant style.

Sooo pwi was my first mmo and as such i was a little more concerned with playing it versus character creation and as such i picked a preset, gave it colors i liked and hopped ingame. My bm has had the same look for 90 lvls. Finally after some nitpicking and weeks of working on presets, ditching them and trying again I made one i like. I wanted to keep it looking relatively close to my old bm, but well... younger or less... something XD. Anyway she's not perfect but I adore how it came out. I try to keep my characters more or less natural looking (exception being my veno).

Anyway! Here's old Tearle (top) vs Made-over

comparetears.jpg

Like I said I really wanted to keep it looking similar but but maybe younger and I think I hit it? I'd love it if anyone could spot anything I messed up in the face. I messed the bone structure somewhat and I dunno if I made it look ok >.<
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Coco, it's my opinion. I can press all I want because you asked for my thoughts by posting here to be rated, and you keep arguing my opinion was wrong.

*cough* kinda familiar *cough* b:chuckle

@Tearle she does look similer but younger thats true only i kinda miss the more striking look she had goign for her in teh first place
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Aha, thank you Dorset, I did like her old look but it was basically a preset :/ If you go in the bm creation screen you can pick out which one it was in a heartbeat. As weird as it is I miss the bigger nose XD It was one of the features you dont see often =P most people use little noses. Thank you for the feed back! ^_^
    So far i'm liking the makeover, but I just hope it lasts past the "omg new look!" hype. Might end up changing back/to something different if it doesn't D,:
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    *points at own chars* im an advocat for bigger noses as anyone will tell you. just take a look back a few pages at my main she has a HELL of a nose on her lol

i know how you feel bout teh makeover. but new looks can always be fun b:chuckle

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Your character has a lovely nose =P It just seemed like a unique feature. I'm probably just being silly from lack of sleep due to studying and gaming but ah well x) It happens.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    lol i dont often hear that my main has a lovely nose most people mark me down on it. Tiny noses are all the rage >.> i too am suffering from lack of sleep. bleurgh

yup guys imma back!

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011

I'll explain for the final time - She looks unoriginal. Why? Cause she looks the same in concept as my characters, as many other players I've seen in game that don't post here, as well as hundreds more on the CN servers before you changed to this look in the middle of December. Fact that you didn't see them doesn't change the fact that I have, making her not unique to me anymore.

Subtle details and changes might not mean a lot to you, but I like to take in details and often even one change can cause a great difference and sway my opinion drastically.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I just hope you continue to develop your own style which I thought you had going for you before. b:cute

edit: I hope you didn't think I meant you copied someone else's character when I said not original. I'm just saying it's an image that's used often that's all.

I never said you're opinion's wrong or implied it. I'm just stating the fact that there was barely any changes which isn't the case for you, simple as that. Just because she has the same concept of your characters does not mean I copied them or anything. I've changed my character's looks not just since December, but for quite awhile now. I don't even know where you got the "since the middle of December". b:surrender

Cocobelle: I know I'm not one to talk with almost all mine looking like that but bleh.

Does this mean yours is unoriginal as well since you use the same concept?

I hope you don't think that I'm copying your "style" which is definitely not the case here. How else would it be unoriginal if I didn't copy someone else's character? Because it looks like other characters in another server?

But thank you for your opinion anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Coco Shut the HELL up! theres no need to throw your toys out of the pram every single time somebody doesnt act as if the sun shines out of your chars ****. just learn when to quit will you Su has the right to her opinion theres no need to argue against it tirelessly for pages on end. you are getting BORING.

yup guys imma back!

• Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Coco Shut the HELL up! theres no need to throw your toys out of the pram every single time somebody doesnt act as if the sun shines out of your chars ****. just learn when to quit will you Su has the right to her opinion theres no need to argue against it tirelessly for pages on end. you are getting BORING.

I really like how flaming in this thread is so common nowadays. I'm not arguing against it, you're just reading it all wrong. It's simply a discussion, as far as I'm concern. I'm just wondering why she thought of those things so I basically just responded to what she said. Simple as that. So no need to create further "arguments", Dorset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    sorry to "flame" but i mean come on its been going on for pages now. and it looks to me like shes gettign a lil frustrated at you also. maybe im wrong. Feel free to comment after this one so you can have your beloved Last Word which you seem to crave so badly i wont argue back... but u knw...just seems like you should just give up now and then

yup guys imma back!

• Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I never said you're opinion's wrong or implied it. I'm just stating the fact that there was barely any changes which isn't the case for you, simple as that. Just because she has the same concept of your characters does not mean I copied them or anything. I've changed my character's looks not just since December, but for quite awhile now. I don't even know where you got the "since the middle of December". b:surrender

Does this mean yours is unoriginal as well since you use the same concept?

I hope you don't think that I'm copying your "style" which is definitely not the case here. How else would it be unoriginal if I didn't copy someone else's character? Because it looks like other characters in another server?

But thank you for your opinion anyways.

Well - You kept telling me you didn't change anything when I specifically wrote several times it looks TO ME you changed her quite a bit. So why bother tell me over and over that no, you didn't change anything, if you're not implying or even saying my opinion was wrong?

Middle of December was when you first posted the "pointer" chin version of your veno, saying that you now had winter break. Before that, you still had the other look I liked better, at least on the forums.

Yes, I already mentioned several times my characters have the same image. I made them the way they are, saw that others have done the same and said, okay cool, so they weren't as unique as I thought they were.

I haven't posted any of my characters to be rated since I realized it, hoping to come up with something new. I also don't flatter myself to think that someone with as much confidence in her characters to even take a simple critical comment to "copy" me or anyone.

Unoriginal = been done before. I already said it doesn't mean you copied, just that it's been done before on my server, and on the chinese server (don't play the other servers so idk). So the look is overused and not unique to ME.

Sorry for the bickering Dorset. I'm just too stubborn to let things go sometimes. b:laugh
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    forget it Su i lose my temper too quickly and i get frustrated.

On more important matters i need to know what colour eyes your char has.

EDIT! in fact a face on picture of yoru char would be better

yup guys imma back!

• HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Diva cat fights are sexy
    SOOOOOOO anyway here is heart with her newest colorsb:cute
    2010-12-2403-42-54.jpg
    2010-12-2714-17-07.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Diva cat fights are sexy
    SOOOOOOO anyway here is heart with her newest colorsb:cute

Hmm... I'm not sure but the eyeshadow makes it look like she's really tired (I know you can't change it though).It might also be the hair, makes her eyes seem like a hair too close. I'm not big on the lavender skin tone but it works nicely with that outfit. Love the lips, and I notice you got your wife's nose. b:laugh
    forget it Su i lose my temper too quickly and i get frustrated.

On more important matters i need to know what colour eyes your char has.

EDIT! in fact a face on picture of yoru char would be better

Oh, is it for the picture? b:pleased I'll pm you a screenie now.
  • HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear
    HeartandSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    and this is my psy b:cute
    2010-12-3019-57-51.jpg
    2010-12-3019-54-13.jpg
    2011-01-1023-02-07.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to nowitsawn for the epic sigb:cute
    b:heart Madly in love with Dorset b:heart
    Watching - Bring me to my knees
    Waiting - I am your disease
    Lover - set my symptom free
    Covered - You can't love me
    This is the virus, the virus of life
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2011
    Well - You kept telling me you didn't change anything when I specifically wrote several times it looks TO ME you changed her quite a bit. So why bother tell me over and over that no, you didn't change anything, if you're not implying or even saying my opinion was wrong?

Middle of December was when you first posted the "pointer" chin version of your veno, saying that you now had winter break. Before that, you still had the other look I liked better, at least on the forums.

Yes, I already mentioned several times my characters have the same image. I made them the way they are, saw that others have done the same and said, okay cool, so they weren't as unique as I thought they were.

I haven't posted any of my characters to be rated since I realized it, hoping to come up with something new. I also don't flatter myself to think that someone with as much confidence in her characters to even take a simple critical comment to "copy" me or anyone.

Unoriginal = been done before. I already said it doesn't mean you copied, just that it's been done before on my server, and on the chinese server (don't play the other servers so idk). So the look is overused and not unique.

Sorry for the bickering Dorset. I'm just too stubborn to let things go sometimes. b:laugh

I didn't expect a slight change would make a character's look so similar to others so I had to clarify that with you.

I still think your characters are unique in their own way (doesn't matter which server you're on because no matter what, there will be a character who may resemble you).

Well, you implied it in your posts before you even mentioned your definition of unoriginal. Anyone can be unoriginal with their character styles (i.e. white hair, blonde hair, big eyes, etc.). So it's not just you, it's technically all of us. It's just how we pull it off.

I think we both know that we're both stubborn sometimes. b:chuckle

@ Dorset - You get frustrated too easily, it would be nice if next time you know what's going on before you rage again. I think it's getting normal for me and Susy to have an in depth conversation about something (although at times, we do get frustrated). I dunno how many times it has been already, tbh. b:chuckle

ON TOPIC:

HeartandSoul - 4/5
    I like how her eyebrows are arched nicely and her red hair but she needs a smile. I actually like that TB hair but I wonder why it's not used very often. Asides from that, my only concern is her skin tone. I suggest it would be lighter to create contrast with her hair colour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    I didn't expect a slight change would make a character's look so similar to others so I had to clarify that with you.

I still think your characters are unique in their own way (doesn't matter which server you're on because no matter what, there will be a character who may resemble you).

Well, you implied it in your posts before you even mentioned your definition of unoriginal. Anyone can be unoriginal with their character styles (i.e. white hair, blonde hair, big eyes, etc.). So it's not just you, it's technically all of us. It's just how we pull it off.

I think we both know that we're both stubborn sometimes. b:chuckle

I think it's precisely what you said about how similar character designs can get that one slight change IS what makes a character unique or not. In your veno's case, I'd say 3 things look different to me, and she lost it, in my view. I'm sorry I can't express my thoughts in any better way, it's just what I feel.

Yes, you're right, everyone is unoriginal, there isn't much that can be done that hasn't been done before. In knowing that, I'm glad I don't know yet what all that can be done with the character creation so I'm just poking my head into this thread for someone to surprise me.

Also, stubborn doesn't even come close to describing me sometimes b:laugh
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    b:surrender I can have opinions on my makeover posted a page or so back?

HeartandSoul I really like your sin the lavendar and white is a nice soft look :3 The only thing that goes out of that a little is the red lip coloring, but I know with presets that can't really be helped if you found one you liked =/
    Yous psy looks very intense and almost threatening o.o Almost is like you flipped the stereotypical themes

XD very nice!
  • crystalynnex
    crystalynnex Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @heartandsoul:

sin - 5/5 something about her i really like, cant put my tongue on it but she's really cute (:

psy - ehh idk how to rate this lol... hmm, i like the originality (imo anyway) with the hairstyle, colour and overall design. that said, im not hot on the hairstyle or colour x3 i do however like the face very much, the frown works (im not sure if you screenie'd it at the exact moment or if she was made that way, but it works for her defo! cant imagine her smiling really lol... >.>") hats off to you for designing outside the box! 5/5 for originality (imo) but 3/5 for me personally :3

@tearle:

i definitely like the makeover loads more than the original... i may not be able to differentiate if a TB is close to a preset or not, but your original really strikes as a preset to me X.x imo you definitely achieved the younger look you were going for and you did it quite well :) i think she'd look cute in the renaissance hair... :3 one thing you could do is darken her lips a touch? the pink (i think that's the colour haha cant distinguish it very well from the screenie >o>") looks kinda off with the rest of the colour scheme... and i'll leave the bone structure comment to someone more professional than me lol x3 overall 4/5 :) PS. can you post your toon instead of the avatar?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

♥ siggy by Susylu - HT

"you can compare alcohol to a woman; she can make you feel so high, or she can make you miserable that it's far beyond everything." -AL
  • Xxdistance - Heavens Tear
    Xxdistance - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I attempted to make my sin look less like a preset >o< So here is her final makeover for awhile ( because I'm on my last day of free character customization D': ) .
    I'm pretty pleased with her ~ b:thanks
    As for anyone who asks about seeing a full shot: Her body is the same as it was before, I only changed the face .

2zi6gav.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " you gave up the fight; you left me behind . "

credit for the picture goes to Susylu, of course. b:cute
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I attempted to make my sin look less like a preset >o< So here is her final makeover for awhile ( because I'm on my last day of free character customization D': ) .
    I'm pretty pleased with her ~ b:thanks
    As for anyone who asks about seeing a full shot: Her body is the same as it was before, I only changed the face .

2zi6gav.png
    As a human, I'm flattered that you're trying to emulate one of our common skin tones with your character design. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    _Neve_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    okay, here my cleric, neve, my bm and veno will follow sooner or later =)
    [IMG][/img]neve.jpg

let me know what u think^^
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    My first character I guess...

20110110202230.png

b:bye

omg looks like a sad arielle or how/ that mermaid is spelled. i like it! xD 4/5
  • _Neve_ - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Well here is my Assassin :)

2011_01_09_14_32_26.jpg

2011_01_09_14_32_58.jpg

2011_01_09_14_33_52.jpg

smexy sin, i could turn to a **** b:dirty

5/5
  • AquaDagger - Heavens Tear
    AquaDagger - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    okay, here my cleric, neve, my bm and veno will follow sooner or later =)
    [IMG][/img]neve.jpg

let me know what u think^^

5/5 Cute and sexy