If we are carebears what are lost city players?

Options

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    i love my new sig, dont you? thanks to forsaken for my sig
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    IShoOtCatZ - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Call us gremlins, they pwn carebears...

____________________________________________________________________________________________
    im sorry but in a few things i do not agree here. for one i come from wow and well over 11mil subs is to much to consider it a lame game. but thats not why im responding. its more for what follows, about the quests and pve in general in wow being lame.

your wrong there and thats the main reason why lots of people play wow. the lore is well written and the quests are fun to read and do.
    here im doing a quest to get some item fixed and the blacksmith i took it to sends me to get a book from someone. So i find that person and he refuses to give me the book, but will give it to me if i kill 40 of some random mob thats close to arch.
    killing x mob or get y item has been in every game. Wow just makes the reason to do so very interesting while here im getting just go kill this and for little reason why. the quests here are quite shallow. but then it is a ftp so i cannot complain.
    another example of poor writing in this game is when i had to find the tomb of the untamed hero, who was captured by the wing elves and tortured. at the end he bellows out Freeedom . comeon this is so damn braveheart. Anyone who saw the movie and see the poor reference will scream for justice.
    I can go on but thats not the topic here.

like a few said the pve vs pvp servers is an old one. and it varies from game.
    Eve: some will claim its a pvp intesive game, but its also a pve intensive game. and the richest players are in the pve enviorment. however they lack the fun where the pvp part is at.

Wow: you cannot call any server here a carebear server, infact the pve servers have the best pvpers. this is due to no griefing and players focus more in group fights ect. most of the best arena teams come from pve servers. pvp can be activated in many ways and lowbies can avoid the ganking part,, find players their lvl to challange. battles can be done in every town and infact in the pve servers more city battles are seen than in pvp servers.

pwi: im new to this game and i do like my pvp but it seems that the server im in is not like what im used to. while you can go to tw its not constant or a all day thing. im still in the process of finding which class i like best. as it is now i am getting a bit bored of the pve this game has due to the poor writing and execution of quests. this is leaning me to try out the pvp server since i do enjoy it.

now pvp in about every game has a few types of players.

the pvper: these people enjoy the player vs player enviorment. they enjoy the fact they can engage it at any time. they normally avoid anything that doesnt pose a threat to them and usually focus on what can be a potential and fun conflict.

the griefer: these are the players that bully the lowbies, thats how they find their fun, usually these tend to find things that ace to their advantage like a class that will be overpowered for lobies to counter (in pwi the archer) these players tend to suck hardcore vs a soso to good pvper, so they take thier anger on those they can kill with 1 shot.

the pver: These are the confused players on a pvp server, they come due to rl firends to the server, get melted , then complain about everyone on that said pvp server. truth is, they dont belong there.

for the pve servers:
    the pve player: when on a pve server their way of fun is to progress with their friend in the pve enviorment. their chars are focused more for that also.

the griefers: These are use airheads who go to pve servers to kill quest mobs or bosses and steal kill, their only purpose is to aggravate the other players. because its a pve server they cannot get killed and can get away with their crimes. compared to griefers on a pvp server, these guys are the worse. atleast a griefer on a pvp server can get killed, but you cannot do nothing to these, they will mock you. ive already met a few of these on the server im in and it makes me want to go more to pvp due to it.

the pvper: pvpers in a pve enviorment are those who seek fast lvling and gearing up to get to their goal, they will get into pvp whenever the chance occurs for find ways to start it. (in wow its as simple as tagging yourself for it or attack a town) in pwi these are the ones who control territories. while in this game pvp is less than in a pvp server it seems to satisfy them

at the end you just cannot generalize a whole server for being one thing because your from a different type of server. if you noticed on any server youll find the same type of players only 1 will be larger than the other. pvp servers will have more pvp players than pve players in it. (pve players are easy to detect as they allow themselves to die in hopes they will be left alone) . Pve servers still have pvp players in it, they are just less then those who prefer to pve.

both pvp players and pve players have reasons to play the way they do, for them its fun.

its the griefers who i have a bone to throw at as these are the bullys of the mmo world. its because of them i im leaning to roll to the pvp server, just for the fact that atleast i know i can do somthing about it.

Quoted for my new signature, you like it stickygreen? I think its better than yours
    [SIGPIC]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/9623/catlauncherqj2.png[/SIGPIC]
    iShoOtCatZ - Lv.7x Archer - RageQuit
    edited January 2009
    Options
    pwn carebears? uhhh no, playing on LC doesnt make u a better PvPer. id eat half of your server alive. and, my sig > urs. kthxbye

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Only h0m0s say "kthxbai"
    edited January 2009
    Options
    nice comeback lol, and apparently you cant read? i said kthxbye, not kthxbai. you my friend fail. epic fail.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Only h0m0s say "kthxbai"

yo dude you better not mess with sticky! he'll kick your **** and walk away with a mother****ing baseball bat. and he can't be ****! if you'd kindly refer to #4 in the pic i posted, he's obviously got 2 FEMALE prostitutes coming over. he's like christian bale in american psycho, except fatter....and mexican. equally badass though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol bookie, i was drunk. cant believe you actually got an SS of that... oh man what a friday night. fat? no im just a little bigger than most people are, certainly not fat though. and hey, dont start that mexican thing again ~_~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bookman - Heavens Tear
    Bookman - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    what can i say i'm a screenshot ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Options
    lol man. and to clarify, i was going to them.... oh and they werent Pro's

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    Carebears is obviously a name made to make fun of us, I don't see why we shouldn't do it back.

"Arlette! Don't hit Bryan! Go sit in the corner!"

"But he hit me first!"

Sorry, a flashback to Kindergarten I just had.

The force is strong in this one

*ponders for a bit* ...A compliment?
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    *ponders for a bit* ...A compliment?

Yup. Do what you want with it, just don't put it on Ebay b:surrender.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Yup. Do what you want with it, just don't put it on Ebay b:surrender.

Sweet! b:victory And thank you. ^^
    b:bye RETIRED
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Sweet! b:victory And thank you. ^^

You're welcome.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Pharse - Heavens Tear
    Pharse - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Wow. I can't believe that this thread has gone on for so long.

I had someone call me a Carebear and didn't even know what it meant. I was actually playing with my cleric who's name is PoohBear. I felt it fitting as he is a healer. I was going around and healing people and casting buffs on them just for fun and to be helpful. My response was "Thank you" I then explained that I felt it a fitting name for a cleric who was always healing. They had no response.

I never thought of it at an insult nor do I care if it was one.

If you don't care if someone is insulting you then it really isn't an insult.

For example...If I say you are all stupid it is only my opinion. If you do not care about my opinion (which you shouldn't because you don't know me and I therfore should have no impact on your life, especially your real life) then it really doesn't matter what I said and it shouldn't matter.

They did make blacklist for a reason.

Also, if you are all fired up about what someone said in a thread on a website then don't read it. This is how censorship gets started and we all know that is a bad thing.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I don't think your compliment would be worth that much on eBay...
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
    edited January 2009
    Options

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Dis iz the nice place for the trollz and flammer to camp...gd jb to the starter
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalador - Heavens Tear
    Kalador - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options

Single

LMAO, thats the best definition I've ever heard b:laugh
  • IShoOtCatZ - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Options

That's the funniest sht i seen in a while..
  • Yugoslav - Heavens Tear
    Yugoslav - Heavens Tear Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    I would call them Izraelian.. or plain American.. or any other nation that likes to pick on the weaker... bloodthirsty bullyies?

anyway - this was posted with NHF intended..

=)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - sneering at the world is better than barking at it anyday -
  • AlpineFrost - Lost City
    AlpineFrost - Lost City Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    OMFG that seven legged spider **** is h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ex-Waffles Director
    ~Ragequit
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    OOOO Elementry school all over again, they call us carebears so lets call them STUPID!!!!!!!

Ya.. Immature post. Dont even reply, they like the reaction.
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Options
    The players of Lost City are so hardcore, even the women have packages! Must make for pretty hilarious weddings on that server b:chuckle

http://i44.tinypic.com/taj2vo.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Before I finish reading the other 10 pages here (if that happens before wq is over), I would like to point out that you guys are arguing with a carebear on the PvP Server. Mua doesn't even atk flagged players, let alone going red without accidentally flesh reaming someone with that phoenix.

PS: What is this infernal raging about being called nice (essentially what a carebear describes).
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Before I finish reading the other 10 pages here (if that happens before wq is over), I would like to point out that you guys are arguing with a carebear on the PvP Server. Mua doesn't even atk flagged players, let alone going red without accidentally flesh reaming someone with that phoenix.

PS: What is this infernal raging about being called nice (essentially what a carebear describes).

http://i44.tinypic.com/160q8fa.jpg <- lol carebear

Before I finish my World Quest, I would like to poing out that Mua is a total carebear and never goes even slightly red and never attacks any RQ or BL that come near him. Listening to someone from a rival guild talk about Mua is definitely a smart thing to do and anyone who does so is clearly a smart person.

That is all.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Torinchibi - Lost City
    Torinchibi - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Pls... I clearly recall you sitting there and getting owned because you wouldn't atk anyone when fighting RQ at Naught. If it wasn't for the nix, you would never even fight. Trolling is fine and all but you're going overboard for someone who calls having skills using alt+1 and running away like 80% of venos with a nix.

Trolling on carebears to make you feel like less of a carebear ftl.

Btw, ppl on HT need to smarten up and start recognizing fail trolls...you'll have less gray hair.
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    why are lost city players arguing on the Heavens Tear forums?
    More importantly, didn't this thread die last week?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited February 2009
    Options
    Torinchibi felt like trolling me but is late as hell and had to necro the thread to do it. Oh yeah Torin, the whole "Phoenix takes no skill" argument, you got me, now I feel so sad, I'm gonna go over there and pretend I'm not laughing IRL.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    [sarcasm]Thanks for necro'ing this thread.[/sarcasm]

I really don't see how y'all can get so worked up about this. Personally I think it's great that we can choose which PK style to play in. It felt like I progressed sdrawkcab in some other MMORPGs I've played, which all had a very open PK system whether you liked it or not. But that's just me...I bet those who like it would hate to be forced to play a closed PK game. Anyway, in the end though it just added to the reasons why I stopped playing. Boring or annoying - those are two of the biggest killers in games IMO. Lack of content or too repetitive or even too easy = boring. Causing unnessisary frustration, strain, stress or wasting time, money or especially effort = annoying.

Also, it's all relative. In the eyes of REAL murders or other criminals and the like, even the most bloodthirsty of PKers would look pathetic to them. Some people may even see 'carebares' as bloodthirsty or cruel, because everyone still has to slaughter lots of mobs, even the non-aggros who mind their own business until you attack them.

Agreed, pro-PK and anti-PKers shouldn't wine, but agitating the situition, providing bait, etc will make yourself look as bad as them, if not worse. It works on both sides.

Just my two cents. :P
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Krasava - Heavens Tear
    Krasava - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Options
    You guys on LC are SO hardcore! I bow before thee!

Playing in PvP environment! I could NEVER!

You guys are bigger than life! You're SO COOL!

I'm not worthy to kiss the dust you stepped on!

Just amazing! Unbelieveable! True greatness!

PvE is so despicable! Why are we such losers at HT?

How didst i manage to enmesh myself in the misery that is PvE? b:cry

Your pinkie finger is wider than my torso! You're gods!

Please don't strike me down! PLEASE!!! b:shocked