If we are carebears what are lost city players?

Comments

• dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    redanjin wrote: »
    Is this a joke? While Lost City is a tiny bit harder than the other servers its still silly. This game is only slightly less carebear (regardless of server) than WoW. So that makes it the second worst PvP MMO in existence.

No item drop unless you're Red, and even then its only a few items? Dolls and other such **** to prevent item loss? Every city, village and hamlet is a safe zone? There is nothing more funny than 200 players shopping and chilling out in Arch or, even better, AFK! If Lost City was a PvP server the only people you would find in Arch would be the strongest guild on the server. Everyone else would be living in the shadows because selling your loot in the biggest city is a ****ing right, not a privilege

To call Lost City the "PvP" server is an insult to the title.

If you like this level of violence and randomness great, its your game, you play it. But reading Mua here you would think this was Darktide before they put in housing and other "safe zone" carebear BS. Lost City is to PvP as Disney Land is to Yakuza. Yeah, yeah, you're hard, you're bad. Find a game where you actually might miss with a spell or arrow...

Like Darkfall Online. Release date, Jan 22nd.

Translation : Q.Q I fail @ this game so everyone else that plays it is a carebear Q.Q I'm moving somwhere else Q.Q
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • Gonzu - Heavens Tear
    Gonzu - Heavens Tear Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    brawlbears
  • VonTerror - Lost City
    VonTerror - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    Translation : Q.Q I fail @ this game so everyone else that plays it is a carebear Q.Q I'm moving somwhere else Q.Q

Well i agree that that guy was a little overboard but Darkfall does look insane. That being said, completely different game, cry elsewhere, go throw a baseball around till the 22nd
    b:bye
  • Kelovar - Heavens Tear
    Kelovar - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lost city players should be named one of the following:
    Flameloops (more on that)
    QQbears
    crybears

This thread inspired me with the flameloops one by proving the fact that if 2+ LC people start answering to each other in a thread, they will encounter a flame loop bug, and flame each other endlessly. Much like when a program gets stuck in an infinite loop, or when you have 2 people with auto-answer whispering each other ingame. And most of them will QQ a few times during their favorite activity. Anyways, they are funny little creatures in a way ^^ Watching a flameloop thread is like visiting a zoo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Through the darkest of nights, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor

Thanks ForsakenX for the sig *_*
  • Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    a majority of lc pyers are carebears. id like to thinkof myself as an angrybear. (my ban finally got uplifted ftw)
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ForkBomb - Lost City
    ForkBomb - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I mean it's not like in Heaven's Tear you could just sit there killing mobs for as long as you wanted and the worst that could happen is that you get KSed.

Maybe you should try getting level 30 on lost city, before you say anything about it or you'll just embarass yourself like Zoe.

rofl, you're an idiot ill ask again, what happens when i get ganked on lost city other than a 3 minute inconvenience? If I die in a real pvp game like eve, I can lose months of work maybe even a year if i get jumped in my cap with good implants.

More importantly I can get ganked anywhere and i lose all my "gear" when i die. Dont fool yourself kid, this game is carebear and you dont need to be over 30 to realize it.

That's like saying you can't say being hit by a foam bat swung by a toddler hurts unless you have experienced it.
    edited January 2009
    rofl, you're an idiot ill ask again, what happens when i get ganked on lost city other than a 3 minute inconvenience? If I die in a real pvp game like eve, I can lose months of work maybe even a year if i get jumped in my cap with good implants.

More importantly I can get ganked anywhere and i lose all my "gear" when i die. Dont fool yourself kid, this game is carebear and you dont need to be over 30 to realize it.

That's like saying you can't say being hit by a foam bat swung by a toddler hurts unless you have experienced it.
    no one asked you about eve

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolscrubss
    lolscrubss Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Hi, I dont play this game, i was linked here by another forum.

My post is directed at the people who think they are hardcore for playing on a pvp server in this game.
    • Apparently you have cash shop items that prevent item drop,
    • you dont lose exp when you die from pvp
    • if you dont pvp you dont have a % to drop items at all
    • There is no death penalty other than you being teleported when you die to a safe spot. L ****ING O ****ING L

World of warcraft is more hardcore than you(and thats pretty bad). At least they have to run back to their body and get camped on the way back to a safe spot while you carebears get teleported to one.

LEWLELEWLWLELWLELWLEW

Anyone thinking they are hardcore for playing on a pvp server in this game is a supreme scrub
    edited January 2009
    lol who said we thought we were hardcore? ogo die

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolscrubss
    edited January 2009
    lol who said we thought we were hardcore? ogo die

My apologies my post was not directed at you, I have no quarrel with people who are enjoying this game as im sure it has many good qualities however im pointing out the stupidity of the posters who are making it out to be something its not. it was directed at lord of the terribad here.
    tl;dr, way too much whining. If you don't think Lost City is a decent PVP server then either you haven't played it or you need to revise your definiton of PVP. Kthnx.

PvP is full looting all the time, and/or loss of experience points with no safezones. You can keep pretending to be hardcore though you have a whole forum of people laughing at you. Its funny keep it up! Do those 5 minute walks to a different grinding spot after you get teleported to a safe zone get really dreadfull sometimes tuff guy?
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lololololololol you admitted to not playing the game why the **** are you even commenting on it? HERE WAIT ILL SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU OK.

WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT PVP ON A CERTAIN GAMES FORUMS ITS IN THE SCOPE OF ONLY THAT GAME NOT OTHER GAMES AS WELL.

Did you get it? Do i have to repeat that 1000x times? Why the hell are you even here?

You're definition of PvP is also lol jokes. PvP = Player Versus Player the rewards and or effects have nothing to do with the actual definition thank you very much. Different Game different play styles. You come here to these forums pretending what you think is the law of the land and no one can dispute it. lol gtfo.

You don't have even half an idea of the KoS'ing on the PvP server or anything else that goes on for that matter. GG u r teh phailz now leave.
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • lolscrubss
    edited January 2009
    lololololololol you admitted to not playing the game why the **** are you even commenting on it? HERE WAIT ILL SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU OK.

WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT PVP ON A CERTAIN GAMES FORUMS ITS IN THE SCOPE OF ONLY THAT GAME NOT OTHER GAMES AS WELL.

Did you get it? Do i have to repeat that 1000x times? Why the hell are you even here?

To make fun of terribads like yourself that play a carebear game thinking they are hardcore.

You're definition of PvP is also lol jokes. PvP = Player Versus Player the rewards and or effects have nothing to do with the actual definition thank you very much. Different Game different play styles.

And your version is severly watered down.

You come here to these forums pretending what you think is the law of the land and no one can dispute it. lol gtfo.

You don't have even half an idea of the KoS'ing on the PvP server or anything else that goes on for that matter. GG u r teh phailz now leave.

Then explain it for me.
    -Item in cash shop to prevent item loss
    -No exp loss
    -Instant Tele to a safe spot when you die.
    -All major questing hubs are safe spots
    -Quest givers cannot be killed

= carebear.

Is there anything im missing scrub-a-dub? I can almost feel the teen emo angst coming from your fat fingers as they patter across they keyboard.

You're like a 7 year old in the 3 year old kiddie pool claiming to be a great swimmer that's too scared to go out into the ocean.
  • Hisui - Heavens Tear
    Hisui - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,369 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Player versus Player!!!!!!!111
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    私の番ですよ。- Sig by Symour

Check out ForsakenX 's sig thread O_O
    Enrage - We Eat.
  • Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If I die in a real pvp game like eve, I can lose months of work maybe even a year if i get jumped in my cap with good implants.

lololololol, you're both total idiots. In THIS GAME (not WoW or Eve or Runescape or whatever), endgame gear can cost thousands of pounts -Right Click Deity's avatar and choose Player Info if you're too nub to know what HH90 gear is like. (Assuming lolscrubss is even on the pvp server and not a HT carebear trying to justify his choice lol)

lolscrubss wrote: »
    Then explain it for me.
    -Item in cash shop to prevent item loss So you're saying we should lose thousands of pounds everytime we make the slightest mistake in PVP, or maybe you're saying people shouldn't have good gear at all and keep buying and dropping the same **** before they get bored. Either way, I'm sure that's going to make PW a popular game!
    -No exp loss - It takes months to get to level 90+, nuff said. This is PW, not WoW, and they actually understand that people have lives outside this game. If you want to play a game where you get killed and have to spend more and more hours making up lost exp, SEE YA
    -Instant Tele to a safe spot when you die. -I've tried WoW, you can spawn at the Spirit Healer if your corpse is getting camped so that's a lame reason to moan
    -All major questing hubs are safe spots - Get Level 70 and start World Missions then try saying that again. How can you comment on a game that you don't even know much about?
    -Quest givers cannot be killed - What this has to do with PVP I'll never know. What, you think someone would be stupid enough to walk into an ambush trying to find quest giver that clearly isn't there?

= Moaning, needs to either find out more about real PVP in this game or GTFO.

PVE Server VS PVP Server debates are about the people who miss out on a fun element of THIS game. You idiots are trying to make it about whatever stupid features PW doesn't have that WoW has. But what I have to wonder is, if WoW is so great, why do you even play PW then? Doesn't that make you a 19 year old in the 3 year old pool telling the 7 year olds that they're bad swimmers? b:chuckle

STFU, get a job and a life, and go play those games if they're all so great.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Elementx - Lost City
    Elementx - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    To make fun of terribads like yourself that play a carebear game thinking they are hardcore.

Then explain it for me.
    -No exp loss

= carebear.

Is there anything im missing scrub-a-dub? I can almost feel the teen emo angst coming from your fat fingers as they patter across they keyboard.

You're like a 7 year old in the 3 year old kiddie pool claiming to be a great swimmer that's too scared to go out into the ocean.

huh, how about those dolls cost money, how about kill that damn kser!
    "If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cryotech
    cryotech Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ***** Bears?

Edit: lol kweer*
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't get it.
    How does a game which discourages PvPing even remotely count as a game that's PvP based? If you're playing a PvP server, aren't you there because you'd like a challenge against other players rather than the server itself?

I don't consider it anywhere NEAR a real PvP game, if there's no actual competition between players... I mean, what if you walked into a Counter Strike game hoping to get some good competition with some human players then realize that the minute you shoot someone else, a magical laser beam from the server wipes you out 100% or your guns are taken away fro you, w/e, some sort of weird force which you can't do anything about? How is THAT PvP competition?

PvP isn't defined by what rewards and what cons there are when PvPing.
    PvP is just that, Player versus Player, and the satisfaction of being able to play versus a player rather than getting your **** shot by some Guard in town who'd like to kill you by doing 158,921 damage to you just because you wanted some player competition.

And don't pull the "but you people just farm lower levels in PvP in Lost City, you people are insecure about your skills so you hunt lower levels.. bullies"... BULLSH'IT.
    There are those kind of people on every server, can you really judge us all on several players? I enjoy the KoS between BLT and GZ/CQ, because both sides have similar levels. The fights are enjoyable, they're FUN to play because there's a human intelligence on the other side of the competition that we're up against. Its not some boring NPC guard or mob with set AI. THAT'S PvP, where the challenge comes from matching moves up against another player.

I think we have PvP ill defined if we're talking about how much a game restricts it.
    If WoW really has its players up against a wall once they kill another player, then THATS a carebear game. "The servers going to stare you down with their rainbow bea of justice as soon as you kill someone!"
  • Tres - Lost City
    Tres - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited January 2009

Then explain it for me.
    -No exp loss

= carebear.

I'm the 7 year old when you're editing the terrible after my name in quotes gg.

The reasons you say this game is carebear are just well let's leave it at simple minded or just plain wrong. One point at a time shall we!

1. The Item in Cash Shop that prevents drops.

Im sorry i can't bring myself to care about this. I don't care if i do not get anything for killing them I kill them to simply kill them. You kill someone grinding on an xp scroll oh noes its being wasted THEY are losing money. You kill someone with a doll same thing losing real moneys ohmygods a game where you can pay to keep your gear that anyone could go and farm theirself THE HEART ACHE!

2. No exp loss.

You are getting that this is not a P2P Game right. You probably have the absolute most limited knowledge of F2P games and their xp tables. Here's a clue people who have been playing this game for years are maybe at 104 with the current and not alleviated cap being 105 where the game can go to 130+. Unless the game wanted people to quit cos they lose xp for PvPing i dont see that happening. Which MMO makes you lose XP for PvP'ing? lololol please answer and not with Eve thx thx thx.

3. Instant Tele to Safespot when killed.

Not true you have options - Go To Town, Be Ressurected, Use a ressurection scroll.

4. All Major Questing hubs are safespots.

LOL why do you comment on a game you don't play?

5. Quest Givers Cant Be Killed.

I dont care if they could be a majority of the players dont do quests. Sorry you fail.
    Previous Character: Tres_Iqus 95 MG
    Current Character: Tres Cleric (See level above)
    Conqueror
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited January 2009

My post is directed at the people who think they are hardcore for playing on a pvp server in this game.
    • There is no death penalty other than you being teleported when you die to a safe spot. L ****ING O ****ING L

World of warcraft is more hardcore than you(and thats pretty bad). At least they have to run back to their body and get camped on the way back to a safe spot while you carebears get teleported to one.

LEWLELEWLWLELWLELWLEW

Anyone thinking they are hardcore for playing on a pvp server in this game is a supreme scrub

LEWLELWELWELWELWLELOLOLOLROFLLMAMOAMOAMOAMROMFLFOLOFLF

****ing idiot. Your list is stupid as hell if your really a WoW player. WoW is so easy that you shouldn't even compare it to this game. WoW is a casual hardcore raiding PvE game, and PW is a grindfest game. There's a big difference. Reaching level 80 in WoW is incredibly easy, then you raid for your items. Hop on the PvP Arena and call yourself uber killing noobs.
    PvP is full looting all the time, and/or loss of experience points with no safezones. You can keep pretending to be hardcore though you have a whole forum of people laughing at you. Its funny keep it up! Do those 5 minute walks to a different grinding spot after you get teleported to a safe zone get really dreadfull sometimes tuff guy?

Your basically saying that you want to waste your time running back to your dead body and running back to the safezone while calling yourself uber. +1, pro.

Then explain it for me.
    -No exp loss

= carebear.

1) Items in PW is harder and much grindier to gather than WoW.
    2) EXP is actually hard to obtain in PW since it's a grindfest. Losing EXP in WoW isn't really a big deal.
    3) Walking back to a dead body and running back to safezone is obviously ****ing pro. More like a time consuming dumb ****. Good for the laughs I guess.
    4) Quest blows in this game, no one cares.
    5) Escorting a big giant green ****** is definitely the way to go. No one gives a **** about watching the quest giver move slowly.

You sound like some kid that thinks your hardcore... Do you flex everytime you run back to your dead body and watch a guy camp you all the way to the safezone? Do you look at the quest givers **** everytime he walks? Do you camp noobs while they quest?

Why does every post you make sound like your an actual carebear with no knowledge? Was this done on purpose to make yourself look like an idiot? Are you one of those hardcore WoW noobs that can't reach level 80? Do you even know how to PvE?

Wow, hell. You sure sound like fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Faustinna - Heavens Tear
    Faustinna - Heavens Tear Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    *Sings* Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Because the term "care bear" refers to people who avoids PvPing. Also if they are heavily into PvE, and since this server is a PvE server... then yeah.

What does "heavily into PvE" have to do with anything? It's a PvE based game.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Sigr - Heavens Tear
    Sigr - Heavens Tear Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2009

LEWLELEWLWLELWLELWLEW

Anyone thinking WoW is hardcore is a supreme scrub.

WoW is a watered down version of EQ, at best.
    Lament of a Hybrid Veno: Where oh where did my spirit go? b:sad

I hate ranged mobs. b:angry

I <3 my cactopod. b:pleased
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2009

LEWLELEWLWLELWLELWLEW

I vote for ban on the WoW tard invading our forumsb:angry

GTFO LOSER!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    flame flame flame +1 post count

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mister2shoes
    mister2shoes Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Anyone thinking WoW is hardcore is a supreme scrub.

WoW is a watered down version of EQ, at best.

Wow is a mediocre game (I am being VERY generous there). The quest/story lines lore and pve in general is horrible. The only thing they got right is that the the fighting mechanics are real smooth and responsive making for some fun kiting and anti kiting techniques. Which actually gave them a shot at making a really great pvp game. But as it stands their lack of creativity toward pvp and total lack of ability to even come close to class balance pretty much killed that. I mean CTF.... yeah that's original. I like CTF as much as the next guy when there is two teams with good strategy and skill and it would have made a great mini-pvp game. But not as the main form of pvp.

Oh wait I forgot about the 24 hour long Alterac Valley battles (back in the day) which made no real difference if you won or lost em, it gave the winning faction no real desire to actually come up with a winning strategy.zzzzz

I'm new here but from what I have seen so far the PVE is decent, better than any non p2p rpg I have played. The pvp looks like it's gonna be fun since winning a TW actually has enough benefit to it so that you have a good reason for strategy. Only thing I am a lil worried about is TWs look like they can get expensive. But hey they gotta make money to keep the servers up somehow.

All in all I say good job PWI looks like i may be hanging around for a long while.

Sorry this didn't have anything to do with "carebear" I just had to laugh at someone actually claiming WoW was hardcore. It's a dumbed down rpg to attract counter strike players.Using carebear is kinda wowish anyways that should give ya reason enough to not wanna use that term. Who wants to be labeled as wowish?b:laugh
  • Hong - Heavens Tear
    Hong - Heavens Tear Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    What does "heavily into PvE" have to do with anything? It's a PvE based game.

I gave you the definition of care bear. In my terms of "heavily into PvE" means that they actually prefer to repetively kill monsters over and over again rather than PvPing. It's actually a PvP based game tbh. There's no reason to do TT runs for gears if it wasn't for TW. TW is a major content of this game and the only reason why people plays it. The PK option wasn't available in the past.

WoW/EQ is a PvE based game. Simply they don't have anything huge that relates to war and have nearly nonstop quests/storyline (Even after level 80 you still have crapload of quest to do) and the raid bosses are actually different compare to any MMORPG. I'm not saying battlegrounds and PvP arena isn't PvP based; just not as big/gvg related.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www . rochq .net
  • Qiuyue - Heavens Tear
    Qiuyue - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I miss the Arena. b:surrender
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It's actually a PvP based game tbh.
    That is simply not true. In PvP, skill is the determining factor. In PW (as is most MMOs), level and gear are the determining factors. In territory wars, that is further diluted as the side with higher numbers as well as the previous two factors decides the battle 90% of the time. I will give it that 10% of the time, when a faction pulls out some nice tactics, those factors are less important. Class balance is also a big joke in this game.

If you want real PvP, there are a handful of really good FPS's out there. If you want MMO PvP, there are only a couple - not naming them for the rules of the board, but I can tell you PW is not on that list (neither is that really big one everyone keeps throwing around). PW is, however, a pretty fun PvE game with some relatively fun PvP thrown in. Just the way I like it (I get my serious PvP kicks in a few FPS games I play).
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Yes, you keep up your delusions of grandeur. People like you were my favorite victims. Ones that talk tough but can't handle it when they actually have to deal with consequences for their actions. PW is the most balanced game I've played but the pk that lets you get away with no consequence from the cash shop is lame. The more penalties you have to deal with at once, the more fun a red name is. It actually means something.

Here in PWI, a red name doesn't mean squat. So what if you killed someone? 1 cash shop item and you don't have to worry about anything. Where is the fun in that? That just brings out wanna-be pkers like you, who as I said, are my favorite people to kill.b:victory Thats pretty much the only thing that made MY version fun.

A lot of the people though did have some skill in pvp and I respect them for that. You though? I'd just kill you and laugh. I went to pve to avoid doing it this time around. Don't mess with me you have no idea who you are dealing with.b:bye

Your lack of any use of logic and the fact that you "claim" to be so great at PvP because you play some other game which you have failed to name or provide any sort of proof of, has henceforth made you my new troll target ^^ see you soon on these forums b:bye
  • Zenpachi - Heavens Tear
    Zenpachi - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Your lack of any use of logic and the fact that you "claim" to be so great at PvP because you play some other game which you have failed to name or provide any sort of proof of, has henceforth made you my new troll target ^^ see you soon on these forums b:bye
    Could you clarify your post please? First of all, I didn't "claim" anything. Second of all, why do I need proof that other games exist? Do you deny that? Is your world really so limited to this game that you don't know that most obvious of facts?

Nice to know you enjoy trolling. Good luck with that. b:surrender